Is It Worth It Mr V??

As ive been playin CM/FM series for bout 10 years now (sad to those who dont like the game) this is probably a stupid question.

Would you say its worth me buyin a PSP solely so i can sit on my reclining sofa and play FM?

Could you tell us the differences between FM2006 PC version & PSP version, But if you say its worth buyin a PSP for this reason only then i probably will just get one anyway (Annual Bonus Coming V.Soon icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif)

Cheers

Wayne

As ive been playin CM/FM series for bout 10 years now (sad to those who dont like the game) this is probably a stupid question.

Would you say its worth me buyin a PSP solely so i can sit on my reclining sofa and play FM?

Could you tell us the differences between FM2006 PC version & PSP version, But if you say its worth buyin a PSP for this reason only then i probably will just get one anyway (Annual Bonus Coming V.Soon icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif)

Cheers

Wayne

• SI Staff

Virtua tennis is also quality. That, FM and GTA: LCS might tempt even me into buying a PSP ... I put my last bonus into a geeky savings account, maybe time to go talk to the bank icon_wink.gif.

There are lots of differences between the PC and PSP version (most notably, no 2D match engine). But as the game was designed ground up for the PSP, it runs a lot faster than the PC version does. It's a bit more limited too since there isn't much memory to play with - you can only run one nation at a time for example.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">music would be a cool (and not that hard) feature!

would make it quality, as FM is a game with no sound and now with no comment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bit late to suggest it for the first version now, but its something we can investigate for the next version if the feedback we get from people for the idea is positive (I quite like the idea myself if that helps icon_wink.gif ).

• SI Staff

PS> As far as getting a PSP goes - I've got one and enjoy using it, mainly for FM ... but also watching films and suchlike, gamewise they're mainly action titles available at the moment (which aren't really my 'thing' personally) but from what I understand more strategy style titles are coming in the future (apart from FM that is).

Games I'd recommend outside of FM at present are:

Virtual Tennis

Pursuit Force

Street Fighter Alpha (when its released - used to love this on the SNES)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

PS> As far as getting a PSP goes - I've got one and enjoy using it, mainly for FM ... but also watching films and suchlike, gamewise they're mainly action titles available at the moment (which aren't really my 'thing' personally) but from what I understand more strategy style titles are coming in the future (apart from FM that is).

Games I'd recommend outside of FM at present are:

Virtual Tennis

Pursuit Force

Street Fighter Alpha (when its released - used to love this on the SNES) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I too also have a pc,although i am neglecting it currently but its is a awesome handheld,i have pro evolution(the best!),gta(completed),metal gear acid(completed).

Marc i would recomend metal gear acid it is strategic and also cheap on play.com icon14.gif,i rented virtua tennis and hated it icon13.gif.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I too also have a pc,although i am neglecting it currently but its is a awesome handheld,i have pro evolution(the best!),gta(completed),metal gear acid(completed). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pro evo I loved but for me I'm cautious about recommending it because the load times drive me mad - even to the extent that in my weaker moments I've considered trying out FIFA to see if thats any kop on PSP ... scarey but true.

GTA isn't really my cup of tea - too much action, too little strategy for an old git like me icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Marc i would recomend metal gear acid it is strategic and also cheap on play.com ,i rented virtua tennis and hated it . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm tempted to give Metal Gear acid a go, Virtua tennis I enjoyed a lot - possibly because its challenging but not fast enough that an old git like me felt it was impossible to play icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I too also have a pc,although i am neglecting it currently but its is a awesome handheld,i have pro evolution(the best!),gta(completed),metal gear acid(completed). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pro evo I loved but for me I'm cautious about recommending it because the load times drive me mad - even to the extent that in my weaker moments I've considered trying out FIFA to see if thats any kop on PSP ... scarey but true.

GTA isn't really my cup of tea - too much action, too little strategy for an old git like me icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Marc i would recomend metal gear acid it is strategic and also cheap on play.com ,i rented virtua tennis and hated it . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm tempted to give Metal Gear acid a go, Virtua tennis I enjoyed a lot - possibly because its challenging but not fast enough that an old git like me felt it was impossible to play icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all stop referring to yourself as an old git icon_biggrin.gif,Metal gear acid is a fun game honestly you'll enjoy it, icon14.gifpro evolution is good for trips,i do not have a problem with the loading times icon14.gif

I just didnt enjoy virtua tennis 2,it got repetitive ever so quickly and how dare you think about buying fifa angryfire.gificon_biggrin.gif,that is like championship manager icon13.gif suicide icon13.gif.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Medion:

...speaking of which...would we ever be able to run an online game for FMPSP? Even better would be if when you buy the game you could get a server only version to run off a PC that you and your mates would connect to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've got some plans for subsequent versions of the PSP game to utilise the connectivity of the PSP - however until we start pushing things on that side of the device we won't know exactly 'how far' we can take it ....

Archived