+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Football Manager Handheld + Android

Amateur

Hi, this is amazing news. Football Manager was the only thing left restricting me to iOS. (Galaxy S2 will be my new phone)

The part which I'm curious about is whether save games are transferable/convertible. I'm not too knowledgeable in the programming field but I don't think the save games would be able to be the same format. I really hope they are - my current save is legendary.

(Also, apologies if this has been already answered. I tried looking through all the posts, and I couldn't find an answer, but at the same time, it is 2:30AM )

Thanks so much Marc! Best developer ever!

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ragingbull View Post
    Hi, this is amazing news. Football Manager was the only thing left restricting me to iOS. (Galaxy S2 will be my new phone)
    The Galaxy S2 is actually the phone I use these days - so rest assured FMH has had a lot of (cough) testing on it

The part which I'm curious about is whether save games are transferable/convertible. I'm not too knowledgeable in the programming field but I don't think the save games would be able to be the same format. I really hope they are - my current save is legendary.
    They aren't really I'm afraid - the format is largely the same but unfortunately the database revision isn't quite the same which would mean it might load but the names would likely be messed up and I'd be unable to guarentee they'd be stable, sorry.

(I am hoping to 'sync' the formats for next years versions so people with say an Android phone and an iPad or vice versa can move saves between them - no promises though, thats just my brain talking out loud and I have no idea if its truly viable yet)

Thanks so much Marc! Best developer ever!
    Thanks very much for the kind words

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by elizbar22 View Post
    Thank you very much!!!!!!!! I waiting this day and every day read this forum . I have LG OPTIMUS 2X resolution 480х800 with Tegra 2 , I hope it will be work . Can you confirm Marc ? Thanks
    http://www.androidcentral.com/sega-t...comment-399044

in the image theyve used an LG optimus 2x for the screen shot (though from the sounds of it anything with 2.2 should work with this.)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mintvilla View Post
    http://www.androidcentral.com/sega-t...comment-399044

in the image theyve used an LG optimus 2x for the screen shot (though from the sounds of it anything with 2.2 should work with this.)
    Very nice !!!!! Thank you man .

Amateur

to be fair on android the only majorly used resolutions are 800x480 854x480 960x540 and 1280x800 with a couple of 1024x600 on lower spec tablets. Not too many to cover. Also couldn't we have the option of the strech even if it does look blurry?

Quote Originally Posted by tomdubs View Post
    to be fair on android the only majorly used resolutions are 800x480 854x480 960x540 and 1280x800 with a couple of 1024x600 on lower spec tablets. Not too many to cover. Also couldn't we have the option of the strech even if it does look blurry?
    I played around with various ways of scaling the application upward and found that the images and text (especially) looked really blurry and horrible on when this was done - or worse still 'stretched', its because the scaling wasn't 'regular'*. This blurring was to the extend where I didn't want to release the game with it that way because I was concerned that (1) it looked ****, (2) it'd give people headaches if they played for long periods.

For this reason I decided to go with using a variety of resolutions and then displaying the closest fit to a devices setup with centering if it wasn't a perfect fit. Post release we'll be monitoring feedback and I've got provisional clearance to add at least one additional resolution skin in during the support/update cycle for the game - but at present there isn't clear information upon what resolutions are the most common on the device (beyond 480x3280 and 800x480 which are obviously hugely popular and will already have dedicated skins) so we'll wait on feedback from you chaps before making the decision as to how to prioritise the development of these.

*ie. the ratio of x and y axis to full-screen wasn't the same.

Amateur

obviously im going to be biased and say id like it to be 960x540 as its my phone's res, but surely there will be a lot of complaints from people that its only covering part of the screen. Thats why I suggested its an option even if it looks rubbish

obviously im going to be biased and say id like it to be 960x540 as its my phone's res, but surely there will be a lot of complaints from people that its only covering part of the screen. Thats why I suggested its an option even if it looks rubbish
    To be quite honest - time will tell, ultimately if the game sells well then we'll do our best to do dedicated skins to all the major resolutions - but we've tested on a large variety of devices and it plays sensibly and sanely on them all.

Some people might be put off slightly by having a small black border* if their devices specific resolution isn't supported but its not something which we're hiding is the case and obviously its up to everyone to decide for themselves.

Amateur

Droid RAZR and HTC sensation have 960x540 screen res, so it will not work with our devices?

Semi Pro

It will work but it won't be full screen. The game will use the nearest resolution and centre it so you may have black lines around the game.
    http://fmhvibe.co.uk - The original Football Manager Handheld fansite

Reserves
    'If that rabbit won't run, get it out of the microwave' - F1 Predictions Champion 2007, 3rd 2006

I have a rather unusual tablet (Ainol Elf), I assume it'll still work fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Insanemadman View Post
    I have a rather unusual tablet (Ainol Elf), I assume it'll still work fine?
    It hasn't been tested specifically upon that device - but from what I can see of the specs on Wikipedia it should run fine on that, obviously in the unlikely event if you have any issues let me know and I'll get things sorted for you asap (one of the nice things about the iOS and Android handhelds is the fact we can do regular updates to our games).

Quote Originally Posted by romanista10 View Post
    Droid RAZR and HTC sensation have 960x540 screen res, so it will not work with our devices?
    Just to confirm what Dec indicated - the game will work fine on those devices, however it'll leave a small border outside of the game.

As I've mentioned elsewhere once the game is in the 'wild' we'll be listening to feedback and creating additional skins to support any popular resolutions which require it, frankly at present theres no way of knowing which resolution devices are the most popular with people who play our game.

Reserves
    'If that rabbit won't run, get it out of the microwave' - F1 Predictions Champion 2007, 3rd 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    It hasn't been tested specifically upon that device - but from what I can see of the specs on Wikipedia it should run fine on that, obviously in the unlikely event if you have any issues let me know and I'll get things sorted for you asap (one of the nice things about the iOS and Android handhelds is the fact we can do regular updates to our games).
    Awesome, cheers

Amateur

so is it just the 2 skins in atm then? 480x320 and 800x480?

How do I get it when it's out? I've not used Google Play before, will it be available via the Android Market?

Amateur

Google Play is the Android Market. They just rebranded it.

Perfect, thanks. Train journey's to work are about to get more interesting.....

Amateur

Just to confirm what Dec indicated - the game will work fine on those devices, however it'll leave a small border outside of the game.

As I've mentioned elsewhere once the game is in the 'wild' we'll be listening to feedback and creating additional skins to support any popular resolutions which require it, frankly at present theres no way of knowing which resolution devices are the most popular with people who play our game.
    aww okay u really need to add RAZR, its a great phone and Sensation has the same screen res. Will it be compatible with my Motorola Xoom?

I will buy it and write feedback so u can add support for the RAZR to I hope it works fullscreen on my Xoom, ill play it there untill u fix it for my razr
    Last edited by romanista10; 07-04-2012 at 22:44.

Amateur

From the way Marc has spoken about supporting various resolutions, I think we will find that this game will support a huge amount of Android devices and if it doesn't support a certain resolution from the start, then it will be added in a future update. If only more Android developers were this supportive with their product.

so is it just the 2 skins in atm then? 480x320 and 800x480?
    No currently there are three supported resolutions 480x320, 800x480 and an HD 960x640 - there could have been a 1024x768 resolution as well; but for some reason no Android tablet has a resolution with a height that large (yes I know there are 1024x768 Android tablets but in 'reality' they're not that resolution as 56 pixels of the height is used up by the 'menu' so they're 1024x712 (if they were originally 1024x768) or less if they're the more 'widescreen' tablets).

Post release we'll be ascertaining which resolution skins are wanted by people and what should be given priority (I'm expecting the first we do will be a full screen tablet skin, but it'll largely be down to the feedback we receive from people and I could be wrong).

Amateur

Hi Marc, Thanks again for doing this!

With regards the resolution issues, Google does actually publish statistics for the resolutions of devices regularly. You can find the chart here:
    http://developer.android.com/resourc...d/screens.html

And a table which allows you to translate the size/density labels into actual resolutions here:
    http://developer.android.com/guide/p...t.html#testing

As you can see, roughly 65% of devices have standard sized screens with a resolution 800x480 (or 854x480) followed by 20% with a resolution of 480x320, so it looks like you are already covering 85% of devices (in terms of resolution) from launch which isn't half bad!

The next skin to aim for is indeed a 1280x800 tablet which bring in another 6% although as you mentioned, you will need to take the on-screen menu bar into account.

