+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ability to become two-footed

Part-Timer

Default Ability to become two-footed

Is it possible for a player to learn how to use his weaker foot? Say can a player with Right-Only ever become a Cristiano Ronaldo type player?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by PGB_SPURS_FM09 View Post
    Is it possible for a player to learn how to use his weaker foot? Say can a player with Right-Only ever become a Cristiano Ronaldo type player?
    Very hard, but playing them on the opposite side of their foot i.e. playing right-footed player on the left side might help their weaker foot become stronger.
    www.fmbosnia.com - The game starts here

Semi Pro
    In game: To the north of the Arctic Circle

I think it's one of those things that's glaringly missing from the individual training options. Technique training can make a difference in my opinion, but it should be an option on it's own.

Amateur

Funny i was just thinking about this too. Should at least be able to upgrade from weak to reasonable. It would cost a fair bit of PA so not somthing to use all the time.

Not sure how much this happens IRL but I think it would be a fairly common occurance, especialy with youngsters.

Amateur

for some reason, i've never sign a right-only player in the last 7-8 version of CM/FM

Quote Originally Posted by Johnjo View Post
    Funny i was just thinking about this too. Should at least be able to upgrade from weak to reasonable. It would cost a fair bit of PA so not somthing to use all the time.

Not sure how much this happens IRL but I think it would be a fairly common occurance, especialy with youngsters.
    Best example would be George Best. He only started using his left foot in training after Boby Charlton injured his right foot and had to use only his left. After seeing how good Bobby had become with his left foot, he decided to put a lot of extra effort into making himself 2 footed.

This would be a handy thing to have in the game. It should come with an age limit though.

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Menion View Post
    It should come with an age limit though.
    Why? Adults can train their weaker feet as well, but just like training in general, they develop slower than when they were younger.

Amateur

Nice football knowledge there Menion

Only real life examples I had were in basketball where players would work on thier weaker hand.

I think an age limit may not realy be necessary as it would be kind of pointless to train an older player to use his weaker foot, It would take too long and the ability cost would be too high. Still the option would be there if you want to take it

+ Reply to Thread