+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2012 Announced!

Youth Team

You can keep playing FM11 even if you have FM12 installed...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Tyson View Post
    You can keep playing FM11 even if you have FM12 installed...
    Oh, how very witty of you...

Youth Team

Thanks I'm here all week

Probably to do with the file structure and database addresses which FM11 file would be looking for something and the FM12 database would be structured differently.

Amateur

One thing i've always wondered is why the game doesnt come out annually in July to coincide with the beginning of the new football season. That's when football mania starts and i imagine many gamers want a new version of the game.

The patch updates would be less annoying too, cause transfers are going on anyway and people will want to restart the game to play with their teams new signings.

So release the game beginning July, have a patch in August if needed and the last one 1st September including a transfer window database update.

That schedule would make so much more sense to me.

Reserves

It really wouldn't make much sense to release a game that will already be out of date by release date in all the major leagues, and then make people wait 2 months for a patch with an updated database for the actual start of the new season.

Amateur

Just a couple of things that would enhance my game playing for FM2012 would be the ability or option to offer long serving players the chance to have a testimonial, I always create a friendly game or tournament with there former clubs and call it a testimonial for players like I have a bond with in the game, as I enjoy transfer deadline day IRL as it is one of the most exciting days of the season for me maybe more emphasis could be put on this day with agents harassing you with players or your players trying to force through a transfer maybe and a major mispleasure in the game for me is the inability to loan good players to good sides, i.e with any big club I manage I find it nearly impossible to loan very good and highly rated youngsters to other PL teams, Ive tried loaning Lukaku, Torje, Munian all internationals etc to clubs and not a single PL club offers to loan them from me which is totally unrealistic in my view

Youth Team

Is there going to be better interaction with the media? It's bordering on diabolical right now.

Will there be a bit more of a fuss made when you achieve something that would be incredible in the real footballing world? It's all such an anti climax.

Will the club legend status get sorted out? Do the treble two years running and be favoured personel whilst somebody who scored 20 goals in his first season is above you. Then leave the club and be an outcast. These little things have a big effect on the game, in my opinion.

Not the be all and end all but little things can make a big difference.

Loads of other little things that I can't think of right now.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPanda View Post
    I'm glad about improvements here, hope they work out as well as we all hope. I would love to see a transfer centre tab that shows something similar to this below. Would make deadline a bit more interesting I think:
    love this!

Amateur

It's available for pre-order now on Steam, 30 quid though. Do I pay that now and guarantee to download it for Day 1 or get it for ( probably ) closer to 20 quid in Tesco/Play and probably get it lost in the post? Decisions decisions

Amateur

Just been looking at tactic video. Finally player instructions are to each player so you don`t have to keep changing them for each tactic.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard boy View Post
    Just been looking at tactic video. Finally player instructions are to each player so you don`t have to keep changing them for each tactic.
    That's one of the biggest things to be changed, imo, and a point completely lost on some people Anyway glad someone else sees the advantages of this

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Tyson View Post
    That's one of the biggest things to be changed, imo, and a point completely lost on some people Anyway glad someone else sees the advantages of this
    Can you please give an example, I really don't understand.

Thanks !

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    It really wouldn't make much sense to release a game that will already be out of date by release date in all the major leagues, and then make people wait 2 months for a patch with an updated database for the actual start of the new season.
    well the way it works now is that the season has started but we're all still playing with an old version of the game rather than the new one. i'd rather start the new football season with a new game. just seems like much better timing to me

Part-Timer

The only reason that SI would change from what has been an incredibly successful release strategy would be if they could guarantee that doing so would massively increase sales over a sustained period (like say, oo I dunno? 23 years? :whistle: )

Semi Pro
    Our integrity sells for so little, but it's all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us

Quote Originally Posted by mightymanager View Post
    Can you please give an example, I really don't understand.

Thanks !
    If you have a tall target man and a small poacher up front swapping positions, every time they swap they take up each other's playing roles and instructions making them less effective as things are. In fm12 the tall target man will stay a target man with the correct tactical instructions and ditto for the poacher no matter which positiion up front they are in at any one time.

