Injuries don't weaken players enough on return.

I would like to see players struggling a bit more to come back from injury. For example a serious knee injury only keeps players out for 4 months in FM2009 (I know I'm a bit behind) and they always come back to top form. Another one is that players who do a hammy don't ever seem to lose pace or acceleration??? Similar for calf injuries.

I know it's a bit harsh but anyone who forgot to rotate a squad during a U20 world cup will know how hard it is to win with tired players so...

Totally devestating if you pay your whole transfer budget for a young starlet who gets injured and comes back no good, but it happens a lot >>>Torres anyone?. In fact a big part of top players is their resilience, not necessarily their peak performance but the performance they can produce day after day.

This is tricky cos it needs to be a bit random and a bit dependant on the player but...

There is 2 player attriubtes that deals with this and they are: Natural Fitness and Injury Proness: If a player breaks his leg, his natural fitness will drop and his injury proness will rise. Also, whilst debatable is the effect of the physio, so people argue that attributes like Motivation, Discipline help to bring the player back more fitter than a physio with low attributes, they argue the stat physiotherapy just determines how accurately a player is out for. In FM11 if players have long term injuries there attributes will drop in the same way with off-season.

A good example is a player who has a major injury at age 21. Does this mean he will never reach full potential? The game seems to see players improve a lot until they are 23 and then start tapering off with players like strikers DCs and goallies increasing marginally in key areas for a peak at 28ish. So if you lose half of one of these critical seasons to injury why does there seem to be no long term effects.

Maybe a player who has a serious hamstring injury should lose a bit of pace and acceleration for between a month and 12 months.

The other one is players don't seem to get fat and this is definitely an issue for injured or older players who go to lower leagues. Charlie Miller plyed at least two seasons in the A League whilst totally out of shape. Romario came to Adelaide and was fat, there's probably heaps of RL examples.

I think it has been address in the versions after FM09 but I havent experience every injury for different ages. I'll show a youngster of mine Gary Gardner he has damaged cruciate ligaments at the start of the game:

garygardnerprofileattri.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is a graph of his Physical Attributes Since the start of the game:

garygardnertrainingover.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I agree aswell player should get fatter during off-season so you have to train them more during pre-season to get them back in shape. But when player start going past their prime unless on a decent training schedule their fitness stats drop drastically, then their technical attribute if not trained correctly

• 1 month later...

Archived