+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2012 Announced!

Semi Pro
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by Fookison View Post
    I was unsure about that as well. But very happy with some of the other offerings. Looking forward to more announcements and additional features being outlined.
    I suspect Director Cam will be a combination of all the other camera angles that can be assigned by a view editor to particular areas of play, eg for a corner you could select "behind goal", normal play maybe "TV view" etc (but I may be wrong).

Or maybe it is a "Directors Cut" type thing, where you get a bonus 10 mins of stuff editid out because no one wanted to watch it...or maybe alternative endings.... :-)

Amateur

Will the improved graphics ask more of my laptop? It handles the FM11 graphics ok, I hope it will do the same with FM12. I fear a slight increase in required graphic specs will ruin it for me..

Amateur
    Ipswich (Aus) - Queensland NPL Researcher

I love prospect of Manage Anywhere Anyime - it means you can keep the game trim when managing at lower league levels and only bring in the top leagues of other countries once you get some promotions. So once you need a Belgium feder team, you can turn Belgium on.

Amateur

@Miles Jacobson Is there a new feature where you can eye gouge the opposition staff!

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SRFC2010 View Post
    @Miles Jacobson Is there a new feature where you can eye gouge the opposition staff!
    Manager Options - Ruin Spanish Football

Good afternoon, I am a forum moderator general Portuguese, and all our members enjoyed the FM 2012 had personal life, because we can not earn wages and enjoy the same and I think that would give more life to the game. Also squeamish players that we could buy for half of their season ticket or even going to buy players to "bits" ... ex: 50,65,70%, etc ... Pass that player ... Would make the game even more real

PS: Sorry about my bad English but I'm not there very good at expressing myself in English

Amateur

For next FM it is about time to make a HUGE overhaul of the sound engine. When was it last updated? Ten years ago?? Specifically, we need lots of proper crowd noises for the lower leagues!

Part-Timer

People actually play with the sound on?

I just listen to music or watch tv at the same time.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley21 View Post

What? There's sound as well?

Amateur
    Greenock, Scotland, Xbox Live - scott maclean2

Same, first thing i do when i buy FM is turn the sound off lol.

Amateur

I have a request for FM 12.

I want you to put in an option to say to your players that if they shoot instead of passing to an open player who will 100% score that you will take their wages for punishment. I'm sick of players shooting it in the stands instead of passing for a certain goal.

Amateur
    Greenock, Scotland, Xbox Live - scott maclean2

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasCro View Post
    I have a request for FM 12.

I want you to put in an option to say to your players that if they shoot instead of passing to an open player who will 100% score that you will take their wages for punishment. I'm sick of players shooting it in the stands instead of passing for a certain goal.
    100% sure this will not be included

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ScottMac View Post
    100% sure this will not be included
    Why the hell not?
    Well maybe not wage punishment but a warning.

Managers can do these things irl.

Part-Timer

Aye but real life doesnt have a match engine, in reality players have countless things they can do, theres a limit to how many outcomes the ME can simulate.

Part-Timer
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    http://footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/ind...ots_%28FM12%29

Click on the image once to make it full size, then again to make it have its own page. Then, zoom in by pressing the image again. The images should be easy to read then
    Thanks a lot!

Amateur

Tone – a whole new level has been added to team talks and conversations, with the new tone system, which allows you to specify the way you want to say things – be as cool as a cucumber by saying things calmly or throw tea cups around by saying things with passion. There are 6 different tones to choose from with specific comments per tone.
    Yesssss! I finally get my Peter Reid button!

Part-Timer

Drooling over the screenies....and once again Im getting wrapped up in the hype and getting excited!! Every year I say I can wait til xmas and every year I run to get it on release day! lol

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by SRFC2010 View Post
    Where's the "like" button!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by JR866Gunner View Post
    Drooling over the screenies....and once again Im getting wrapped up in the hype and getting excited!! Every year I say I can wait til xmas and every year I run to get it on release day! lol
    Ugh same, even when theres a poor version ill run out and buy the following game the next year.

I had about 19hours of playtime on FM08, my lowest on any FM by at least 500 hours, i just never liked it. Yet come release day i bought FM09 without a second thought.

Curse you SI!

Banned

I'll play the demo and see how it goes, FM11 runs too slow even on my Sony Vaio even though I have 5 stars for speed for FM11. I still can't see why SI can't get the game running quicker. Seems to actually go slower each year.

Amateur

They're unwilling to fully embrace multi core technology, despite 99% of their userbase having dual core at an absolute minimum

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    They're unwilling to fully embrace multi core technology, despite 99% of their userbase having dual core at an absolute minimum
    last time they did a poll, turns out this was not the case at all. The majority were still on 32 bit. Most FM were technologically behind the average gamer.

Banned

Wrong.Many people play only FM on low-specs.

