+ Reply to Thread

Thread: *OFFICIAL* Blog Feedback - Match Viewer

Default *OFFICIAL* Blog Feedback - Match Viewer

This is a thread for feedback on today's blog, which is now LIVE here - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...Viewer-(Video)

Amateur

Looks good!

Again, as with all video blogs, I'll have a listen when I get home...

Subtitles anyone??

Part-Timer

IMO these video blogs are pointless.. just write them and add game-video/pics to it..

Amateur

Humm. Some decent small improvements but massively improved? Far from it. These updates just seem... underwhelming(refferring to the 3D engine)

Amateur

I disagree, I think they're briliant.

FM12 looks like the best FM in years...just hope the ME is as good as it looks...

Third Team

Kept being distracted by Miles' eyebrow's, they appear to have a life of their own & move independently from the rest of his body.

Amateur

I like the new 3d improvemnts a lot, but I am still waiting to see the manager on the bench, giving to the managers different personalities, so you could see a manager shouting at his team all the time or another one sitting all the time even when he is winning against barcelona.. how long must we wait for this?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Herter View Post
    IMO these video blogs are pointless.. just write them and add game-video/pics to it..
    I actually like the videos, it's just a lot of people are probably in my boat and browse the SI forums whilst at work (and can't play the sound)

I'm just messing around asking for subtitles though... helluva lot of effort that would take, unless they hire a speedy gonzalez typer to do it.

Very incidentally, I think Miles sounds just like the IT guy 'Simon' from The Office! Can just see him saying, First day it opened I went down there, I was doing a few laps and pulled over and the manager comes over to me and says "Oi, mate! No professionals." I said I'm not a professional. He said "Well, you should be. With moves like that you could be the best in Britain". I said, "No thanks I'm making **** loads from computers".

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Barside View Post
    Kept being distracted by Miles' eyebrow's, they appear to have a life of their own & move independently from the rest of his body.
    Looks like he's flirting with us.

First Team Squad Member

he does look a bit old and rough round the edges right now, obviously not making enough money from FM, hopefully steam sorts the problem lol
    I think the ME looks brilliant, wasnt overly excited about FM12 until the last few days, but the last few blogs have picked up my interest.

Youth Team

For a blog to do with the "Match Viewer" I don't know how a video blog is pointless

Anyway, looks good. Better animated and this adds to the realism.

Slightly disappointed with "Director Cam", I thought this was going to be a 3D rotate and zoom tool for replaying as you see fit. Been in football games for over a decade.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    he does look a bit old and rough round the edges right now, obviously not making enough money from FM, hopefully steam sorts the problem lol
    I think the ME looks brilliant, wasnt overly excited about FM12 until the last few days, but the last few blogs have picked up my interest.
    Easily dispelling rumours of botex use.

As for the content of the blog I'm happy to see that the crowd distribution has been fixed so that we don't see the lone wolf fans refusing to stand anywhere near each other in low attendance matches, no sign of players actually crowding the ref when the commentary tells you this is happening though, hopefully the whole ref/player interaction has been worked on while adding the nice new ref animations.

Amateur

Any improvements for those of us who still use the old style 2d camera?

Part-Timer

top notch again!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SWaRFeGa View Post
    Looks like he's flirting with us.
    Or his own reflection in the camera.

Lot of icy pitches out there!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by andu1 View Post
    Any improvements for those of us who still use the old style 2d camera?
    What is there to improve anymore?

Amateur

Another promising blog, looks a lot better for sure. Interested to see what it looks like in rain / snow.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa2007 View Post
    looks a lot better for sure.
    I keep hearing that phrase lately. Harry Redknapp's really got it trending, for sure.

First Team Squad Member

Easily dispelling rumours of botex use.

