*OFFICIAL* Blog Feedback - Tactics

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Custom shouts looks excellent!

Also, being able to set instructions for players and not having to worry about changing them as you change tactics looks decent too!

This sums it up for me really.

Did I read/view it correctly and see that you can save settings to individual players as well as formations? I.e. I have two AML, one left footed, one right footed - I can save the cut inside option for the right-footed one, and hug touchline for the left and the tactics update depending on who I pick?

But yes, the custom shouts looks like the simple addition that can really make a difference.

disappointed that were still unable to cancel subsitutions, for example your 1-0 up and decide to bring to bring on a extra defender but then just before the sub comes on they make it 1-1 well now I dont want to make that change, happens all the time in real life manager about to make a sub a goal goes in he changes his mind

So does this mean that when I instruct players to switch position during a game, I don't have to change their individual instruction? For example, I have a target man on the left and poacher on the right, both with instruction to switch with each other. When they switch, will the left side player be the poacher and the right side player be the target man?

This sums it up for me really.

Did I read/view it correctly and see that you can save settings to individual players as well as formations? I.e. I have two AML, one left footed, one right footed - I can save the cut inside option for the right-footed one, and hug touchline for the left and the tactics update depending on who I pick?

But yes, the custom shouts looks like the simple addition that can really make a difference.

Hopefully will be able to save the players' roles as well as their specific tactics.

Apart from it taking up valuable playing time at the moment, it's also quite frustrating if you make changes to your line-up and forget to change roles & tactics as well.

While I love the look and the changes that have been made...

for me, the single most important thing that made me fist-pump with delight was...

the ability to ask your assistant/coach to only pick player's for free slots!!! About time... it's annoyed me that this option hasn't been available before, tbh..

I'm proper looking forward to 21st October :thup:

Hopefully will be able to save the players' roles as well as their specific tactics.

Apart from it taking up valuable playing time at the moment, it's also quite frustrating if you make changes to your line-up and forget to change roles & tactics as well.

Ah yes, the amount of times I've realised that I've inadvertantly given hulking man-wall Alfred N'Diaye an attacking Trequartista role due to a formation shuffle. :-/

New interface looks promising, looking forward to trying it out in practice. I'm probably most pleased with custom shouts; I like the simple in-game dynamism shouts offer and that mechanic is now less limited. :thup:

Ah yes, the amount of times I've realised that I've inadvertantly given hulking man-wall Alfred N'Diaye an attacking Trequartista role due to a formation shuffle. :-/

I once managed Berbatov and stupidly sent him out with a role and tactics that required him to run... stupid me!

Aren't they just 'groups of existing shouts' rather than 'custom shouts?'

Yes, but it saves time clicking a whole bunch of them one after the other. Very useful IMO.

I like the new look and bit and bobs on the screen - feels more accessable and easy to use.

I would love to have an updated wibble/wobble, I get really frustrated when my attacking players do not chase back stop once they get inside our own half just or just stand by while they watch my central midfielders & defenders get overrun all because their primary role does not have a defensive instruction set.

I do like the look of the new interface but I would prefer it if SI used the dark skin in the videio clips because the white one hurts my eyes. :)

Nothing too new tbh, most of the 'features' spoken about were already present in previous iterations and have just been given a lick of paint. Liking the look of the custom shouts but pretty disappointed that a proper set-piece creator hasn't been included yet.

...pretty disappointed that a proper set-piece creator hasn't been included yet.

Still open to being exploited I guess, once AI managers are smart enough to remember your chosen plays & design defensive counters that render the routine ineffective then I'd be happy to see a set-piece creator.

Nice. With this 2nd blog we realise that these are improvements for advanced players. Just as for scouting oppoment teams, where i was thinking a lot while managing this season and now its possible to do, ..the custom shouts are an awesome improvement for someone like me who has mastered the shouts in FM2011. All new players start from buying the correct players,use the best tactics,develop young players, move to squad management, reqruitment and so on. In FM2012 it will be easer and faster to use all you have mastered as a virtual manager. /Well done for the changes to the interface

It would be great if those injury warnings included some extra info from your staff, for example, if they think you should keep a certain player on the field or not. That's not exactly new is it? You could already see if someone had picked up an injury either from the 3d view or the players screen.