Amateur

Two things which may have been answered already.

1) Ability to choose at the start of the season how much of your remaining transfer budget you want to use to pay off debt. So you get £50,000,000 and only spend £35,000,000. The remaining 15m goes towards paying off debt.

2) Ability to buy up the rest of a clause whenever you feel like. e.g.

You purchase Messi for £100 million pounds over 48 months in season 1.
    At the start of the 2nd season you have £50 million pounds for transfers, but you do not want to buy anyone. You go to the clauses section and lets say you owe a remaining £80 million. You click on the Messi transfer and a box is shown which lets you enter an amount of money. You could opt to pay off £10 million right this second to reduce to monthly outgoings, or you could pay off £45 million to really take a chunk out of it.

Messi is a bad example due to the transfer value I used. If it was something more like £20 million you could pay off the whole lot.

There would have to be something in place to stop clubs like Man City abusing this. When you spend all the transfer funds, the chairman seems to (in FM11) randomly give the club cash injections.

Amateur

where is this tactics video?
    cheers

Amateur

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...-Tactics/page2 <- in there is the link to the tactic video

Part-Timer

http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...-Manager-Blogs

and this is a link to all of the blogs so far

Semi Pro
    Love Big Ron story..Gary Birtles gets knocked out pyhsio tells Ron Birtles doesnt know who he is..

Quote Originally Posted by Sharinel View Post
    It's available for pre-order now on Steam, 30 quid though. Do I pay that now and guarantee to download it for Day 1 or get it for ( probably ) closer to 20 quid in Tesco/Play and probably get it lost in the post? Decisions decisions
    £25 on zavvi

Part-Timer

2) Ability to buy up the rest of a clause whenever you feel like.
    This is already in the game. Whilst you personally cannot pick which clause to pay off, if you chairman has good business rating then we will arrange for one of the clauses to pay off. Comes up in the Monthly Board Update or just goto clauses through the transfer screen. Randy Lerner always want me to pay Bents international clause off early for a little less than what is set.

Amateur

Are long shots, 1v1's, long throws improved in the Match Engine?
    Last edited by pauly1616; 15-09-2011 at 08:39.

Amateur

Hopefully ridiculous managerial appointments will not happen. like paul jewell becoming england manager same with sackings. fergie and wenger retiiring in 2013 when that isn`t gonna happen. the appointments and sackings need to be more realistic.

Amateur

cheers for the links

Amateur

Sir Alex retiring in 2013 isn't exactly unrealistic? Bearing in mind he'll be 71 at that point, obviously he seems like he'll go on forever at the moment but he could well retire in 2 years time if he gets the Champions League back.

Amateur

The first thing I'll check will be whether the recurring 'Belgian' issues have been fixed: the newgen naming issues and the impossibility of editing the league.
    Then I'll look at the new functions (of which some look pretty interesting)

Part-Timer

Yeah, I've been thinking about things I'd like to see fixed too. Nothing really that major to most people maybe but it really annoys me that the clock since last save resets itself at 24 hours instead of going into days (and weeks) like it used to in FM09.

I'd also like to see fixed the annoying problem of the screensaver turning the sounds off, or even just leaving the preferences>display & sound page without pressing confirm and then hitting the back button, which also turns them off.

Things like menu ordering in a player's training screen (which could be the fault of my skin, granted) - I hate having to scroll right down to the bottom of ALL of the available schedules to create a "new schedule" right down at the bottom, why can't it be the first item?

I know they're only minor cosmetic things, apart from the sound, but things like that shouldn't be that difficult to fix should they?

Amateur

I wonder if they added the Copa Argentina that started playing this year. I'd like to play it in FM 12

Amateur

Question. How long does the team get to together to work on a new game? Is it a year-round thing?

Youth Team

I would say that even right now they are finalising FM12 - but I suspect that some members of the team have already begun on FM13.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    I wonder if they added the Copa Argentina that started playing this year. I'd like to play it in FM 12

I wonder too. I recall that the database cut-off date is the end of the European summer transfer window (Aug 31), and the Copa Argentina kicked off... coincidentally on Aug 31. I imagine it will be in, as the format and calendar have been known for some time.

