+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: *OFFICIAL* Blog Feedback - Tactics

Default *OFFICIAL* Blog Feedback - Tactics

This is a thread for feedback on today's blog, which is now LIVE here - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...actics-(Video)

Amateur

Looks very snazzy and the custom shouts sounds like a much easier way to use Multiple Shouts at the same time. The tactic interface looks much cleaner as well- good job

Amateur

Custom shouts looks excellent!

Also, being able to set instructions for players and not having to worry about changing them as you change tactics looks decent too!

Semi Pro
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?

Interface actually looks polished this year.

Reserves

Custom Shouts - yes, much needed.

The rest is just changes to the interface, making it easier to do what you could already do in FM11. I didn't see anything NEW tactics-wise.

Semi Pro
    Somewhere between Yael Stone and Laura Prepon (@_meestercat)

Quote Originally Posted by runandjump View Post
    Custom shouts looks excellent!

Also, being able to set instructions for players and not having to worry about changing them as you change tactics looks decent too!
    This sums it up for me really.

Did I read/view it correctly and see that you can save settings to individual players as well as formations? I.e. I have two AML, one left footed, one right footed - I can save the cut inside option for the right-footed one, and hug touchline for the left and the tactics update depending on who I pick?

But yes, the custom shouts looks like the simple addition that can really make a difference.

Semi Pro

As long as there is some way to force a player to stop shooting from a billion yards out even though his tactics tell him to never ever ever do it, then I'm happy.

Amateur

custom shouts are wonderful!

Amateur

Brilliant once again, great new features I can't wait to use.

Not sure about the new font on the layout! Looks a lot different, a bit more like Championship Manager. Guess I'll get used to it eventually.

Amateur

The interface looks fantastic, well done SI!

Looks brilliant, can't wait for this. A shame SFraser's not around to use that tactics screen, I think he might have exploded in joy

Amateur

disappointed that were still unable to cancel subsitutions, for example your 1-0 up and decide to bring to bring on a extra defender but then just before the sub comes on they make it 1-1 well now I dont want to make that change, happens all the time in real life manager about to make a sub a goal goes in he changes his mind

Semi Pro

Storing player settings, gotta be good.

EDIT: Not what I had hoped it would be.
    Last edited by pigfacemonkeyman; 09-10-2011 at 18:10.

Banned

So does this mean that when I instruct players to switch position during a game, I don't have to change their individual instruction? For example, I have a target man on the left and poacher on the right, both with instruction to switch with each other. When they switch, will the left side player be the poacher and the right side player be the target man?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by MeesterCat View Post

Did I read/view it correctly and see that you can save settings to individual players as well as formations? I.e. I have two AML, one left footed, one right footed - I can save the cut inside option for the right-footed one, and hug touchline for the left and the tactics update depending on who I pick?

But yes, the custom shouts looks like the simple addition that can really make a difference.
    Hopefully will be able to save the players' roles as well as their specific tactics.

Apart from it taking up valuable playing time at the moment, it's also quite frustrating if you make changes to your line-up and forget to change roles & tactics as well.

Amateur

custom shouts... awesome!

Part-Timer

While I love the look and the changes that have been made...

for me, the single most important thing that made me fist-pump with delight was...

the ability to ask your assistant/coach to only pick player's for free slots!!! About time... it's annoyed me that this option hasn't been available before, tbh..

I'm proper looking forward to 21st October

Semi Pro
    Somewhere between Yael Stone and Laura Prepon (@_meestercat)

Quote Originally Posted by saware View Post
    Hopefully will be able to save the players' roles as well as their specific tactics.

Apart from it taking up valuable playing time at the moment, it's also quite frustrating if you make changes to your line-up and forget to change roles & tactics as well.
    Ah yes, the amount of times I've realised that I've inadvertantly given hulking man-wall Alfred N'Diaye an attacking Trequartista role due to a formation shuffle. :-/

Part-Timer

New interface looks promising, looking forward to trying it out in practice. I'm probably most pleased with custom shouts; I like the simple in-game dynamism shouts offer and that mechanic is now less limited.

Semi Pro

Aren't they just 'groups of existing shouts' rather than 'custom shouts?'

