+ Reply to Thread

Thread: *OFFICIAL* Blog Feedback - Team Talks

Default *OFFICIAL* Blog Feedback - Team Talks

This is a thread for feedback on today's blog, which is now LIVE here - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...-Talks-(Video)

Part-Timer

top notch.. FM12 looks better and better! cant wait..

Reserves

This is looking very good indeed. I hope that if you vary the talk you don't just get 'doesn't seem to be listening' time and time again.

If done properly, there will be a MASSIVE amount to remember regarding exactly what/how you said what to whom and when! I bet most people end up leaving everything to the assman, which will be a shame.

Youth Team

All looks complex. Wondering why you wouldn't put the button for "Ask Steve to take team talk" directly under the other button that's on the other side of the screen.

Anyway. Looks like something to have to get to grips with. Complex doesn't mean it won't be fun or engaging

Amateur

Who's Steve? A team-talk guru that has a hardwire into your team, regardless of who your staff are? I LIKE!

Third Team
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

Can we also ask our captain to try and inspire the boys at half time?

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by The drummer from Fairuza View Post
    Who's Steve? A team-talk guru that has a hardwire into your team, regardless of who your staff are? I LIKE!
    Erm I nickname all my staff Steve, makes it easier as I don't have to remember all the names ...

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by stevie_G_32201 View Post
    Can we also ask our captain to try and inspire the boys at half time?
    This is something I've wanted. I've heard that if your captain is playing bad and you say "Prove a Point" the other players get inspired by his efforts.

So i try to say the "Prove a Point" to any player that has a high influence. If they try harder then the rest of the team seems to.

But that option isn't always available.

Banned

I think this year the team talks are more challenging, because you can say the same thing in a different mode, and it has obviously a different result. I can't wait for it

Amateur

Looks like a lot of good work put into this overhaul. Probably the biggest practical difference for me will be seeing the reaction of the players immediately. I know it is already possible to go back and look at the reactions of players to the Team Talks, but in the current implementation I can never be bothered. In fact, I can't even remember offhand where that option is found now.

Amateur

Very pleased that the "quick shouts" have made it into the team talks. This is one of the best changes for me...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kanukki View Post
    Probably the biggest practical difference for me will be seeing the reaction of the players immediately. I know it is already possible to go back and look at the reactions of players to the Team Talks, but in the current implementation I can never be bothered.
    Me too. I was always forgetting to check what had worked and what hadn't, but seeing it straight away will help to fix it in the mind.
    The introduction of tones of voice and being able to praise the attack while giving the defence a b*ll*cking (or vice versa, obviously) seems like a big improvement. Now I just hope there will be a few different questions in press conferences..

Reserves

What about the finances?

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by davidbowie View Post
    Still nothing about finances or board interaction, two of the biggest actual issues the game still has.
    New blogs everyday. If there's one about it you'll know by about 12 o'clock each day. If there isn't one released there probably isn't any big changes, or you'll have to experience that in the game yourself.

Part-Timer

Looks really interesting and adds much more depth to the pre-match game.

Looks very good. I like the fact I can see what reaction my players have had to the teamtalk, may make me think sooner about substitutions.

Amateur

As with all the video blogs - will have a listen tonight!

Subtitles anyone? ;)

Amateur

Really like the ability to set an overall team talk with individual talks.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by LallanaWonderland View Post
    As with all the video blogs - will have a listen tonight!

Subtitles anyone? ;)
    That's a good point. Deaf people will have trouble with those, and those without headphones/speakers

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Tyson View Post
    New blogs everyday. If there's one about it you'll know by about 12 o'clock each day. If there isn't one released there probably isn't any big changes, or you'll have to experience that in the game yourself.
    Also, I would imagine a new podcast this Friday (hopefully to coincide with demo release), so plenty of chances for new info before release.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Tyson View Post
    Erm I nickname all my staff Steve, makes it easier as I don't have to remember all the names ...
    You should change that to Jeeves. Jeeves is always useful to ask questions to.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Huney Munster View Post
    You should change that to Jeeves. Jeeves is always useful to ask questions to.

Amateur

One quick question..What is the point of match strategy and touchline instuctions at the team talk screen?Isn't supposed that you had decided those at the tactic/formation screen?Didn't get it to be honest..

Amateur

Wonderfull!! I love it!

