Portuguese leagues

I was SO looking forward for this game... This FM on my PSP was to be my upcomming addiction.

But the exclusion of Portugal and its leagues is the reason for me not to buy it unfortunately. icon15.gif

I've always played with Benfica on the PC versions of the game. Several times I tried another team on the PC, but I spent the most time with Benfica. icon_cool.gif

What are the prospects on FM for the PSP? Will I be able to download a patch which includes my Superliga? How about some freedom in modifying the game (some sort of personal patch) and uploading it to my PSP? icon_confused.gif

SI, could you give me some info on these subjects please?

I was SO looking forward for this game... This FM on my PSP was to be my upcomming addiction.

But the exclusion of Portugal and its leagues is the reason for me not to buy it unfortunately. icon15.gif

I've always played with Benfica on the PC versions of the game. Several times I tried another team on the PC, but I spent the most time with Benfica. icon_cool.gif

What are the prospects on FM for the PSP? Will I be able to download a patch which includes my Superliga? How about some freedom in modifying the game (some sort of personal patch) and uploading it to my PSP? icon_confused.gif

SI, could you give me some info on these subjects please?

• SI Staff

There won't be a Portuguese version I'm afraid. The game allows you to choose languages, but the only languages it has are French, English, German, Spanish and Italian.

You can't download new leagues for it, and you can't modify the game (legally) in any way.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Monteva:

Would be a good idea in the future to have country specific PsP games I would assume. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm - could you explain what you mean by this please?

We generally try to do the opposite where possible (ie. include all languages and all leagues in every version) - this makes it easier for people who live in countries with poor distribution (for whatever reason) to import the game without worry if they can read the text or play their favourite league.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Monteva:

Would be a good idea in the future to have country specific PsP games I would assume. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm - could you explain what you mean by this please?

We generally try to do the opposite where possible (ie. include all languages and all leagues in every version) - this makes it easier for people who live in countries with poor distribution (for whatever reason) to import the game without worry if they can read the text or play their favourite league. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assumed the reason there isn't a number of leagues on the game was because of limitations in the storeage capacity. Hence specific games for certain countries.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I assumed the reason there isn't a number of leagues on the game was because of limitations in the storeage capacity. Hence specific games for certain countries. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it wasn't storage related - purely down to the amount of development time available in which to create the game I'm afraid.

Next version I'd expect to have at least slightly more leagues in it.

Originally we were only going to have six playable nations and we managed to extend that to seven.

If we decide to extend this further in future versions (very likely), then Portugal would be high on the list of priorities.

When I play the PC version I'm always guilty of starting in England (at Farnborough) with the intention of managing abroad later on, but I usually end up staying put until the next version comes out.

I find that playing the PSP game actually encourages me to try out management in other nations, which I think is good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rich Jones:

Originally we were only going to have six playable nations and we managed to extend that to seven. If we decide to extend this further in future versions (very likely), then Portugal would be high on the list of priorities. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm happy to read that it's very likely that more leagues, including the Portuguese one, will be included in the future. Makes me hopeful for FM2007.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When I play the PC version I'm always guilty of starting in England (at Farnborough) with the intention of managing abroad later on, but I usually end up staying put until the next version comes out. I find that playing the PSP game actually encourages me to try out management in other nations, which I think is good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, this accounts my FM2006-PC behaviour also. Usually I start out in Portugal, but after several seasons, I restart the game in Italy or Holland. But to be honest I find myself only playing there for 2-3 seasons, to later on restart the game again in Portugal.

You're English so that explains why you choose the British league teams. I'm Portuguese and I want to play in Portugal.

Why is Scotland included and not Portugal? That's my main question... As if Scotland (or its teams) have accomplished anything internationaly the last decade... And I leave it at this... icon_wink.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You're English so that explains why you choose the British league teams. I'm Portuguese and I want to play in Portugal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats fair enough and I can well understand that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why is Scotland included and not Portugal? That's my main question... As if Scotland (or its teams) have accomplished anything internationaly the last decade... And I leave it at this... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats partially a commercial decision I'm afraid - portugal was definitely next on the list of leagues in line I believe and we'll do our best to ensure that next years version contains it (and hopefully a few others icon_wink.gif ) ...