Amateur

Ah yes, the amount of times I've realised that I've inadvertantly given hulking man-wall Alfred N'Diaye an attacking Trequartista role due to a formation shuffle. :-/
    I once managed Berbatov and stupidly sent him out with a role and tactics that required him to run... stupid me!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by pigfacemonkeyman View Post
    Hm, true, on second look there aren't a ton of options. Still very nice, but hopefully this will be fleshed out further in time.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by pigfacemonkeyman View Post
    Yes, but it saves time clicking a whole bunch of them one after the other. Very useful IMO.

I like the new look and bit and bobs on the screen - feels more accessable and easy to use.

Amateur

and so..still not tactics with and without ball possession..i think it's absurd,talking about realism,the fact you can't set your defensive tactic..

Third Team

I would love to have an updated wibble/wobble, I get really frustrated when my attacking players do not chase back stop once they get inside our own half just or just stand by while they watch my central midfielders & defenders get overrun all because their primary role does not have a defensive instruction set.

I do like the look of the new interface but I would prefer it if SI used the dark skin in the videio clips because the white one hurts my eyes.

Youth Team

Looks awesome. Can't wait.

Amateur

Custom Shouts
    Do whatever you want in this game : I like this ! keep it up
    Will the advanced instructions remain in fm12 ( the famous bar line to adjus ? )

Part-Timer
    somewhere in Malta at the current time of reading

Nothing too new tbh, most of the 'features' spoken about were already present in previous iterations and have just been given a lick of paint. Liking the look of the custom shouts but pretty disappointed that a proper set-piece creator hasn't been included yet.

Amateur

will the match preparation have more options ( examples : physical work, one touch ball, triangle passes etc... ? )
    I did not see in the video blog .

Custom Shouts and stored player instructions - brill!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Mons View Post
    ...pretty disappointed that a proper set-piece creator hasn't been included yet.
    Still open to being exploited I guess, once AI managers are smart enough to remember your chosen plays & design defensive counters that render the routine ineffective then I'd be happy to see a set-piece creator.

Amateur

Just features from last year made more compact and with a lick of paint.

nik1313

Nice. With this 2nd blog we realise that these are improvements for advanced players. Just as for scouting oppoment teams, where i was thinking a lot while managing this season and now its possible to do, ..the custom shouts are an awesome improvement for someone like me who has mastered the shouts in FM2011. All new players start from buying the correct players,use the best tactics,develop young players, move to squad management, reqruitment and so on. In FM2012 it will be easer and faster to use all you have mastered as a virtual manager. /Well done for the changes to the interface

Amateur

It looks very nice..
    But i have some wondering about something you (Miles) wrote yesterday. You wrote that you will bring something at bold.dk, is that gonna hapend?

Amateur

Just interface improvements.
    Nothing new except some shouts (run at defense etc).

When at the end I can oder Pirlo to pass to foot for Del Piero and to head for Toni?
    Or order my forward to dribble against defender X, but never try this against defender Y?

Amateur

It would be great if those injury warnings included some extra info from your staff, for example, if they think you should keep a certain player on the field or not. That's not exactly new is it? You could already see if someone had picked up an injury either from the 3d view or the players screen.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by 2Pacalypse View Post
    It would be great if those injury warnings included some extra info from your staff, for example, if they think you should keep a certain player on the field or not. That's not exactly new is it? You could already see if someone had picked up an injury either from the 3d view or the players screen.
    I would like to see information on the injury to judge if keeping him on the field will risk causing further problems, it's little things like an outfield player suffering from a couple of broken fingers, yes it will hurt put with a piankilling injection he should be able to carry on without too much truoble.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro133 View Post
    Just interface improvements.
    Nothing new except some shouts (run at defense etc).

When at the end I can oder Pirlo to pass to foot for Del Piero and to head for Toni?
    Or order my forward to dribble against defender X, but never try this against defender Y?
    Those things for passing to feet or head - that's in their decision making. I would never tell a winger to cross to the head of Carroll, I'd expect them to make that decision depending on who's free.

You obviously didn't watch the video.

there are other things - like giving a player a Tactical role, something you couldn't do before. So now if you bring on an Attacking midfielder to replace the defensive midfielder he'll automatically be set to attack rather than defend.

If you don't understand that as a major change then you missed the whole point of the video.

And what's wrong with interface changes? They actually make the game more efficient for playing and utilising all your tactical options from a single screen. It maybe a cosmetic change but it makes it a lot more efficient

Your thumbsdown icon is rejected.