As for the content of the blog I'm happy to see that the crowd distribution has been fixed so that we don't see the lone wolf fans refusing to stand anywhere near each other in low attendance matches, no sign of players actually crowding the ref when the commentary tells you this is happening though, hopefully the whole ref/player interaction has been worked on while adding the nice new ref animations.
    He is maybe going for the "casual gamer" look, trying to blend in better.....:P
    Yeah i would love to see the players surrounding the ref, my only worry would be if it happened too often and matches would take an age to get through. Im hoping they have sorted little things like players going off injured but running off the pitch whilst the physio walks slowly off.

Amateur

Is there a dugout (or technical area) camera angle? Or a directors box angle? This way we'd be able to see the game as a real manager would?

Amateur
    Matt@Im going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in th

Something thats always bugged me is the whole "Britishness" of all the stadia used in FM. Say you are playing in Italy, where most of the stadia have no roofs and are bowl shaped, FM presents this as a typical English stadia, so there is no feel for where you are playing.

Also another minor detail, but I like to play games in Africa using created leagues. Lots of these games happen in stadia where the pitch is dirt - this is avilable in the editor but is not rendered in the game - so again we have diddy African teams looking like they are playing an away game at Bury

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Tyson View Post
    For a blog to do with the "Match Viewer" I don't know how a video blog is pointless

Anyway, looks good. Better animated and this adds to the realism.

Slightly disappointed with "Director Cam", I thought this was going to be a 3D rotate and zoom tool for replaying as you see fit. Been in football games for over a decade.
    By "pointless" I mean: Why go through the hassle of creating a video-blog when the exact same info can be given via a written blog + attached videos/pics.. I'm not against video-blogs in general, but for the FM2012 blogs I'd prefer a written blog.

Amateur
    Matt@Im going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in th

Oh, and while I'm at it - when are we going to be able to edit the stadia files so that we can create our own? They are locked down currently..

Amateur

Argh I want to play it NOW

Friday cant arrive quick enough

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ? View Post
    Also another minor detail, but I like to play games in Africa using created leagues. Lots of these games happen in stadia where the pitch is dirt - this is avilable in the editor but is not rendered in the game - so again we have diddy African teams looking like they are playing an away game at Bury
    This is definitely something I'd like to see reflected in the viewer.

Semi Pro

I would like a Wormcam.

Amateur

Looks superb.

Semi Pro

The players float/levitate.

Other than that, lots of nice few little additions but not a "massive improvement".

Amateur

Not something I'm paticularly bothered about (how the 3D engine looks) but it does look like a alot better than before. Which can only be a good thing.

Amateur

wow.. looks awesome.. cant wait to get my teeth into the game now

Amateur

Hope also when playing that if you try and change quick tactics during a game and there is a pause in play and then continues while you are doing it, that you can close the tactics box instead of it being stuck open blocking a huge lump of the screen until the next break in play .

Shame the blog did not actually show the new rain and snow as i disabled the snow in 2011 as it hurts my eyes trying to watch the game through a white blur .

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by noikeee View Post
    The players float/levitate.

Other than that, lots of nice few little additions but not a "massive improvement".
    Did anybody actually count how many "massives" there were in the video? Nevertheless, fair play to Miles. He probably had a massive breakfast today: a sandwich and a coffee.

Third Team

Given that it's most probably still WIP it still looks better then in 11.3 and that's why it gets thumbs up from me.
    www.fmbosnia.com - The game starts here

Banned

Looks great, an improvement from 11.3

Semi Pro
    Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™ (CSE Forum)

It looks great, match engine improves each version.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ? View Post
    Something thats always bugged me is the whole "Britishness" of all the stadia used in FM. Say you are playing in Italy, where most of the stadia have no roofs and are bowl shaped, FM presents this as a typical English stadia, so there is no feel for where you are playing.

Completely agree - I'm fed up with the same high street shops outside the small stadiums, no matter where in the world you are :-) Would be lovely for different countries to have a different feel

Banned

What sort of graph card do you reckon i'd need to make the ME look that good? I've only got a ATO mobilitity radeon 4250 card now.