Part-Timer

When will SI release more pics and videos?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by SGartz View Post
    I'll play the demo and see how it goes, FM11 runs too slow even on my Sony Vaio even though I have 5 stars for speed for FM11. I still can't see why SI can't get the game running quicker. Seems to actually go slower each year.
    Start system rating is flawed in FM 10 and FM 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyzer Soze View Post
    In September.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Keyzer Soze View Post
    In the future.

Amateur

Curious, with your announcement of higher resolutions, can we now play this on eyefinity/nvidia surround on 3 screens without making the graphics go wonky? I always wanted to play on one screen and have the screens either side have reams of stats

First Team Regular

But the real question still is.

Will there be a manager dot?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by themadsheep2001 View Post
    last time they did a poll, turns out this was not the case at all. The majority were still on 32 bit. Most FM were technologically behind the average gamer.
    Whether it's on 32 or 64 bit has nothing to do with whether it's single core or not.

And being low spec doesn't mean that you don't have dual core

Amateur

Honestly, they could just throw out single core all together. dual core is A SIX YEAR OLD TECHNOLOGY, it's absolutely bloody insane anyone would still have single core processors(three years is a massive time in computer terms). Same goes for 64 bit. It's time old things start getting phased out by games, at this rate, windows will get rid of 32 bit and non multi core support before SI does(And i'm willing to bet it's going to do it with windows 9). No excuse whatsoever not to include even basic support for it, running two matches at the same time? A small thing that would give a huge increase in performance. Imagine what an increase an 8 core processor would do if the game were optimized for that.

Whether it's on 32 or 64 bit has nothing to do with whether it's single core or not.

And being low spec doesn't mean that you don't have dual core
    most dont (or didnt at the time) and many play on low spec computers. No reason for them to significantly increase requirements unless they are sure the majority are dual core.

Amateur

So does this means we can set any future start date for our new games ? That would make for some very interesting scenarios !

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by duduric View Post
    So does this means we can set any future start date for our new games ? That would make for some very interesting scenarios !
    Pretty sure it doesnt mean that.

Semi Pro

I would enjoy a sort of difficulty level as mentioned plenty times. Moderate - How it is now. I find it fairly difficult at times, then I find it easy so I wouldn't change to say an 'expert level' for every game but having that option would be excellent. What I mean by say an expert level is that every part of FM gets taken into account. In my current save, I'm 30 seasons in with Sutton United. I've won everything and still have and pretty much all I do is click through the season, buy the best young players at the start of the season and etc...AI never seems to improve. I even sell my best players in peak years and weaken my squad each year!

Expert mode would cover things like, training schedules and what are done in them affects players and teams more, scouting, instead of scouting for 1 match and having a report that is 99% right telling you a perfect recommendation of how good a certain player will be, far more scattered results, which means developing a player, well firstly scout may have got it completely wrong and there is just little potential in the lad. Or sending certain players out on loan is good for them/bad for others, not sure about individual tutoring and how realistic that is? some lads benefit from being exposed early, some don't. Depending on hidden characteristics. At the moment, it feels like I can buy the best youngsters and make them all into the player I want them to be, where really, it's so much different and less predictable.

Expert mode has AI teams constantly improving, changing tactics, building teams. Instead of me having a tactic for 15 years that never fails, I have to tweak it regularly to keep performing, tweak it even for matches because I know if I just go into a game with the same tactic, the AI will smash me because they have improved so much and built a great team. Rather than me feeling like I have an ultimate undefeatable tactic even with players who maybe are the best in the world but aren't stupidly above the rest. Finding the right players to settle in has far more effect, personality clashes, team building etc....i.e. expert mode covers every aspect and if you want to be successful at the VERY TOP, you have to everything right, in terms of regular/expert mode at lower divisions, there should be difference but not huge but at the very top, it should be about then being a top manager. I don't think winning the league with just about anyone after so many years because you have bought the best players is that difficult.

To be fair, I understand that's extremely difficult to do I imagine, having such a change in difficulty but it would be good in the future. I'm sure people who spend loads of time on FM to do everything right, as much as they strive for success on the game, they do it so well on the game they have stupid success. For example my mate who does everything, reads everything tactical etc...he wins everything with teams like Spurs within 3 years. He's done lower league games and won the Prem in 4 years with Ipswich. He says it gets to the point he don't want to be that successful, he'd rather struggle a lot more than he's doing.

Thankfully for me, I don't spend as much time doing every part of FM so my results are mixed bag so when success comes, I am far more happy with it but you can see why people would want it harder and at times I do. In reality, I have a few tactics that I could pull out and win things but I don't have full success because I regularly try different things, different tactics never done before etc...but could you imagine someone in the Prem just changing their tactic because they know it's too easy with a certain tactic? apart Guardiola who's probably getting fed up

so yes, I'd like the difficulty raised to stupid levels at the very top end of the game, meaning only the most thinking FM managers about can achieve success on the 'expert level' and I think that would provide a great challenge for many on the FM boards and they can't complain because they have the 'moderate' level to fall back on.

