why cant i explain myself grrr

would be great in fm if you could take time to explain your decisions .

currently have boreham wood in the premiership and have just sold a 32 yr old brazilian called thiago for £15 million pounds at the start of 28-29 season.

now yes he's been with the club a long time signed him in 18-19 for £34 million pounds and he has been a great servant to the club for 10 years.

BUT he's 4th choice striker and on £185k a week. surely to god i should be able to turn to the fans and say look you blind idiots the guys on 200k a week and not even warming the bench these days surely it makes sense to save £10 million in wages a year and get a silly fee for someone whos just going to sit in the stand? even the board are peeved at me for getting rid of the aging brazilian :(

would be nice if Si could give the board more input into transfers as per real life ie i go to the board and explain that thiago isnt in my plans and ask them to deal with the situation, I suppose it could work the same way with signings to make the game more realistic too, take a list of targets to my board and say thats what i want, go get them :) (or try too anyway)

I agree it'd be nice if we could explain things better, and it's annoying how the board and fans react badly to a player leaving who doesn't even get into the squad anymore...

Had a similar situation with my lower league side. Signed a player when he was young and he was one of my top performers through the Blue Square South and Premiership, and even into League 2. Now we're in the championship, however, he was probably my 6th choice for his position. His wages weren't too high, but I released him on a free after 2 seasons with a handful of sub appearances, to make room in my squad. He was my vice-captain in the past and on the club's 'favoured personnel' list, so they were disappointed I let him go.. I didn't hear the end of it for about a year... -_-

The board still think me selling Antonio Pasta [great name... something that looks straight out of old Konami games...] was an ABERRATION...

Mind you, he was 29 on an expiring 140k p/w wage and he wanted a new challenge... I sold him to United for 45M, making a profit of 38M basically repaying the wages we paid him during his long and successful stint.

And, of course, indirectly causing Man Utd to lose a fair amount of money in just two years...

So let's see... I granted the player's wish, thus avoiding him to eventually create problems in the dressing room, I generated 7-digits profit AND reduced the wage bill, I reinvested the money on a younger/cheaper clone...

Is it an aberration? Or is it smart business?

Really hope this will be fixed [damn Reputation-based everything] or at least we'll have the chance to tell the fans and the board they can just STFU if they can't tell smart business from Amway...

I let a club legend go recently, but he was playing so poorly that no-one really kicked up a fuss. They were pleased to see that I'd managed to get such a good fee.

A couple of others I just let their contracts run out as they were getting old, and got in a lot of grief for that. I think the difference was that I hadn't played them, because I knew they were useless. Had I put them out on the pitch, and the supporters had seen how poor their legends had become, perhaps they wouldn't have been so miffed.

I concur.

When you accept an offer for a player you're given the option to explain your reasoning behind it (i.e., 'the player is currently unsettled at the club' or 'the club needs the money'.

It would be nice to have a similar menu but instead of talking to the club you're selling the player to, you talk to the press instead explaining your side of the story.

I sometimes want to tell my players, my board and the fans that (contrary to popular believe) we are NOT the greatest team in the universe! Seeing we only got promoted to the Premiership a few seasons ago. They often get a bit too excited if you do well after promotion and end up in the top a few years running. And they think we are underperforming because we are not challenging for the title (even if the goal is mid-table). Don't they realize we are still mainly a Championship side that is actually doing very well? Heck most clubs take ages to get into the top of the Premiership. With only a few even getting there.

Archived