Football Manager 2012 Announced!

LONDON (August 11th, 2011) – Sports Interactive Ltd. & SEGA® Europe Ltd. today unveiled the latest version of their successful football management simulation series, Football Manager™ 2012. Planned to be in stores before Christmas, Football Manager 2012 will once again allow you to take charge of your favourite football team and put your managerial skills to the test.

The award-winning Football Manager series has now sold in excess of 7 million copies worldwide and has topped the UK and many European PC charts for the last seven years, with over 108 weeks at no.1 in the UK to date.

“We’re delighted to finally be able to start talking about Football Manager 2012” said Miles Jacobson, Studio Director at Sports Interactive. “It’s another year of evolution, with some revolution thrown in for good measure so we’re pretty sure our dedicated communities, and hopefully lots of new people too, get to play and enjoy the game when it’s released later in the year.”

Counting over 800 new features, not including changes to the rules of the games 50+ leagues, Football Manager 2012 promises to be the most realistic, immersive and playable football management simulation ever for any fan who has ever dreamed of making the big decisions, both on and off the field.

Key new & improved features for Football Manager 2012:

Transfers & Contracts – significant changes to the transfer and contract systems, including loyalty bonuses, better implementation of amateur and youth contracts, an improved transfer centre and the ability to lock areas of the contract negotiation when you aren't prepared to budge. This helps you to manage your budgets and gives you flexibility in what you offer money hungry players, or agents, as incentives.

Scouting improvements – using several real life scouting reports, a new in-game report has been devised which includes squad analysis, tactics information and information about goals scored and conceded alongside lots of other scouting improvements, giving you all the information you need to prepare before kick-off and throughout the season.

3D Match Improvements – new animations, a whole new crowd system, improved weather system, more stadiums, plus two brand new cameras - "Behind Goal" and "Director Cam" as well as all other camera angles being reversible - meaning you can watch and analyse every aspect of every game.

Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.

Tone – a whole new level has been added to team talks and conversations, with the new tone system, which allows you to specify the way you want to say things – be as cool as a cucumber by saying things calmly or throw tea cups around by saying things with passion. There are 6 different tones to choose from with specific comments per tone.

Intelligent Interface – a new adaptive layout system, which means the higher your screen resolution, the more info is easily at your fingertips. The new interface also contains new filters, customisable columns, a new tactics screen, and lots of new overview screens.

Brand New Tutorial – standing separate from the main game, a mode to help new players find their way around the game easily, whilst also offering tips to experienced managers on how to get the most out of the game, as well as a new in-game “how to” system.

On top of these key innovations, there are lots of areas of the game that have had huge improvements, such as the media system, press conferences, the youth system, newgens, the social networking options, friendlies, international management and many more which will be detailed in a series of video blogs over the coming months, alongside more information about Football Manager 2012.

Get a sneak peak at the new game:

Screenshots:

http://www.footballmanager.com

You can also find all the screenshots from every territory on our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=262490537615

Intelligent Interface Video:

[video=youtube;9iTXka94ePc]

3D Match Engine Video:

[video=youtube;stoveU0utQ4]

3D Match Engine Video (Goalkeepers edition):

[video=youtube;eOWqgi2Dnw4]

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds good.

I can see some horrible bugs resulting from the adding new leagues though, for some reason. I hope not!

nothing about being able to directly shout at/praise/attempt to motivate from the touchline still though? the current 'touchline shouts' are anything but.

Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.

This sounds superb :thup:

w0000t.....didn't see any mention of tactical improvements in there though.

On top of these key innovations, there are lots of areas of the game that have had huge improvements, such as the media system, press conferences, the youth system, newgens, the social networking options, friendlies, international management and many more which will be detailed in a series of video blogs over the coming months, alongside more information about Football Manager 2012.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. amazing feature for people with worse PCs

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. amazing feature for people with worse PCs

Not neccesarily, because when you add the extra nations, it'll still require you to have the RAM and processor to run them. Same as it would at start of game - wouldn't it? :p

EDIT: Anyone know if there is a youtube video released/due to be same as last years announcement?

Not neccesarily, because when you add the extra nations, it'll still require you to have the RAM and processor to run them. Same as it would at start of game - wouldn't it? :p

But you could remove them as well. You could have a game where you play in every country with only one being loaded at any one time.

But you could remove them as well. You could have a game where you play in every country with only one being loaded at any one time.

exactly. and I wonder if we will receive job offers from playable unselected countries

The two big things that stand out are the 'Manage Anywhere, Anytime' feature, which has to be one of the most requested features of all time! Fantastic!

The scouting improvements are also long overdue and something I'm looking forward to checking out.

I hope that something has been done on the tactics and training side of things though. Especially training, which needs an overhaul. In addition to this, I'd like to see more work on the tactics creator and the ability to customise and make your own settings!

wooow the 3d match engine looks tip-top!!! of course its still work in progress so it will look better when it's done, but looks wicked so far, liking the new features in the game. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all i want for christmas is you ooooowwwww babay! LOOOOOOOL!!!!

is there still more features that haven't been annouced yet, or is this all the new stuff????? :)

wooow the 3d match engine looks tip-top!!! of course its still work in progress so it will look better when it's done, but looks wicked so far, liking the new features in the game. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all i want for christmas is you ooooowwwww babay! LOOOOOOOL!!!!

is there still more features that haven't been annouced yet, or is this all the new stuff????? :)

and breath :D

Yes yes yes!

Sounds great so far SI, can't wait for the new game to come out!

that'll save me alot of restarting games :D, tho hopefully won't bring a ton of bugs, can picture how hard that'll be to code :)

Love the playable nations idea.

The only other thing I wanted this year which I wanted was contract interviews.

For example before your contract agreements you had a private chat with the player and could then try to convince him to come to your club. It would be a lot more realistic; if you seem not ambitious enough, or too unrealistic a player might reject you or ask for a higher wage. If you appeal to their personalities they might give lower wage demands or actually give you the chance to offer a contract when they previously wouldn't. As long as this was done properly it would be a lot more like real life, sometimes players reject bigger teams if they think they are investing in youth, or that the manager and club seem ambitious.

The other ideas, whilst being good are just aesthetic. So bring this idea in play naaaaaw.

Not being too negative, but i will be buying this in January - February time for two reasons, 1) I'll wait for the final patch thankyou, and 2) My PC blew up in November right after i bought 11 and only just been able to afford a new one so happy playing 11 for a while. Looks nice though!

Archived