I would suggest the next steps would be 960x540 to cover phones such as the Moto Razr and HTC Sensation & One S followed by a 1280x720 phone skin for the Galaxy Nexus and HTC One X.

Quote Originally Posted by cooliusxp View Post
    With regards the resolution issues, Google does actually publish statistics for the resolutions of devices regularly. You can find the chart here:
    Yes and no - while useful as a guideline that doesn't show the screen size in actual physical pixels (its a range for each category shown) but also importantly it doesn't sub-divide the information down into geographic region (ie. some resolutions may be biased because they're more popular in one territory than another - its people playing FMH we care about).

The next skin to aim for is indeed a 1280x800 tablet which bring in another 6% although as you mentioned, you will need to take the on-screen menu bar into account.
    The problem as I mentioned is that each category contains a range of resolutions the 1280x800 tablet range also contains 1024x768 and also 1280x768. So you're aware the tablet screens will already run a HD skin aimed at supporting all sensibly in the initial release (ie. its sized so it suits all tablets while not being 'full-screen').

I would suggest the next steps would be 960x540 to cover phones such as the Moto Razr and HTC Sensation & One S followed by a 1280x720 phone skin for the Galaxy Nexus and HTC One X.
    This 960z540 is a size we're considering for the future - but we'll wait and see what user feedback is like and what is requested before we make any firm decisions, simply put until we know more about our user base I think its best to wait ..

Amateur

Hi Marc! I have Sony Ericsson Xperia X8, (android 2.1 orginally) but I rooted it and install a custom rom and now I have Android version 2.3.7, resolution is 320x480 and I overclocked it to 729mHz. Do you think can I buy the game after release and play it normally without any lags or something?

Quote Originally Posted by konradstw View Post
    Hi Marc! I have Sony Ericsson Xperia X8, (android 2.1 orginally) but I rooted it and install a custom rom and now I have Android version 2.3.7, resolution is 320x480 and I overclocked it to 729mHz. Do you think can I buy the game after release and play it normally without any lags or something?
    I can't honestly say exactly how it'd play on that device as its non-standard and not something I've has experience with personally - I expect it'd be fine, the worst case scenario would be the match 2d display appearing a little 'jaggy' if it struggles to hold a smooth 30Hz frame rate ... but as I said its not a device I have experience with.

I would however expect it'd be quite reasonable on that device I HAVE experience with the game on a Samsung Ace which is a similar device resolution-wise and was a similarly 'budget' model released within around 6 months of your phone, the Ace has a 800Mhz processor of the same 'family' as yours so if only slightly faster than yours now its over-clocked .... obviously I can't guarentee thats the case though (if you do get the game please let me know how you get on with it as I'd be very interested to know).

PS - I am presuming you have an SD Card as your phones internal memory is somewhat restricted (128Mb) and would be too small for the games installation as that requires approximately 170Mb of space.

Amateur

Marc, I've got Galaxy Ace, what was your experience with it?

Cheers
    www.serbian-fm.net
    Come on you Irons!

Amateur

Very thanks for your answer Marc! SD Card is not a problem, I have 8 Gb, and also in my rooted phone I can install a game directly to SD Card. I played GTA3 but I had only 5-10 FPS. PSP had 300-400 Mhz, and FMH works fine on that. X8 had only 168mb RAM memory and I'm afraid it's not enough to play without lags. I can't wait! It's only 2 days left.

Quote Originally Posted by SkaldfraNorden View Post
    Marc, I've got Galaxy Ace, what was your experience with it?
    Cheers
    Works fine, although its obviously not as fast processing between days as the uber fancy new phones its still nippy and the 2d view holds a decent smooth frame rate as well.

Amateur

I've been waiting so long for this football manager in my android. In FM PC , I played since 2001.

by the way, will this FM work on my LG optimus black?

Thank you for the answer
    Last edited by gielvandanu; 10-04-2012 at 11:30.

Amateur

Just wanted to register to say thanks Marc, been a big fan of the game for years and am delighted it's coming to Android. Thanks for taking your own time tto develop it and am pleased your now an Android fan and user.

Looking forward to guiding Watford to the Premier League on my Samsung gs2 and Asus Transformer.

Quote Originally Posted by daz_2000 View Post
    Just wanted to register to say thanks Marc, been a big fan of the game for years and am delighted it's coming to Android. Thanks for taking your own time tto develop it and am pleased your now an Android fan and user.
    Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by gielvandanu View Post
    by the way, will this FM work on my LG optimus black?
    Yes the game should work fine on that device - its well in excess of the minimum required spec.

(it hasn't to my knowledge been tested specifically on that device - but I'm very confident it'll work without issue, obviously if anything does play-up then let me know and I'll get things tweaked asap)

Reserves

It's quarter past 12 and it's not even out yet. Disgrace!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie.Knox View Post
    It's quarter past 12 and it's not even out yet. Disgrace!
    I agree! :-)

Amateur

Any idea when we can expect it?
    Last edited by benffffffffffff; 11-04-2012 at 01:09.

Amateur
    Leeds United- at least until the world stops going round!, and on xbox live with the 360.GT=STANNY

This is awesome news! Cant wait to run this on my Galaxy Nexus!!

Quote Originally Posted by benffffffffffff View Post
    Any idea when we can expect it?
    Sometime in the afternoon UK time I believe - I can't give an exact time as this is our first ever Android title and we have no idea how long it takes to propogate to servers etc.

(but suffice to say I'll be surfacing between 5-6am here to try and ensure that I'm up and around to help things go as smoothly as possible)

Amateur

Well in Marc, and thanks.

Amateur

Looking forward to this. Should be sweet on my Xperia S.

Amateur

Can you not do the UI to scale to any resolution, as you do on the desktop one? I know it's more complicated due to varying pixel densities but it shouldn't be unworkable.

Amateur

Can see it on the market now!

Amateur

And bought!

Amateur

10$? Ha-ha.

Amateur

£6.99 here; so it's cheaper for you

Amateur

works out at about £0.01 per hour of game time :P

Amateur

Just downloaded the game, and loaded it up, and it needs to download extra data.

Understandable for a game of this size, and common for games, but how big is the "extra" download (in MB ?)

EDIT: "An additional data download will occur the first time the game is launched. The download size will be between 7-19MB depending on your device and will take approximately 3 minutes via WiFi, 6 minutes over cellular.)"

Answered my own question, no problems

Amateur

Seems a totally reasonable price to me. Havent downloaded it yet, need to clear considerable space from my Desire, hmm tough choices ahead.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Campbells View Post
    Seems a totally reasonable price to me. Havent downloaded it yet, need to clear considerable space from my Desire, hmm tough choices ahead.
    Why not install it to the SD card?

Amateur

A lot less than 3 minutes for me...

If you have an SD Card then the game will install the data to that by default - it will only install to the internal memory if you don't have one plugged in or the one available doesn't have sufficient space for the installation.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Quboid View Post
    Can you not do the UI to scale to any resolution, as you do on the desktop one? I know it's more complicated due to varying pixel densities but it shouldn't be unworkable.
    This has been covered multiple times on the forum; just leave feedback in your review and Marc&Co will get around to supporting additional resolutions if there is enough demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Quboid View Post
    Just to explain - I tried various scaling systems during development, trust me I'm lazy it'd have been far easier to do that then to detect and mess around with multiple skins

The problem is that scaling especially on non-clean multiples (ie. horizontal scale of 1.24 and vertical scale of 1.5 or whatever) leads potentially to huge blurring and stretching. The resultant image had really blurry text on certain devices which wasn't acceptable for release imho.

(hence the decision to take the approach which we did).

Amateur

Before I get too far into my save; does the lack of DLR mean that my wage budget at Prestatyn will remain fairly constant? If I consistently get Champions League football will I still struggle to attract top players due to my finances?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceirdiff View Post
    Before I get too far into my save; does the lack of DLR mean that my wage budget at Prestatyn will remain fairly constant? If I consistently get Champions League football will I still struggle to attract top players due to my finances?
    If you do well enough you could unlock 'Sugar Daddy' which brings a multi-millionaire chairman to your club - you'll still be a big club in a small league (so no signing Messi) but that'd help .... up to you if thats sufficient ambition for you or not.

Amateur

If I do unlock sugar daddy and 'cheat' in finances like that, if I then spent big bucks on players from other teams in the WPL (I presume at this point then most of the regens will be turning up in this division as it's active?), then will their spending increase accordingly or will they, as in older versions, bank the money against future losses?

If I do unlock sugar daddy and 'cheat' in finances like that, if I then spent big bucks on players from other teams in the WPL (I presume at this point then most of the regens will be turning up in this division as it's active?), then will their spending increase accordingly or will they, as in older versions, bank the money against future losses?
    To be honest I don't know as its not something I've actively tested - as I mentioned when you brought this up last week (you were running 2011 then I think) I'll look into this in the future and if required tweak accordingly (but at present tbh ensuring all devices run the Android game stably is my main concern).

Amateur

i HAVE it! i also will write review to support RAZR resolution

Quote Originally Posted by romanista10 View Post
    i HAVE it! i also will write review to support RAZR resolution
    Cool - thanks much appreciated; all feedback will be very useful

Amateur

Only have about 12mb free on internal at the moment.

Only have about 12mb free on internal at the moment.
    Does it indicate you can download? - I set a flag to say it can install to SD card, however I don't know if that works for the initial download or not (I don't have a device with that limited memory on here to test it with at present) ... it might be that the later OS revisions can bypass using internal memory fully (if so then please let me know as it'd be useful for other users as well).

Worst case scenario is you'll need 28mb of space for the initial apk download and then the rest will install to the SD Card (which will require another 160Mb or so).

Amateur

Ill have a look tomorrow, might clear my contacts to create more space. Will get back to you.

Ill have a look tomorrow, might clear my contacts to create more space. Will get back to you.
    Thanks - good luck

Amateur

@Marc Vaughan: I hope that the resolution for the Galaxy Note will be fixed, it is a shame not to play it on this phone's big screen in full resolution. The idea about a prompt message: "Would you like to exit?" also seems nice. Also, is it possible to introduce all monetary currencies as well as weekly/monthly/yearly wages? I have been playing with yearly wages since CM 01/02 on a different currency so I am really really confused right now with weekly wages in only three currencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Eborg View Post
    @Marc Vaughan: I hope that the resolution for the Galaxy Note will be fixed, it is a shame not to play it on this phone's big screen in full resolution.
    We'll be looking at additional skins/resolution support in the near future.

The idea about a prompt message: "Would you like to exit?" also seems nice. Also, is it possible to introduce all monetary currencies as well as weekly/monthly/yearly wages? I have been playing with yearly wages since CM 01/02 on a different currency so I am really really confused right now with weekly wages in only three currencies.
    I'll look into these in the near future, however please bear in mind that critical fixes will get priority initially before enhancements.

Amateur

Of course, I am aware of the fact that there is a lot of work to be done. Good work Marc on this one so far!

Amateur

I'll look into these in the near future, however please bear in mind that critical fixes will get priority initially before enhancements.
    Other games hide the menu bar so perhaps that could be done for FM?

Amateur

If the menu bar is the bar at the top, that is hidden?

Amateur

If the menu bar is the bar at the top, that is hidden?
    I'm on Honeycomb i.e. Android 3.2 since I have a tablet and the bar is visible at the bottom.

Amateur

@Marc cleared contacts today, took the market three attempts to install...which was their fault im sure. It was downloading then disappeared from my phone, no trace of it. Tried again and it worked. Only taking up 7mb after moving to SD.

Great work all involved, can see this destorying my battery

Amateur

@Marc, would it be feasible to implement some sort of Haptic Feedback in the user interface in a later update?

Mainly thinking of the formation screen where it would come in handy as an indicator as to whether I'm dragging a player icon correctly. I have fat fingers, so difficult to see the icons under them

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Vokes View Post
    @Marc, would it be feasible to implement some sort of Haptic Feedback in the user interface in a later update?

Mainly thinking of the formation screen where it would come in handy as an indicator as to whether I'm dragging a player icon correctly. I have fat fingers, so difficult to see the icons under them
    +1; the number of times I've got frustrated by this

Amateur

+1 Twice already I've unknowingly put a striker in goal at half time!

I'll take a look into this when I get a chance (its kinda complicated to do as the drag/drop is a custom layer on top of the UI, but I'll work something out - please be patient with me though, I'm kinda running around in circles at present ).

@Marc cleared contacts today, took the market three attempts to install...which was their fault im sure. It was downloading then disappeared from my phone, no trace of it. Tried again and it worked. Only taking up 7mb after moving to SD.