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alekos View Post
    One quick question..What is the point of match strategy and touchline instuctions at the team talk screen?Isn't supposed that you had decided those at the tactic/formation screen?Didn't get it to be honest..
    I'd guess that's so you can change them at the last minute just for that match if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Alekos View Post
    Especially at half-time, managers tend to incorporate tactical instructions into their team talks. So it was requested by users that they'd be able to include tactical elements into the team talks, so you wouldn't have to necessarily switch screens at half-time to do these.

It also enables you to do some last minute changes before the match without messing about with the tactics screen.

Wow. Just wow. I'm really impressed. So much has been put into this area, including being able to issue shouts before the match starts - I've been wanting that for a while.

Part-Timer

Epic. Win!

(I hate you all! I wanna play! )

Amateur

Can I ask why we still can't talk collectively to our team outside of a match, like all managers do in real life?

I want to talk to all my players in a meeting, to encourage them, to shout at them, as a unit, as a whole. Why isn't that in it?
    Last edited by TSH; 04-10-2011 at 15:05.

Quote Originally Posted by TSH View Post
    Can I ask why we still can't talk collectively to our team outside of a match, like all managers too in real life?

I want to talk to all my players in a meeting, to encourage them, to shout at them, as a unit, as a whole. Why isn't that in it?
    Have a look at yesterday's blog http://community.sigames.com/showthr...-Tones-(Video)

Banned

Counting the days

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Bertie BG View Post
    Sorry, isn't that only about one or two players at a time?

Part-Timer

This looks like the kind of match-day micro-management I like.

I'm liking the look of FM12.

Quote Originally Posted by TSH View Post
    Sorry, isn't that only about one or two players at a time?
    Nope, Team Meetings speak to your whole squad.

Semi Pro

Can the teamtalk be changed once selected?
    Does the reaction appear as soon as the selection is made or after it has been confirmed?

Cheers
    xxx

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by pigfacemonkeyman View Post
    Can the teamtalk be changed once selected?
    Does the reaction appear as soon as the selection is made or after it has been confirmed?

Cheers
    xxx
    Reaction appears straight away as I see it, then you can change it for each individual, but you'd have to confirm first or you could just try each option for best effect.

Once you've given the overall team talk, the possible reactions appear and you won't be able to change it anymore. Same with the individual ones, once you have given an individual talk, the possible reaction appears and you cannot change that individual talk anymore.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kriss View Post
    Reaction appears straight away as I see it, then you can change it for each individual, but you'd have to confirm first or you could just try each option for best effect.
    Erm, forgive me, but I don't understand this! If the reaction appears straight away, how can you change a teamtalk if you have to confirm it to stop you choosing the best reaction?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Riz Remes View Post
    Once you've given the overall team talk, the possible reactions appear and you won't be able to change it anymore. Same with the individual ones, once you have given an individual talk, the possible reaction appears and you cannot change that individual talk anymore.
    Thanks, so the moral is, make sure you choose the right teamtalk first time, as you can not rectify mistakes. Is that right?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by kevgaleuk View Post
    Very pleased that the "quick shouts" have made it into the team talks. This is one of the best changes for me...
    Totally agree!

Also like the fact you can now talk too a player as you bring them on as a substitute.

Thanks, so the moral is, make sure you choose the right teamtalk first time, as you can not rectify mistakes. Is that right?
    You give the overall talk, you can then change each individuals talk, but only once, so you could possibly make it worse? I can see "looks confused" appearing quite often

Amateur

Any new tones in press conferences this year ?

Amateur

You give the overall talk, you can then change each individuals talk, but only once, so you could possibly make it worse? I can see "looks confused" appearing quite often
    Yeah, it should take some time to learn what suits what player with the new system. I just hope it will be clearer as to which option does what.

Semi Pro

Can you ask your assman to give the teamtalk then override it with one of your own?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie MUFC View Post
    Wow. Just wow. I'm really impressed. So much has been put into this area, including being able to issue shouts before the match starts - I've been wanting that for a while.
    +1 Have to say Kudos to SI here, a lot of the things here were things that were on the "Falling out of love with the game" thread. Maybe its coincidence, but lots of my concerns seem to have been rectified with some of the features mentioned so far.

Reserves

yeah some of the new stuff looks fantastic, should help a lot of people with the game, i just need to drag myself away from FM11 when the demo comes out!!

Can you ask your assman to give the teamtalk then override it with one of your own?
    Err.. no. If you ask your assistant to give the overall team talk, then that team talk has been delivered. You can still do individual team talks after that if you want, or you can leave that to the assistant as well if you like.

