Still having scouting issues

i posted a couple of days ago but can't find the thread, guess it's been moved. somewhere.

anyway, had an issue with GK coach coming up after bringing in brazilian scouts sometimes, and not other times, reckon it was a bug but the jury's still out.

anyway, been checking on my latest save: as i bring in scouts (covering most of central europe, eastern europe and south america) the amount of searchable players does NOT increase. why??

i posted a couple of days ago but can't find the thread, guess it's been moved. somewhere.

anyway, had an issue with GK coach coming up after bringing in brazilian scouts sometimes, and not other times, reckon it was a bug but the jury's still out.

anyway, been checking on my latest save: as i bring in scouts (covering most of central europe, eastern europe and south america) the amount of searchable players does NOT increase. why??

It takes time bringing up the scouting knowledge. The scouts will bring with them immediate knowledge of the country they're from, but they will need years to learn new countries, so bringing in a bunch of Brazilian scouts (which is very common since they are the best, and cheap!) will give you a good overview of Brazil but not much else.

well i did an experiment. because i've had a fair few saves in 11 i don't really NEED scouts i know where all my targets are, i brought in scouts for france, germany, italy, spain, portugal, brazil, argentina, columbia, russia, ukraine, holland. basically all i really need. yet although the brazillian scouts increased the searchable players, the others came in and there was no change. this is VERY strange and disturbing.

also, for some reason i'm not getting notification when someone posts. minor irritation, it's the scouting that's bugging me for the mo

ok, this is getting serious now and i hope i's sorted in 2012.

i've just started 2 different saves because i'm experimenting tactically in readiness for 2012.

hired the same scouts both games. one game, available players to search 90000, the other save it's 45000. hardly went up. something sinister is afoot and i dont like it.........

Stupid question but you have started with the same team in both saves & the board allow you to scout the same countries/regions?

Hiring scouts for different countries will not increase your scouting range.

well the idea is that if you hire, say, a brazilian scout, more brazilian players will turn up in a player search. that's a given. but it hasn't been working that way. i'm only using brazil as an example, it could be any country. if you hire foreign scouts, players are meant to come up from that country.

and often it works, but then sometimes it doesnt. i've had at least 20 saves WITH EXACTLY THE SAME PLAYABLE AND VIEWABLE LEAGUES, EXACTLY THE SAME CUSTOM LARGE DATABASE and in about half of these saves the scouting system has brought up players from different nations, half the time not. just bizarre. and annoying.

Archived