Amateur

Is that a new camera angle right end of the video

Youth Team

There are new camera angles

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...2012-Announced!
    3D Match Improvements – new animations, a whole new crowd system, improved weather system, more stadiums, plus two brand new cameras - "Behind Goal" and "Director Cam" as well as all other camera angles being reversible - meaning you can watch and analyse every aspect of every game.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Barside View Post
    I would like to see information on the injury to judge if keeping him on the field will risk causing further problems, it's little things like an outfield player suffering from a couple of broken fingers, yes it will hurt put with a piankilling injection he should be able to carry on without too much truoble.
    In FM11 this information was available in player profile (you can see what is injured) and in motivation widget (you can see how player feels himself).

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Tyson View Post
    Those things for passing to feet or head - that's in their decision making. I would never tell a winger to cross to the head of Carroll, I'd expect them to make that decision depending on who's free.
    You can say this "that's in their decision making" about anything. And limit tactics to select starting eleven. ;-)))
    You obviously didn't watch the video.
    I've watched.
    there are other things - like giving a player a Tactical role, something you couldn't do before. So now if you bring on an Attacking midfielder to replace the defensive midfielder he'll automatically be set to attack rather than defend.
    If you don't understand that as a major change then you missed the whole point of the video.
    When I make quick substitution I can choose role for coming player. Can't see what's cool in this.
    Btw, I don't agree with your explanation of this feature. I understand this as I can store player instructions for 3 tactics for first 11. Nothing about subs or players outside of the squad. Just store what I have three 4-4-2's - one with attacking wingers, one with support, one with defensive, for example. Just roles and instruction for every position in each of 3 tactic.
    And what's wrong with interface changes? They actually make the game more efficient for playing and utilising all your tactical options from a single screen. It maybe a cosmetic change but it makes it a lot more efficient
    It's ok but not the main thing I wait from new game ;-)
    Your thumbsdown icon is rejected.

Part-Timer

In FM11 this information was available in player profile (you can see what is injured) and in motivation widget (you can see how player feels himself).
    Your assistant also gives some feedback in his advice widget. Most of the time he says the player is OK to continue, but sometimes I've seen him suggest that he should be substituted immediately.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dfgrigg View Post
    Your assistant also gives some feedback in his advice widget. Most of the time he says the player is OK to continue, but sometimes I've seen him suggest that he should be substituted immediately.
    What widget are you talking about? From fm12 from last video?

Amateur

where is the blog on tactics?? this should be called the new interface blog.there is nothing about tactics in that video.

Youth Team

Allesandro - you don't understand the additional features in the tactics.

Amateur

Maybe my english is not so good. Explain me, please.

Amateur

Amazing.

Hell of a good job.

Banned

With the custom shouts, am i right that you type in your own shouts? Can you only type certain set words; how many words can the game understand, has it swallowed a dictionary? Or have i misunderstood?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by username1 View Post
    With the custom shouts, am i right that you type in your own shouts? Can you only type certain set words; how many words can the game understand, has it swallowed a dictionary? Or have i misunderstood?
    The custom shouts are just created from the existing shouts, you could like:

-Play Narrower
    -Drop Deeper
    -Pass into Space

Make all these shouts into one custom shout only.

Semi Pro

There aren't any. You could do every single thing in that video in FM11 - it only took a few additional mouse clicks. Not that I don't approve the changes or anything, the interface looks much more professional and well layed out. But the tactics system seems to have remained exactly the same under the hood, which is a shame since it is such an important part of the game and it certainly could do with a few improvements.

Youth Team

The addition to assign a player a role is a change. Before you had to set the position in the formation and dedicate a role to that position. So putting a DM in the DM slot. If you subbed the DM for a AM you had to fiddle around with the DM role to get it to the AM role. Now if you have Miguel Velosso in the DM role and you sub him for Steven Gerrard, it will use the role you predefined in Steven Gerrards settings and not the DM role defined in the formation.

And the addition of building your own "Shouts" is also new.

How hard is that to understand?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Äktsjon Männ View Post
    There aren't any. You could do every single thing in that video in FM11 - it only took a few additional mouse clicks. Not that I don't approve the changes or anything, the interface looks much more professional and well layed out. But the tactics system seems to have remained exactly the same under the hood, which is a shame since it is such an important part of the game and it certainly could do with a few improvements.
    What would you liked to have seen improved? I would imagine a lot has changed "under the hood", not just a polish of the interface.

Semi Pro

The addition to assign a player a role is a change. Before you had to set the position in the formation and dedicate a role to that position. So putting a DM in the DM slot. If you subbed the DM for a AM you had to fiddle around with the DM role to get it to the AM role. Now if you have Miguel Velosso in the DM role and you sub him for Steven Gerrard, it will use the role you predefined in Steven Gerrards settings and not the DM role defined in the formation.

Exactly. It took a few more mouse clicks but you could still set Gerrard to play AM. All that's changed in FM12 apparently is the interface.

Youth Team

No it's not all that changed. You could NEVER assign a ROLE to a player before. EVER. It was a sought after feature for the last 2 years. It is now added.

You said
    And they didn't really get into what's under the hood in the 4 minute preview video. They did show some nice new touches they added. But they didn't exactly go into detail.

Until they do, you cannot say they didn't change anything under the hood.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    What would you liked to have seen improved? I would imagine a lot has changed "under the hood", not just a polish of the interface.
    I'd like to see many more roles as well as more customisation options within those roles. More refined control over width so that you could for example be compact in defense but still hit the teams down the flanks in attack. Better control over set pieces etc etc. Maybe these improvements are there in FM12 but it seems strange not to indroduce them in a blog dedicated to tactical improvements if so. Have to wait and see I guess.

Semi Pro

No it's not all that changed. You could NEVER assign a ROLE to a player before. EVER. It was a sought after feature for the last 2 years. It is now added.
    It's still only a change in how you interact with the tactics system. I.e an interface change. It won't make any difference if you assign a predetermined role to a player or change it manually through the tactics screen. They'll still perform exactly the same.

Amateur

"Create your own shouts" I was very excited about, then I realised it was simply a quick way to combine the shouts already present.

It is a great idea, but we should be able to create OUR OWN shouts from the beginning, not just use the preset ones.

All in all, the amount of clicking looks far reduced and that is great too.

Cheers

Youth Team

I give up.

Amateur

Will classic tactics still exist?

Semi Pro

You said

And they didn't really get into what's under the hood in the 4 minute preview video. They did show some nice new touches they added. But they didn't exactly go into detail.

Until they do, you cannot say they didn't change anything under the hood.
    I give up.
    He says you can save player settings, not roles. (still very handy)
    The option to 'customise shouts' only allows you to 'customise groups of already existing shouts' and name those groups as you like.
    Last edited by pigfacemonkeyman; 13-09-2011 at 17:11. Reason: typo

Amateur

Love the new interface changes, looks nice and it seems like they will be a lot less clicking and be much more efficient

I like the ability to create custom shouts too, and if i understood it right, the ability to set each player with a preffered role and settings.

Amateur

nice to see hes using west ham lol
    looks very nice cant wait
    whens the demo :P

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

A few neat time-saving features here, nothing revolutionary, but the groups of shouts will save a lot of time and stop me making mistakes.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by pauly1616 View Post
    "Create your own shouts" I was very excited about, then I realised it was simply a quick way to combine the shouts already present.
    Exactly how I feel about it. I like the interface changes that have been made but in order to take the Tactics Creator (which was a ground-breaking addition btw) to the next logical level we need to have the abilities to create TRUE custom roles and shouts.

Amateur

I like it! New interface looks clean and user friendly, much improved. The things touched on in the video blog aren't ground-breaking but they seem useful and a good addition.

I do wonder why the player's injury still isn't specified when he picks it up in game. If a goalkeeper has a bruised head, he can play on. If a striker has a sprained wrist, he can play on. But if someone's pulled their hammy I want to know it's a leg injury and bring him off. In FM11 it only says he has a green-cross knock, and it would appear it flashes up in-game on FM12, but still only notifying you he 'has a knock'. Even if it didn't specify the injury exactly, but narrowed it to a category - head, knee, foot - it would make it easier to decide if he should come off or not.

Maybe this is on the cards, I don't know, I'm guessing everything will be explained in a lot more detail soon. I would say first impressions for tactics blog - 7/10. Good improvements, but don't seem to go far enough.

Part-Timer

I am looking forward to this year FM like no other might be the first one I buy on release date normaly wait until the last patch.