Amateur

are the changes in the russian league already included in fm 2012? im talkin bout the moving to winter season

Amateur

new game looks great!! keep up the good work!!

First Team Squad Member

Well done on fixing up the regional pricing on Steam. It's half the price that FM11 came out at here - indeed, it's actually cheaper than FM11 is currently!

Amateur

Is there going to be an Improvement in the Financial System .. I am 20 years into the Game and my team keeps getting the same amount as prize money since year 1 for winning things and as the TV rights .

The Player Wages are going up and so is my Wage Budget but the Prize Money hasnt increased even a single dollar .

Realistically the Prize Money will be probably tripled or atleast doubled in 10 years and the TV rights money will be increased even more .

Amateur

Working my way through this thread so I don't know if it's been asked or mentioned but does anyone know if there will be a slight change to the Private Chat options in the Development>Training Level areas? Right off from the start when you choose that line of chat there is only two options to choose from which are both negative ones saying that the player needs to train harder if they want to get in the first team/remain at the club. I have had the option of saying that they have trained well but this is VERY rare that this has come up and I'm presuming it's only come up if you have spoken to the player previously about upping his training level.

For me, there should be the positive chat options for training right at the start of this chat section as well as the two negative ones. I'm kinda hoping that that will be altered because at the moment you cannot praise the player for training well (unless you have already had a chat with him previously telling him to improve?) when you should be able to do that.

Amateur

I just shout at them about their training, all the time, no matter how hard they're working. They're pros, they can take it! Also, it improves their morale and genuinely seems to show better results in the training levels screen.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Shake Appeal View Post
    I just shout at them about their training, all the time, no matter how hard they're working. They're pros, they can take it! Also, it improves their morale and genuinely seems to show better results in the training levels screen.
    or you break them and they are never the same again? ;)

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by BharadwajNaidu View Post
    Is there going to be an Improvement in the Financial System .. I am 20 years into the Game and my team keeps getting the same amount as prize money since year 1 for winning things and as the TV rights .

The Player Wages are going up and so is my Wage Budget but the Prize Money hasnt increased even a single dollar .

Realistically the Prize Money will be probably tripled or atleast doubled in 10 years and the TV rights money will be increased even more .
    Some leagues prize money has to be hard coded into the game due to licensing issues.

Looking pretty good!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    Some leagues prize money has to be hard coded into the game due to licensing issues.
    Damn , thats bad . But if there's nothing that can be done about it , we'll have to get on with it without it .

Thanks for the clarification .

Amateur

Will there be a demo?

Part-Timer

Yes there should be a demo, dont know when though

Part-Timer
    somewhere in Malta at the current time of reading

A demo is usually released when the game goes gold, around 2 weeks before release date usually. Nothing has been confirmed but this is going by past experience.

Semi Pro

Main thing i want to hear news on is if there is any network improvements been made for FM12, i've asked on Twitter but no one will give an answer, it's like it's some top class secret so come on SI, at least give us network players a small hint that somethings been improved.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by taylorsmen View Post
    Main thing i want to hear news on is if there is any network improvements been made for FM12, i've asked on Twitter but no one will give an answer, it's like it's some top class secret so come on SI, at least give us network players a small hint that somethings been improved.
    clearly perfected It and are making us wait for the good news.... well one can hope xD

Amateur

The manage anytime/anywhere addition sounds great but would appreciate a bit more info about what jobs may become available, depending upon how your game is set up.
    I normally play long career game with England, Scotland, Italy, France and Spain set as playable leagues. Will job vacancies still crop up and may I still be approached for job vacancies in non playable leagues? Will leagues need to be minimum of view only for job opportunities etc?
    If you were hoping to have chance of Real Madrid job, say, when it became vacant would the Spanish league have to be set as playable?
    Would be good to have some clarity on how anytime/anywhere works re job offers etc.
    Increase in game speed would be good but trade off may be lack of job offers and, presumably, smaller player database (playable leagues add more players than view only leagues).

Amateur

And to add to that:
    If it's true that the country (I think I understood that it's complete countries that can be switched on or off, not the individual leagues) needs to be loaded to get job offers from clubs of that country, does that mean I can load several countries temporarily in June to await offers, and switch all but my current country off again on... let's say August 1st?
    Or do I need to load a country for an entire season (which will make this method less convenient)?

Thinking of job offers: Will it be possible in FM12 to show interest in jobs of clubs who fear their manager will leave at end of contract (or consider not renewing his deal) so that one can take over at end of season? Same goes for clubs offering me jobs while their under pressure manager is still in the seat, kicking him out when I accept? That's probably the way things work out normally don't they. Manager in trouble -> reputable manager is approached in secret and accepts -> manager get's the boot.

In FM11 only my interest can get a manager fired and myself in the hotseat, but when I do nothing, nothing happens. I'm never approached by clubs that still have a manager, however precarious their position is. Still I get tons of messages saying clubs consider their managers future or fear them leaving at end of contract, but I can do nothing with those news items really. Players can sign pre-contracts, why can't managers. Happens in real life..

I think it would be realistic if I fail at a club (or the board thinks so) that the board tells me:
    "Sorry lad, time for a fresh face this summer. You may start looking for another job, cause after July 1st you're out of here and we've got Ruud Gullit to get your job" (foolish choice off course ;-))

Or: "Hi there, would you like to take the hotseat at our club when our current managers contract finishes this summer? We fear he will leave/we won't renew his contract/he's singned a contract at another club already".

Or I go: "I read in the papers that you might have a vacancy at your club in summer due to your manager probably leaving. I want you to know I'm very much interested if it becomes available. Please let me know asap so I can arrange things at my current club and give them the chance to find a replacement".

Or I go: "Hi board, I was approached by ManU to take over when my contract ends. I'll finish the season off course, but don't expect me to renew my deal. I've loved my time here at Biggleswade Town, but hey, It's United we're talking about here.. You understand don't you.".

Hmm, maybe one can add to that: "Hi board, that contract of mine.. I've just been offered double that wage at Woodley Sports for next season. How about doubling my salary or I'm out of here when my contract ends".
    Last edited by ommerson; 20-09-2011 at 14:34.

Amateur

So it's coming out on 21st Oct then .. another month to wait

Part-Timer
    somewhere in Malta at the current time of reading

Have the dates for data lock been set yet? Especially in regards of managerial movements and free transfers.

Lurker

Hello, i want to ask you which localizations will be available when it's comming out. Will be there Czech? (is't important to know to me before i pre-oreder it)
    Thank you.

Thinking of getting a new laptop for the new game.

What kind of spec. would I need in order to run the game to it's full potential. (Quite a few active leagues, full match day engine graphics, etc)

Any help very much appreciated.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNoseCairns View Post
    Thinking of getting a new laptop for the new game.

What kind of spec. would I need in order to run the game to it's full potential. (Quite a few active leagues, full match day engine graphics, etc)

Any help very much appreciated.
    Ask in here mate. Whilst it's the FM11 thread, you will probably get more responses .

Cheers for pointing me in the right direction mate.

Amateur

any demo news?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by salahuddin View Post
    any demo news?
    There will be something on the forums when the demo's out or there is an announcement .

Amateur

I have a question Very important question.
    Is the Montreal Impact already on the MLS?

I know is still a month to go but i need to know

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by trusty View Post

Nope they won't be in MLS in FM12.

L'année prochaine!

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by trusty View Post

Having looked at Wikipedia, it seems that they won't be involved in the MLS until 2012. SI have said before that they can only put teams in from the year after iirc. So they won't be in until FM2013.

Amateur

No f away another year... waiting for this unreal...
    Ok i still have to buy the game but cmon....

Ne peut pas attendre une autre année!!

Amateur
    In a hobbit house in the side of a small hill

I will not be buying this game, staying with FM11 for the forseeable future.
    Last edited by Lord Rowell; 29-09-2011 at 23:33.

