New Versions

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself with the first version of FMH having not even been released yet, but I was interested in knowing how often new versions of the game are planned to arrive. Obviously FM on the PC tends to be released in the October of each year, so does that mean that FMH plans to be released in the April of each year? Or in the future, if all goes to plan, is this going to be brought inline with the PC version (which I believe was the plan for this version before it was delayed)? In my opinion it seems like a strange time of the football season to release a game since it won't be long before the season is over and divisions/players change, so I'm hoping that an October-ish release does occur in the future, even if that means buying FMH twice in a year icon_smile.gif !

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself with the first version of FMH having not even been released yet, but I was interested in knowing how often new versions of the game are planned to arrive. Obviously FM on the PC tends to be released in the October of each year, so does that mean that FMH plans to be released in the April of each year? Or in the future, if all goes to plan, is this going to be brought inline with the PC version (which I believe was the plan for this version before it was delayed)? In my opinion it seems like a strange time of the football season to release a game since it won't be long before the season is over and divisions/players change, so I'm hoping that an October-ish release does occur in the future, even if that means buying FMH twice in a year icon_smile.gif !

This is an interesting point, I complete forgot to get around to asking it icon_smile.gif

I we do only get a release in October then that would mean we'd never have Jan transfer updates; unless SI somehow got downloadable updates to work?

• SI Staff

We'll definitely be looking to do sequel versions of the game and evolving and improving it in time in the same manner to what happens with the PC game.

Its way too early to be talking about the next version though as obviously this one isn't out yet icon_wink.gif

I just thought this would be a good place to post this as it is releated to future versions.

Im a big PSP player and from my experience with other games several creators found the limitations hard to live with - many people such as THQ (Smackdowns vs Raw 2006) have said that they released a PSP version of the game in order to test themselves (and the game) to the max.

From what i have read through these forums i can see the FMH is going to be no diffrent. I have read on various websites that people moan about this not being in it and that not being in or why isnt that in it etc. The only way that SI will be able to fullfill everyones wishes is to get it out there on the market play it test and then build on from there.

Now unless someone from SI maybe Marc says otherewise that is exaclty what SI seem to be trying to achieve with FMH.

So there is my big long (rant) post but thanks SI and Marc for answering everyones questions.

Cheeers

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">From what i have read through these forums i can see the FMH is going to be no diffrent. I have read on various websites that people moan about this not being in it and that not being in or why isnt that in it etc. The only way that SI will be able to fullfill everyones wishes is to get it out there on the market play it test and then build on from there.

Now unless someone from SI maybe Marc says otherewise that is exaclty what SI seem to be trying to achieve with FMH. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not quite certain what you mean to be honest - but FMH is pretty much spot on what we were after for the first release, we never wanted (or will want) the PSP game to be an exact replica of the full FM PC game UNLESS it can process things at a much much faster pace.

The PSP game is designed to be 'pick up and play' so that if you've only 10 minutes available its still worthwhile to power on and blast through a few games, dabble in the transfer market etc.

As such it does much more resemble our third series of games than the current PC ones - but this suits the handheld consoles much better imho.

Obviously though we will listen to peoples feedback post its release and bias future releases towards what people want as per usual.

Archived