Reserves

Err.. no. If you ask your assistant to give the overall team talk, then that team talk has been delivered. You can still do individual team talks after that if you want, or you can leave that to the assistant as well if you like.
    so its a bit different to now when you can ask your assistant to give you his opinion and then change it if you want too?

Semi Pro

Thanks Riz.

xxx

Technically it is possible to blast the whole team with the overall team talk and get them all upset, then go around each player individually (or use the positional talks) saying what a good game they've had... which will end up causing some confusion for sure just as it would do in real life

Part-Timer

Hope the demo come out real soon.
    I think we all need alot of training in team talk.

Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    so its a bit different to now when you can ask your assistant to give you his opinion and then change it if you want too?
    Yes, the functionality is a bit different as in the old versions the assistant basically setup the selections for the team talk widgets as a "suggestion" and you could then change them if you wanted to, before having to confirm the selections.

As you notice from the video, we now display the assistant suggestion on what to say at the top of the screen automatically so you don't need to click any buttons to know what the assistant would do.

Semi Pro

Do you get to see what a given member of staff will say if chosen to give the individual teamtalks?

Do you get to see what a given member of staff will say if chosen to give the individual teamtalks?
    The suggestion displayed automatically at the top is for the overall team talk only. But naturally if you ask the assistant/coach to also give the individual talks, you will see what they told the players as the individual widgets will update accordingly.

Amateur

Big thumbs up to being able to do an overall team talk as well as individual team talks!! space for extra motivational speaking!! =D

Amateur

Awesome, really looking forward to this game, hopefully things like too many goals from corners, indirect free kicks in the league you play in etc is fixed for it, would make the game perfect

Semi Pro

I don't see a confirm button anywhere. From what I can see in this video, once you've picked a comment from the list it brings up the reaction immediately. Which would make the whole module completely unusable for me if that's really how it works. What if I accidentally click on a wrong comment? Happens regularly enough when trying to navigate through nested menus.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Äktsjon Männ View Post
    I don't see a confirm button anywhere. From what I can see in this video, once you've picked a comment from the list it brings up the reaction immediately. Which would make the whole module completely unusable for me if that's really how it works. What if I accidentally click on a wrong comment? Happens regularly enough when trying to navigate through nested menus.
    You need to be careful just like with press-conferences.
    www.fmbosnia.com - The game starts here

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio MVP View Post
    You need to be careful just like with press-conferences.
    Like I said, unusable for me then. Not that I really care too much, it all looks even more of a chore than it did previously so one can only hope the assistant will not be a complete disaster handling these. Hopefully there'll now be a way to skip the screen completely when the AM is set to take care of it.

Semi Pro

The suggestion displayed automatically at the top is for the overall team talk only. But naturally if you ask the assistant/coach to also give the individual talks, you will see what they told the players as the individual widgets will update accordingly.
    So that's a no then. Thanks.

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

Why is Sonko playing DCL and Inigmarsson DCR? Sort it out ;)

Amateur

it seemed that the talk was given as soon as an option was selected - is this the case or is there a submit button?

Semi Pro

One word: over-complicated.

The one thing I liked was the immediate morale feedback after you talk to each player.

Quote Originally Posted by themoffster View Post
    it seemed that the talk was given as soon as an option was selected - is this the case or is there a submit button?
    Correct. If there was an additional button to separately "submit" a team talk, it would have made the UI a lot more cumbersome with all the added clicks.

Amateur

Correct. If there was an additional button to separately "submit" a team talk, it would have made the UI a lot more cumbersome with all the added clicks.
    That would also enable users to go through every option until they find the best one before actually submitting it.

Part-Timer

I don't know. I like the immediate feedback. If that means that whatever I choose is irreversible then I think I can live with that. I suppose a confirm step could be added but I sorta like the immediacy of it all as-is. You just say what you want to say and players react. Right away. Confirming seems superfluous for anything other than guarding against misclicks.

Comparing this to the old system I guess what you lose is assistant suggestions for individual talks. I've never followed these personally so it's not really a loss for me. More worried about that odd misclick.

Amateur

Do we get an immediate feedback after pre-match team talks, too?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by shirajzl View Post
    Do we get an immediate feedback after pre-match team talks, too?
    It's not a bad addition if it does, not anything revolutionary - but easier to see for future reference, I guess...

