Ultimatum.

Once.

On FM 10 I was managing Manchester United around 7 seasons in. I was winning everything and had "Untouchable" as my job status. I needed a small amount of money to buy a player so I went to the board. They said no, I gave an ultimatum and then they said yes. :)

I give ultimatums all the time usualy successfully in my save as Dover Ath. Its probably due to having a very secure job position and the high increase in reputation of the club since Ive been there. In the prem the last few seasons the board seem to except my demands for constant improvements of training and youth set up. I had a Turkish sugardaddy take over the club whilst in league 1 and he is now pumping in £50mil per season to prevent bankrupcy. I checked his stats and he has 20/20 for business and finances. He also only has 3 in patients which means if it was for my standing at the club I may have got sacked demanding ultimatiums.

Also when players ask to move to bigger club or want more money, I tell them who is boss and not a single player has not backed down from his demands. They also have "pleased with previous conversation" PR ater each talk.

FM07 or 08 I think. To be honest the board are so unwilling to shift on any matters whatsoever these days that an ultimatum is pointless.

I wish there was an option to say "sell my star player from under my nose for peanuts again and I'm gone". Rather than "please improve the youth facilities" :)

Never. Sacked 100% of the time no matter how much of a legend I am. Thankfully I save the game first every time but it's really disappointing when you take a club up 5 leagues to ultimate glory on a conference budget and they just tell you to **** off because you want the club to have better facilities. I'm only trying to take the club forward after all!

It would be nice if your popularity with the fans came into it as well.

Just used one to success :cool:

Having sold out season tickets for the past two seasons, my board were still refusing to build a new stadium (max capacity at the current stadium), so I issued them a warning that I would leave unless they built a new one.

They'll finish planning it in about 10 months.

I just tried.

I'm bromely, we are in the champions league, we have 25 million in the bank, I have been at the club 10 years, my job is ranked 84% untouchable, I wanted to upgrade the training facilites which are rated only adequate, and they sacked me, no questions asked. They give no reason why they wouldnt.

Its basically the quit job button.

I have succeeded in older ones possibly no recent than fm2008, but after that I havent.

I'm reloading.

I just tried.

I'm bromely, we are in the champions league, we have 25 million in the bank, I have been at the club 10 years, my job is ranked 84% untouchable, I wanted to upgrade the training facilites which are rated only adequate, and they sacked me, no questions asked. They give no reason why they wouldnt.

Its basically the quit job button.

I have succeeded in older ones possibly no recent than fm2008, but after that I havent.

I'm reloading.

i hope you also checked team reputation inc. under you before you gave the ultimatum. Atleast have the 1st bar full for 2 year before you even think of giving ultimatum.

Archived