Are the board mad?

For three seasons I've done better in the league whilst keeping well under the wage budget and being in the black all seasons bar half of season 1&2.

Season 1 I had a wage budget of £11000

2: £8000

3: £5500

Now in four I only have a wage budget of £3500 with the same expectations. Because the budget keeps falling I've been ok for most seasons but in this season I've ended having to sell all my star players in order to keep in budget. The board tells me that I have a good enough wage budget, but in reality I'm struggling to build a decent squad with this and am currently stuck at about 12th in the Blue Sq. with £400000 in the bank.

Anyone else had similar issues and got advice on how to deal with such a tight board?

I'm assuming you've asked them for more money? Both in transfer and wage budget?

Sounds like you have a board that have no ambition though. I'd be away if I were you you, even if you have to drop a league to a more ambitious club. I've had the opposite problem at times, I got a BSS club into LG2, and in my second season in the league the board went well over the top with my budgets. I didn't have a second thought and spent it all, but was rapidly crippled with debt. One I'll learn from in future!!

Ok, 'tis a shame though as I wanted to take Newport County up to the Premiership, but with budgets as they are that'll be a struggle. Without leaving my only hope is a takeover then? Shame as I would probably lose my job if that was the case.

Not strictly true. The board can at any time make a load of money available for transfers if the spare cash is there. Have you been in the black for long, or is it a recent development? If it's recent they'll be playing safe...but maybe next year?

I am in the same boat, finances are great making money every month. Yet I am only given £0 Transfer Budget, and £20K Wage Budget. In League 2 with Hereford. Expected to finish 11th and lost in the Play Off Final, yet got the same budget the next season. Lost half of my players cause I couldn't get them on a contract.

Ah well more fun :D

What was the actual wage expenditure in the first few seasons? As I'm sure the board tend to scale down the wage budget if you are well under it, as they think you don't need it.

I wouldn't rush into selling your best players if you are slightly over it, just keep it slightly over until the next season and hopefully they will realise you need more and increase it.

Ok, 'tis a shame though as I wanted to take Newport County up to the Premiership, but with budgets as they are that'll be a struggle. Without leaving my only hope is a takeover then? Shame as I would probably lose my job if that was the case.

Use fmrte for stuff like this, i hate to say it, but do it. **** having stupid boards ruin good games. Fm is meant to be fun, right? It is ridiculous the amount of excuses people come up with for this.

Use fmrte for stuff like this, i hate to say it, but do it. **** having stupid boards ruin good games. Fm is meant to be fun, right? It is ridiculous the amount of excuses people come up with for this.

Depends on whether you like to cheat or not. Also, some people like the challenge of dealing with a difficult board, like a lot of real managers have to do.

I find this is a case where ur team have a lot of debt to pay. even the salary of manager is bad despite winning the league and the championship.

unless it's your favourite team just leave.

but I agree the board is a pain on FM11

Sounds like this poster is fed up with a strict wage budget when it clearly should be higher.

Why should it be? If the board decide to give that amount, you have 4 options; 1) ask for more. 2) adjust budgets (if possible). 3) get on with it. 4) resign.

The manager is just an employee of the club.

£400,000 in the bank? I'm assuming there was a bumper away tie in the FA Cup.

Have you asked the board for a new stadium or improved facilities? Maybe the board have decided to spend the money elsewhere for the long-term benefit of the club.

My board at Tuen Mun (a team in Hong Kong) kept on reducing the wage budget...and kept on saying, "we are disappointed with your handling of the budget".

And they kept on turning down my requests to sign better players too!

Archived