Amateur

Why are people complaining about it going straight through? It's really not hard to click the right option at all, you just have to make sure you click the right one, having confirm buttons etc just makes it annoying IMO. Plus it's not like managers in real life can set up a team talk and see the reaction before actually saying anything

Part-Timer

Can I ask why there needed to be an Aussie version and a UK version? Are they not the same language?

Amateur

Hmm, looks great....but with the added tones could easily become complicated. But at the same time the teamtalks read a whole lot better.

Would really prefer a confirm teamtalk button before players reaction comes up, just incase i accidently misclick a teamtalk option that could destroy a team and match.

Quote Originally Posted by nick1408 View Post
    Can I ask why there needed to be an Aussie version and a UK version? Are they not the same language?
    Different rating slates at the beginning and end of the video.

Part-Timer

Looks really cool this. I might actually relieve my AssMan from his team talk duties and actually do it myself now.

As you'll have seen, if you're doing team talks yourself the assman will tell you what he thinks you should say, you can then take or his ignore his advice.
    So effectively you always get the option to let the assman give the talk, best of both worlds, no?

Part-Timer

As you'll have seen, if you're doing team talks yourself the assman will tell you what he thinks you should say, you can then take or his ignore his advice.
    So effectively you always get the option to let the assman give the talk, best of both worlds, no?
    And to have a good laugh at his expense.

Quote Originally Posted by robertcornell68 View Post
    And to have a good laugh at his expense.
    Or he at yours

Semi Pro

Not quite, you can't preview his individual teamtalks.

Not quite, you can't preview his individual teamtalks.
    True but he may not always give any and with some time and effort you could probably eventually predict them based on previous.

Thing is if you follow his advice you then have the chance to change each individual one, I think that's plenty good enough.

Semi Pro

True but he may not always give any and with some time and effort you could probably eventually predict them based on previous.

Thing is if you follow his advice you then have the chance to change each individual one, I think that's plenty good enough.
    I find it useful to look at what the assman would say to gauge whether to trust his opinion in the future, but changing it myself until I had gathered enough info on his skills in this area.

I find it useful to look at what the assman would say to gauge whether to trust his opinion in the future, but changing it myself until I had gathered enough info on his skills in this area.
    Too easy;) I think it right that you should learn from what does happen and anyway you do get that for the overall talk, just not down to individual level.

Semi Pro

Too easy;) I think it right that you should learn from what does happen and anyway you do get that for the overall talk, just not down to individual level.
    That is learning from what does happen. I know what I am going to choose in a given situation, so check to see if the assman chooses the same. That has happened, so I learn whether/when/where to trust my assman. ;)

Do you think it's wrong then, that you can check your assman's selection and change it in FM up to FM12? (talking individual teamtalks here)

That is learning from what does happen. I know what I am going to choose in a given situation, so check to see if the assman chooses the same. That has happened, so I learn whether/when/where to trust my assman. ;)

Do you think it's wrong then, that you can check your assman's selection and change it in FM up to FM12? (talking individual teamtalks here)
    I don't think anything is really right or wrong on this particular subject, what we have now effectively allows you to confer with your assman (except on individual talks) maybe that option is justifiable too, in which case I don't see any great difficulty in including it.
    Probably too late for this version though.

Semi Pro

I don't think anything is really right or wrong on this particular subject, what we have now effectively allows you to confer with your assman (except on individual talks) maybe that option is justifiable too, in which case I don't see any great difficulty in including it.
    Probably too late for this version though.
    It's just a personal preference, I would rather have the abilty to preview assman's selection than seeing the reaction upon selection. Actually I can envisage a certain amount of anxiety amongst us managers when we see the negative reactions of some players with half the match still to play.

Amateur

It's just a personal preference, I would rather have the abilty to preview assman's selection than seeing the reaction upon selection. Actually I can envisage a certain amount of anxiety amongst us managers when we see the negative reactions of some players with half the match still to play.
    I bet people will reload if pre-match team talks induce a negative reaction by players until they get a positive one.

Amateur

In the video I see that you get some of the same team talk options in the different tones. Will a "Come on lads, show me what you can do!" said in the Assertive tone, be the exact same as it would be if it was said in a Passionate tone?

-JP

No, different tones will have different effects on different players. The differences may be small so it might not result in a visibly different reaction every time, but the tones are checked against the personalities of the players alongside the actual team talk message.

Amateur

Actually looks like something which should of been added years ago to the FM series.. Looks good, lets just hope it works effectively!

+ Reply to Thread