Apart from that, I'm interested and look forward to the new aditions, especially adding playable leagues.

Part-Timer

Expert level would be absolutely amazing, but sadly it will never ever happen. Its just sad that SI seem to think a one size fits all policy works.

Expert level would be absolutely amazing, but sadly it will never ever happen. Its just sad that SI seem to think a one size fits all policy works.
    Not sure its just that, "expert mode" seems to cover what we have all been craving, a much stronger AI. something which is easier said than done. It would be nice to implement some sort of difficultly level, not a personal choice for me, but it would make sense given the diversity of the people who play the game.

Part-Timer

Well yeah superior AI is obvious but if you take a look at the tactics forum its full of total noobs, how would they ever manage a game if their opponents could actually build up a decent squad. I have a sneaking suspicion that SI will never make AI squad building as good as it should be just so they keep the casual audience happy.

Well yeah superior AI is obvious but if you take a look at the tactics forum its full of total noobs, how would they ever manage a game if their opponents could actually build up a decent squad. I have a sneaking suspicion that SI will never make AI squad building as good as it should be just so they keep the casual audience happy.
    I dont think that is the case, SI are one of the few that genuinely seem to care. And in any case human players will always have an advantage over the AI. Besides its the hardcore who generally seem to keep coming back each year, wouldnt make sense t eventually alienate them for the casual gamer.

In any case, unfair to judge until we get our hands on the demo, i live in eternal hope

Amateur

What a great feature to manage everywhere you want. But I hope the match engine in the video is still not finished yet because I don't see any crossing-heading goal except 1 from indirect free kick.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by jayatsena View Post
    What a great feature to manage everywhere you want. But I hope the match engine in the video is still not finished yet because I don't see any crossing-heading goal except 1 from indirect free kick.
    well the video doesnt show many things.. but that doesnt mean they arent there - I'm sure they will release many videos of the next weeks/months

Youth Team

I hope this year's ME got the full back crossing, striker heading at goal back from 2010. I miss it, as it is completely gone in FM11.

When talking about improved AI, I don't think it is too difficult to make the good AI managers do things right. After all, if any good human manager gets rid of useless staff, useless players and set up an efficient tactic from day one - why shouldn't Mourinho, Guardiola and company do the same? The TC tactics that is loaded into the database as standard tactics are so poor and inefficient that it doesn't really matter how good the players are; any veteran FMer would easily surpass them after a few attempts. And there are many veterans!

If AI managers stopped taking reputation into account and started looking at star ratings of both CA and PA (both players and staff) like we do, started taking ALL attributes into account not only the key ones from TC just like we do, stopped having their players waste time and possession by passing irrelevantly between themselves in the midfield before shooting from distance and instead making sure that they score - just like we do (SI why don't you just remove the long shots slider - let it be covered by the attacking mentality and PPMs instead, that is more realistic since the first thing I've done since it was implemented a long time ago is to set it to rarely; shots from distance are poor decisions in all cases even though they score on them). Let them know what players constitute good tutors and use them on everyone who needs it just like we do.

And for God's sake make sure that they manage their team in a way that prevents them from having a whole team of ineligible players this time around!

Amateur

Then I'm probably with that 1%. I play FM on a low-end netbook (PB Dot) and any increase in minimal specs (especially graphics) would be the end of my FM-days..

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    Basically we're aware that FM occasionally encounters problems running on dual-graphics card machines. We've actually gone out and purchased some of the laptops we've come across on these forums suffering these issues to try and get to the bottom of this issue. When we have more of an idea I'll try and let you know. To be honest you've tried the majority of solutions I would have suggested, so I'd say for now continue to play on your Intel card if you can and we'll try and get this resolved. Apologies you've encountered this.
    Please tell me this problem has been solved?

Amateur

I only hope for FM12 they can include a "cancel change tactic" button. How many times have you prepared your final substitution and while it is waiting to change, you get a red card or an injury. Or a goal for that matter. It shouldn't really be that hard...

Part-Timer

I have great respect for SI, I like that they are a company that genuinely interacts with it's fanbase, it is for this reason that I am going to voice my concern.

I have been an FM-head for many years and I have loved the game over those years but I feel myself becoming increasingly disillusioned with the game. The reason being the aforementioned AI team building skills or the lack there of. I enjoy long term games but this enjoyment is seriously marred by the inability of the AI to compete with me, it is depressing to watch the once great teams of world football fade into mere spectres of their former selves. This seriously impacts on ones ability to immerse yourself into the game world, once the illusion of immersion disappears you're simply left looking at numbers on a screen (not that fun).