Amateur

AI is the single biggest issue for long term games. No amount of fluff will be bale to disguise it if it is not there. I enjoy taking the long view and building a team to greatness, but the challenge is greatly reduced once the majority of the teams are populated with newgens. If I survive the first 2 years with any team, I find myself reminded of a matrix quote (slightly amended for the purposes) "Can you hear that? That is the sound of inevitability. That is the sound of your dominance". I really would like things to be a little harder in the long run. If they have to add an "expert mode" so be it...

Part-Timer

What does "when the game goes gold" mean?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Rubentus_Juventus View Post
    What does "when the game goes gold" mean?
    it means that game is ready and is in the last step of developing, going in manufacturing ;)

Part-Timer

cheers mate!

Amateur

only 3 weeks, wish the demo comes tommorow^^

Amateur

Looking through the features of the game.

Will there be a feature to export in a FM2011 saved game?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by PLD3009 View Post
    Looking through the features of the game.

Will there be a feature to export in a FM2011 saved game?
    I don't think there will. Due to the differences and new features each game has, I'm sure it would be quite difficult. It may happen one day in the future though.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ely-matty View Post
    it means that game is ready and is in the last step of developing, going in manufacturing ;)
    Still will have to wait till 3rd patches to play it fully.

Semi Pro

Where is the cheapest place to reserve the game?

so far I have found it at £25.85 with free delivery at zavvi

Subs Bench
    I'm not sure what four nines does, but the ace, I think, is pretty high.

£24.99 with a pre-order price guarantee on Amazon.

Part-Timer

"Release candidate" is now with SEGA. Which means, if it passes, demo will be next weekend & release date stays October 21st.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Rubentus_Juventus View Post
    "Release candidate" is now with SEGA. Which means, if it passes, demo will be next weekend & release date stays October 21st.
    Finally, I love when the demo comes out. :-)

Amateur

Lightbulb iPad?

I don't know if this is a reasonable question or not but I wanna learn if FM 2012 would be available or playable for iPad or not?

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Ozitr View Post
    I don't know if this is a reasonable question or not but I wanna learn if FM 2012 would be available or playable for iPad or not?

Oztir
    Football Manager Handheld will run on ipad and will be available from the App store but the full version will not be available!

Amateur

But we'll get the latter anyway?

Reserves
    Granada, Spain @GranadaCdeF_en & @HeathISF Editor: InsideSpanishFootball.com

Amateur

MILES ON TWITTER

#FM12 is officially gold & will release on Oct 21. Demo still planned for the weekend - if that changes, I'll tweet about it.
    Last edited by Kriss; 05-10-2011 at 16:32.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by willdavey View Post
    Oztir
    Football Manager Handheld will run on ipad and will be available from the App store but the full version will not be available!
    Thanks for the answer mate. I will be looking forward to it ;)

Amateur

I know it doesn't happen often, but when I'm on an "apply-to-all-jobs" holiday my messagebox quickly gets filled with all the news concerning the clubs I automatically applied for. Those clubs apparently end up in my subscriptions, and stay there also when those jobs are taken bij another manager already. So 3 months onward I have hunderds of uninteresting messages to plough through, when I'm only intersted in the reaction to my application. If I don't get the job, that club is not interesting to me anymore.

The same goes for players I scouted by the way, once scouted they stay in my subscriptions, also when I havent shortlisted them because they were judged as not intersting by my scouts. I have to actively unsubscribe them if I don't want all the messages concerning those players, while it seems more logical that I actively subscribe players when I find them interesting enough to monitor, not the other way around.

So my suggestion would be: Jobs I show interest in or apply to (and players I scout), shouldnt be transferred to my subscibtions automatically. Removing junk from my subscribtions is annoying. If I want to be kept up to date with certain clubs or players I will actively subscribe to them.
    Last edited by ommerson; 06-10-2011 at 09:20.

