what laptop will u use on football manager 2012

what laptop will u use on football manager 2012

i used this laptop for football manager 2011 and it was good

specs.

intel celeron dual core 2.10ghz/2.9ghz

3gb memory

3gb memory

do you think it will be ok to use it again for football manager 2012?

You'll get by with that, azzvilla. When I'm not at the "main" computer at home I use a Macbook Pro. Core 2 Duo 2.26GHz, 8GB RAM, GeForce 9400M GPU, running OS X 10.6.8. FM11 runs fine and I'm sure FM12 will too. :)

i'm really sad. splashed out £750 on a laptop with i5 processor and 8gb RAM JUST so i could play FM comfortably. overkill methinks.

I wouldn't play it with anything less than an i5. 8GB RAM isn't really necessary, but it's cheap enough nowadays so why not? :)

My new laptop being delivered shortly in the next few days :)

6144MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM

2 GB nVidia GeForce GT 525M

2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor 2.00 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz

Should do nicely :D

My new laptop being delivered shortly in the next few days :)

6144MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM

2 GB nVidia GeForce GT 525M

2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor 2.00 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz

Should do nicely :D

how much did you pay, as im looking at the same specs for my new lappy, cheers eugene:thup:

Just bought a Lenovo w510 for $934 AUD off of Grays Online...

i7-820qm

8 GB RAM

500 GB 7200rpm HDD

Full HD (1920*1080) 15.6" Screen

nVidia Quadro FX 880 M with 1GB

More than enough grunt - but a really great price (considering work paid around 5K AUD for the same thing just over a year ago)

But that'll be because the new w520's have been released with the 2nd gen i-core CPU's - but I didnt want to pay over 2500 AUD for what I wanted...

Shame the Aussie dollars fallen recently or it would almost have made sense to import from the US...

€850 from Dell

My search parameters went like this

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/laptops?~ck=mn

17 inch screen

More than 4gb

And then whatever was there (obviously checking specs etc). Don't know why this one was so cheap. All the other laptops I looked at for the exact same specs were about 1.5 to 2 x the price?

I'm sure if you shop around various online retailers you'll get a bargain. I was looking for about 2 months. Finally spotted one and took it :)

heres my laptop spec - hope it will be okay :-?

AMD Athlon TK-57 Dual Core 1.9Ghz x 2 CPU

320GB Harddrive for plenty of storage

2GB DDR2 RAM to run Windows with ease

NVidia Geforce 8600M GS Graphics Chip with 512MB dedicated memory

17.1" HD Ready 1440x900 Glossy Widescreen LCD / TFT Display

Dual Layer DVD Writer for copying DVD's & CD's, watching movies and installing games/software

HD Audio with built-in speakers & Dolby 5.1 Optical Out

Built-In Web-Cam at top of LCD for video chats / calls

Built-In WiFi for wireless broadband & surfing

HDMI out to connect to LCD, Plasma or Projector

DVI out - to connect to external monitor or large HD LCD / Plasma / Projector display

Gigabit Ethernet for network and Wired Broadband

USB ports for printers, digital cameras etc..

Christ I'm using a dino compared to most on here! Athlon dual core, 2gb ram and some sort of graphics card - scores a 5.2 in the windows score but it's a fair few years old. Would love a new set up for fm but I'm a tight git / spend money else where on stupid stuff round the house instead.

i found dell to be really good: can tailor a machine to your (FM) needs. i went thru my specs earlier in this thread but i dont buy housey-type stuff, my major investment in the past 24 months has been my laptop. even had it repaired last week: broken screen. note to self: don't fall on laptop, drunk:(

i found dell to be really good: can tailor a machine to your (FM) needs. i went thru my specs earlier in this thread but i dont buy housey-type stuff, my major investment in the past 24 months has been my laptop. even had it repaired last week: broken screen. note to self: don't fall on laptop, drunk:(

Dell can be good - when they work properly

Just bought a Lenovo B570 laptop its a great piece of kit and runs FM11 with ease picked it up from Laptops UK for £450 i5 processor 4GB ram 500GB hardrive 15" 6 screen, good spec for a nice price im well pleased anyone looking for a mid priced laptop to run FM12 on you wont be dissapointed.

Just bought a Lenovo B570 laptop its a great piece of kit and runs FM11 with ease picked it up from Laptops UK for £450 i5 processor 4GB ram 500GB hardrive 15" 6 screen, good spec for a nice price im well pleased anyone looking for a mid priced laptop to run FM12 on you wont be dissapointed.

that seems a pretty good price for those specs, nice one!