It would be great if those injury warnings included some extra info from your staff, for example, if they think you should keep a certain player on the field or not. That's not exactly new is it? You could already see if someone had picked up an injury either from the 3d view or the players screen.

I would like to see information on the injury to judge if keeping him on the field will risk causing further problems, it's little things like an outfield player suffering from a couple of broken fingers, yes it will hurt put with a piankilling injection he should be able to carry on without too much truoble.

Just interface improvements.

Nothing new except some shouts (run at defense etc). :thdn:

When at the end I can oder Pirlo to pass to foot for Del Piero and to head for Toni?

Or order my forward to dribble against defender X, but never try this against defender Y?

:confused:

Those things for passing to feet or head - that's in their decision making. I would never tell a winger to cross to the head of Carroll, I'd expect them to make that decision depending on who's free.

You obviously didn't watch the video.

there are other things - like giving a player a Tactical role, something you couldn't do before. So now if you bring on an Attacking midfielder to replace the defensive midfielder he'll automatically be set to attack rather than defend.

If you don't understand that as a major change then you missed the whole point of the video.

And what's wrong with interface changes? They actually make the game more efficient for playing and utilising all your tactical options from a single screen. It maybe a cosmetic change but it makes it a lot more efficient

Your thumbsdown icon is rejected.

There are new camera angles

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/271369-Football-Manager-2012-Announced!

3D Match Improvements – new animations, a whole new crowd system, improved weather system, more stadiums, plus two brand new cameras - "Behind Goal" and "Director Cam" as well as all other camera angles being reversible - meaning you can watch and analyse every aspect of every game.

I would like to see information on the injury to judge if keeping him on the field will risk causing further problems, it's little things like an outfield player suffering from a couple of broken fingers, yes it will hurt put with a piankilling injection he should be able to carry on without too much truoble.

In FM11 this information was available in player profile (you can see what is injured) and in motivation widget (you can see how player feels himself).

Those things for passing to feet or head - that's in their decision making. I would never tell a winger to cross to the head of Carroll, I'd expect them to make that decision depending on who's free.

You can say this "that's in their decision making" about anything. And limit tactics to select starting eleven. ;-)))

You obviously didn't watch the video.

I've watched.

there are other things - like giving a player a Tactical role, something you couldn't do before. So now if you bring on an Attacking midfielder to replace the defensive midfielder he'll automatically be set to attack rather than defend.

If you don't understand that as a major change then you missed the whole point of the video.

When I make quick substitution I can choose role for coming player. Can't see what's cool in this.

Btw, I don't agree with your explanation of this feature. I understand this as I can store player instructions for 3 tactics for first 11. Nothing about subs or players outside of the squad. Just store what I have three 4-4-2's - one with attacking wingers, one with support, one with defensive, for example. Just roles and instruction for every position in each of 3 tactic.

And what's wrong with interface changes? They actually make the game more efficient for playing and utilising all your tactical options from a single screen. It maybe a cosmetic change but it makes it a lot more efficient

It's ok but not the main thing I wait from new game ;-)

Your thumbsdown icon is rejected.

:o

In FM11 this information was available in player profile (you can see what is injured) and in motivation widget (you can see how player feels himself).

Your assistant also gives some feedback in his advice widget. Most of the time he says the player is OK to continue, but sometimes I've seen him suggest that he should be substituted immediately.

With the custom shouts, am i right that you type in your own shouts? Can you only type certain set words; how many words can the game understand, has it swallowed a dictionary? Or have i misunderstood?

The custom shouts are just created from the existing shouts, you could like:

-Play Narrower

-Drop Deeper

-Pass into Space

Make all these shouts into one custom shout only.

Archived