Surprising 1st season in Premier League

I am on the way up, I'm playing as Leicester, won the play off's in the championship, I managed to pick up Downing from Villa, but some of the others either didn't want to come, or wanted too much money. Ashley Young went to Manchester United as he is now in the real world. Agbonlohor still at Villa, as is Darren Bent.

Villa are one of Leicester's rivals in the game, so not much movement between the clubs.

I am on the way up, I'm playing as Leicester, won the play off's in the championship, I managed to pick up Downing from Villa, but some of the others either didn't want to come, or wanted too much money. Ashley Young went to Manchester United as he is now in the real world. Agbonlohor still at Villa, as is Darren Bent.

Barry Bannan is worth a look.

What were Stokes results against the big teams like?

Villa are one of Leicester's rivals in the game, so not much movement between the clubs.

You got Downing to a newly promoted club, that's good work, I don't think I have ever seen that!

You got Downing to a newly promoted club, that's good work, I don't think I have ever seen that!

Paid through the nose to get him, needed a left winger, £2million signing on fee alone, plus he's my highest earner now. With Villa going down he'd requested a transfer.

I'm in October 2011 now on the game and Stoke failing to live up to the previous season, currently 10th after 7 games, already lost 3 of them, 9 points behind leaders Chelsea.

Interestingly Aston Villa are 18th in the championship with 12 points from their first 11 games.

Paid through the nose to get him, needed a left winger, £2million signing on fee alone, plus he's my highest earner now. With Villa going down he'd requested a transfer.

Still good work to get him, I bet there was more interest in him than just you. Shame that Stoke couldn't live up to previous seasons.

Aston Villa getting relegated is becoming increasingly more common. From screenshots that I have seen here and on other forums it's happening quite often. They were relegated on my network and managed to keep all of their players and so they absolutely dominated the Championship. Randy Lerner always sacks Houllier too late.

If this rang true to life, I would leave the UK and never return out of pure shame. :p

I would love this in real life I hate the EPL being won by the same two or three teams all the time.

I am surprised that there are not more posts like this given the thousands of games that are played.

I don't mind this sort of league table 10 years down the line but not in the first season. It makes you think the game isn't working properly if a club like Stoke can win the league ahead of a stack of teams full of great players. Who were the players of the season?

How does Stoke do in the Champions League? Do they beat Barcelona in a cold night at Britannia?

No such luck i'm afraid, pretty dismal showing to be honest, they failed to live up to any expectations in their second season. Here are their champions league results.

stokem.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Archived