Vads I think you'll find that in champ/fm the English and Scottish leagues have been sort of a package deal for many years. This is a British game and therefore it follows that many of the players will be Scottish and would rather manage Hibernian than Belenenses.

I am Portuguese and i cant help but agree with Vlad,i am F.C.Porto fan and the only team that i enjoy playing FM is Porto,i have the pc version but i find this very shocking,how can you let out of the game a league that in the last 3 years has won 2 major european trophys and was in the final of another?

I am talking about F.C.Porto(won uefa cup 3 years ago and champions league 2 years ago) and Sporting(was in uefa final last year)

I know that we are a small contry but in football terms we are not so little.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sergioninja:

I am Portuguese and i cant help but agree with Vads,i am F.C.Porto fan and the only team that i enjoy playing FM is Porto,i have the pc version but i find this very shocking,how can you let out of the game a league that in the last 3 years has won 2 major european trophys and was in the final of another?

I am talking about F.C.Porto(won uefa cup 3 years ago and champions league 2 years ago) and Sporting(was in uefa final last year)

I know that we are a small contry but in football terms we are not so little. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I am also very very disappointed that the Portuguese League wasn´t included. Its ranked by Uefa as the 5th best league in Europe (see below) and with some really top top class players in it I just cant understand why it wasn´t included. Quaresma (you´ll see him at the WC, much better than C. Ronaldo, FM attributes need to be updated), Lucho Gonzalez, Pepe, Assuncao, Hugo Almeida, Mccarthy, Helton, Luisao, Diego, Ibson, Lisandro Lopez, Anderson (FCP), Anderson (Benfica), V. Baia, Simao, Nuno Gomes, Moutinho, Liedson, Manuel Fernandes, Moreira, Petit, Nelson etc etc etc

While I understand this from a commercial point of view, from a football one its ridiculous.

Official Uefa Rankings (as of today)

Spain 52.8 pts

Italy 50.3 pts

England 48.8 pts

France 41.7 pts

Portugal 33.8 pts

Germany 32.7 pts

Holland 30.4 pts

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Thats partially a commercial decision I'm afraid - portugal was definitely next on the list of leagues in line I believe and we'll do our best to ensure that next years version contains it (and hopefully a few others icon_wink.gif ) ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Marc, that was the answer I was waiting for. icon_smile.gif

And I understand it: you (SI) are not making this game because you like to write code and program software. No, it's all business.

But for now, SI won't get any business for me. icon_wink.gif

What is the release date for FM2007 handheld? I won't mind paying double for it, just to be able to play with a Portuguese team...

Ah, on the other hand, could this business reason not be a lie? Aren't the SI employees maybe not just a little ****ed off from all the Portuguese power lately over English football (England EURO 2004, Manchester's elimination from the CL, Liverpool half way the elimination of the same...)

icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And I understand it: you (SI) are not making this game because you like to write code and program software. No, it's all business. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Strangely we are making the game because we enjoy it (to be honest the games industry pays much lower than most areas of computing contrary to popular opinion none of us have flashy motors, heck I can't even drive - so we must love it, or be mad - your call which it is icon_wink.gif) ...

But it is a business at the end of the day and if SI don't make enough money to stay in business then we'd have to go out into the real world, experience sunlight and various other things which might not agree with us icon_wink.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ah, on the other hand, could this business reason not be a lie? Aren't the SI employees maybe not just a little ****ed off from all the Portuguese power lately over English football (England EURO 2004, Manchester's elimination from the CL, Liverpool half way the elimination of the same...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not everyone at SI are English though. Probably only around half at a rough estimate! icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vads:

Ah, on the other hand, could this business reason not be a lie? Aren't the SI employees maybe not just a little ****ed off from all the Portuguese power lately over English football (England EURO 2004, Manchester's elimination from the CL, Liverpool half way the elimination of the same...)

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh thats nothing to do with it...Get a grip.

Archived