Great work all involved, can see this destorying my battery
    Glad its up and working for you - thats fantastic

PS - Generally with things failing to install/start on android I've found that a reboot of my phone works wonders to get things sane again.

Amateur

I'll take a look into this when I get a chance (its kinda complicated to do as the drag/drop is a custom layer on top of the UI, but I'll work something out - please be patient with me though, I'm kinda running around in circles at present ).
    Cool. Not to worry. More for the 'nice to have' list rather than an essential of course.

Really liking it so far!

Amateur

Glad its up and working for you - thats fantastic

PS - Generally with things failing to install/start on android I've found that a reboot of my phone works wonders to get things sane again.
    Yeh my phone has been tempermental last few weeks. I think it knows I'm looking at a newer phone...

Amateur

Firstly let me just say I'm loving the game so far! I have a couple of questions though and I'm not really sure where to post them so thought I'd put them in here.

1 - I read further up the thread that some attributes have been added together to save space, is there a list of which attributes have been combined somewhere?
    2 - I haven't played FMH since 09 (I think) and was wondering if you can change individual player instructions. I know you can change from advanced playmaker to box to box etc but there used to be a page where you could change pressing (yes/no), long shots (yes/no), cross ball (yes/no) etc... If you can't do this any more is there somewhere I can find out the settings for each role? I'd quite like to see if any of my old tactics that did well still work but I can't decide which roles match my old instructions.

Again, the game has been great so far, loving the simplicity after a few years of solely playing the PC version. Thanks for any help anyone can provide about the above questions.

1 - I read further up the thread that some attributes have been added together to save space, is there a list of which attributes have been combined somewhere?
    I think I've done a post about this previously - I'll try and rummage it up or write a new one at some point when things slow down a little, the two obvious ones are Pace and Heading obviously.

2 - I haven't played FMH since 09 (I think) and was wondering if you can change individual player instructions. I know you can change from advanced playmaker to box to box etc but there used to be a page where you could change pressing (yes/no), long shots (yes/no), cross ball (yes/no) etc... If you can't do this any more is there somewhere I can find out the settings for each role? I'd quite like to see if any of my old tactics that did well still work but I can't decide which roles match my old instructions.
    I'll scribble something up regarding this at some point in the coming week.

Again, the game has been great so far, loving the simplicity after a few years of solely playing the PC version. Thanks for any help anyone can provide about the above questions.
    Glad you're enjoying the game

Amateur

Thanks Marc that really would be appreciated

Amateur

Marc, when you say that attributes are merged what do you mean? Is it that an average from the FM attributes is taken before adding to the FMH database, or it means that both attributes are actually present (and effective) in the FMH game, but the visualization is combined?

Amateur

I would like to bring a problem with 800x480 tablet device, as i have set by default 120dpi on my screen game runs in small screen in center of it, and when i change dpi on my tablet to 160 it is on fullscreen. i got ICS 4.0.3 with status bar hide mod installed so i can use whole screen for the game. I guess it will not be hard to make it run 800x480 with 120 dpi setting, it's same resolution anyway, just other dpi.

Quote Originally Posted by tomt610 View Post
    I would like to bring a problem with 800x480 tablet device, as i have set by default 120dpi on my screen game runs in small screen in center of it, and when i change dpi on my tablet to 160 it is on fullscreen. i got ICS 4.0.3 with status bar hide mod installed so i can use whole screen for the game. I guess it will not be hard to make it run 800x480 with 120 dpi setting, it's same resolution anyway, just other dpi.
    The game asks the device its running on which resolution the device is - the game then renders that many pixels, on a bespoke tablet it should report what the real resolution of the device is and use that.

From what you're indicating the game is rendering a 480x320 skin and then you're scaling this up? - if this is the case then something is causing it to report a resolution which isn't 800x480.

I'd be happy to help - but I'd need to know what device you're using and what you've done to customise it (I've a DELL Streak here using standard software and thats fine in 800x480 resolution, so we have specifically tested this style of device).

