*OFFICIAL* Blog Feedback - Scouting

Really enjoy the new option for scouting! The ability to scout any team in world at any time it's great! It really feels like a complete revamp of the scouting system, so i was just wondering if the scouts atributes will be the same, or the scout will have different atributes from last years?

Just one more thing... no pics in this year blogs?

• SI Staff
Really enjoy the new option for scouting! The ability to scout any team in world at any time it's great! It really feels like a complete revamp of the scouting system, so i was just wondering if the scouts atributes will be the same, or the scout will have different atributes from last years?

Just one more thing... no pics in this year blogs?

There will be video blogs, which are full of screenshots, and some screenshots later on in the blog cycle.

When you get the rating for the players at another club, will this be based on your club's reputation?

So say if I was a Championship team and got a scout report on Manchester City, would it rate their players in relation to their status at City or in relation to my club? (ie every player would probably be 5 stars!)

21st October? Wow thats a lot earlier than I was thinking with the "before Christmas" announcement. I reckoned you might be preparing us for a December release which would have felt like a LONG wait. The scouting sounds very comprehensive but I was wondering when you say that the scout might give feedback on the best role in the team would that be along the lines of "works best as a box to box midfielder" to help with finding players to suit your tactics?

21st October? Wow thats a lot earlier than I was thinking with the "before Christmas" announcement. I reckoned you might be preparing us for a December release which would have felt like a LONG wait. The scouting sounds very comprehensive but I was wondering when you say that the scout might give feedback on the best role in the team would that be along the lines of "works best as a box to box midfielder" to help with finding players to suit your tactics?

SI always say 'before XMAS' when they announce FM in the summer, but FM is released in the autumn.

The scouts are also more intelligent, and will even tell you if they think the scouting mission you’ve sent them on is a waste of time. And if they’re a decent scout and you hire them, they might even bring a ready-made scouting list with them.

They’ll give you feedback on a players best tactical role, will directly compare them to others in your squad in their scout reports, give better feedback on player weaknesses, can be assigned to scout all your feeder clubs & ask them to scout for specific attributes.

I just erm... I need some andrex!

From the description, isn't the scout's other team report almost the same as your assistant manager's team report for your team? It's good that scouting has been improved, and I hope the new scout report gives more useful information than the usual guesstimate on CA/PA.

• SI Staff
Hey Miles...

I notice that you have the blog in Turkish now... Would this unofficialy mean that the game will be in Turkish as well for the first time?

No - unfortunately we still don't get anywhere near selling the amount of copies in Turkey to justify paying for a translation to be done.

No - unfortunately we still don't get anywhere near selling the amount of copies in Turkey to justify paying for a translation to be done.

Maybe if you took a punt one year and had it translated, it may result in more sales. Obviously it might take a few years for it to get round and sales to pick up but would it not be worth it in the long run?

If people dont understand it, they wont buy it, and if they dont buy it, you wont add the language. Bit of a catch 22 for you aswell as the (potential) customer

Awesome stuff Miles. this game owns a top position at the 'hall of fame' for games ever made. Nice scouting improvements and congrats for the early release day.My favorite is the team report from any club in the game world. Also scouts and when you hire them, that they might even bring a ready-made scouting list with them. Is this for scouts who were employed in another team when you hire them or it depends on the scout's desicion to share his scouting list or not?/thanks

Little bit disappointed as all these scout informations are already existing in FM2011 ( player stats, team stats, match analysis etc... ), but you had to search them by yourself, now in FM12 you will find them in a page... So not bad, but for me, a nice polish...

It seems that it's like the backroom advice special " scouting".

But very happy that the scout are now more intelligent !

Hope tomorrow I will see major improvement in a area which has NOT been annouced in the TOP list of revolution ( media, press conferences, training etc... )

Anyway, best game forever !!!

But very happy that the scout are now more intelligent !

I will settle for scouts being a little less work-shy, always annoys me to see that Scout A has 0 repots on players in league 1, what none at all? Surely there is at least one guy in a league of 24 teams that know where the ball goes!

Isnt the game usually released around the end of October each year? Easy marketing ploy, say its going to be released around christmas then a few weeks later change the date to the usual one and everyone gets all happy.

actually last year it was 5th november, which is why people are happy, as it stands it's earlier

I will settle for scouts being a little less work-shy, always annoys me to see that Scout A has 0 repots on players in league 1, what none at all? Surely there is at least one guy in a league of 24 teams that know where the ball goes!

haha +1. The addition of a scout telling you send him somewhere could be a waste of time is nice too

Scouts already suggest sending them to a particular country via the backroom meeting screen, now we can get a scout telling us he doesn't want to go to Poland in January & would prefer Brazil instead.

• SI Staff
Maybe if you took a punt one year and had it translated, it may result in more sales. Obviously it might take a few years for it to get round and sales to pick up but would it not be worth it in the long run?

If people dont understand it, they wont buy it, and if they dont buy it, you wont add the language. Bit of a catch 22 for you aswell as the (potential) customer

There are a a few hundred thousand people in Turkey playing the game without a translation, Stevo. If a tiny percentage of those people paid for it, then we'd be able to afford to do the translation. This has been a long running issue, and one I've spoken about a lot in the press over in Turkey.

• SI Staff
Isnt the game usually released around the end of October each year? Easy marketing ploy, say its going to be released around christmas then a few weeks later change the date to the usual one and everyone gets all happy.

At the time we said "before Xmas", no release date had been set, as we weren't sure when we would be able to hit. This is the same thing that happens most years, as there are too many undecided factors at the time we usually announce. I had a fair idea of the release date on Friday, and finalised it with SEGA yesterday, based on all the information I had from both the dev side, and the marketing & PR side. We announced it today.

There are a a few hundred thousand people in Turkey playing the game without a translation, Stevo. If a tiny percentage of those people paid for it, then we'd be able to afford to do the translation. This has been a long running issue, and one I've spoken about a lot in the press over in Turkey.

Ah now I understand. So its a piracy issue rather than the people just not being able to understand any of the languages already available? Any ideas why the piracy is so big in Turkey in relation to other countries?

You now have the choice of using a scouting pool to scout players. This would send a scout or member of your coaching staff to go and have a look at a player without you having to designate someone specific.

If you just scout a player once, and they aren’t famous, you’d better keep scouting them every year or so, or else you might just find some of their stats become hidden again.

Really like both of those things :thup:

Archived