Bought this from Comet a few weeks back specifically for FM12. (£399)

ASUS K53E

Intel® Core i5-2410

6GB Ram (Upgraded. Only had 3gb when i bought it)

Only downside is integrated graphics but should manage 3D on medium I think.

ASUS K53E

Intel® Core i5-2410

Same here, but without the extra ram (yet). Where did you get the extra ram from? I was going to get 8gb from crucial.com as it's only about £45.

Since, FM is a 32bits software, those extra 4GB of ram do any difference?

Since I upgraded from 3gb to 6gb FM 11 is slightly faster but nothing exceptional. I was just treating myself to be honest. Been suffering with slow FM games for years and didnt think 3GB was quite enough. Hoping to select quite a few leagues this year.

RAM won't improve the speed of a game. It will however make multitasking BETTER. The RAM you have the more programs you can run in the background, e.g.. internet browser, steam, instant messaging apps (gtalk, skype, windows live etc.), anti-virus, music player (itunes, or other), etc.

People with 2GB of RAM will notice a difference when trying to do other tasks on the computer. People with 4gb of RAM will be satisfied. But with 64 bit systems you have the chance to go beyond the 4gb of RAM into 6 and 8gb or 16gb or 32gb RAM and this frees up the memory to run all those other tasks that you may be running while playing football manager.

RAM won't really affect the speed of the game, it's the processor that does that. It's a game database, analysing data constantly which needs to be processed by the computer, so the processor is KEY along with good amount of RAM (4gb or higher will be plenty)

That's to say someone with Windows 32 bit and 2gb RAM will find it difficult to play FM and run other programs, like Steam and an Internet browser (plus whatever anti-virus software or other programs that startup automatically)

Someone with Windows 64bit and 2gb will notice a major drag on their system as Windows 64 bit uses more RAM than 32 bit, so along with the above it will be difficult for the computer to split the memory up between steam, fm, anti-virus, and windows.

Rule of thumb really is get as much RAM as you can for 32 bit, which is 4gb.

With 64 bit system try to get more than 4gb RAM - it's not necessary but it will improve the splitting of tasks between the RAM you have.

I don't have a laptop but a PC.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T (2,8/3 ghz w/turbo)

GFX: XFX Radeon HD 6970 2GB GDDR5

RAM: Corsair Dominator 8 GB

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5

HDD: Samsung SpinPoint 4x1TB

Since, FM is a 32bits software, those extra 4GB of ram do any difference?

I never close fm, I just alt-tab out and leave it minimised and running in the background, so the more ram I have the quicker everything else will be whilst I'm not on fm.

I'm looking for a small computer around 11-12".

Usage: FM2012 and browsing.

What can u recommend besides Samsung 350U2?

What processor to aim for? Any idea to go below the i3?

I want to be able to use the 3D-view, and not settle for the 2D.

Thanks in advance.

ASUS K53E

Intel® Core i5-2410

i like people who buy hardware specifically for FM. it's what i do. shows decent priorities in life......

I'm looking for a small computer around 11-12".

Usage: FM2012 and browsing.

What can u recommend besides Samsung 350U2?

What processor to aim for? Any idea to go below the i3?

I want to be able to use the 3D-view, and not settle for the 2D.

Thanks in advance.

be interested to see replies to this one. i actually looked at netbooks last week but found 1gb ram quite limiting. i used to have a 12" laptop, powerful at the time (2005) and played fm well, until my wife dropped it and broke the screen, we're divorced now.

then when i got drunk and fell on my current grunt-machine with 8gb ram and i5 processor i first thought of "upgrading" instead of getting it fixed and looked into more portable options but didnt find a lot.

you watch in 3d? i find only 2d classic shows me what's really going on, that's just always been my personal preference.

I got a ASUS G51J

Cpu: Intel core i7-740QM, 1,73GHz

GFX: nVidia geforce GTS 360M 1GB

RAM: 4GB

OM: Windows 7 home premium

Also got a desktop

CPU: Phenom II X6 1090TBE/AM3 3.2GHz 9MB 125W

GFX: MSI GTX 470 PCI-E 1280MB GDDR-5 320-BIT

RAM: 8GB 1600MHZ DDR3

I will be playing it on my MacBook pro i5 2.5 GHz CPU I think or 2.3, 4GB ram. I want to run all the leagues and lower leagues in England, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, portugal, holland and a few more. Do you think it will run so many leagues at a good speed with those specs?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived