Complete Heartbreak.

Absolute meltdown in the Hardy household at the moment. Was in the process of building Peterborough into a great side, feeling as if I'd finally become addicted to FM for the first time in years, when the unthinkable happens...

At 2pm on the 20th August, my computer began running slightly slower than usual. 'No issue,' I thought, 'It must just be as I've been playing FM on it for four hours.' So, I turn the computer off and merrily skip about for the rest of the day, enjoying my summer holiday.

Yet, that evening, with the thought of my impending crunch-match with Man City sitting nervously in my head, I fired up the computer to get to work. Imagine my horror, therefore, when it transpired my Windows had completely died. After several re-boot attempts (and numerous texts to my mates explaining my fears that my file may be lost), ye olde reliable computer was shipped off to an expert.

Yesterday came the news that I'd been dreading: the computer had been fixed (Huzzah!) but I'd lost all my data. The reason? I'd been playing on FM so much this summer I'd worn a component of the hard-drive completely smooth. GUTTED.

I can't face firing up FM now. I re-installed it, but I know that if I dare gaze eyes upon the menus I may break down in tears, calling for now legendary striker Ishmael Miller to return to my arms. Me, the manager of Peterborough.

I've no idea why I wrote all this out, but I must share my pain with somebody!

:(

It's very tough. This has happened to me before (Well not that I had ruined my pc, rather I lost my save file) on FM06 i had guided Aldershot into the championship had created club legends the like. And then Bam it was gone. But it's a lesson learned I now create my save file, with a Back up save that I save the game onto every month and a back up 2 file that I save every season that is also save on my external hard drive. So that I always have somewhere to pick up from.

It's very tough. This has happened to me before (Well not that I had ruined my pc, rather I lost my save file) on FM06 i had guided Aldershot into the championship had created club legends the like. And then Bam it was gone. But it's a lesson learned I now create my save file, with a Back up save that I save the game onto every month and a back up 2 file that I save every season that is also save on my external hard drive. So that I always have somewhere to pick up from.

I went out and bought a new USB specifically for the same purpose earlier. This will NOT happen to me again!

This is a clear case of football-manager-ism; A form of poison that gets in to the blood stream after hours of consumption of the beautiful game that is FM and results in the failure, at first, of the computer followed shortly by the nervous system and mind of the beholder himself and often results in tears and large amounts of sadness and anger. Sometimes betrayal.

Many of us have faced a similar scenario, I have lost many a save to the dreaded hard drive failures. Minor ones, thankfully, that haven't resultd in a major fix or cost.

My dearest sympathies lie with you, Tim.

Totally feel your pain. Lost a hull city file on fm 2010 as i had to reinstall windows after a crash. Was so desperate to get it back i installed several file recovery software. Got so excited but it turned out the file had been corrupted; probably partly overwritten with something else as it was a large file.

Just try starting a new game. You'll be surprised how quickly you'd move on. You probably wont forget about your Peterborough boys but do you really wanna lose the memories?

Get a drop box folder.

It's online storage.

Download Dropbox.

Install it.

In "My Documents" there is a "Dropbox" folder.

Save all your games here.

If the computer breaks down, or you buy a new one, you can then reinstall dropbox on that new computer, and all your saved files will be there.

Use this link http://db.tt/OhYYiLK

Get a drop box folder.

It's online storage.

Download Dropbox.

Install it.

If the computer breaks down, or you buy a new one, you can then reinstall dropbox on that new computer, and all your saved files will be there.

This exactly.

Absolute meltdown in the Hardy household at the moment. Was in the process of building Peterborough into a great side, feeling as if I'd finally become addicted to FM for the first time in years, when the unthinkable happens...

At 2pm on the 20th August, my computer began running slightly slower than usual. 'No issue,' I thought, 'It must just be as I've been playing FM on it for four hours.' So, I turn the computer off and merrily skip about for the rest of the day, enjoying my summer holiday.

Yet, that evening, with the thought of my impending crunch-match with Man City sitting nervously in my head, I fired up the computer to get to work. Imagine my horror, therefore, when it transpired my Windows had completely died. After several re-boot attempts (and numerous texts to my mates explaining my fears that my file may be lost), ye olde reliable computer was shipped off to an expert.

Yesterday came the news that I'd been dreading: the computer had been fixed (Huzzah!) but I'd lost all my data. The reason? I'd been playing on FM so much this summer I'd worn a component of the hard-drive completely smooth. GUTTED.

I can't face firing up FM now. I re-installed it, but I know that if I dare gaze eyes upon the menus I may break down in tears, calling for now legendary striker Ishmael Miller to return to my arms. Me, the manager of Peterborough.

I've no idea why I wrote all this out, but I must share my pain with somebody!

:(

been there done that mate feel ya pain however since i lost a excellent sunderland save lge champs etc torres /rooney up front two words MEMORY STICK just save it every couple of days considering how cheap sticks are it saves all this heartache!!!

I share your pain, lost an FM08 save when my laptop died, had been with Shamrock Rovers for 38 years and was getting close to some European success.

We've achieved European success this season IRL...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-14674426

Shamrock Rovers have become the first club in Irish football history to reach the group stages of the Europa League.

Sure, it's not a trophy.. but it's a first :thup:

Get a drop box folder.

It's online storage.

Download Dropbox.

Install it.

Cheers for this. Signed up and saved my 2092 FM10 save. Think i would have to mourn if i lost this save.

Archived