FM Data Collection

Wakers

So we all know that FM sends usage data back to SIgames.

Is it possible for us to see this data? A summary or something similar?

There are two reasons; 1) I'm interested in what sort of data it sends it back and 2) I would like to see what the current trend is in terms of hardware for the FM playerbase.

The reason I ask is because Si have, in the past, said that they cater for smaller resolutions as they are "the most common". The latest steam hardware survey shows that over 60% of Windows users are running at 1440x900 or above, although this may be skewed somewhat because Steam is primarily a gamer's service.

This has just come to my mind because in the tactics video, the game is obviously being demonstrated on a widescreen monitor, where it has tiny text on the left, huge void in the middle of the screen (optimal reading space) and then the pitch overview on the right side of the screen.

I'm not enamoured with the new adaptive layout if a) it doesn't apply to all screens and b) instead of improving usability it just crams even more information onto an already overloaded home screen.

I've had this monitor for 8 years, was a proper top of the range one back then.

Basically I shrink FM as small as it will go then stretch it vertically to fill the screen.

Allows me to browse the internet while playing. I refuse to replace this monitor, it's a damn good one and still works perfectly. However, I am ​tempted to buy a second monitor to go with it.

Pfft. Who plays games on PC any more?

The only things I play are FM, Civ and various retro games. Everything else I play on console.

I do need a second monitor though, it's awkward as hell working on audio on a single monitor.

Anyway, let's not go too off topic regarding my awesome monitor and get back to the thread.

I'm running my PC though my TV (yes I'm a cheapskate for not getting a seperate monitor) & have my deesktop set to 1920 x 1080 but to get the best on screen layout in FM I have that set to 1360 x 768.

As fro the data collection I'm would be more interesting in the split between 32/64bit users & how the ratio has changed over the last few years.

I'm running my PC though my TV (yes I'm a cheapskate for not getting a seperate monitor) & have my deesktop set to 1920 x 1080 but to get the best on screen layout in FM I have that set to 1360 x 768.

As fro the data collection I'm would be more interesting in the split between 32/64bit users & how the ratio has changed over the last few years.

Do you set it that low because on the HD resolution there's too much empty space? If a lot of people do that, it could mess with SI's data analysis.

Yep, I change the setting in preference to avoid the large gaps in the centre of the screen. As for skewing the Data analysis I do not have steam installed so AFAIK no data is being collected from my system.

I wasn't too sure if it did or not, I'm sure I've seen an option to block the data mining but I can't remember if it was in preference. when I installed or if I'm just making this carp up.

Having done a quick check in preferences I might actually change to 1920 x 1080 HD, I think I can live with the empty space as it might be more bearable than not having all my senior squad players on one screen, having to scroll down to see my strikers is minor annoyance.

Pfft. Who plays games on PC any more?

The only things I play are FM, Civ and various retro games. Everything else I play on console.

I do need a second monitor though, it's awkward as hell working on audio on a single monitor.

Anyway, let's not go too off topic regarding my awesome monitor and get back to the thread.

totally off topic i know and i apologise, but do you produce music Ackter? (if so what genre?)

(i have nothing to add to the topic i just wanted to ask that/those question/s sorry)

Archived