Amateur

i have one enquiry don't know where to put this and i did not want to start a new thread so

this is it if i created a basque league in fm11 it will work fine however athletic bilbao will be in ruins since of the hardcoded second nationality only rule will have all their best players leave for nothing on a free with no chance of extending their contract since they are not basque? what? even their youth intake half of them i can't even give a contract to when i joined them in 2020. in 10 years of playing they only won the basque cup once and never won the league,

its annoys me since whats the point of making a basque league if their best team gets ruined and there is nothing you can do?

what am asking is will that be fixed in 2012 edition though i highly doubt it.

Amateur

I am very impressed with the demo. I think this is the biggest leap since 09. Great job

Part-Timer

I really like the Sky Sports HD on the advertisements boards, makes the game that bit more realistic. well for me anyway i love little details like that.

Amateur

Defo the most polished pre-patch fm in years.

In the "Opposition Instructions" screen is there a way to set a customised view with the "Pkd" (what position they've been picked for)? I can pick "position" (what positions they can cover reliably) but not the other one.

Amateur

I cannot play my game the "Match" Button is grayed out

any ideas?

Amateur

Demo is good, with some glitches offcourse. (Small font and Space for rent at higher resolution being best of them)

Waiting for 21st.

yes Demo is really good i like a lot ... even if i always liked FM series. But i have to admit that this DEMO is really good and give me a really good impression on me.
    Just a question about the BOX. This year ... i don't understand. Will be just the download option on STEAM or On SEGA?

Tnx
    Marco

Part-Timer

You can buy a boxed copy. It will install both the game (from the disc) and Steam.

Star Player

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Borghesi View Post
    yes Demo is really good i like a lot ... even if i always liked FM series. But i have to admit that this DEMO is really good and give me a really good impression on me.
    Just a question about the BOX. This year ... i don't understand. Will be just the download option on STEAM or On SEGA?

Tnx
    Marco
    Anyone know where box is available in US. Not on Amazon and can't buy from Amazon UK

Amateur

Just a quick question. How do i load the game i have saved on the demo when i get the propper game in 2 weeks? cheers

Part-Timer

You just copy/move it from the demo's savegame folder in Documents/Football Manager 2012 Demo/games/ to the one for the full game in Documents/Football Manager 2012/games/ then use the usual Load Game option in-game.

Amateur

Can any of the SEGA guys maybe say when the activation keys will be sent out to the sellers, so they can in turn send them out to us end users and we can activate the game prior to the 21st an hopefully take part in the pre loading of the game?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Rhazmuz View Post
    Can any of the SEGA guys maybe say when the activation keys will be sent out to the sellers, so they can in turn send them out to us end users and we can activate the game prior to the 21st an hopefully take part in the pre loading of the game?
    Steam is the activation key, the game will only be available when steam make the game available.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    Steam is the activation key, the game will only be available when steam make the game available.
    What I mean is for SEGA to make the activation codes for 3rd party sellers, such as shopto or greenman available before the 21st, so that these sellers can send us customers the code, and we can apply them to STEAM a few days before the 21st and then get the pre load of the game same as if we had bought it via STEAM. Should also lighten the load on the servers come the 21st.

Part-Timer

Why do Liverpool only have a kitty of 2m in FM12?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Boy View Post
    Why do Liverpool only have a kitty of 2m in FM12?
    prob because kenny has spent a fortune this summer, remember the budgets are calculated after this summers transfers, so the budget has already been spent this year.

Part-Timer

remember the budgets are calculated after this summers transfers, so the budget has already been spent this year.
    why do i keep forgetting that every new FM game?

Amateur
    Lost... And also naked.. Do you know where i live?

prob because kenny has spent a fortune this summer, remember the budgets are calculated after this summers transfers, so the budget has already been spent this year.
    Would be nice to have an option where you can do a before or after transfers start. Some will like the new signings but others will be dead set against them so the option idea may hold some water but not entirely sure how easily it can be done, maybe just an alteration of the start date or perhaps just the chance to confirm or reject the real life transfers and go from there.

Part-Timer

what is the scouting pool? how does it work?
    also is it best to but a player in "conditioning" when he is injured and or comming back from an injury?
    Last edited by Davey Boy; 13-10-2011 at 02:38.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast