Arabian Leagues

I Watched Al Hilal El Saudi vs. Man Utd yesterday and I'm in awe of arabian football but why can't I manage arabian teams? I choose Asia but then only few countries pop up like Malasia, Hong Kong, China, South Korea etc. But my question is. I can manage Icelandic leagues, but their premier league is rated 3 worst in the world, so why can i manage 3 worst league in the world but not arabian leagues?

I Watched Al Hilal El Saudi vs. Man Utd yesterday and I'm in awe of arabian football but why can't I manage arabian teams? I choose Asia but then only few countries pop up like Malasia, Hong Kong, China, South Korea etc. But my question is. I can manage Icelandic leagues, but their premier league is rated 3 worst in the world, so why can i manage 3 worst league in the world but not arabian leagues?

The Saudi league hasn't been added yet. There's every chance it will be, some day in the future. Maybe the researchers aren't yet available. Maybe SI priorities leagues for which there is greater demand.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

No chance. SI never add whole new countries in a patch. My guess is that you will have to wait at least five years before the Saudi league gets added. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't the Ukraine and another country added in one of the CM4 patches?

That said though, it extremley unlikely that it will be added. You'll just have to hope that is added in the future.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

No chance. SI never add whole new countries in a patch. My guess is that you will have to wait at least five years before the Saudi league gets added. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't the Ukraine and another country added in one of the CM4 patches?

That said though, it extremley unlikely that it will be added. You'll just have to hope that is added in the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was between computers during the CM4 phase, so I wouldn't know. Those were tough days. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bragenca:

Ok, But I some FM08 players has been making new nations in Data Editor, Do you think they could make a league for Arabia? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At the risk of being pedantic, STOP SAYING ARABIA! Sorry, I really shouldn't shout.

But Arabia includes several countries, namely Qatar, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman and I think Kuwait is also considered part of it. I'm fairly sure it's the Saudi league you're after.

I need to calm myself.

CM01/02 3.9.68 patch included the South Korean league.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bragenca:

I Watched Al Hilal El Saudi vs. Man Utd yesterday and I'm in awe of arabian football but why can't I manage arabian teams? I choose Asia but then only few countries pop up like Malasia, Hong Kong, China, South Korea etc. But my question is. I can manage Icelandic leagues, but their premier league is rated 3 worst in the world, so why can i manage 3 worst league in the world but not arabian leagues? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have a look on the Editors Hideaway, ask poletily, and someone might work it out for you.

Cheers.

I'd still advise the original poster not to hold out too much hope that Saudi Arabia will be included in patch 8.0.2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't keep my hopes high either, bearing in mind SI would have to get licenses and all.

I was just pointing out your faulty argument anyway. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aenariel:

I'd still advise the original poster not to hold out too much hope that Saudi Arabia will be included in patch 8.0.2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't keep my hopes high either, bearing in mind SI would have to get licenses and all.

I was just pointing out your faulty argument anyway. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll happily hold my hands up when I'm wrong. As far as I was aware, there had never been a new country added in a patch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C®ouch:

Also I doubt there is more interest in Singapour then in Saudi Arabia, I would like to see them included... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the contrary, there are lots of FM players in Singapore.

OP, your best bet is to inquire in the editors forum. There are people there who are good at this sort of thing - changing a 'useless' league like Iceland to an Arabian [sic] one which you can download and play.

There are also instruction how to use the editor to create one yourself, although it is time-consuming and tricky.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C®ouch:

Also I doubt there is more interest in Singapour then in Saudi Arabia, I would like to see them included... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes because I am sure you would have done research into the demand which would arise from adding the Saudi League compared to the Singapore league like SI did? I think not..

Also even if demand is high enough there are many other problems like licences and research.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

Wasn't the Ukraine and another country added in one of the CM4 patches? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And South Korea in a patch on 01/02 I believe icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

On the contrary, there are lots of FM players in Singapore.

OP, your best bet is to inquire in the editors forum. There are people there who are good at this sort of thing - changing a 'useless' league like Iceland to an Arabian [sic] one which you can download and play.

There are also instruction how to use the editor to create one yourself, although it is time-consuming and tricky. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Inspired by this post, I completed a Poland-Iran swap yesterday (for FM2007) in just about 1 hour.

It's not that hard once you learn the basics of country-swapping, really.

Bragenca, There was an unoffical DB for FM06 and FM05, which included the saudi league, try searching the internet you might find one.

On another note, I am Saudi and I don't think it's a great league, but sure is better than many in the game.

Actually, there are lots of FM players in Singapore...there are actually REAL copies for sale here :O

However, if you travel to our neighbours Malaysia, that's an entirely different thing altogether.

And with a certain software called Limewire, you can get anything anywhere in the world now.

I'd really like to be able to use the Arabian leagues and then play with them in the ACL. Also i think in the future more African leagues need to be added because like the Arabian leagues they seem to have a reasonable number of teams and decent players but for some reason no league in FM?

I'd really like to be able to use the Arabian leagues and then play with them in the ACL. Also i think in the future more African leagues need to be added because like the Arabian leagues they seem to have a reasonable number of teams and decent players but for some reason no league in FM?

Archived