Creating that suspension of disbelief is absolutely crucial for me, FM needs to make me forget about the fact that I am playing a game, they have to make me forget about all the mechanics underpinning the game, they have to make me feel that I am truly competing in the cut throat world of football (whilst not making it too real, I don't want to get fired every few weeks). For me personally the one main thing that prevents me from losing myself in this game is the sheer ineptitude of every other football club out there, BAM I remember it's a game when Man Utd buy Messi from Barca in the second season. This is for the vast majority of your user base a solo adventure thus they have to rely on the AI to immerse them in the game.

I am sure it is very difficult to code the AI properly without creating too hard a challenge but if you managed to tackle the issue of the AI I think you will have an absolutely amazing game on your hands and you'd have at least one more paying customer back(I didn't bother with FM 11)!

Anyway who knows, maybe you will stun me and announce something in the future.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio MVP View Post
    Start system rating is flawed in FM 10 and FM 11.

In September.

Irrelevent. My laptop is one of the highest spec you can get with I7. FM runs so slow on any computer I have seen. This is why i may not get it this year, I am not spending half my time watching a processing bar.

Semi Pro

You've been there then!

Part-Timer

Irrelevent. My laptop is one of the highest spec you can get with I7. FM runs so slow on any computer I have seen. This is why i may not get it this year, I am not spending half my time watching a processing bar.
    Tell me, what is slow for you?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by pigfacemonkeyman View Post
    You've been there then!
    Hah, wheres that "like" button when you need it.

But yeah, are you saying you haven't? I dont download custom skins but ill admit to looking in that forum just out of curiosity

Amateur

I think this year i am not buying it.. Well at least not on the day it comes out..I prefer to see comments and see..I bought this game since it came out in 90's and got every single copy since then.. However, the game doesnt give me the same satisfaction as before.. in fact i stopped playing FM 11 since 4-5 months and stopped reading forums too..

Reasons why i am cold to towards the game this year :

a) I am sure it will be full of bugs.. For ex : President of A team is going to be the president of Rival B team..
    b) Media System - I am fed up answering to the same questions .. Repetitive.. After 10 years he left my team, what do i think about his return ??? All the time same questions..same answers..
    c) Transfer System is never enough.
    d) Game gets very boring after couple of years.

It's good to have new features coming obviously every year.. for example, dynamic reputation last year and ability to add/remove leagues this year are fantastic additions.. But those i mentioned above are all always there and it makes it boring for me..

First Team Squad Member

I've spent hours reading threads in there! Some fantastic advice and insight into the game.

Amateur

Can we have details for the Director Cam? This is perhaps the most interesting novelty.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerhgrrrrrr View Post
    I suspect Director Cam will be a combination of all the other camera angles that can be assigned by a view editor to particular areas of play, eg for a corner you could select "behind goal", normal play maybe "TV view" etc (but I may be wrong).

Or maybe it is a "Directors Cut" type thing, where you get a bonus 10 mins of stuff editid out because no one wanted to watch it...or maybe alternative endings.... :-)

Amateur

Excited about the manage anywhere feature. I just hope concacaf gets some love. Specifically the caribbean nations.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawk1106 View Post
    Excited about the manage anywhere feature. I just hope concacaf gets some love. Specifically the caribbean nations.
    Do they play football there then?

Amateur

will there be player photos available to download for the premier league players? I do LOVE this game, but it takes up a lot of my time! but i do get a lot of enjoyment out of it, but i must say - the training wasnt very user friendly. it didnt seem to flow, and wasnt very easy to use, it was quite awkward.

and for the private chats - when you comment on a players training - you cant tell them that they are doing well and to keep it up? perhaps there could be the option of sayin "keep it up and i'll give you a run in the first team" ???

and i hope that it wont be so impossible to make the big signings! i found on FM11 that i would have great difficulty buying a player who is valued at £12M for anything close to that, but an AI team could buy easily!

and when it comes to the contracts, when a player refuses to talk to you, it would be good if they could say why, such as: a)you havent won any trophies for a while b)your team is poor quality c)too many players in the same position, i dont feel i would fit it etc etc so that there is more interaction with the players!

i have already pre ordered my copy of FM12 though!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by HTL View Post
    it is depressing to watch the once great teams of world football fade into mere spectres of their former selves.
    I agree with that! I am into 2015-16 season on FM11 with Arsenal, and manchester united have gone right down the pecking order, with a team of pretty poor quality! I have also found it very easy for me to get players from rival teams - i have got many high profile players from rival premier league teams! i had to pay a bit in excess to get them, but in reality they are transfers that would never happen! although it means my team can be better, it takes away from the reality! and also i find trying to buy a player from barcelona or real madrid is a waste of time as the 100 million buy out clause is something i cannot come close to, which means even though messi is now 28 and valued at 12million, my offer of 35million made no affect! it doesnt seem very consistent to me in that respect! hopefully it will be part of the improvments of FM12!?