Anyway, the ME looks beautiful

Youth Team

That's not a great graphics card, and it's onboard, check with some computer shops in your area if they can sideport some memory on there - might help. But it would heavily depend on the type of processor, you're unlikely to get good 3D graphics though.

The min Specs for FM12 say

Graphics: 128MB
    Supported Chipsets – Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater

Again - nommage. Can't wait.

Amateur

is this match engine is the final i don't see "work in progress"

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by blala View Post
    is this match engine is the final i don't see "work in progress"
    I don't think it's the final one though I might be wrong.
    www.fmbosnia.com - The game starts here

Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mightyshrimper View Post
    Completely agree - I'm fed up with the same high street shops outside the small stadiums, no matter where in the world you are :-) Would be lovely for different countries to have a different feel
    As mentioned in the video blog, we've added a couple of new variations to the outside scenes to cater for this, and will continue to add new ones over time.

Reserves

I get it now; I thought director cam would refer to the view of the director of the club - now I see it's the TV director! bit ambiguous, that.

Reserves

I have a couple of questions from a lower league perspective, generally a neglected area in terms of graphics and sound.

Where you say you have improved crowd graphics, have you improved the appearance of small crowds. In FM11 the attendance might be under 100 but there are 200+ people in the stadium.

Secondly, sound. All that happens in FM11 and before that low attendance = low volume, with lower leagues often just having the sound of the ref's whistle and nothing more. This is the case in a small stadium that is 80% full. Have you supplied crowd sounds for lower league fixtures now?

Youth Team

Think this forget to be added to the new sticky section?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Dejyothin View Post
    As mentioned in the video blog, we've added a couple of new variations to the outside scenes to cater for this, and will continue to add new ones over time.
    OK, sorry, couldn't view the video blog !!!

Reserves

he just said it, the video didn't show anything of outside stadium graphics.

Amateur

I think the choice of camera angles should be limited to match the situation. For example, as a manager you have basically two options, either watch the game from the dugout or from the stands. Therefore during the match only these options should be available. When re-watching the game in order to analyse what happened, then fair enough, as many angles as possible. Also, when scouting a player, you sit in the stands and should therefore only have the one angle.

Apart from that the game is looking good, which is a pity.

Semi Pro

Huge step in the right direction, and the most important change for me as its the place I spend most my time playing. Few more years and we should have fifa level of graphic quality, where I think we should be.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Woodmansee View Post
    Huge step in the right direction, and the most important change for me as its the place I spend most my time playing. Few more years and we should have fifa level of graphic quality, where I think we should be.
    I'm quite sure we won't. This is FM not the FIFA series. FM would probably eventually reach the graphics quality of an older FIFA game if that's what you mean but certainly don't expect FM12 to look like FIFA12, etc.

Amateur

Love the look of this as well. I don't think there is anything wrong with the 3D engine. Sometimes the smaller changes and improvements are the best.

I like the new camera angles as well that has been added and how they have tidied up the crowds and stadiums. Even outside the stadiums have been tidied up as well.

Just wish I could get a decent graphics card for this Inspiron 530S that the missus wisely bought to play the graphics at maximum. Don't think there's many graphics cards that can run in this with only a 250 power unit ::::bloody package PCs::::

Part-Timer

Like the new movements from officials re extra animations re referee also goalkeepers and injured player movement, gestures look good. Player passing and camera angles nice features.

Might even get some of those luddite 2D guys to give 3D a go!!!!

K

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by munich 1860 View Post
    I like the new 3d improvemnts a lot, but I am still waiting to see the manager on the bench, giving to the managers different personalities, so you could see a manager shouting at his team all the time or another one sitting all the time even when he is winning against barcelona.. how long must we wait for this?
    This! And i think it would be so easy, imo, to implement. Put the manager on the bench, and create a couple of different animations reagarding his personality. Maybe in FM2013!

Amateur

I think a Stadium Editor could be a huge feature in next versions... think about it, SI.

No news about sound, will be the same sounds again?

I saw some bugs in video, like players "levitate" sometimes... but, i hope that bug will fixed in first or second patch.
    And, for me, a little frustration to don't see features in training system...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Keyzer Soze View Post
    This! And i think it would be so easy, imo, to implement. Put the manager on the bench, and create a couple of different animations reagarding his personality. Maybe in FM2013!
    Adding on to this. How about having your manager get up, when you use the "shouts" or make tactical adjustments, and make some gestures from the technical area...wouldn't have thought it'd be too difficult to script it to changes in tactics. If the opposition managers did this too it would also give a visual indicator of a change in tactics from either side.

Although this is more of an idea for future incarnations.

To keep it on topic, it looks a lot better than previous versions and I like the idea of scarfs, flags and flares if appropiate....imagine those Euro Champion Cup games away to places like....err....only place that comes to mind immediately is Galatasary...but I'm sure other places have that sort of crowd activity .

As much as it pains me to say it...an European night at Anfield with the Kop full of flags and such....oh wait...forgot the Kop is a relic of a bygone era of Liverpool pride
    Last edited by blackdevil; 05-10-2011 at 22:18.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dfa120374 View Post
    Sometimes the smaller changes and improvements are the best.
    Didn't you hear? It's a massive improvement with massive new features on a massive scale :P

Part-Timer

all the cosmetics look great...

but the full-back still plays the aimless ball down the line... as the full-backs have done since year dot! Probably the most annoying thing in the ME for me, and it's still there

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by munich 1860 View Post
    Wouldn't you rather spend their time giving most major A.I. managers different personalities in managing, use of players, reactions to press and treatment?

It's much more important.

Amateur

The match engine has come a long way and for all the stats scouting training and media this is where any football game culminates. Its where your hard work comes to fruition, you have bought a new Goalkeeper will he perform, your star striker is under performing, your defence having a howler, the crowd upset or happy These are the things it should portray and year after year this is the area I get more impressed with. I hope the crowd sound has been worked on too to add atmosphere but if not I sure it will come sson.

One thing I would like to see is the dugouts not been so generic, every stadium has a different style some are actually set back into the stadium but I sure these will come over the next couple of release. All in All from FM2009 its a MASSIVE step forward :-)

Amateur

Bit of a weird one for me, this.

I think the 3D match engine was what first got me more interested in playing FM (I'm a n00b, only started playing the series with FM11). I thought "ooh, this looks cool". However, as I became more interested in the game itself and really playing it I soon switched to 2D view to really assess my team. I like that I can really see the formations in 2D and it also seems to give me the clearest indication of differences in pace between players. Obviously things like sliding tackles and what exactly happened when an injury occurs are rather obscure but the commentary helps.

I still think I'm going to be tempted to stick with 2D for serious watching. It's a shame, really but I also confess I don't see how 3D could be made to do what I'd really want so this isn't at all any kind of complaint about the developments. The 3D matches do look great. But viewing a game for optimal management decisions, I think 2D is going to be the choice.

Third Team

Still no decent penalty camera angle. Behind goal might be okay, but it looks too far away. I don't see why they can't introduce one.

Part-Timer

I agree with you Bodnotbod. 2D is best.

I suggested a similiar view for the 3D, but other views had priority.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Tyson View Post
    That's not a great graphics card, and it's onboard, check with some computer shops in your area if they can sideport some memory on there - might help. But it would heavily depend on the type of processor, you're unlikely to get good 3D graphics though.

The min Specs for FM12 say

Graphics: 128MB
    Supported Chipsets – Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater
    Thanks, but what do you mean sideport memory? I can have about another 3GB on my laptop, which is a quad core processor- but how does ths effect the graphical quality? I can play on medium, and it's good, i can have all the graphic features, but it's not as lovely as what is shown on the blog.

Youth Team

Lol. agreed!

On topic - A lot the animations I saw were the same as last years FM, or seemed to be, like players falling over and holding there legs. Nothing new about that.
    Last edited by dking; 07-10-2011 at 11:20.

Amateur

3d is greyed out in preferences, so i cannot even tweak the quality to play in 3d.
    FM11 worked fine but it seems I need a new laptop to play in 3d. Are there workarounds to get the 3d tickable again? Please!.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by ommerson View Post
    3d is greyed out in preferences, so i cannot even tweak the quality to play in 3d.
    FM11 worked fine but it seems I need a new laptop to play in 3d. Are there workarounds to get the 3d tickable again? Please!.
    Whats your system specs, i get fm11 played but fm12 is abit more advanced

Amateur

I posted this in the bugs section, more people have the same problem apparently. Hope this gets fixed before full version is released.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Dejyothin View Post
    I'm curious about these. Did you add some trees aswell, couse the scenery was dead as far as FM11 was concerned. It's all fluff to some, but when you make the efford to make it look real, do it well.

I feel the guys who mention the britishness of the stadiums have a point also. Italy with it's uncovered curva's is a good example. But how about a 'less than four stands' stadium, like is often the case in lower league. Most grounds in lower league only have a small main stand and the rest is just some advertisement where supporters stand behind. Some agricultural land with trees in the background (lower league football grounds are often surrounded by a row of trees, well in Holland they are). I played the demo with Port Vale and played away to Builth Wells FC in a friendly. The stadium was more like that of a league 1 club than the amateur pitch with single tiny covered stand it really is.

Another thing that I thought was a bit annoying (and I believe it was the same in FM11) is the brightness of the ropes that hold the goals net in place. Especially when a match is played at night/evening these ropes stand out very much and when the camera turns they seem to flicker (parts turn black and then white again). This is a minor issue off course, but it is kind of distracting. In real life these ropes are hardly visible. I suggest to ajust the colour of these ropes from bright white to a more dull tone of grey so they won't stand out this much.

And in line with that, I've noticed some stadiums with bright white seats. Apart from the fact that stadiums with white seats are not so common IRL (they probably get dirty quickly), and the particular stadiums aren't white IRL at all (Port Vale (dark yellow) and Telstar (blue and red) this white almost hurts the eye and also seems to flicker at camera-turns. Some other colours do too (like bright red), but the white is the worst. Seats shouldn't be luminescant IMO.

Note: I have only seen the 3d matches in low-graphics.
    Last edited by ommerson; 11-10-2011 at 14:07.

Lurker

I like the 3D view... at beggining, then, the fisics and the AI became irritating, my tactics its not reflected in the game, the players should press the other team, but they get away of the ball, all the time and it's make the game frustrating, why the players don't press the other team, why the forwarders don't give a pass to the free player at side, and even when my tactic says that they have to try to get to the goal they always shoot from far away. You have to work a lot in this...
    Sorry for the bad english :P

Part-Timer

Looks good for the 3D, im more of an old school 2D man though so not really too fussed

Banned

suggestion: if anyone out there is stupid enough to think "improvements have been made"....try actually watching a real game of football and then watch a game on FM and see if these supposed improvements look like they've happened. because on every FM game I've played, the football played is always the same pathetic viewing...when a game isn't going the way you plan, its not because the opposition is playing really great football. it's the opposite! suddenly, your players forget how to play football and lose all sense of awareness and danger of opposition players and positioning and just start running around like headless chickens! even while watching this video, you see a perfect example of how backwards the football is this game is made to look...a low cross goes in and an own goal is scored...the defender scoring the own goal facing the wrong way and the ball bounces off his back and rolls over the line...because, of course, he wouldn't be watching where the ball is coming from :|
    maybe its just me but I like football in a game to look like it could actually be a reality in terms of the performance

+ Reply to Thread