*OFFICIAL* Blog Feedback - Tutorials

Im sure this will help some of the newer users to the game but I feel quite comfortable with the game anyhow

Did I notice on the Menu "Team Meeting" as an option in one of the drop downs in the Tutorial?

Thats piqued my interest :D

I believe this is a great new feature. For all the old FM players (as myself) this will problably never be use, but for a new user... i mean, if we take a look at FM its so complicated that i'm sure for a new user it will be mind blowing to start a game from the scratch.

For us, that play the game since the dark ages, all the features (new and old) seem very natural, but for some kid, that sees FM for the first time... not a easy job.

So, really well done this new tutorial system!

The Tutorial text explains it fairly clearly:

Should you wish to address multiple players in your squad in one go, the easiest way to go about this is to call a Team Meeting. This will allow you to interact with your group and let them know what's on your mind, be it positive or negative

Basically, player interaction on a group scale. The next option, Team Policy, looks to be the same as Team Settings now, assigning Ass Manager responsibilities, coaches for reserve and youth teams, etc.

Probably the only function that I care less... But i am sure many people especially from USA, or people whom are not so great with computer will find this very useful.

It looks like a more complete tutorial non the less...

Dip Note : The interface is slick. Cant wait to get my hands on this game.

I'm starting to get a little bit bored now, rather than excited about a new version as in every other year. Is there actually anything NEW in FM2012? If there isn't, i might as well keep playing FM2011.

Kind of agree here - improvements look decent so far - but not getting the " wow factor" with any of these. Hoping Miles has a few big surprises up his sleeve.

I'm starting to get a little bit bored now, rather than excited about a new version as in every other year. Is there actually anything NEW in FM2012? If there isn't, i might as well keep playing FM2011.

Till now the new things ( really new inovation ) which will change the manager's job in FM12 is :

- speaking with tones ( I hope we can apply it with press even ! )

- improvement in the contract of players

- managing anywhere

- little bit scouting ( search player )

Others are nice polish :

- scouting

- tactics

- tutorial

Now I'm waiting for a HUGE improvement in :

- media

- youth system

- newgens

- press conferences

- training ( still waiting for micro training management )

Then I will be ok to say that spending 50 euros will be a satisfaction to get fun in return.

I know I will spend 50 euros on October as I'm addicted to FM...

Fm forever !

Patience my friend patience...

There can not be so many NEW stuff as FM covers pretty much most basic and advanced things in football.

However each year they can improve on the last years edition...

I am personally waiting for press conferences to change as it is the only part that bores me.

There can not be so many NEW stuff as FM covers pretty much most basic and advanced things in football.

I am personally waiting for press conferences to change as it is the only part that bores me.

For me training : a manager should pass the same time in tactics and training. Till now I pass very less time in training as it's boring, you set it for few month a let the AI work, for me it's not fair.

i hate the skin again, why is it always bright !

miles will there be a dark skin on release too?

everything else i love , my eyes just can't focus on bright skins, it's my biggest gripe

Theres already possibility for you to have a darker skin on FM11 :)

The thing is, normally the big changes are announced first to get us excited, then the blogs dribble onto minor changes later. If these first blogs are announcing the most exciting new features, I have to say I'm somewhat underwhelmed.

• 3 weeks later...

Tutorial - learn to play FM:

PLease, please, please can you make this available to access / interactive with via this forum in advance. Availability prior to demo release would give us all something to digest & keep us occupied. It will surely be one of the first areas of the FM12 release to be completed & ready for use. Every year I get the demo and then am too busy or absorbed to refer back to the tutorials, I feel I miss stuff. Im sure there are a lot of small but important points in the game that I have missed over all these years.

Archived