Players refusing to go out on loan

I'm managing a club in Ireland and I'm doing very well with them, i.e. regularly playing in Europe. Now I've managed to get a few decent prospects from my youth intake and they are at the point where they are too good for the youths but nowhere near being good enough for the first team.

One is good enough to play in the top flight in Ireland, the other 2 would do well in the first division but all are refusing to go out on loan despite all looking to gain experience on loan. Even a loan move to Shamrock Rovers was rejected!

Where is the "if you dont go out on loan, you are ruining your career" option? Is there anyway of talking sense into these players?

Some players will reject going out on loan completely. On their page does it say feels he is too good to go out on loan or whatever it is? That maybe a reason. Another possible reason could be rivalry. If you're trying to send them to a rival club or a club that could be seen to be challenging you for the title they may reject going out on loan. There isn't anyway of trying to persuade them to go out on loan that I know to. So the best you could do is to give them games when it doesn't matter.

They are all hoping to gain first team experience from going on loan, I said that in the OP.

The player decent enough to play for a top flight club in Ireland has now rejected a loan move to Bury in npower Football League Two.

I have been giving them all a few cup games but i rather they play a full league season for a club, they are nowhere near being good enough for my first team tbh but too good to be playing youth football, I dont think they'll develop much as things stand.

I think it's reputation getting in the way again. If you are one of the top sides in Ireland, your youngsters should not be rejecting offers to go out on loan to other top sides in Ireland (assuming Shamrock Rovers are still roughly as good as they are in reality - i.e. a top-tier Irish club).

This is an area of the game that needs looking at. I can't imagine many youths standing up to their manager with regards to being sent on loan - you certainly don't hear about Arsenal or Manure's youths refusing to go on loan to Scunthorpe.

I have only very rarely seen a player benefit from going on loan, even when they play well and in their 1st 11. I see a player's development flatline a bit and think: he needs 1st team experience. I send him on loan (using FMRTE to temporarily boost the other team's reputation so that he wants to join if necessary), and get him back exactly the way he was when he left - at best.

This is because the coach setup at other clubs are terrible, since they look at reputation and not DMT+coaching ability when they hire coaches, and if they have two Fitness coaches both of them are selected for both categories (at least that is what it is like when you take over).

Yea, the standard of coaching at other clubs would be completely dire in comparison to what I have. In other saves I've seen players go out on loan come back looking very much the same but I believe thats because any improvement is negated by the reduction in training and training levels. When the do return and resume better training I always see a big attribute jump within weeks.

Bar FMRTE, there is no loophole for me to use, is there? I just have to keep dumping them into cup games and a few league matches to compensate. Grrr

I have only very rarely seen a player benefit from going on loan, even when they play well and in their 1st 11. I see a player's development flatline a bit and think: he needs 1st team experience. I send him on loan (using FMRTE to temporarily boost the other team's reputation so that he wants to join if necessary), and get him back exactly the way he was when he left - at best.

This is because the coach setup at other clubs are terrible, since they look at reputation and not DMT+coaching ability when they hire coaches, and if they have two Fitness coaches both of them are selected for both categories (at least that is what it is like when you take over).

Youngsters develop best thru' successful first team football, and most are only going to get it on loan. It's your job to secure a loan spot, good enough for your player, taking all of these drawbacks into account.

This won't solve the real problem of them refusing to go, and even after the effort of finding the best placing I am not angry with the youngster who refuses, but with SI.

Yea, the standard of coaching at other clubs would be completely dire in comparison to what I have. In other saves I've seen players go out on loan come back looking very much the same but I believe thats because any improvement is negated by the reduction in training and training levels. When the do return and resume better training I always see a big attribute jump within weeks.

Bar FMRTE, there is no loophole for me to use, is there? I just have to keep dumping them into cup games and a few league matches to compensate. Grrr

I have seen this too. Will this mean that they have had their CA raised but not "used it" yet?

Archived