View Poll Results: How many seasons you've been before winning your first champion's league ?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • never won

29 27.62%
  • 1 season

15 14.29%
  • 2 seasons

16 15.24%
  • 3 seasons

10 9.52%
  • 4 and more

35 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: champion's league

Amateur

Default champion's league

How many season you spent before winning your first champion's league ?

Banned

sill not won it Arsenal on my game are just 2 good

Youth Team

Thirty-one.

Semi Pro

Depends on my team really.

In my Arsenal save I won it quite early. Not sure if it was the first or the third season really, but I know I have a fair few to my name.

In my Luton game it was 2018 before I lifted it. However it took a lot longer to actually get to take part in that game!

Third Team

Are we talking how many seasons from starting the game, or how many seasons of actually competing in the ECC?

I think my first one in the current save was about 2016, but I've won it 7 times in total.

Banned

I have not even won the Europa either only been in it once, i have to say some of the players i got on a free this season has been mental.

Amateur

After how many seaons spent ( one of your save ) did you say : YES I DID IT ! ( ECC )
    Whatever was your team !
    Last edited by mightymanager; 28-09-2011 at 11:44.

First Team Squad Member

took me 20 with aberdeen.

Part-Timer
    Ramos - Manager of the Psychotic Teddy Bears

Nine with Bolton. Beating Barca and Real Madrid on the way

Amateur

Currently in 2024/25 with PSV just lost made my first CL final the previous season, lost to Man City 3-1.

I've met them 10 times on this save losing all 10, 4 coming in Europa League & Champions League Semi Finals. I hate them.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by sean_lufc View Post
    Currently in 2024/25 with PSV just lost made my first CL final the previous season, lost to Man City 3-1.

I've met them 10 times on this save losing all 10, 4 coming in Europa League & Champions League Semi Finals. I hate them.

tell me about it! i have made it to 5 semi finals, met city 4 times, beaten each time, the only time i have won it was when city got knocked out at an earlier round!

Amateur

Fiorentina seem to be my bogey team, I so often lose when they face me in the final or sometimes even sooner. Man City tend to be fairly easy to beat for me.

Amateur

I have never won it! Got to a couple of finals and still nothing I even changed clubs to the winning team once, and I still didn't win it lol!

I will go all Gung ho next time I am in it though (Currently Q.P.R in Europa!)

Amateur

on last fm:

fm2008 - nevero won
    fm2009 - never won
    fm2010 - once with Inter (couple of finals with Arsenal in 2023/24 and 2024/25)
    fm2011 - never won (i'm trying in this last season still with Inter)

Amateur

Well it depends on the team really.

If you're bringing up a lower league club it can take some time.

Amateur

Recently won my first ECC in my latest save with Ajax in season 2. It is also my first ECC since I started playing this game, which was CM3...

Reserves

Even counting merely from getting into the ECC with a club I don't expect a win anytime soon.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Aoede View Post
    Well it depends on the team really.

If you're bringing up a lower league club it can take some time.
    Right, but it's depend more on your impact as a manager.
    I'm happy with those result as fm 2011 is not easy even if you take MU or Bar.

Semi Pro
    American + Reading fan = Always buying the away shirt ...

Quote Originally Posted by mightymanager View Post
    Right, but it's depend more on your impact as a manager.
    I'm happy with those result as fm 2011 is not easy even if you take MU or Bar.
    I don't care how much impact you have as a manager, ain' nobody going to win the Champions League with Kidderminster in one year. Or two or three, or four.

Amateur

3 with Liverpool. (Not starting season but actually in competition with ECC) Was painful season but it was so worth it, with beating City, Madrid and Chelsea on the way to win it.

Amateur

it took till 2015 with Ajax

nice result at the end aswell

Part-Timer

I believe it took me 18/19 seasons with Leeds.. and thats the only time I've won CL in FM2011 (usually play with small teams in small countries)

Amateur
    Lost... And also naked.. Do you know where i live?

I won my first one in 2015/16 with Leeds United, beating Arsenal 3-1 (Spence, Henderson and Vela with the goals) in the final, then we became (at least in FM11) the first team to retain the Champions league when we beat Manchester City 1-0 (Pastore with the goal) in the 2016/17 final. Currently in the 2017/18 season in the quarter final due to face Barcelona (who were actually the last side to knock us out of the Champions League back in 2014/15 season).

Oddly enough the competition i found very difficult to win (even more difficult than the Champions League) was the Carling Cup, finally broke my duck in 2017/18, beating Liverpool 1-0 but thats another story.....
    Last edited by Matt_no_7; 30-09-2011 at 22:49.

Amateur

Never...

i never play with big team, and i don't play enough season to construc a big team coz i feel like the game become unreal after a numbers of seasons. so i restart a new game again and again.

Amateur

I've never won it in any version of either Championship Manager or Football Manager

I've been a beaten finalist three times.

Amateur

Ive won it dozens of times with Arsenal in various editions of the game. Never won it when any other team I don't think. But if im not playing as Arsenal my games never last more than 2 or 3 seasons. Ive always wanted to win it 3 times in a row, but can never do it.

Semi Pro

In FM10, I won it first season with Man United, got sacked later, won the Europa League with Celtic in my first full season there. Oddly enough I have never won a league title on FM!

First Team Squad Member

now played 3 finals, still only one once

World Cup Winner

It took me 17 years to win it. I won it with Valencia after spells with Havant & W, Oxford Utd and Sabadell.

I'm still trying with Spurs in my second season there after a few years building my reputation at Hibs. I've won the Euro Cup twice (once with each team), and the Super Cup with Spurs, but the last time I won the Champions League was probably in my first FM11 save with Man City after I was a beaten finalist twice with Dresden.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Hacker View Post
    I'm still trying with Spurs in my second season there after a few years building my reputation at Hibs. I've won the Euro Cup twice (once with each team), and the Super Cup with Spurs, but the last time I won the Champions League was probably in my first FM11 save with Man City after I was a beaten finalist twice with Dresden.
    I did it in the end. In a nailbiting final I beat Barcelona 3-2, and I missed a penalty. Made up for my FA Cup final defeat I suppose.

Reserves

I won the Champions League after my 6th season with Reading in 2026-27 but haven't gotten real close to a 2nd one ever since (just finished season 8 with them in my career game now just finished the 2028-29 season).

Amateur

I won it with Lens in my second season in the CL (4th overall) in my most recent save of FM 10.

Amateur

I'm going into the 2017/18 season with Arsenal and still haven't won it. Lyon have become a massive bogey team for us, we've got them every year for the last 3 years in the quarter final and they've knocked us out each time. It's got to the point where I won't be satisfied if I win my first Champions League unless I knock Lyon out along the way.

Subs Bench
    I'm not sure what four nines does, but the ace, I think, is pretty high.

I won it as Wolves the first season I qualified for it in my 6th season as manager. Had a pretty lucky group draw because I was in the third pot, some crappy Hungarian team, At. Madrid and Lyon, it could have been a lot worse. Managed to win the group somehow but was then furious when I drew Barcelona in the first knockout stage. Managed an unexpected win against them, beat Arsenal in the quarters, before turning around a 2-1 first leg home defeat to Napoli in the semi's.

Beat Real Madrid in the final after being 2-0 down, scored 3 in the last 10 minutes. I was literally jumping up and down, so dramatic.

What was most pleasing about it was the fact I had 5 or 6 home grown status players in the squad!

Part-Timer
    Washington DC but my heart lies in Leicester

Never done it. So I guess the number of seasons = thousands by now (although, to be fair I've never managed a top flight team and in all likelihood, never will).

Managing at the upper echelons has never appealed to me.

Amateur

18 Seasons on FM 09, with Villarreal in 2025/26

Went on to win a further 4 on the bounce with a very rich Juventus.

Third Team
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

think it was about 3.

Amateur

16 years with Yeovil

Amateur

In my latest save with A.C. Milan it took me 10 years to win my first then went on to win it 3 years in a row after that, then lost in my 4th consecutive final to Lyon.

+ Reply to Thread