+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ultimatum.

Amateur

Default Ultimatum.

Has anybody in any version of the game ever give the board an ultimatum and not got the sack? I haven't!

Amateur

Once.

On FM 10 I was managing Manchester United around 7 seasons in. I was winning everything and had "Untouchable" as my job status. I needed a small amount of money to buy a player so I went to the board. They said no, I gave an ultimatum and then they said yes.

Third Team
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

ive had it this version and last.

Amateur

Once on FM10

Took Worcester City to the prem and wanted them to expand our stadium. They said no so i put in an Ultimatum, i didnt get the sack but cant remember if they actually did expand the stadium.

Third Team

Once in my offline FM07 career, has cost me many jobs over the years/

Part-Timer

I've never used it, never felt the need to.

Part-Timer

No I'm a good manager:P.
    Nah im kidding i've never used just because never been in a situation where i needed something that badly

Amateur

Lets just say I've received a many P45.

International Squad

I did with Billericay Town on my long running CM01/02 save.

Banned

Never really used it :-)

Amateur

Bristol City on FM2007. I did it just to see what would happen. Wound up in Spain a week later..LOL

Third Team

I did once back in an older version of the game, not sure which though. I gave an ultimatum, they still refused to give in to my demands but they didn't sack me because of my good record.

Amateur

I give ultimatums all the time usualy successfully in my save as Dover Ath. Its probably due to having a very secure job position and the high increase in reputation of the club since Ive been there. In the prem the last few seasons the board seem to except my demands for constant improvements of training and youth set up. I had a Turkish sugardaddy take over the club whilst in league 1 and he is now pumping in £50mil per season to prevent bankrupcy. I checked his stats and he has 20/20 for business and finances. He also only has 3 in patients which means if it was for my standing at the club I may have got sacked demanding ultimatiums.

Also when players ask to move to bigger club or want more money, I tell them who is boss and not a single player has not backed down from his demands. They also have "pleased with previous conversation" PR ater each talk.

Semi Pro

Not since CM. I don't dare take the risks these days.

Semi Pro

FM07 or 08 I think. To be honest the board are so unwilling to shift on any matters whatsoever these days that an ultimatum is pointless.

I wish there was an option to say "sell my star player from under my nose for peanuts again and I'm gone". Rather than "please improve the youth facilities"

Part-Timer

can you give them in fm 2011 i can't seem to find how to do it

I've used it 3 times on this FM and twice been granted what I wanted. The other time I had to quickly apologise before I lost my job!

Amateur

Never. Sacked 100% of the time no matter how much of a legend I am. Thankfully I save the game first every time but it's really disappointing when you take a club up 5 leagues to ultimate glory on a conference budget and they just tell you to **** off because you want the club to have better facilities. I'm only trying to take the club forward after all!
    It would be nice if your popularity with the fans came into it as well.

Reserves

I've used it twice, worked first time, didn't the second and i have never had the need to since.

Amateur

I've only issued one ultimatum that I can remember, and even then it was mostly just an experiment to see if I could get away with it. I didn't.

Semi Pro

Just used one to success

Having sold out season tickets for the past two seasons, my board were still refusing to build a new stadium (max capacity at the current stadium), so I issued them a warning that I would leave unless they built a new one.

They'll finish planning it in about 10 months.

Amateur

Yes numerous time. although it do have risk.

But if you think you are correct in every way, board will just tell they are unable due to some reason (financially or city council).

Part-Timer

I just tried.

I'm bromely, we are in the champions league, we have 25 million in the bank, I have been at the club 10 years, my job is ranked 84% untouchable, I wanted to upgrade the training facilites which are rated only adequate, and they sacked me, no questions asked. They give no reason why they wouldnt.

Its basically the quit job button.

I have succeeded in older ones possibly no recent than fm2008, but after that I havent.

I'm reloading.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Born2killzone View Post
    I just tried.

I'm bromely, we are in the champions league, we have 25 million in the bank, I have been at the club 10 years, my job is ranked 84% untouchable, I wanted to upgrade the training facilites which are rated only adequate, and they sacked me, no questions asked. They give no reason why they wouldnt.

Its basically the quit job button.

I have succeeded in older ones possibly no recent than fm2008, but after that I havent.

I'm reloading.
    i hope you also checked team reputation inc. under you before you gave the ultimatum. Atleast have the 1st bar full for 2 year before you even think of giving ultimatum.

+ Reply to Thread