Can a player be trained to Natural in a new position?

I have found contradictory information everywhere I look.

i know what you mean...............it seems to work better if there isnt toooooooooooooooo much of a jump in position

ie asking a striker to retrain as a full back...well!!!!

but i have had great success in training a young midfeild player to become an international defender

From personal experience, but this is FM10, players CAN go from accomplished to natural. I usually always train my fullbacks to be versatile to play either side of the pitch. I have had players become natural on either side. They are very young when they start the training so maybe that helps.

From personal experience, but this is FM10, players CAN go from accomplished to natural. I usually always train my fullbacks to be versatile to play either side of the pitch. I have had players become natural on either side. They are very young when they start the training so maybe that helps.

yea thats one i always do a rb/lb great cover especially from bench got a german 15 year old lb trained him to be wbr/wbl became a monster in german team.....have to admit selling him to bayern for £10m as a 18 year old......wat a numpty!!!!

Can a player be trained to Natural in a new position? I have found contradictory information everywhere I look.

Yes.

How long he takes to attain 'Natural', how long he will stay 'Natural' once attained, and whether he can ever train to certain positions, could be down to several things. Versatility (hidden attribute) will play a big part, and the player needs to play matches in the new position he is training for.

Actually I will have to come back to this as I am knackered and can't think straight, but if you could mention some of this contradictory info. it might make it easier to sort it out.

Later

xxx

I have had both happen.

Like Some Guy! said, one player was a right midfielder only, I re-trained him to advanced winger position but couldn't let off the position training. Another player became natural after one-and-a-half seasons and stayed that way after taking him off the position training.

It is all up to the player's knack for training new positions, which is hidden information.

Yes, but in order to guarantee that they stay that way you have to keep them training in that position even if they play in it week in, week out...

Only if the player has a low versatility rating, i have re-trained a center mid to become a natural right back and i no longer have him training on the new position and in two seasons he has not lost the natural right back position.

I also made a thread a while ago where Aaron Ramsey was re-trained by the AI to become Europe's top right back.

He had a red dot at game start, so he was nothing in the position he plays now.

I will let you guess who it is though, but shouldn't be that hard:

fiorentinaformation-1.png

EDIT: Might be a bit hard, he might not be so well known. It's montolivo, he's a very important player, so I decided to play him in a very important position. He was red, took him half a season for competent, another half a season for accomplished, and another half a season for the full natural. He is still a natural mc as well, but I don't use that anymore, I still think he is an attacker, not a centremid.

Archived