Be carefull what you wish for....''we want glazers out''

Its happened they sold up:D

and a tycoon took over:thup:(my dreams had come true......unlimited transfer budget and wages)

before takeover was complete put crazy offers in for ronaldo/cavani etc etc that were accepted (just to test the water) getting exited at the prospect of a super team to laud it over everyone

then the transfer embargo was imposed whilst the deal was done ....then the takeover was done...debt gone .....big bucks in transfer fund

and then THEY @@@@@@@ SACKED ME:applause:

Martin oneal now in charge......probably going to buy Heskey for £100m :rolleyes:

Which version is this, and how were you doing? I know in older versions this could happen, and was pretty game / heart breaking for a lot of people, so it's not supposed to any more. Now days while you might not be in as comfortable a position as you was, you won't be sacked simply because the new owners want someone new. You get a chance to prove yourself.

If you are playing FM10, it's a great incentive to get FM11 or 12! :-p

Although a Man Utd fan, I've not played as them for several versions of FM. I just get bored too quickly managing any of the bigger clubs these days.

That said though, were I managing Man Utd and that happened, I would be absolutely gutted!

I've only ever experienced one takeover since it was added to the game. That was FM10 with Granada CF. Got them promoted from Segunda B4 to Liga Adelante, then (just like the real team), won a second consecutive promotion to take me to Liga BBVA.

During the summer before the start of my first season in the top flight, the club was taken over, huge amounts of money were made available and I was instantly able to sign some of the best players in the game. Needless to say, soon dominated everything, then quickly got bored.

I guess I like adversity too much. :D

Archived