I still can't believe how many people are still on about the changing of individual shouts to make custom ones. The shouts do what they say, the only thing you could customise is the name. 'Pass To Feet' is what is says how can it be changed differently. The grouping of shouts is far better and can be customised to suit a different type of play so if your slow, short passing, patient work the ball into box isn't being effect effective then instead of pressing, Get the ball forward, pass to space etc. one by one, you can group it under one shout making it much more fluid which is always a good thing in my book.

Amateur

I would like to have a possibility to prepare some options just before the match gets started. For example, if my team concedes a goal, the tactics changes the way I set before the game (e.g. to more attacking-minded). Or if I score a goal, my team tries to waste time automatically. Sorry for my English, hope you understand me

And by the way - when is the next blog coming out?
    Last edited by brt; 13-09-2011 at 18:19.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by brt View Post
    I would like to have a possibility to prepare some options just before the match gets started. For example, if my team concedes a goal, the tactics changes the way I set before the game (e.g. to more attacking-minded). Or if I score a goal, my team tries to waste time automatically. Sorry for my English, hope you understand me

And by the way - when is the next blog coming out?
    You will be able to do that with the ability to set-up 3 different tactic's they could be all the same formation but with different Mentalities and Instructions

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Welsh Lad View Post
    I am looking forward to this year FM like no other might be the first one I buy on release date normaly wait until the last patch.

I still can't believe how many people are still on about the changing of individual shouts to make custom ones. The shouts do what they say, the only thing you could customise is the name. 'Pass To Feet' is what is says how can it be changed differently. The grouping of shouts is far better and can be customised to suit a different type of play so if your slow, short passing, patient work the ball into box isn't being effect effective then instead of pressing, Get the ball forward, pass to space etc. one by one, you can group it under one shout making it much more fluid which is always a good thing in my book.
    Pass To Feet rather than head
    Pass to Feet rather than into space

there's two. ;)

Amateur

While i like the new layout and options i do think the tactics board could do with a revamp.

Example being i want my 2nd striker to play just off the front man but not in the AM position. Most know that its typically the DLF on support option, but it would be great if it actually showed that his position is just off the front man but not deep enough to be called an AM.

Same thing with other positions. Show the slight position changes on the tactics board so that people can see the difference some options make and so that the tactics screen doesnt seem so rigid and flat (thats how i see the FM tactics screen now) compared to things like the lineups on http://www.zonalmarking.net/.

Banned

Siven, you can tweak the position using mentality, i.e a forward with a lower mentality will play deeper than one with a higher mentality, the downside though is that the mentality also affects the players behaviour on the ball and how conservative or other wise they are in possession.

I agree you should have free reign as to where you you place a player within a set boundary like the fifa tactics screen where you can move the cf about but if you put him too deep he becomes an amc etc

First Team
    croydon, uk \'THE master of muppets\' JUST CALL ME POSTAL PROGRAMMER

by the sounds of your explanation, it seems that your reading into it that you can save the player tactics against the player. I read it that it is saved against the 'pre-saved' tactics. Which is abit like how it currently works in FM2011.
    so if you have a flat 442 and a CM that is attacking, if you then play a defensive 442, that CM turns into a defensive player, regardless of who that player is (position specific). Rather than you being able to save the tactics against the player.

could be wrong though.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by postal postie View Post
    by the sounds of your explanation, it seems that your reading into it that you can save the player tactics against the player. I read it that it is saved against the 'pre-saved' tactics. Which is abit like how it currently works in FM2011.
    so if you have a flat 442 and a CM that is attacking, if you then play a defensive 442, that CM turns into a defensive player, regardless of who that player is (position specific). Rather than you being able to save the tactics against the player.

could be wrong though.
    I thought it gave you the option to save a role for each player per tactic (x3)... or maybe I read too much into it or wanted too much? It was the opinion I got from watching the blog...

Part-Timer

I just watched it again to make sure and it does look like it only sets the player role per tactic. Not per player has such. So if you were playing 4-2-3-1 DM and decided to change to 4-2-3-1 CM then the roles will automatically change but not if you bring on a AM for a DM in a flat 4-4-2 for instance you would have to change the players role manually.

