+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Fifth Annual CSE Awards (Help Needed) & Discussion

Third Team

Lightbulb The Fifth Annual CSE Awards (Help Needed) & Discussion

Well it is that time of year once again and this year I have been asked to run the CSE Awards. I won't be able to do this by myself so I am coming here to ask for some help.

There are a few things that I am going to need help with:

Which Awards to Present Discussion - I need 3-4 people to help with a discussion over which awards will be presented.
    Assistance with Nominations & Shortlisting
    Assistance with Write-ups

So you can have an idea of what the ceremonies are like I have attached the previous awards shows below so everyone can check them out. If you want to help then post a reply below telling me how you are able to help etc, and I will PM those that I need. For the discussions we will need to have a 'meeting' via MSN messenger or similar, these would each be of up to 3 hours to clear up everything needed to be done, and would be at a time that is best for all we have involved.

Previous Awards Threads

FM10: Fourth Annual Awards
    FM09: Third Annual Awards
    FM08: Second Annual Awards
    FM07: First Annual Awards

So if you think you can help me out then post away and I look forward to hearing from you.

Third Team

Although I helped out last year (which was fun, btw. Well worth a go with these guys), I'm afraid I haven't spent enough time in CSE this year to make good judgement.

Good luck to everyone involved though.

Third Team

Thanks Ben, hope to see you back more regularly going forwards :P

Part-Timer

I probabaly couldn't help out with the 3 hour convos but i think that if it was just emails back and forth then i could! Especially with nominations, as i read ALOT of the challenge/signup threads.

So if it is just emails - yes
    3 hour msn convos - Sorry but dont have enough time.

Hope this goes well

Part-Timer

I'm in pretty much the same boat as glennuk. Can't really devote continuous time to helping, but I'd be more than happy to do what I can. I'm pretty sure I've kept up with the majority of threads in CSE so I'd be happy to help with noms/shortlists assuming I can do so on a limited timescale.

Youth Team
    If text kisses were real kisses, the world would be an orgy.

I'll put my hand up to help again this year if I can, I haven't been massively active though and like others I might not be able to spare huge amounts of time but I'll certainly help out if you need numbers. That said it's been a fairly quiet year for CSE so it might not take long.

Part-Timer

I can help up as well as much as I can even though I was not involved around as much as I'd like to be. All depends on my job time frame though Feel free to poke for help, I'll see what I can do.

Part-Timer

I would like to help with Nomination & Shortlisting and possibly with deciding which awards will be presented.

First Team Squad Member

good to see this is still going on :*) credit to op for doing this, it's pure effort. had wisla pretty much run mine behind the scenes

Third Team

When will these be announced? if ever?

Part-Timer

I suspect the feedback LLR has gotten so far has discouraged him from getting rolling. I thoroughly hope I'm wrong, but that would certainly be my reaction in his shoes.

That said, I'm still willing to help out in any way I can. I've kept up with a large potion of this year's CSE threads and while I really can't devote a lot of time to it (as I said before) I would like to help give something back.

Third Team

Sorry guys, but I will be getting this going shortly, I had a rather busy September which hit me unexpectedly on top of what I already had. I will be sending some messages out shortly to get the process rolling as quickly as I can.

I apologise for the delay with this, but still keen to get it up and going once more.

Banned

This is always a good idea, so lets hope it happens soon I'm not sure how I could possibly help, but if I can then don't hesitate to ask. I could probably do a 3 hour msn convo, but it would have to be on certain days and times when the GF is busy ;)

[Edit] Just realised that the last post was 12.10.2011!!! Guess it's not going to go ahead

Reserves

Will this be happening this year as it didn't last time? Would be happy to help with it.

Third Team

I am not sure Ri, the CSE forum is a lot quieter than it used to be, I could possibly run it similar to the Careers Forum, where I get a couple of guys together and we make a list of awards and then everyone can vote any thread/user for any award...this would probably be easiest method. Lets see what the response is like...putting it out there.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Lower Leagues Rule View Post
    I am not sure Ri, the CSE forum is a lot quieter than it used to be, I could possibly run it similar to the Careers Forum, where I get a couple of guys together and we make a list of awards and then everyone can vote any thread/user for any award...this would probably be easiest method. Lets see what the response is like...putting it out there.
    Definitely should happen imo, as I said I would be happy to help. I think a new thread my attract more feedback though, something like 'The fifth annual CSE awards (This time it will happen)

We could come up with a list of awards, and get people to nominate for the awards by posting in the thread. Any person/thread that recieves 3 nominations goes into the voting for that award. We can then have a separate thread for the voting.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    Definitely should happen imo, as I said I would be happy to help. I think a new thread my attract more feedback though, something like 'The fifth annual CSE awards (This time it will happen)

We could come up with a list of awards, and get people to nominate for the awards by posting in the thread. Any person/thread that recieves 3 nominations goes into the voting for that award. We can then have a separate thread for the voting.
    I'd be happy to help with the awards too.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by jimbowmanuk View Post
    I'd be happy to help with the awards too.
    I think I'll create a new thread outlining the idea and see if anyones interested, is that ok with you LLR?

Third Team

I think I'll create a new thread outlining the idea and see if anyones interested, is that ok with you LLR?
    Sounds good to me, but make the Nominating process by Personal Message, then one persons nomination doesn't influence another ;) I like the idea of three nominations gets them into the voting. We'll do it. Make a comment about it being for anything from the previous 2 years as well.

Reserves

Sounds good to me, but make the Nominating process by Personal Message, then one persons nomination doesn't influence another ;) I like the idea of three nominations gets them into the voting. We'll do it. Make a comment about it being for anything from the previous 2 years as well.
    Ok, i'll just create the nominations thread then!

will use the awards from previous times if their appropriate and might create some new ones.

Third Team

Ok, i'll just create the nominations thread then!

will use the awards from previous times if their appropriate and might create some new ones.
    Yup the list from last time would be reasonable.

Reserves

Yup the list from last time would be reasonable.
    I'll probably cut it down a bit if thats okay though (By this I mean I will try to group some of the more similar awards), 25(or so) awards seems a bit excessive considering the number of active users and threads.

Part-Timer

ri916 I've a couple ideas for awards, PM me the list your thinking and I'll help come up with the final list of catorgories

Reserves

ri916 I've a couple ideas for awards, PM me the list your thinking and I'll help come up with the final list of catorgories
    Pm me your ideas and I'll get back to you on which ones should be included mate as I'm starting to write the thread up.

Part-Timer

Pm me your ideas and I'll get back to you on which ones should be included mate as I'm starting to write the thread up.
    Your inbox is full it won't let me send the message

Reserves

Your inbox is full it won't let me send the message
    Now empty.

also the threads now up, but I have stated in it that Jim has a few more ideas so there may be a few more awards .

I don't mind running this on my own unless other people particularly want to help.
    Last edited by ri916; 23-08-2012 at 20:58.

Part-Timer

Now empty.
    Sent it now

Third Team

I am able to help, I think we only want 3 or so nominations for voting on for each award, so if we get more than that on one category maybe Jim, yourself and I could have an email convo and discuss any cutbacks that need making.

Anything else you need help with just ask

Reserves

I am able to help, I think we only want 3 or so nominations for voting on for each award, so if we get more than that on one category maybe Jim, yourself and I could have an email convo and discuss any cutbacks that need making.

I was going to put up the top three (by number of nominations) Nominees for each categories into a separate thread where people would pm there choice out of the three.

Part-Timer

Yeah it might have to be a case of taking the ones with the highest nominations, as opposed to just needing 3 nominations

Third Team

Sweet Top 3 by nominations is good

+ Reply to Thread