champion's league

How many seasons you've been before winning your first champion's league ?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How many seasons you've been before winning your first champion's league ?

Depends on my team really.

In my Arsenal save I won it quite early. Not sure if it was the first or the third season really, but I know I have a fair few to my name.

In my Luton game it was 2018 before I lifted it. However it took a lot longer to actually get to take part in that game!

Currently in 2024/25 with PSV just lost made my first CL final the previous season, lost to Man City 3-1.

I've met them 10 times on this save losing all 10, 4 coming in Europa League & Champions League Semi Finals. I hate them.

tell me about it! i have made it to 5 semi finals, met city 4 times, beaten each time, the only time i have won it was when city got knocked out at an earlier round!

I have never won it! Got to a couple of finals and still nothing I even changed clubs to the winning team once, and I still didn't win it lol!

I will go all Gung ho next time I am in it though (Currently Q.P.R in Europa!)

Right, but it's depend more on your impact as a manager.

I'm happy with those result as fm 2011 is not easy even if you take MU or Bar.

I don't care how much impact you have as a manager, ain' nobody going to win the Champions League with Kidderminster in one year. Or two or three, or four.

I won my first one in 2015/16 with Leeds United, beating Arsenal 3-1 (Spence, Henderson and Vela with the goals) in the final, then we became (at least in FM11) the first team to retain the Champions league when we beat Manchester City 1-0 (Pastore with the goal) in the 2016/17 final. Currently in the 2017/18 season in the quarter final due to face Barcelona (who were actually the last side to knock us out of the Champions League back in 2014/15 season).

Oddly enough the competition i found very difficult to win (even more difficult than the Champions League) was the Carling Cup, finally broke my duck in 2017/18, beating Liverpool 1-0 but thats another story.....

Ive won it dozens of times with Arsenal in various editions of the game. Never won it when any other team I don't think. But if im not playing as Arsenal my games never last more than 2 or 3 seasons. Ive always wanted to win it 3 times in a row, but can never do it.

I'm still trying with Spurs in my second season there after a few years building my reputation at Hibs. I've won the Euro Cup twice (once with each team), and the Super Cup with Spurs, but the last time I won the Champions League was probably in my first FM11 save with Man City after I was a beaten finalist twice with Dresden.

I'm still trying with Spurs in my second season there after a few years building my reputation at Hibs. I've won the Euro Cup twice (once with each team), and the Super Cup with Spurs, but the last time I won the Champions League was probably in my first FM11 save with Man City after I was a beaten finalist twice with Dresden.

I did it in the end. In a nailbiting final I beat Barcelona 3-2, and I missed a penalty. Made up for my FA Cup final defeat I suppose.

I'm going into the 2017/18 season with Arsenal and still haven't won it. Lyon have become a massive bogey team for us, we've got them every year for the last 3 years in the quarter final and they've knocked us out each time. It's got to the point where I won't be satisfied if I win my first Champions League unless I knock Lyon out along the way.

I won it as Wolves the first season I qualified for it in my 6th season as manager. Had a pretty lucky group draw because I was in the third pot, some crappy Hungarian team, At. Madrid and Lyon, it could have been a lot worse. Managed to win the group somehow but was then furious when I drew Barcelona in the first knockout stage. Managed an unexpected win against them, beat Arsenal in the quarters, before turning around a 2-1 first leg home defeat to Napoli in the semi's.

Beat Real Madrid in the final after being 2-0 down, scored 3 in the last 10 minutes. I was literally jumping up and down, so dramatic.

What was most pleasing about it was the fact I had 5 or 6 home grown status players in the squad!

Archived