Thats how I took it, but hey we'll know for definate soon

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Äktsjon Männ View Post
    I'd like to see many more roles as well as more customisation options within those roles. More refined control over width so that you could for example be compact in defense but still hit the teams down the flanks in attack. Better control over set pieces etc etc. Maybe these improvements are there in FM12 but it seems strange not to indroduce them in a blog dedicated to tactical improvements if so. Have to wait and see I guess.
    1 - You do realise that there aren't that many roles in football? Any other "role" being played by a player right now that isn't included in the game are only down to invididual instructions from the managers which can be roughly recreated by us now. There are only three aspects of the roles which are arguably capable of being improved. Liberi in the CB position, the Busquets DM role and proper wide FL/FR roles.

2 - That's doable now by changing the width instructions on the player screens. Not ideal but most teams have a main width they play to and then this is changed in-game by the players/roles the manager uses. There's no real team who play with two distinct differences of width between defence and attack.

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

I just watched it again to make sure and it does look like it only sets the player role per tactic. Not per player has such. So if you were playing 4-2-3-1 DM and decided to change to 4-2-3-1 CM then the roles will automatically change but not if you bring on a AM for a DM in a flat 4-4-2 for instance you would have to change the players role manually.

Thats how I took it, but hey we'll know for definate soon
    That's what it looked like to me as well. Essentially, it seems to be the system we have now, but with the UI linked to Match Prep.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7Bestie7 View Post
    1 - You do realise that there aren't that many roles in football? Any other "role" being played by a player right now that isn't included in the game are only down to invididual instructions from the managers which can be roughly recreated by us now.
    But if you overwrite an individual instruction (like mentality), it will stay overwritten if you change your strategy or shouts. Custom roles would help get around that.

Part-Timer

What you really have to do is know your players and their strengths and weaknesses because has we know not every AMC is alike some can take long shots some can't. So before each game you will have to look at your 15 players and decided that I will start with these players playing this tactic, if you have to bring on a more attacking midfielder and you'll need to change the style of play to fit him in. SO when you go into the match you will have you Starting tactic and one or two for the changes in style of play. (So when you bring him on you change the tactics aswell). So all the main instruction work is done before the match starts. I think the problem is that there are only 3 set tactics because on my FM11 save I have about 10 I can choose from, with regards to different players playing in the same position i.e Ashley Young and Stewert Downing both AMLs but different settings. (I know I wont have that problem in FM12, money grabbers lol only joking).

Semi Pro

Disappointed with the fact they dint mention any improvements on the set piece creator

Part-Timer

What widget are you talking about? From fm12 from last video?
    Sorry, I mixed up my words. I'm talking about the assistant manager feedback during a match, in FM11.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by brightonrock View Post
    I do wonder why the player's injury still isn't specified when he picks it up in game. If a goalkeeper has a bruised head, he can play on. If a striker has a sprained wrist, he can play on. But if someone's pulled their hammy I want to know it's a leg injury and bring him off. In FM11 it only says he has a green-cross knock, and it would appear it flashes up in-game on FM12, but still only notifying you he 'has a knock'. Even if it didn't specify the injury exactly, but narrowed it to a category - head, knee, foot - it would make it easier to decide if he should come off or not.
    This is already in the game, sort of. When a player picks up a knock during a match, if you go onto his player profile screen it will say where on the body the injury is. It's not hugely specific: normally something like 'has potential knee injury' or has 'potential upper body injury'. Sometimes it says nothing, in which case there apparently is no injury, which is a little odd but never mind.

It would be good if this information could be added to the assistant manager's feedback to make it more obvious and accessible during the match.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post
    That's what it looked like to me as well. Essentially, it seems to be the system we have now, but with the UI linked to Match Prep.

But if you overwrite an individual instruction (like mentality), it will stay overwritten if you change your strategy or shouts. Custom roles would help get around that.
    Agreed and if we never had the TC and Role options I would say this was a much needed addition but I don't think it's that important. Shouts which effect user changes might be a better option but I see the same issue coming up even with those. Namely if there is something that is personally changed from a pre-set, then it's because you want a player to play in a very specific way regardless of the rest of the team's instructions. If I have deliberately told my inside forwards that they can have maximum creativity, regardless of if I am using Standard, Balanced or Attacking, why would I want that changed via the shouts?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by dfgrigg View Post
    This is already in the game, sort of. When a player picks up a knock during a match, if you go onto his player profile screen it will say where on the body the injury is. It's not hugely specific: normally something like 'has potential knee injury' or has 'potential upper body injury'. Sometimes it says nothing, in which case there apparently is no injury, which is a little odd but never mind.