Amateur

http://goclever.pl/goclever_tab_a73 <-my device,
    it is 800x480 native, it runs on 800x480 when i set 160dpi, it is not scalling up, but it runs centered on lower res when i set dpi 120,
    i have android 4.0.3 with sausage script mod that installs allwinner mod application that lets me change which dpi i use my tablet with
    you can change dpi with rooted phone by changing line:
    ro.sf.lcd_density=160
    in file /system/build.prop
    to other value and restarting it
    again, it does not look stretched when it is fullscreen, but it may just work that well, but fact is that its not on fullscreen with 120dpi @ 800x480

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

http://goclever.pl/goclever_tab_a73 <-my device,
    it is 800x480 native, it runs on 800x480 when i set 160dpi, it is not scalling up, but it runs centered on lower res when i set dpi 120,
    i have android 4.0.3 with sausage script mod that installs allwinner mod application that lets me change which dpi i use my tablet with
    you can change dpi with rooted phone by changing line:
    ro.sf.lcd_density=160
    in file /system/build.prop
    to other value and restarting it
    again, it does not look stretched when it is fullscreen, but it may just work that well, but fact is that its not on fullscreen with 120dpi @ 800x480
    Can you go to the credits page when the game is running on both of these settings and let us know the resolution that is indicated in brackets after the version number? Thanks.

Amateur

160dpi - WVGA
    120dpi - HVGA
    Also i checked it on other setting which is described as small phone and it's 240dpi and it says in game - WVGA

160dpi - WVGA
    120dpi - HVGA
    Also i checked it on other setting which is described as small phone and it's 240dpi and it says in game - WVGA
    OK, unless I'm totally misunderstanding how this works, it sounds to me like you're basically forcing the device to appear as being 600 x 360. We don't have a 600 x 360 skin or anything similar (as it's a deeply unusual resolution) so the game is giving you the 480 x 320 skin as that's the closest thing we have.

The problem is likely that the phone was 'set' as a smaller than 800x480 resolution (in the knowledge of the operating system) when you installed the game - hence the game installed the appropriate skin for that device.

If you want to use 800x480 full-screen then please uninstall the game and reinstall with the device in that resolution, the game will then install the correct skin.

(sorry but as far as I can see the game did what was 'sensible' in this case - its simply a by-product of your having 'hacked' the operating system and having it in a non-standard configuration)

Amateur

Nah it is ok when i switch dpi, it just downloaded new files and it is switching resolutions according to what dpi i set, on 120 it sets lower on 160 and 240 it sets higher one i got both set of resolution files downloaded on my tablet just i need to switch dpi and restart to play :P

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by cederic View Post
    There isn't a decent football management game available on Android. Please make us happy
    Minor update: Now happy.

I must say I'm planning on getting an android device shortly and this is on my must buy list.
    The phone I'm getting, however, is the Galaxy note. Seeing the game run on that screen at maximum resolution would be immense.
    But further up this thread someone mentioned they had issues with it, a shame.
    If I hear that the Galaxy note supports it in fullscreen, I will buy it straight away.
    I know other things take priority, but when this gets sorted I'll be the first one buying it. Any news?
    800x1280 - Note Resolution.
    Edit: I know the new update supports a higher resolution skin.
    Can any samsung galaxy note device users confirm if this works with the new update?
    Last edited by ascendedmike; 06-05-2012 at 19:09.

Quote Originally Posted by ascendedmike View Post
    I must say I'm planning on getting an android device shortly and this is on my must buy list.
    The phone I'm getting, however, is the Galaxy note. Seeing the game run on that screen at maximum resolution would be immense.
    But further up this thread someone mentioned they had issues with it, a shame.
    If I hear that the Galaxy note supports it in fullscreen, I will buy it straight away.
    I know other things take priority, but when this gets sorted I'll be the first one buying it. Any news?
    800x1280 - Note Resolution.
    Edit: I know the new update supports a higher resolution skin.
    Can any samsung galaxy note device users confirm if this works with the new update?
    Hi - the new skin's been tested on the Galaxy Note, it runs at 1280 x 720 so fills the full width of the screen and almost all of the height.

Quote Originally Posted by Alari Naylor View Post
    Hi - the new skin's been tested on the Galaxy Note, it runs at 1280 x 720 so fills the full width of the screen and almost all of the height.
    Thanks, you guys are legends!

I'll be picking up my phone on Saturday & I'll come here to shower you with more praise when I'm playing it.
    My stepdad JUST bought fm 2012 on steam the other day, he finally got a PC that could run it. He slapped his forehead when I told him he could have got it for his phone. DOH! I think he'll be buying it for his samsung galaxy aswell!

Looking forward to joining in with you lot.
    - Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2