iPad version of Eastside hockey manager?

Sorry for going OT but I don't know were else to put this question.

Have SI considered putting Riz on developing a iPad version of EHM? Maybe you could build a fan-base for a future PC version or just keep the game as iPad only. An iPad version might be profitable and won't take away so much resources from SI other games if Riz could do it mostly himself?

Finally, is piracy a problem on the iPad since that was what caused EHM to be shut downed in the first place?

On piracy, one studio (bulletproof outlaws) released a game: 1000downloads and 300,000 users in Asia, so piracy is an issue. But piracy isn't worth fighting, 2D Boy put no DRM on World of Goo and it had similar piracy rates to games by companies like EA Games and Ubisoft.

• SI Staff
This idea is a killer.

Would 110% sure buy it, and I know quite a few who would too...

I'd love EHM to resurface in some shape or form .... however at the moment Riz is busy on FM, so time will tell ..

• SI Staff

Never say never. I've always been interested in the idea of resurrecting EHM, possibly on a mobile platform if it becomes a viable option. But like MV said, I'm currently quite busy on FM so only time will tell...

• 8 months later...
  • SI Staff
This is a discussion on the Blue Line about playing EHM on Android which I know is not what the OP asked but it does show what can be done.

http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=9218&hilit=tablet

Thats just 'streaming' it to the device - you can do the same with FM and while its functionally possible it plays really really badly because the UI isn't designed for touch input and there is a lag between interactions which makes some aspects really awkward to use.

(newer Android and iOS devices are similar specs so if EHM ever resurfaces on one it'd likely eventually migrate to the other)

Archived