Amateur

Wow. so happy to see this especially the tone to your team talk what a great idea. rather than giving us 25 optional team talks for 1 situation you menu it out. can't wait to see that letting us more and more manage and play the way we actually want really want to just sleep till early november and get the game!

Amateur

Will there be a records system I.E:

British, European and World record transfer fee?
    World longest and fast goal?
    Player records like....Most consecutive games scored in, played in and worst disipline for a player in a season?

And all the other records you could try to beat also make the media pick up on these also and get questions on breaking certain records.
    Would make the long term game more bearable.

Any chance of getting some of that in for 2012 or is it way to late Miles????????

Youth Team

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

One piece of evidence proving that the AI managers fail to handle the morale/motivation "engine". I am sure there should be no problems finding many others.

First Team Regular

My personal take on the advertised changes and how they fit in with what I want from an FM game.

Transfers & Contracts – significant changes to the transfer and contract systems, including loyalty bonuses, better implementation of amateur and youth contracts, an improved transfer centre and the ability to lock areas of the contract negotiation when you aren't prepared to budge. This helps you to manage your budgets and gives you flexibility in what you offer money hungry players, or agents, as incentives.
    Lets face it, this isn't an improvement, this is just an increase in complexity. It also seems too far from what a real life football manager's responsibilities are.

Scouting improvements – using several real life scouting reports, a new in-game report has been devised which includes squad analysis, tactics information and information about goals scored and conceded alongside lots of other scouting improvements, giving you all the information you need to prepare before kick-off and throughout the season.
    This sounds good, people have been wanting more detailed and useful scouting reports for a long time now.

3D Match Improvements – new animations, a whole new crowd system, improved weather system, more stadiums, plus two brand new cameras - "Behind Goal" and "Director Cam" as well as all other camera angles being reversible - meaning you can watch and analyse every aspect of every game.
    Doesn't affect me as I don't use 3D.

Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.
    Doesn't affect me as I've always run enough leagues to have options available at a decent speed.

Tone – a whole new level has been added to team talks and conversations, with the new tone system, which allows you to specify the way you want to say things – be as cool as a cucumber by saying things calmly or throw tea cups around by saying things with passion. There are 6 different tones to choose from with specific comments per tone.
    I hate that player interaction, press conferences and team talks have become somewhat a primary focus for this series now.

Intelligent Interface – a new adaptive layout system, which means the higher your screen resolution, the more info is easily at your fingertips. The new interface also contains new filters, customisable columns, a new tactics screen, and lots of new overview screens.
    This isn't a feature, it's catching up with the 21st century where people have bigger monitors. It's like advertising that the game now makes use of multiple cores, it shouldn't be a selling point, it should be the minimum standard from moving with the times.

Brand New Tutorial – standing separate from the main game, a mode to help new players find their way around the game easily, whilst also offering tips to experienced managers on how to get the most out of the game, as well as a new in-game “how to” system.
    Doesn't affect me.

the media system, press conferences
    As above, I don't like these sort of features being in the game at all, let alone focused on and improved

the youth system, newgens
    Fantastic, any improvements on the newgens especially is a massive welcome

the social networking options
    Doesn't interest me

friendlies
    Left to assistant

International management
    Never do it

I'm disappointed there's not much shown to do with improvements to career saves or long term games.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by coopie54 View Post
    will there be player photos available to download for the premier league players?
    Not officially. EA have an exclusive deal with the Premier League.

Part-Timer

Still undecided on the new version, the only thing that mainly interests me is the tone for player interactions. The spec of my computer lets me run majority of the leagues as it is on a career game so the manage anywhere doesnt really affect me apart from it may speed the game up a bit after 10 or so seasons.

I wonder if when the demo is released and you load your league and carry your save onto the main game you can then add other leagues as this has been annoying that if you wanted to play a career game from the demo taking other countires into account and carry it into the main game you couldnt as ony the pre-set league was available

The updated scouting reports do look good but if you want to you can scout yourself and find some of the information that is shown and isnt this just the backroom advice but extended more.
    Last edited by wazza; 20-08-2011 at 11:26.

Amateur

What about Turkish teams? Will Turkish leagues be avaible?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by ArdaUlutaş View Post
    What about Turkish teams? Will Turkish leagues be avaible?
    Was available last year so I'm sure it will be available in FM12.

Is there going to be a new logopack released? Along with a new face pack?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bertie BG View Post
    Can't wait to bounce a tea cup off the head of a 17yo who is about to make his debut as I tell him there is no pressure on him!

Amateur

Lightbulb 25 men sqoud rule outside the premier league.

FM2012 looking good already, but I do hope they drop this silly 25 men squad rule for teams outside the premier league.
    It doesn’t happen in the real football leagues, so it shouldn’t be happening in football manager.

Semi Pro

it only happens were leagues have those rules , champions league is an example of such rule exists

Amateur

Is there a 25 men rule in the football league championship, league one & league two then? :
    or am I missing something
    Last edited by tykes; 20-08-2011 at 17:19.

Amateur

I'm with the group of people calling for multi-core support and 64 bit support. I'm not saying that they should make it so that if you have a single-core 32-bit machine that you shouldn't be able to play as well as you could with FM2011, but it should be an option if we have the equipment.

Part-Timer

I've always wanted the ability to add and subtract playable nations! Thanks SI!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DivineOne View Post
    Do they play football there then?
    Yes. Soccer is played outside Europe.

Third Team

Am I the only one who physically can't use the original out of the box skin?

I see with the FM12 screenshot's, that it's the same bright white skin design again. (since FM08)

I tried switching to the FM11 default Skin last night, and after a couple of hours playing with it, I could feel my eyes aching and straining.
    Carried on with it today but after an hour I couldn't bare it anymore, so I switched to the default dark skin, and once it changed, I could instantly feel the straining on my eyes go away.
    I really could feel my eyes relax after switching away from the default skin, and found it much more easier to take in all the information than I could with the default skin. (player attributes/ reading news messages etc)

Was it with FM11, where they did not even include a dark skin? It was added in the first patch SI released I think.

Are my eyes just sensitive, or do other people find SI's official skin unpleasant on the eyes?

Amateur

One small thing I would like to see implemented is the way you are informed of forthcoming international matches. I am Welsh, both in real life and in the game(!), yet tend to manage in the English leagues so I always get told what England are doing rather than Wales. It is pretty annoying after a while and I would guess it would be fairly easy to change which country you are informed about.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Barkermush View Post
    Am I the only one who physically can't use the original out of the box skin?

Are my eyes just sensitive, or do other people find SI's official skin unpleasant on the eyes?
    No, you're not. But I'm pretty confident they'll add a dark skin just for us .

Part-Timer

Download f.lux if the skin bothers you, it darkens the screen to varying degrees based on the time of day. Sounds pointless but i cant use my computer without it now!

First Team Regular

I love the default skins. I can't see how people can play with the dark skins!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
    I love the default skins. I can't see how people can play with the dark skins!
    That's because you've been blinded by the default skin!

Third Team

Download f.lux if the skin bothers you, it darkens the screen to varying degrees based on the time of day. Sounds pointless but i cant use my computer without it now!
    I've already tweaked my own Skin which is more easier on my eyes, but thanks anyway.

I was just wondering if it was just my eyes being too sensitive, because it's the official default skin for the game which SI release, and advertise the game with on their screen shots etc.

So I'm thinking it must be liked by the majority of people who play FM, because it's been the same since Football Manager 2008.
    I would like to follow trend, and use the official Sports Interactive default skin, but it's always hurt my eyes.

Part-Timer

Aye i know what you mean, my eyes are fairly sensitive as well, hence the f.lux!

Amateur

Manage anywhere, anytime? Ok seriously, i think i just wet myself. Ive wanted that for about 4 or 5 years now.. Thank you!!

Reserves

The light skin is actually better for your eyes, so I suspect that is one part of the equation. I used the dark before, but have gone over to the light now and it's much less straining on the eyes. Much better to see dark text on light background than vice versa. Though this will depend on what you are used to I suppose. I'm sure they'll send with a dark one too, they usually (always?) do.

Amateur

The dark skin is just so... depressing, makes me want to turn the game off when i loose or am on a bad run, the light skin just looks so much more... positive and optimistic, i like it a LOT more. Don't really understand what the obsession with dark skins is for everyone anyway but hey.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by BiggusD View Post

And for God's sake make sure that they manage their team in a way that prevents them from having a whole team of ineligible players this time around!
    Whole post spot on in every way.
    I just bought a a transfer listed right back from bolton for my Ajax team in the summer transfer window for £10M.
    He got injured and lost his place but still played a few games for me, did quite well.
    Anyway, in January Man City swoop in and but for £50M (His release clause) they put him on £275K a week but of course he can't play for another year because that would be 3 clubs in 1 year!

Amateur

Like the Tone feature where I can really shout at my players . They need the hair dryer at times and I cant give it to them properly .

The Add and remove leagues on the go feature is also feels good . Lets see how it goes .

Any Improvement in the Re Gen making is also good. There are some weird things that come out with Regens sometimes . Right now I dont have any central defenders in the world with Pace >16 while strikers keep appearing with 20's and 19's .

The AI management needs to be improved , I played about some 20 seasons now and all the big teams are no where near me , The bookmakers predict a team winning and they finish like 10th and I keep winning the leagues by huge margins which kinda makes it boring in the Long Term .

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Barkermush View Post
    I was just wondering if it was just my eyes being too sensitive, because it's the official default skin for the game which SI release, and advertise the game with on their screen shots etc.

So I'm thinking it must be liked by the majority of people who play FM, because it's been the same since Football Manager 2008.
    I would like to follow trend, and use the official Sports Interactive default skin, but it's always hurt my eyes.
    Could be, but more likely you just have your screen brightness turned up too high. It's not supposed to "glow" and strain your eyes just because it's displaying white.

Amateur

I hope SI will add in the statistic of players, how many times a player has been "offside/match".
    Also how many "balls has a goal keeper intercepted".
    It will be also interesting to have a statistic of the "posession of the ball/team"

The most important area to improve for FM is the AI for managing teams and especially the AI for transfer policy! And of course the training mode!

Hope that FM2012 will be very good. (I'm still playing FM2010 with patch 10.3 --> Best FM ever IMO)

Thx.
    Last edited by HaydarAli; 21-08-2011 at 11:23.

Part-Timer
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)

One piece of evidence proving that the AI managers fail to handle the morale/motivation "engine". I am sure there should be no problems finding many others.
    What's so unrealistic about that? Okay, Augsburg has a terrible record but otherwise there's nothing wrong.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    What's so unrealistic about that? Okay, Augsburg has a terrible record but otherwise there's nothing wrong.
    0-0-34? A newly promoted team losing all the matches of a season? The problem is not -that- they lose all their matches, the problem is that the reason they lost them all is that they had terrible motivation in all their matches. They lost the first couple of matches and then all morale was gone, and the AI manager was not able to turn it around.

This happens almost every season. Not normally this extreme, but at least one team go on an unprecedented losing streak which they cannot get out of because the Morale Engine is so overpowered that the AI can't handle it. There is also at least one unprecedented winning streak in the league, but there are no AI managers that manage to deal with the inevitable complacency that sets in, and when the ensuing losing streak sets in once the winning streak ends, they can't handle that either.

FM11 is an unending fluctuation between losing streaks and winning streaks caused by team morale always either be on the rise or on the drop.

I hope that in FM12, the players's mental health is more stable.

0-0-34? A newly promoted team losing all the matches of a season? The problem is not -that- they lose all their matches, the problem is that the reason they lost them all is that they had terrible motivation in all their matches. They lost the first couple of matches and then all morale was gone, and the AI manager was not able to turn it around.

This happens almost every season. Not normally this extreme, but at least one team go on an unprecedented losing streak which they cannot get out of because the Morale Engine is so overpowered that the AI can't handle it. There is also at least one unprecedented winning streak in the league, but there are no AI managers that manage to deal with the inevitable complacency that sets in, and when the ensuing losing streak sets in once the winning streak ends, they can't handle that either.

FM11 is an unending fluctuation between losing streaks and winning streaks caused by team morale always either be on the rise or on the drop.

I hope that in FM12, the players's mental health is more stable.
    how can you possibly tell any of that, how can you possibly know any of that for certain? And how does one screenshot = happening every season?

That's a very tenuous argument you've presented, cant see how them finishing on 0 means the whole morale engine is overpowered
    Last edited by themadsheep2001; 21-08-2011 at 13:04.

Youth Team

how can you possibly tell any of that, how can you possibly know any of that for certain? And how does one screenshot = happening every season?

That's a very tenuous argument you've presented, cant see how them finishing on 0 means the whole morale engine is overpowered
    I can tell because I have seen it happen numerous times in numerous saves in numerous seasons and leagues. I have also seen the motivation screen/gadget in the game and knowing how I struggle when -one- player is nervous in my team, I can't even begin to imagine how hopeless it was for Augsburg when ALL their players had Very Poor morale and ALL their players was either nervous or playing without confidence. Of course, I cannot see the motivation gadget in all their matches, but they have the same tools and mechanisms as we do, and the results and performances speak for themselves.

As I said in that screenshot post - one example of a problem that pervades the whole game.

I didn't present an argument. I presented fact. On one side, we all know that it is possible to take any Championship-quality (in terms of CA/PA and attribute distribution, resources and reputation) team to complete world domination in a couple of seasons, and people have done this with completely different tactics so it is not that which makes the difference. On the other side we know that that same exact team and that exact same tactic could go through a season without winning a single match... if their morale and motivation is awful enough.

The difference between world domination and complete disaster is not tactics or player quality, it is morale and motivation.

Amateur

Hi all

Does anyone know if the new NEXTGEN youth competition will be included in FM2012

I can tell because I have seen it happen numerous times in numerous saves in numerous seasons and leagues. I have also seen the motivation screen/gadget in the game and knowing how I struggle when -one- player is nervous in my team, I can't even begin to imagine how hopeless it was for Augsburg when ALL their players had Very Poor morale and ALL their players was either nervous or playing without confidence. Of course, I cannot see the motivation gadget in all their matches, but they have the same tools and mechanisms as we do, and the results and performances speak for themselves.

As I said in that screenshot post - one example of a problem that pervades the whole game.

I didn't present an argument. I presented fact. On one side, we all know that it is possible to take any Championship-quality (in terms of CA/PA and attribute distribution, resources and reputation) team to complete world domination in a couple of seasons, and people have done this with completely different tactics so it is not that which makes the difference. On the other side we know that that same exact team and that exact same tactic could go through a season without winning a single match... if their morale and motivation is awful enough.

The difference between world domination and complete disaster is not tactics or player quality, it is morale and motivation.
    that isnt fact you've presented there at all, completely ignored any of the tactical side of the game. At no point does that screenshot lead to a fact that the Morale Engine is overpowered, its all supposition from one screenshot... More holes than swiss cheese in this one.

but whatever i await the new changes in FM12, anyone know when the blogs start popping up? and will they still be at the Mirror?
    Last edited by themadsheep2001; 21-08-2011 at 16:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellie View Post
    Yesssss! I finally get my Peter Reid button!
    I wonder how long until someone asks for a Brian Clough button.

"Hey, that player's showing off doing tricks and keeps losing the ball"

(Half-Time team talk)

"Let's see... ah yes"

*clicks "Have you ever been punched in the stomach, young man?" *

Youth Team

that isnt fact you've presented there at all, completely ignored any of the tactical side of the game. At no point does that screenshot lead to a fact that the Morale Engine is overpowered, its all supposition from one screenshot... More holes than swiss cheese in this one.

but whatever i await the new changes in FM12, anyone know when the blogs start popping up? and will they still be at the Mirror?
    Like if I'm going to spend hours providing you with "evidence" about this or that... ever

Go into your own savegames and check out the amount of losing streaks, teams with no or ridiculously few victories through a season, the morale-meter of matches against such teams and you'll come to the same conclusion as me.

First Team Squad Member

You havent presented any facts at all with that screenshot, all you have shown is that Ausburg had a terrible season, i could pull you off screen shots from the last 19 seasons from my game and not one team in the SPL has ever gone a whole season without winning, there wouldnt be much point but if your screen shot is fact that the AI cannot handle motivation then my 19 screen shots would show it can. In reality none of the screen shots prove anything other that some teams are better or worse than others. I can actually remember Annan going 25 games without a win before winning their last 6 games to survive, i remember because i was amazed they stayed up at the end. Motivation and moral play a part of being succesful, in reality they play a HUGE part of football.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Cercle View Post
    Hi all

Does anyone know if the new NEXTGEN youth competition will be included in FM2012
    I don't even know what it is

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    You havent presented any facts at all with that screenshot, all you have shown is that Ausburg had a terrible season, i could pull you off screen shots from the last 19 seasons from my game and not one team in the SPL has ever gone a whole season without winning, there wouldnt be much point but if your screen shot is fact that the AI cannot handle motivation then my 19 screen shots would show it can. In reality none of the screen shots prove anything other that some teams are better or worse than others. I can actually remember Annan going 25 games without a win before winning their last 6 games to survive, i remember because i was amazed they stayed up at the end. Motivation and moral play a part of being succesful, in reality they play a HUGE part of football.
    And then I would show you 19 screenshots of completely unrealistic losing streaks (and winning streaks), and we would have wasted each other's time yes?

Motivation and morale both play a huge part of football, yes - but not as huge as in FM11. Adam does not outrun Agbonlahor no matter how motivated he is. In FM 10-pace players outrunning 20-pace players all the time, if the former is motivated enough. This is just one example of the overpoweredness of Motivation. Have you ever seen Terry nervous? Playing badly surely, but -nervous-? As in, wobbly knees and loss of mental faculties? I haven't. The guy is cool as a frozen corpse even though he sometimes make mistakes. Seeing him and other calm and focused defenders like him playing like scared-witless girls just because his manager said "you go out and do this for the fans" rather than "we can win this, John!" is utterly and completely ridiculous.

I guess there is little chance of agreement, though.

Part-Timer

Like if I'm going to spend hours providing you with "evidence" about this or that... ever
    You're right, evidence is overrated .

Amateur

I really hope there will be more good brittish talents end newgens.. i have always struggled finding good brittish talents after playing som seasons... Look at Chamberlain , gret talent but terrible on fm...

Semi Pro

Then it's broke. Barely even see the bar on my i7 rig, and highest spec is somewhat subjective and therefore of little relevance to the statement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast