[iOS] Save game slots in FMH2012

• SI Staff

I'll consider increasing the number of them at some point - however we're feature locked for the initial release now so it'll have to wait for an update I'm afraid.

I'm not sure the 'best approach' in this regard tbh - I could double the number of slots fairly easily and have multiple pages of slots to look through as requested (I hate scrollbars in handheld touchscreen apps personally) .... I could allow people to name their saves, however I find that tends to slow the game flow down a bit myself and prevent saving just being a spontaneous and quick thing .... decisions decisions.

I'll consider increasing the number of them at some point - however we're feature locked for the initial release now so it'll have to wait for an update I'm afraid.

That's sad :(

I'm not sure the 'best approach' in this regard tbh - I could double the number of slots fairly easily and have multiple pages of slots to look through as requested (I hate scrollbars in handheld touchscreen apps personally) .... I could allow people to name their saves, however I find that tends to slow the game flow down a bit myself and prevent saving just being a spontaneous and quick thing .... decisions decisions.

I agree - no scrollbars! And I don't feel the need of naming saves myself, although it would be nice that the savefiles in iTunes had the same name as seen in the game screen. Like: 23/10/11 - Marc Vaughan (Chelsea).dat

• SI Staff
Care to elaborate?

The first few bytes of the file is a tag to validate the file is a real save game file, then there are around 56 bytes or so which contain the string displayed on the screen to describe the game when you go to the 'load' game page.

(incidentally - one of the risks of allowing people to name save game files themselves is that they might be able to construct a file name which is invalid in the operating system involved - with unpredictable results occuring)

Archived