+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Surprising 1st season in Premier League

Amateur

Default Surprising 1st season in Premier League

Just thought I'd share what I think is a shocking 1st season in the premier league, not seen anything like it in the many games I've played.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

First Team Squad Member

That's crazy never seen every team lose so many games and Stoke somehow took advantage. Also if you are on your way up Aston Villa would be a great club to get some players from.

Amateur

Looks like the top clubs had defensive issues but great work from Stoke!

Amateur

I am on the way up, I'm playing as Leicester, won the play off's in the championship, I managed to pick up Downing from Villa, but some of the others either didn't want to come, or wanted too much money. Ashley Young went to Manchester United as he is now in the real world. Agbonlohor still at Villa, as is Darren Bent.

Villa are one of Leicester's rivals in the game, so not much movement between the clubs.
    Last edited by Mark67539; 04-09-2011 at 10:33.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark67539 View Post
    I am on the way up, I'm playing as Leicester, won the play off's in the championship, I managed to pick up Downing from Villa, but some of the others either didn't want to come, or wanted too much money. Ashley Young went to Manchester United as he is now in the real world. Agbonlohor still at Villa, as is Darren Bent.
    Barry Bannan is worth a look.

What were Stokes results against the big teams like?

Amateur

That's awesome, I love when things take an unpredictable turn in FM, in my eyes it's boring when it's man utd and co challenging for the title every year.

Amateur

Villa are one of Leicester's rivals in the game, so not much movement between the clubs.
    You got Downing to a newly promoted club, that's good work, I don't think I have ever seen that!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    What were Stokes results against the big teams like?
    They did the double over both Manchester teams, only took a point off Arsenal, beat Chelsea and Liverpool at home, but lost away.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by CrD View Post
    You got Downing to a newly promoted club, that's good work, I don't think I have ever seen that!
    Paid through the nose to get him, needed a left winger, £2million signing on fee alone, plus he's my highest earner now. With Villa going down he'd requested a transfer.

Amateur

I'm in October 2011 now on the game and Stoke failing to live up to the previous season, currently 10th after 7 games, already lost 3 of them, 9 points behind leaders Chelsea.

Interestingly Aston Villa are 18th in the championship with 12 points from their first 11 games.
    Last edited by Mark67539; 04-09-2011 at 10:44. Reason: Villa update

Amateur

Paid through the nose to get him, needed a left winger, £2million signing on fee alone, plus he's my highest earner now. With Villa going down he'd requested a transfer.
    Still good work to get him, I bet there was more interest in him than just you. Shame that Stoke couldn't live up to previous seasons.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Barry Bannan is worth a look.
    Bannan now at Bolton, I missed looking at him was concentrating on Villa's bigger players. His stats for Bolton so far are impressive.

Aston Villa getting relegated is becoming increasingly more common. From screenshots that I have seen here and on other forums it's happening quite often. They were relegated on my network and managed to keep all of their players and so they absolutely dominated the Championship. Randy Lerner always sacks Houllier too late.

Part-Timer

If this rang true to life, I would leave the UK and never return out of pure shame. :P

Amateur
    Channon...nice touch there...oh look at this, Bobby Stokes...HIT WELL...

Quote Originally Posted by MattieCoopz View Post
    If this rang true to life, I would leave the UK and never return out of pure shame. :P
    Why? I think it'd be quite refreshing.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by MattieCoopz View Post
    I would love this in real life I hate the EPL being won by the same two or three teams all the time.

I am surprised that there are not more posts like this given the thousands of games that are played.

Third Team

Well done Stoke
    Wish something amazing like that happens on my game. Biggest surprise I've seen in the first season is Blackburn finishing 4th.

Amateur

Well done Stoke
    Wish something amazing like that happens on my game. Biggest surprise I've seen in the first season is Blackburn finishing 4th.
    blackburn finished 2nd in the second season on mine, was alan shearer managing them on your game aswell?
    Last edited by starburst91; 04-09-2011 at 23:49. Reason: forgot to add quote

Amateur

I don't mind this sort of league table 10 years down the line but not in the first season. It makes you think the game isn't working properly if a club like Stoke can win the league ahead of a stack of teams full of great players. Who were the players of the season?

Part-Timer

always thought stoke we're a good side on there...

Amateur

This is brilliant

As a massive Stoke fan, not sure I have ever seen them win the Premier League in FM11!

I have a save at home with AFC Hornchurch in 2028, going to have a look at the winners of the Premier League over the years

Banned

How does Stoke do in the Champions League? Do they beat Barcelona in a cold night at Britannia?

Amateur

Now, that is the question?

We need the OP to come back quick!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by athos View Post
    How does Stoke do in the Champions League? Do they beat Barcelona in a cold night at Britannia?
    No such luck i'm afraid, pretty dismal showing to be honest, they failed to live up to any expectations in their second season. Here are their champions league results.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by starburst91 View Post
    blackburn finished 2nd in the second season on mine, was alan shearer managing them on your game aswell?
    Steve Kean is still managing them. Since then they have finished 9th and 7th.

+ Reply to Thread