how to deal with an unambitious player

I've never really understood ambition, but unless he also has very low determination, I can't see it being a bad thing ?

I'm not sure, but if you're a smaller club, and he starts to fulfil his potential, you're less likely to get "wants to move to a bigger club" from him, so it could be a positive ?

Just my opinion mate, sure someone will be able to give you the facts.

It could also mean he won't bother becoming a better football player, because he doesn't have the ambition to succeed, or win football games.

Professionality is arguably the most important hidden attribute for player development, but I think Ambition is important too. Tutor him with a senior player who is Determined, Professional, Ambitious, Resolute, Resilient, Driven... this will help him reach his potential.

The hidden attribute that is responsible for disloyal behaviour is Loyalty.

It could also mean he won't bother becoming a better football player, because he doesn't have the ambition to succeed, or win football games.

Professionality is arguably the most important hidden attribute for player development, but I think Ambition is important too. Tutor him with a senior player who is Determined, Professional, Ambitious, Resolute, Resilient, Driven... this will help him reach his potential.

The hidden attribute that is responsible for disloyal behaviour is Loyalty.

Ok, thx...that was my concern...that he does not work enough to reach his potential.

Out of interest, what are the 'rankings' for the personality traits? For example, is resolute considered better than ambitious etc. Any clarification on this would be great as I've always wondered about this.

There are some personalities that are considered positive, some that are neutral and some that are seen as bad. Check this out: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/213536-Tutoring-results-test ... there is a list of the personalities and what attributes give them, as well as a listing of Media Handling types, which is also based on hidden stats.

As for whether Resolute is better than Ambitious etc., it is for the most part a matter of what you need. At least as far as tutors go. If you have a youngster with 14 Determination, but still has Unambitious personality, then there is no need to let him be tutored by a Determined player, but rather one that would get his Ambition up (though the Determined player probably still has better Ambition than the Unambitious youngster).

For getting a player to gain the most CA points he can, he needs the attributes Professionalism, Determination and Ambition to be high. So those are usually the ones people concentrate on initially.

go to another player over the age of 24 who plays the same or similar position and ask them to tutor. there also needs to be a significant difference in talent between the two players also

No, talent has little to say in tutoring. But reputation and squad status are important. The tutor needs to have a betetr reputation than the youngster, and also a better squad status.

Thx guys for the hints.

I think the problem is that I play with non-real player (all players are generated). Thus, I have the situation that a 15 years old striker is my best men in the squad...so probably this is the reason that I do not find a suitable tutor^^

Thx guys for the hints.

I think the problem is that I play with non-real player (all players are generated). Thus, I have the situation that a 15 years old striker is my best men in the squad...so probably this is the reason that I do not find a suitable tutor^^

A 15-year old is unlikely to have very high reputation, and you can lower his squad status also. This should make him eligble for tutoring, if you can find an older guy with better reputation. His skills are not important (anymore). So you can have a 15-year old wonderkid with high stats, but 'Local' in reputation, being tutored by a 37-year old has-been with 'Regional' reputation.

Archived