OFFICIAL* Blog Feedback - Conversation Tones

Fantastic work!

If the tones really work well, without major bugs, then this will make the whole talk system (team talk, player talk, press conference) so much better.

And the team meeting just look so amazing!

really great work guys! :)

Did I miss something? I don't recall a mention of tone being used in press conferences, I would be grateful if you could direct me to the relevant blog.

Cheers

xxx

The Team Meeting feature looks awesome- I remember spotting it in a previous video ;).

My only concern is that whilst I hope it has an effect on the games we play, I would rather it didnt become the defining factor in games. For example if you have a bad team talk or team meeting it doesnt automatically mean you lose the next 3 games regardless of opposition.

When I first heard about the Tone feature, it seemed interesting, then I thought it would be another press conferences type of feature and started to dread it a bit. But now I've seen this, I've realised it'll give us a lot more control on how to deal with conversations, something that was missing in FM11. :thup:

Also love the Team Meeting feature. :thup:

Potentially it looks like a lot of fun. I'm a bit concerned that from the video it looks like 'calm' is the default mode. If staying calm is like choosing option 2 in talking to the media mode - i.e. the safe bet 90% of the time, then it'll be too easily cracked and become boring. I hope that different player/group mentalities respond more diversely and make you have to think about each talk carefully.

Don't like it, more time spent micro managing morale. Its like a mini game within FM which makes you click click click click more and more.

It's something I will be avoiding.

I doubt you have to use this feature if your not a hands-on approach boss. You dont need to talk to any of your players in 2011. I usualy prefer to talk to my players as it helps in making them like you. This makes it easier to keep players happy and among other things, avoid giving them a new contract because I turned down bid for them from a bigger club.

Did I miss something? I don't recall a mention of tone being used in press conferences, I would be grateful if you could direct me to the relevant blog.

Cheers

xxx

I might be wrong, but i think i've seen a pic, or a little piece of another video, where we could see the tones in the press conference.

When I first heard about the Tone feature, it seemed interesting, then I thought it would be another press conferences type of feature and started to dread it a bit. But now I've seen this, I've realised it'll give us a lot more control on how to deal with conversations, something that was missing in FM11. :thup:

Also love the Team Meeting feature. :thup:

+1, At first i was worried about it being somewhat like a chore, but actually it looks like its going to significantly add to immersion factor i felt was missing in FM11

Also Loving the Team Meetings :thup:

Currently managing barcelona. And I have 5 games left and 3 points ahead. I'd love to have a team meeting and get them fired up for the last 5 games!

This new team meeting thing looks great. And I can't wait to try it out :D

Currently managing barcelona. And I have 5 games left and 3 points ahead. I'd love to have a team meeting and get them fired up for the last 5 games!

This new team meeting thing looks great. And I can't wait to try it out :D

The more i read the blogs, the harder im finding it to play FM11, because i want to do things that just arent in the game

(Assertively) Aren't most conversations in the real world conducted calmly? Seems fair enough that this would be the default tone.

You've obviously never been in a dressing room at half time:lol: I'm surprised there isn't a "breathing fire" tone;)

The more i read the blogs, the harder im finding it to play FM11, because i want to do things that just arent in the game

I think it's something that FM needed for a long time. More interaction with the players and getting more involved with the team.

Going to be assertive at first and make sure the players know who's boss. Then once that's done and I've put my foot down, it will go a lot easier and I'm looking forward to using that "Passionate" tone to spur players into the last few games of the season :D

You've obviously never been in a dressing room at half time:lol: I'm surprised there isn't a "breathing fire" tone;)

I think this is the dilemma presented to the player. As someone engaged in a computer game we're seldom - at least I think - going to be sitting at our desk as passionate/angry as a real life manager gets at half time. So we are going to be making a choice here. Are we going to treat this as a role playing game and act *as* *if* we were there in the dressing room and figure out what we'd feel if this were real? Or, and I think this is more likely, are we going to play it as a strategy game and think "I feel the 'angry' option will get me the best return on performance" as we sit there experiencing no more passion than a pocket calculator?

I guess it's an interesting choice. I like to think I'll choose the role-playing option and use 'tone' to sort of be a greatly amplified expression of my feelings while playing the game. But I feel the unfeeling android approach is going to be much more successful.

Also only fair to point out that there will be managers up and down the country at half time speaking calmly when what they really want to do is drink a bottle of whisky and start brandishing a firearm in the changing room...

So, it's a thought provoking addition to the game, for me.

While I'm here, can a staff member tell us - or maybe someone familiar with new FM releases in the past - whether we're going to be getting new blog posts all the way until 21st October? I would have thought SI will be running out of news soon.

I have liked all the other features, I thought they were good and would add something to the game which i'd enjoy. But this is amazing, this is going to completely change how I play. Was struggling in Coference south with Eastleigh and it felt like there wasn't anything I could do to change the form. It looks like the new team meeting feature you'd be able to get everyone motivated again. That looked brilliant and really like the tones for the player conversation. I haven't read other posts yet so sorry if already asked. Is there tones in press conferences?

(Reluctantly) I'm not sure about this feature. (Cautiously) It seems like there will be options that you'd have to be mad to choose. (Assertively) Won't it be very tempting to be calm pretty much all the time?
I imagine that being calm all the time won't work. If you said to spoke to tevez calmly about not playing the other day I think he'd walk all over you.

Also with bad refereeing decisions in the game the obvious thing to do is say the referee was right but I know I don't always do that.

Definitely caught my interest about this feature a lot more. Gave up with player interactions early on in 11 as it seemed stupidly easy to have a permanant falling out with a player, even the example to show when they don't go so well was that bad, so maybe worth a new go. Team meetings also seems something that would be very interesting to try out. I know I'd try and be 'calm and reasonable' a lot of the time so might try and find the situations where it would be good to break out of that.

Also only fair to point out that there will be managers up and down the country at half time speaking calmly when what they really want to do is drink a bottle of whisky and start brandishing a firearm in the changing room...

I think this goes on in real life... good managers will act at times to do what they believe will engender a desired result from their players, even if it doesn't represent their own emotional feelings.

+1, At first i was worried about it being somewhat like a chore, but actually it looks like its going to significantly add to immersion factor i felt was missing in FM11

Also Loving the Team Meetings :thup:

I agree. The immersion factor as you call it was definitely something that was missing in FM I think. Or maybe its just me thats getting too old ;) I also think that the team meetings will be a brilliant addition to the game. Really looking forward to FM12 now.

It looks like a case of working out a new, slightly more complicated formula - with added clicks unfortunately - that minimalises the effect of this minigame on the squad's morale. Or, one that exploits the 'feature' to gain morale boosts, if you are that way inclined.

Once done, I fear it will become monotonous.

It looks like a case of working out a new, slightly more complicated formula - with added clicks unfortunately - that minimalises the effect of this minigame on the squad's morale. Or, one that exploits the 'feature' to gain morale boosts, if you are that way inclined.

Once done, I fear it will become monotonous.

Aye, I'm pretty sure once you get the hang of what works for your team and what not, you'll be able to exploit that feature to the death. Especially in the light of how important morale seems to be in FM nowadays.

I like the look of the team meetings. It's frustrated me for a while now that I don't have the ability to speak to the whole team about their form.

I'm very happy that the interaction side of things is continously improving.

Archived