Any indication for the release of the new patch?

I haven't been on the forums for some time so I lost touch a little bit. I tried to check for a new patch but couldn't see one. I'm assuming they're waiting for the transfer window to close.

Is there any info on when the patch is expected to be released?

Thx

I haven't been on the forums for some time so I lost touch a little bit. I tried to check for a new patch but couldn't see one. I'm assuming they're waiting for the transfer window to close.

Is there any info on when the patch is expected to be released?

Thx

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Smoggster:

about a week before fm09 out i bet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

No, there is no indication. No one from SI said anything, and it doesn't look like there will be.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bcm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Smoggster:

about a week before fm09 out i bet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

No, there is no indication. No one from SI said anything, and it doesn't look like there will be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats not true. There was a post by SI a few days ago that it will be march

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OlaGunna:

Thats not true. There was a post by SI a few days ago that it will be march </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

March? Are them really so stupid and incompetent?

The patch should have been out in early december at least. But now we can give them until 2 february at most, not a day more are acceptable.

Are they not doing a transfer update? From listening to the podcast, it sounded as though Miles was currently updating it. I wouldn't expect it to be released by midnight tonight, but if he's updating it as the transfers are going through, then surely it'll be a bit earlier than March!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by asshole182:

mark jacobson said in a bug post that they wont fix the spanish bug untill the new patch in feb/march time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure "Miles" Jacobson would have said that. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">March? Are them really so stupid and incompetent?

The patch should have been out in early december at least. But now we can give them until 2 february at most, not a day more are acceptable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as far as im aware, ANY 2nd patch is released in feb/march, so it can incorporate the january transfer window. so, to answer your question: no, they are NOT stupid OR incompetent, they are working through issues with the game, and are updating it, so they can provide their customers with an up-to-date game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AIK:

The patch should have been out in early december at least. But now we can give them until 2 february at most, not a day more are acceptable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There has already been one patch and this is the follow-up. Has been this way for as long as I can remember and can't see why you feel the need to call names like a petulant spoilt child.

The patch, as always, will be ready when it's ready and not before. No amount of needless abuse will speed up the process.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AIK:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OlaGunna:

Thats not true. There was a post by SI a few days ago that it will be march </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess we can only assume that you would do a much better job icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rinso:

someone from the testing team isnt official enough?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As Miles Jacobson (if it was indeed he that suggested this as a rough date) is the Managing Director of SI, I think that should be more than sufficient official-ness for anyone to be honest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJdeMarco:

There has already been one patch and this is the follow-up. Has been this way for as long as I can remember and can't see why you feel the need to call names like a petulant spoilt child.

The patch, as always, will be ready when it's ready and not before. No amount of needless abuse will speed up the process. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Usually it is in the beginning of february.

And the first patch was so crappy that a patch is really needed to be able to play. I've paid for this game but havn't been able to enjoy a moment of it yet.

And the first patch was so crappy that a patch is really needed to be able to play. I've paid for this game but havn't been able to enjoy a moment of it yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do something else while you wait. You will be a lot less angry then as you won't be wasting your time. By the way, I'm not having a go here, I am just trying to be helpful. icon_smile.gif

I also paid for my game and am waiting for the second patch but I don't feel it is a life or death situation so I wait patiently. The reason for this is simple - no amount of stress will make it happen any quicker so why get upset.

I have played this version far less than any previous incarnation of the game due to a lot of issues with it myself. The released (8.0.0) version of the game had its' flaws but, in my opinion, FM08 was the best the series has ever been on release day.

I agree that the 8.0.1 patch requires a lot of work to make the game a great game and I understand that to balance and finetune the game is a lot more time consuming than a couple of days. I would much rather they took a little while longer and made the game fulfil its' potential rather than end up with a stinker from the Ryman leagues. icon_wink.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif

Get a job.

Why do we have to wait for the update?! Why not give us a patch then do thier update? I don't mind waiting, but if the patch comes out in March and FM09 comes out in Oct, that gives us only 7 months of gameplay and then off we go and buy the new game.

personally i've no idea why they have to limit themselves to just two patches. with the release version of the game being critically flawed (largely due to the problem with closing down) "beta patches" were used - if si are desperate to keep the official number of patches down to two (again i don't see why) surely they could have turned to beta patches again?

if there isn't a patch until match the fully patched game will come into being with just a couple of months left in the season, which really isn't good enough

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bcm:

Why do we have to wait for the update?! Why not give us a patch then do thier update? I don't mind waiting, but if the patch comes out in March and FM09 comes out in Oct, that gives us only 7 months of gameplay and then off we go and buy the new game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suspect that the update will be finished before the patch - hence why we must wait.

And yes it is annoying only having 7-8months of gameplay before the next one - it might be worth changing my buyig pattern so that i play this FM until Feb09 and THEN buy FM09, because i've yet to have any long term game that i've enjoyed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Usually it is in the beginning of february.

And the first patch was so crappy that a patch is really needed to be able to play. I've paid for this game but havn't been able to enjoy a moment of it yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. Tbh i havent touched it, apart from a couple of games that i barely began. Its just lying there in its box whilst i continue with FM07.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJdeMarco:

The patch, as always, will be ready when it's ready and not before. No amount of needless abuse will speed up the process. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then won't enjoy it when the patch is out... If you don't enjoy it, sell it and buy CM, then would have something to moan about... Jebus Christ

Guest matthew690

these threads annoy the hell out of me because they always bring out the chumps that are happy to defend the people that sold them a game so full of bugs that its going to take at least 4 months to fix and possibley even longer. maybe SI would actualy release a patch in a more acceptable time frame if they thought that the people that buy their games were not such push overs when it comes to accepting crap.

Archived