It would be good if this information could be added to the assistant manager's feedback to make it more obvious and accessible during the match.
    I know what you mean with this going slightlyoff topic of tactics but I had a player stretchered off and one picked up a knock, had to sub the one carried off but also subbed the one that had a knock has a precaution (in a friendly) after the match in my inbox, the player who picked up a knock was out for 3 weeks whilst the one stretchered off was fine not even out for a day

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 7Bestie7 View Post
    Agreed and if we never had the TC and Role options I would say this was a much needed addition but I don't think it's that important. Shouts which effect user changes might be a better option but I see the same issue coming up even with those. Namely if there is something that is personally changed from a pre-set, then it's because you want a player to play in a very specific way regardless of the rest of the team's instructions. If I have deliberately told my inside forwards that they can have maximum creativity, regardless of if I am using Standard, Balanced or Attacking, why would I want that changed via the shouts?
    This is actually a way of customising your shouts.

Part-Timer

I know what you mean with this going slightlyoff topic of tactics but I had a player stretchered off and one picked up a knock, had to sub the one carried off but also subbed the one that had a knock has a precaution (in a friendly) after the match in my inbox, the player who picked up a knock was out for 3 weeks whilst the one stretchered off was fine not even out for a day
    My club captain in FM09 was regularly stretchered off, usually early in games, and 99/100 times he was fine the next day... It appeared to be in matches where I played a weak eleven, youngsters with promise and such, rather than my strongest team or in matches where the opposition were a bit "rough" with him... I eventually decided he was just a pussy and couldn't handle the rough treatment or was scared of being on the receiving end should my team selection fail as this seemed to be the only reason. Give him a game against Real or Arsenal and he'd play the full 90, play him against Barnet and he'd be stretchered off inside the first 10 minutes.. 99% gtd!

Amateur

cooooool !!!!!!!

Amateur

i can't wait for the next blog which is after 30 min or less

Amateur

where's the next blog

Amateur

Everybody Are Sleeping

Amateur
    The typical AJAX combination of TIPS is best expressed in creative and, therefore, attacking footbol

Can we please have less bling bling features and more substance (for tactics) in FM13?

Banned

No change to tactics other than a prettier interface then.

Tactics and Match Engine Moderator

There are four new shouts, which nobody seems to have picked up on:

1: Play Ball out of Defence
    2: Run at Defence
    3: Play through Defence
    4: Hit Early Crosses

Amateur

Contrary to blog about scouting, nothing new, improvements in the interface that should already be included when Tatical creator came......
    Last edited by juvito2k; 14-09-2011 at 03:16.

Amateur

WOW - just simply - WOW - love the new Scouting Features - but these new Tactics features are EXACTLY what has been needed and are such a fantastic addition - making the game easier to use (not neccessarily easier to play - we dont neccessarily want that - just easier to use)...2012 is looking like it will be simply awesome!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by juvito2k View Post
    Contrary to blog about scouting, nothing new, improvements in the interface that should already be included when Tatical creator came......
    Well if there are improvement, then there is something new ;)

Amateur

0:29 into the blog the drop down menu has 'Team Meeting' and 'Team Policy' as options. These are additions to last years iteration.

Amateur

Where you saw this on video?
    Hi assign roles only for first 11.
    own "Shouts" is just some set of standard shouts. You can't create a shout "Gerrard play deeper, the rest - the same".

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
    0:29 into the blog the drop down menu has 'Team Meeting' and 'Team Policy' as options. These are additions to last years iteration.
    What I meant is in the additional focus in match preparation.

First Team Squad Member

Release date only about a month away then!

The new scouting stuff sounds excellent. A rehaul of scouting reports has been badly need for a long, long time!

The create your own shouts sounds really good. Again, I'm really pleased that they are working on something that I consider to be one of the most important parts of the game. I was annoyed that they stalled on doing more with the TC last year.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by wwfan View Post
    There are four new shouts, which nobody seems to have picked up on:

1: Play Ball out of Defence
    2: Run at Defence
    3: Play through Defence
    4: Hit Early Crosses
    I noticed! Do I win anything?

What precisely do they do to the tactical instructions WWFan? I could probably guess most of them actually but want the official info! ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast