+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2012 Announced!

Semi Pro
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by Erimus1876 View Post
    It does have a moderate standard difficulty level - the abilty of the player.

Whats the point you're trying to make?
    In Post #191 you claim ALL teams should be a challenge, this I take as meaning "relatively hard". No one wants an "easy game" but with the in game aids any player should be able to do an "Avram with Chelsea". That final paragraph with its "statement to end all debating" just leads to more disagreement. You may be wrong you know, a point worth considering!.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BiggusD View Post
    There aren't any challenges. The only difference between managing Barcelona and *insert random Blue Square team here* is the time it takes for you to reach the top. Everything I do is miles ahead of anything the best AI manager in the game does, and then I'm not even that good a manager - I'd rate myself as a decent FM player. Sure, I've been playing the game since 1994, but that shouldn't account for the ease of mastering an aspect of the game.

They should really make Mourinho do absolutely everything right all the time in all aspects of the game, to the best of their programming genious's ability. Then it would be up to us to beat that. We would, given enough time and effort. Then the next iterations of the ME should take into account what we did to beat him, and we'd have to start all over again.
    What you say is like Mourinho in real life complaining everything is too easy when at Chelsea. Had he gone from Porto to Porstmouth there may have been another outcome.

Amateur

The main point is though that you can out-perform the AI at team building even if you have no idea of what you're doing for the most part. Just follow the scouting advice in backroom advice and you're pretty much set.

Part-Timer

No matter if your 12years old or 60 years old, We all get excited at this time of the year with talk of new FM I really do like FM2011. I admit it needs a slight tidy up and a few tweaks to the transfer system but apart from that and with a whole new database update I'm more than happy.

Part-Timer
    Playing FM here: http://fm-fmo.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by tigerhgrrrrrr View Post
    In Post #191 you claim ALL teams should be a challenge, this I take as meaning "relatively hard". No one wants an "easy game" but with the in game aids any player should be able to do an "Avram with Chelsea". That final paragraph with its "statement to end all debating" just leads to more disagreement. You may be wrong you know, a point worth considering!.
    Ok point taken. I didn't mean it to come across as 'relatively hard'. My response was to someone who trotted out the generic reply "don't manage a good team". Thats the standard reply from someone who has no idea of a particular flaw in the game (i.e. poor AI team-building logic) and someone who repeats it without even thinking, or knowing what they're talking about. Its effectively a cop out, and lets SI off the hook imho so this particular flaw never gets looked at by SI when developing their next game (or so it seems). Hopefully this year will be different SI?

At the end of the day the difficulty level will always be the abilty of the user. However some crucial aspects of the game do need looking at and have done for some time. AI clubs stagnate quickly and soon get left behind because of their poor AI team building logic. Thats it in a nutshell. BiggusD's reply is spot on.

Amateur

"Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career."

Why do people want this??? Its not like its going to benefit everyone. heck like a few others im betting (i hope not but...) there might be a few potential bugs stuffing saved games with this option....

Id say they should concentrate on improving the AI, tactics,training & newgens.AND have the beta team play the crap out of it to lessen the chances of bugs on final release.

Youth Team

What you say is like Mourinho in real life complaining everything is too easy when at Chelsea. Had he gone from Porto to Porstmouth there may have been another outcome.
    Yes, of course. IF he did everything right with Portsmouth, it may have taken a few seasons to win everything because doing everything right doesn't necessarily mean that you win all your matches. There is this thing called player quality, and this other thing called club/league reputation, not to mention finances - that would prevent you from signing the world's best players immediately. However, if Mourinho took charge of Portsmouth instead of Chelsea back in the days, I am sure they wouldn't be bankrupt and in the Championship now. Why? Because the guy makes a real difference!

In FM11.3, the only manager making a real difference in the long term is you.

I and many others demand competition in single-player games, especially long-term ones.

The only way SI can provide this, is by ensuring that the AI:

A. Sign players that strengthens their team either immediately or in the long term, or both
    B. Deploys their tactic in a way that maximizes the ability of their players
    C. Develops youngsters by giving them 1st team experience, and by making sure that the club's coach and training facility setup is as good as it can get
    D. Ensures that the squad is deep enough in all positions to get through a long and hard season
    E. Gets rid of players that have no future at the club
    F. Follows a long-term plan for world domimation, just like you (you are held back by the board's financial awareness and so should they)
    G. Maximizes the outcome of player contract negotiations, to the best of their current ability
    H. Handles the "morale engine" to the best of their ability - meaning that good managers shouldn't have problems motivating their team... just like with human players

Amateur

Can I have a response from SI please?

Could you explain the add/remove nations a little clearer please. You say add/remove "nations" and not leagues. What we all want is to be able to just add a few leagues, for example if you have taken a conference team to the CL and glory, could you take away the bottom leagues that you do not use anymore e.g. BSS/BSN BSP L2 L1 and championship? Similarly when you add a "nation" would you be able to select which leagues you can use from that nation or are you stuck with all of the leagues?

Amateur

Why is Watfords ground tiny and have no roof on the stands behind the goal, and Southampton's looks huge!

I like the crowd though, looks smart.

Part-Timer

Yes, of course. IF he did everything right with Portsmouth, it may have taken a few seasons to win everything because doing everything right doesn't necessarily mean that you win all your matches. There is this thing called player quality, and this other thing called club/league reputation, not to mention finances - that would prevent you from signing the world's best players immediately. However, if Mourinho took charge of Portsmouth instead of Chelsea back in the days, I am sure they wouldn't be bankrupt and in the Championship now. Why? Because the guy makes a real difference!

I and many others demand competition in single-player games, especially long-term ones.

A. Sign players that strengthens their team either immediately or in the long term, or both
    C. Develops youngsters by giving them 1st team experience, and by making sure that the club's coach and training facility setup is as good as it can get
    D. Ensures that the squad is deep enough in all positions to get through a long and hard season
    F. Follows a long-term plan for world domimation, just like you (you are held back by the board's financial awareness and so should they)
    G. Maximizes the outcome of player contract negotiations, to the best of their current ability
    H. Handles the "morale engine" to the best of their ability - meaning that good managers shouldn't have problems motivating their team... just like with human players
    A B and C would do for me. But the rest, yes they're needed too.

I can't believe we're now in the 12th incarnation of this game? and A B and C still don't work properly, or worse yet, haven't even been implemented. AI managers and the things they do are just so random and nonsensical its pitiful.

Third Team

Ok point taken. I didn't mean it to come across as 'relatively hard'. My response was to someone who trotted out the generic reply "don't manage a good team". Thats the standard reply from someone who has no idea of a particular flaw in the game (i.e. poor AI team-building logic) and someone who repeats it without even thinking, or knowing what they're talking about. Its effectively a cop out, and lets SI off the hook imho so this particular flaw never gets looked at by SI when developing their next game (or so it seems). Hopefully this year will be different SI?

At the end of the day the difficulty level will always be the abilty of the user. However some crucial aspects of the game do need looking at and have done for some time. AI clubs stagnate quickly and soon get left behind because of their poor AI team building logic. Thats it in a nutshell. BiggusD's reply is spot on.
    I didn't say that there is not poor AI team-building logic. If you really want the game to be a challenge, then stay away from being the Chelsea's/ Man City's/ Barcelona's etc.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by markyosullivan View Post
    I didn't say that there is not poor AI team-building logic. If you really want the game to be a challenge, then stay away from being the Chelsea's/ Man City's/ Barcelona's etc.
    And the point being made is avoiding Chelsea, Man City and Barcelona is not a solution. Its just circumventing a fundamental flaw in the game. Its just delaying the inevitable for a few seasons longer. Its a cop out like I said.

If you really want the game to offer a proper challenge, play with an attribute hiding skin (but thats another story!).

Semi Pro

A B and C would do for me. But the rest, yes they're needed too.

I can't believe we're now in the 12th incarnation of this game? and A B and C still don't work properly, or worse yet, haven't even been implemented. AI managers and the things they do are just so random and nonsensical its pitiful.
    Except they never seem to have a problem placing players on loan.

Part-Timer

Thats true

Part-Timer

Helll yess!

Amateur

i think FM07 was the last fm game close to perfrect, the match engine/ transfer system/ good long term playability and overall feel of the game was so good.

yet to see a FM game as good all round since.

Quote Originally Posted by LC- Foxes View Post
    i think FM07 was the last fm game close to perfrect, the match engine/ transfer system/ good long term playability and overall feel of the game was so good.

yet to see a FM game as good all round since.
    Thats because in FM07 players responded to your every instructions like robots

Amateur

The thing about FM07 was that it didn't have a big new feature that totally cocked up/unbalanced the game, so as a result it is remembered very fondly.

Amateur

oh so thats why the match engine and transfer system was good? because the players responded to every instructions like robots

i seem to remember having some unhappy players on fm07 slight concern at lack of first team football etttc

Amateur
    Greenock, Scotland, Xbox Live - scott maclean2

Amateur

The transfer system in FM 07 wasn't good, it was next to impossible to get rid of your unwanted players, AI had no squad building sense and it kept aging players on huge contracts in spite of their deteriorating abilities.

Also the match engine massively favoured tall players, it was preferable to play a centre back with 20/20 for jumping and heading up front rather than a proper striker with lower physical stats.

Furthermore the ability progression model allowed players to make huge jumps in attributes in a matter of months and allowed them to invariably reach their full potential at the age of 21.

Rose tinted glass and all that. There was really never a flawless, or even near flawless FM version in history, but I would say SI are moving in the right direction.

More on topic, I would be really happy if FM12 had two improvements: one, make the AI stop calling up the same players to international squads all the time (it's really dumb seeing players with 200+ caps) and make it call up players based on form rather than reputation only; two, make the AI look at performances when choosing transfer targets rather than at pure ability and reputation.

-
    Last edited by endtime; 16-08-2011 at 15:04.

Amateur

Of course I'm happy, but... no speed optimizations? Like better utilization of multi-threading in day-to-day player processing? You know we are way past one core CPUs and match days (where multiple cores are really utilized) are very small part of the time the game uses to process data.

Part-Timer

Thanks Scott

Banned

to be honest i would have expected the match engine to have come further in a year.

Amateur

Training training and again traing improvements to have a chance for smoe people like me to do micro management.
    I hope this will be hudgly improved !!!

Amateur

We know the SI strikers can score so instead of videos of goals scored, they should perhaps put up videos of defenders making good intelligent tackles!

Tone = very much more clicking. Exciting for a while and after that it becomes a drag.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    Tone = very much more clicking. Exciting for a while and after that it becomes a drag.
    I know were your coming from but if people want thinks improved like team talk/press conferences etc then this is probably only easy way to do it at moment

Amateur

Will Intelligent Interface solve the problem with playing the game on HD resolution laptops? In FM 2011 texts (for example player stats) were so small, that I had to decrease resolution to play the game.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by mark_oni View Post
    Will Intelligent Interface solve the problem with playing the game on HD resolution laptops? In FM 2011 texts (for example player stats) were so small, that I had to decrease resolution to play the game.
    That's the big downside with having an HD resolution laptop

I'm in the same boat, I hope that one day FM will have a microsoft-like zoom function.

Amateur

Thanks SI, Miles and all the devs feel like family to me. I look forward to FM every year except this year I didn't really care about it at all... You see my wife bought me a PS3 and I was gonna buy FIFA12 until I saw how pathetic it is, bugs, issues online, a lot of leagues (including my beloved Greek) not being included... Anyway THANK YOU SI, continue the good work! look forward to the game once more.

Amateur

I wonder how far the Intelligent Interface layout can be pushed - a desktop 5760 pixels wide across 3 full HD screens could show an awful lot of information

Semi Pro

Bring it on!

Amateur

Loving the new 'manage anywhere, anytime' feature! As someone who regulary changes his mind on leagues after about a season, this has cemented my plans for one massive, long-term game next year!!!

Amateur

Re the AI team building. My one hope is that as a relatively unsexy and hidden change SI has chosen not to highlight it but that there has been a big revamp of AI team building and contract negotiation. The new negotiation features being the tip of the iceberg.

Part-Timer

Tone sounds like a pretty good addition.

Though I'm wary as in general the best route in FM is to stay calm and molly coddle all of your players and treat them like spoilt brats. No player responds better to being challenged or criticised. So I'll probably end up just sticking it on calm or neutral and ignoring it, too many extra clicks for not enough positive result.

Amateur

Will the demo and full release be available on Steam at the same time as everywhere else?

Amateur

Something Im missing Is being able to tell the board what kind of Future plans I Have besides just saying only seasonly based.( If Im playing to stay up in the league, win the league or be a mid-based team) I want to be able to say to the board "Hey, im looking to try to build up our youngster academy to try to swoop up most national players in my area and maybe in a few years time build up something stronger" And with that, having your whole team of scouts and coaches building on that. Just an idea.

Amateur

Yes, I love you!!! This upcoming release is a must-buy for me, because some of those new features will increase the fun a lot.

x) Adding new nations (and their leagues) to a currently running game is fantastic and will stretch the time I'll be able to motivate myself in a career game. I just hope that with the feature to add leagues to a game in progress we'll also be able to remove them (again), in order to speed up the process.
    x) I'm equally tickled pink that you finally acknowledge high-screen resolutions. The last few years of FM have been a huge step back in that regard, because the customizability of many screens was very disappointing in FM11.
    x) The expanded player-talk feature is another big plus, because there were too few options in FM11.

I have no idea how exactly you're going to implement these new features, but FM12 is a game I can't wait to play.

edit: forget about parts of what I said since I only read the email and not the starting post which contains more information and some answers to my questions.
    Last edited by ElDani; 16-08-2011 at 17:26.

Semi Pro

Manage - anywhere + any time

Been waiting for this for a long time - plus 1 from me

Third Team
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

I like the sound of the tone system. When telling a player off you can now be sure he will get the message if it is accompanied by a football boot to the head

Youth Team

Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.

Sounds a brilliant idea especially with people who pcs aint the greatest.

Banned

I agree. Playing as a big club should be as much of a challenge, only a different sort of challenge. There's very little pressure as a manager of a top club. When people say 'don't manage a big club' I just roll my eyes, because managing the big clubs are alot of fun and some of us want to be in charge of who we support. We shouldn't have to do LLM just for a challenge.

Semi Pro

I really want to be excited about FM2012 but I just can't get there. The last two editions have become pitifully easy and I didn't see anything in the announcement to suggest FM12 will be any different.

It's a second season thing. The first season is a challenge but I all of a sudden become a footballing genius, and my players footballing gods, at the start of season two.

Any chance of anything to say 'we're working on difficulty'?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.

Sounds a brilliant idea especially with people who pcs aint the greatest.
    EXACTLY! And yet some douchebags were quick to play it down, "cuz they are probably gonna be bugs". EPIC FAIL for them.

Semi Pro

Echoing everything. Ability to add/remove leagues sound top notch

Lurker

Mm, I have a question. If I have a team ie "Abba", and a young player, say "Mark" (18 years old), in a "regular game" he would probably improve his skills, but what would happen if I would add his team's championship after 2 years of game? I would have Mark with his 18 year old skills or there's a chance that they're improved? The same question it's possibile for players who are older, near the end of their careers, will they have worse skills? Or also, could they be already retired?

Amateur

To anyone at SI, has the AI team building been improved this year or the AI in general as it gets a tad easy in the future?

Realise its already been asked by a few but not paticularly politely in my opinion.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Themer View Post
    To anyone at SI, has the AI team building been improved this year or the AI in general as it gets a tad easy in the future?

Realise its already been asked by a few but not paticularly politely in my opinion.

Asking politely doesn't work either, believe me plenty have in the past but there's never once been any comment on it. Which usually gives you your answer.

But ok then... just for the sake of keeping it an annual tradition.... I'd also like to know "Have you fixed AI team building in this years game, SI?... pretty please say its so!"

Asking politely doesn't work either, believe me plenty have in the past but there's never once been any comment on it. Which usually gives you your answer.

But ok then... just for the sake of keeping it an annual tradition.... I'd also like to know "Have you fixed AI team building in this years game, SI?... pretty please say its so!"
    they did say they wouldnt be talking about anything that wasnt mentioned. Doesnt stop people from asking though

Part-Timer

I would like to get it on Steam but there are always overpriced at the start

Maybe they might offer a good pre-purchase deal -(lives in hope)!!

Amateur

I've been on a 3 year hiatus from FM and now really looking forward to getting back. Most excited about the manage anywhere option, as it would be easy to spice up a long game by switching to a new country.

First Team Regular

Still no sign of the magic phrases that would restoke my love:

"A complete overhaul of youth development"
    "A complete overhaul of training and player development"
    "A complete overhaul of scouting"
    "A complete overhaul of AI squad management"

But happy to see tone, been arguing for that for a while. Hopefully see it in Press Conferences soon too?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 0gris View Post
    The main point is though that you can out-perform the AI at team building even if you have no idea of what you're doing for the most part. Just follow the scouting advice in backroom advice and you're pretty much set.
    Yes its an aid, thats the point, if you want a tougher task dont use the advice, and dont scour the forums for good buys or killer tactics.

Part-Timer

Yes its an aid, thats the point, if you want a tougher task dont use the advice, and dont scour the forums for good buys or killer tactics.
    Why should you not use the advice its part of the game. The game should be improved to make the AI tougher to beat not dont use something to make it harder when you are trying to replicate reality by speaking to your staff.

Semi Pro

Yes i would agree, the AI does make some naff signings. Maybe more AI manager charachter could shine through, that could achieve the same thing.

Semi Pro

Fair enough. I did miss a bit the "team building" issue as you meant it, apologies for that. Overall I feel there should be a broader span of AI manager ability then maybe. More "focussed" at the top, more erratic or liable to mistakes at lower levels perhaps, but if Prem managers are all going to be little virtual Jose's I need a bag of new Manager assisting tools to help me along! (all optional of course).

Amateur

Manage Anywhere, Anytime is a superb feature

Amateur

Alot of people are alking about AI squad building and I have to agree that it is extremely important to improve this if possible. with the introduction of being able to add new leagues anytime more people are likely to play long term games, so the squad building abilities of the AI in the future need to be up to scratch. Im sure this is very difficult to code though, a few tweaks one way or the other could produce iether poor squad management or brilliant squad management so its a delicate balance to strike.

I hope that there is some indication from SI that this has been worked on and I believe a little explanation from them in the future as to how they have imporved may also eleviate (sp?) some peoples fears.

I just find that when I play a long term game, I know that if I stick with a club long enough, Im eventually going to have the best squad in my league and I'll ultimately win that league, and Im not that good at this game. I hope that this is something that Miles touches on in his Blogs (if there are any this year!).

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    We know the SI strikers can score so instead of videos of goals scored, they should perhaps put up videos of defenders making good intelligent tackles!
    We will be doing one of those aswell. And one for good saves. Within the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by S o l o View Post
    Mm, I have a question. If I have a team ie "Abba", and a young player, say "Mark" (18 years old), in a "regular game" he would probably improve his skills, but what would happen if I would add his team's championship after 2 years of game? I would have Mark with his 18 year old skills or there's a chance that they're improved? The same question it's possibile for players who are older, near the end of their careers, will they have worse skills? Or also, could they be already retired?
    I think I answered this above, but in case I wasn't clear, the players in the squad at the starting database point are "simmed" to get to where they would be in your game time. Or released if they aren't good enough and their contracts have run out.

Amateur

I don't know if i'll get a response, but is there an advantage to starting the game initially and loading up 20 playable nations, as opposed to loading a different nation up as you play through the game?

Player-wise i mean, would i be lacking certain players in the league if i hadn't loaded it from the start? Or would i maybe be lacking regens in that certain league?

Thanks

Semi Pro

Really like the idea of being able to add and remove leagues. Will probably start the game on my current laptop which I try not to overload with huge amounts of leagues but looking to buy a new laptop sometime early next year. This feature will be a really good thing if it works well enough.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    I think I answered this above, but in case I wasn't clear, the players in the squad at the starting database point are "simmed" to get to where they would be in your game time. Or released if they aren't good enough and their contracts have run out.
    I'm going to assume regens are going to show up too? I mean, if I add a league 10 seasons into the game, surely there's going to be a lot of 16 to 26 year old regens suddenly showing up in a few of those clubs? As they would've appeared during that time if the league had been active.

I'm also curious as to what happens when removing leagues. Do fringe players in those league's clubs disappear? It perhaps makes more sense to not remove players, but then keep adding and removing leagues over the seasons and the database is going to grow exponentially!

Anyway, I think this is a very handy feature, and can imagine it occupied you guys for a very long time at the office, not to mention giving more than a few headaches. It's a new reason for me not to buy the game until the final patch comes out tho, I can imagine it's going to open up a huge potential for bugs inevitably. As for the other features, I am a little underwhelmed to be honest, the match engine's looks don't seem to have been improved as much as I expected, the interface improvements I like a lot but aren't a key feature, the conversation "tone" thing seems more a nuisance than anything to me. But I expect more things to come up in the next few months, and I understand that FM is so evolved now it's very hard to picture a huge new thing coming up without messing up the gameplay.

Amateur

The nations thing is awesome, really looking forward to that.

Youth Team

Great news! Looking forward to it already, especially the scouting improvements, and the "tone" aspect. Also glad to see the "manage anywhere, anytime" being included at last!!

Amateur

I hope the scouting feature gets really fleshed out.

And also it would be great if you can make sure the own player's report tab actually contains a lot more helpful information that gets more and more detailed as the player spends more time with the club.

Amateur

Looking forward to further details on the game.

It might be premature, but not too excited about the revised interaction system. It just sounds like more annoying mouse-clicking.

Part-Timer
    Washington DC but my heart lies in Leicester

Looks like the font has been changed. I really like the font on FM11. Other than that, everything looks brilliant!

Amateur

? idk why im the only one thats complaining about this, Idk why people want the game to be as easy as it was on fm2011, i see LOTS of people just achieving so easily during the years , i not saying thats a bad thing but i want it to be more of a challenge Long term and i want the computer to be smarter and make the right transfers and things, why do i have to be a team in the lowest team to make the game "hard", and even if i become a team from the lowest league in about 5 years into the game , the A.I becomes stupid and i tend to promote easy

Amateur

All I want is a better match engine and more options for tactics.

Central defenders pull wide and DM comes deep for buildup?
    3 Man defence stretches wide when on the ball and narrow when off the ball.
    Option for wide (strikers)/midfielders/wingbacks to move central without ball (bielsa style).
    Central defender moves into DM position when on the ball (barca style).
    etc

Looks like match engine is only getting graphical upgrade.. very disappointing

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pezza1 View Post
    Alot of people are alking about AI squad building and I have to agree that it is extremely important to improve this if possible. with the introduction of being able to add new leagues anytime more people are likely to play long term games, so the squad building abilities of the AI in the future need to be up to scratch. Im sure this is very difficult to code though, a few tweaks one way or the other could produce iether poor squad management or brilliant squad management so its a delicate balance to strike.

I hope that there is some indication from SI that this has been worked on and I believe a little explanation from them in the future as to how they have imporved may also eleviate (sp?) some peoples fears.

I just find that when I play a long term game, I know that if I stick with a club long enough, Im eventually going to have the best squad in my league and I'll ultimately win that league, and Im not that good at this game. I hope that this is something that Miles touches on in his Blogs (if there are any this year!).
    They won't be calming any fears because it's not something that will have improved within 6mths. It'll take an overhaul or at least a big evolution in their AI to improve this (vital) aspect of the game. If it were so easy, they would have done it by now and there would be no issues around poor transfer activity, ridiculous managerial appointments and other things you have mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by fmobande View Post
    ? idk why im the only one thats complaining about this, Idk why people want the game to be as easy as it was on fm2011, i see LOTS of people just achieving so easily during the years , i not saying thats a bad thing but i want it to be more of a challenge Long term and i want the computer to be smarter and make the right transfers and things, why do i have to be a team in the lowest team to make the game "hard", and even if i become a team from the lowest league in about 5 years into the game , the A.I becomes stupid and i tend to promote easy
    Clearly you are not the only one that's complaining about it. Many people agree exactly with what you've written.

Amateur

Really like the add/remove leagues feature. I know its work in progress but the ME looks pretty much the same as f11 so by the time the game comes out hopefully it`ll be a lot better. I also hope that players stop running towards the corner flag when running at goal. that is very annoying to see your player on what looks like a one on one head there. That has happened on every version of fm so not holding my breathe on that changing.

One thing i`d really like to see is player instructions for each player. So if you bring one on, you don`t have to change your tactics to suit him. Would make things a lot easier.

Another feature that needs improving is touchline instructions. At the moment if your 1:0 down with 10 mins left. You tell your players to attack nothing happens. they just pass the ball around with no sense of urgency.

Lets hope this time fm is playable out of the box and we don`t need to wait until the 3rd patch.
    Last edited by Wizard boy; 17-08-2011 at 08:54.

Amateur

The announcement of the news for fm2012 is not at all what I expected or what many fans awaited despite some very interesting points
    I really hope that they will announce major improvements in early September and will be more in our expectations:
    - Management of the youngsters( 12 years old, 14 etc... )
    - Youth Center more developed and more modernly polished
    - Press conferences improved and and more modernly polished
    - The press improved and more modernly polished
    - The match preparation realistic (more deep like tactical)
    - Above TRAINING more daily (schedule) more professional exercises (there are 100 in reality) or 3D (but that I can just dream!)

Other than that, I can not wait to hear the rest of the 750 new features !

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Thom-Spurs85 View Post
    They won't be calming any fears because it's not something that will have improved within 6mths. It'll take an overhaul or at least a big evolution in their AI to improve this (vital) aspect of the game. If it were so easy, they would have done it by now and there would be no issues around poor transfer activity, ridiculous managerial appointments and other things you have mentioned.

Clearly you are not the only one that's complaining about it. Many people agree exactly with what you've written.

But its been a lot longer than just 6 months. People have been asking for this to be looked at for at least two and a half years. Instead SI give us brand new features and don't fix or overhaul the poor AI squad building at all. They don't even talk about it either. Its seems to be a taboo subject to them - a don't mention it and people will forget about it type thing.... and this strategy works because you don't notice how poor the AI squad building is until you get into a long term save, and I'd hazard a guess most players don't play long-term so never even realise this flaw exists (you can tell the ones, they regurgitate the 'don't manage a good team' line whenever anyone mentions how easy the game becomes). Anyway, you're right, it probably will take a massive overhaul to make it better or work properly, maybe thats why they don't talk about it. Or maybe they've finally worked on it and are going to suprise us this year? We can live in hope

Amateur

Why cant SI release the system specs. The reason i ask this, im disabled due to a work accident i had 3yrs ago and Football Manager keeps me sane during the day. Due to a limited income if the could release the specs then if i do need to upgrade pc i have a few months to sort this out. If its the same as FM11 then i would be delighted.

Amateur
    Greenock, Scotland, Xbox Live - scott maclean2

Quote Originally Posted by luton View Post
    Why cant SI release the system specs. The reason i ask this, im disabled due to a work accident i had 3yrs ago and Football Manager keeps me sane during the day. Due to a limited income if the could release the specs then if i do need to upgrade pc i have a few months to sort this out. If its the same as FM11 then i would be delighted.
    It will probably be more or less the same as FM11. If FM11 worked on your pc without any problems then you should be fine.

Banned

I too am desperate to see a VASTLY improved AI intelligence in the way they manage their squad, go after transfers and hopefully make it really hard for you to dominate- it is too easy and not so much fun at the moment imo when you reach the top. I want to see rich ambitious chairmen make it their mission to end your dominance and pour fortunes into getting the best talent around to do so- maybe even try to hire you for big money too, recognising the hue role the manager has in a clubs' success and trying to buy that in for his club, like Chelsea aiming to break Man Utd and formerly Arsenal dominance by hiring Mourinho/AVB.
    Last edited by doubledutch; 17-08-2011 at 12:00.

Amateur

was hoping for new tactical features and 64 bit support.
    liking the new crowds in the stadium and the tone conversation looks good though.

Amateur

There are some nice ideas and improvements there, but the key point for me will be when I see the impact of press conferences and team talks on players' performance. If you can ruin your team's morale by saying the wrong thing at the press conference like in FM 11, I'll be very disappointed. Fingers crossed.

Amateur

Do people realistically expect SI to care for the A.I.? They haven't fixed it for years and almost every A.I. area of the game is terrible.

Amateur

I Have a question - for those of us who enjoy the longer career saves working our way up from unemployed no-mark to champions of europe. Say im in the BSS managing Weston Super Mare and i'm having a blinder of a season. Now i only have the English leagues loaded - with the new league system and being able to choose which leagues are active - would a portugese team be able to come in and offer me a job or would i have to make the league playable and hope that someone comes in and offers me a job?

In an ideal world it would be great if this feature allowed for teams from other non-playable countries to offer us jobs if we are doing well etc and then become playable if we choose to accept the offer of a job!!!

Amateur

Great news.

I want the national anthems for the internationals matches.

Amateur

I'm presuming that when you add a league to being playable it doesn't become so until the end of the season for that division? If so how long does it take for all that infomation to be generated and players simmed up to date on that day?

Amateur

Wink

All sounds promising, but would of preferred hearing 'Will optimize Quad Core Processors and that 8 gig of Ram you hae'

Third Team

No match sounds on this years preview, I wonder if they have or are making an improvement on the same old plain default sounds.

Anyway the match engine looks good so far, keep up the good work SI.

I like the improvment on the crowd, especially in the Watford V Birmingham highlights.
    With scarfs & flags / hand clapping and physically seeing the fans jump up from the seats when their team scores.
    And with head shaking/ hands on head/ angry fist shake when the other team scores, looks very good indeed.
    Last edited by Barkermush; 17-08-2011 at 17:18.

Amateur

I really like the Manage Anywhere, Anytime feature, but I have a question

What about promotions and relegations? How will they be handled while the leagues are unplayable?

Amateur
    Slightly envious of you and your position :-/

Quote Originally Posted by markyosullivan View Post
    Hoping that as league reputation increases - the prize money and sponsorship received will increase also!
    Hope so too. The old hard-coded argument might come into play tho...?

Any prospect of Euro and/or domestic league reshuffles some years into the future? Could be a tickbox option for tht to occur at a random time? Would like more variety in all of the interaction screens and the standard messages from staff. Two ways of saying the same thing is still more interssting than one way. Its only text, please SI make it even better! Cant wait for Patch 12.3

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TSH View Post
    Do people realistically expect SI to care for the A.I.? They haven't fixed it for years and almost every A.I. area of the game is terrible.
    LOL Barcelona sold Messi to Man U and signed Jack Collison at CB in the 2nd season of my current save, enuff said

Amateur

Are the players going to do press conferences and say stupid things?

Are newgens going to have controversies in their lives that makes them harder to manage? (I realise you cant really go mad with the real players in case the little sweethearts get upset at their implied naughtiness and bring out their lawyers!) Whatever happened to 'has personal problems', lets expand on that?

Sorry if this has all been asked and answered elsewhere btw

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mdbussen View Post
    Also, for what it's worth, the new font on the screenshots looks like a step backwards IMO :P
    Not much improvement certainly, but I think SI maybe know the fan skinners can do a better job...? I would prefer the developers to concentrate on the hard c0oded aspects that cant be fiddled with by talented FM-geeks fr the benefit of the community, long may the uninspiring interface continue!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
    Still no sign of the magic phrases that would restoke my love:

"A complete overhaul of youth development"
    "A complete overhaul of training and player development"
    "A complete overhaul of scouting"
    "A complete overhaul of AI squad management"

But happy to see tone, been arguing for that for a while. Hopefully see it in Press Conferences soon too?
    Couldnt agree more mate!!! Those are all the things i wanted to see overhauled. Id have thought at least one of those would've been mentioned with the first announcement, if they had been changed. Still, would be wrong to speculate this early on that nothing has been done about them but ive fallen out of love with FM over the past 3 or so years so as you say, i need something(s) to rekindle my love for the game!

Semi Pro

Could anyone see any difference between the Director cam and TV cam?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jagermeister View Post

I want the national anthems for the internationals matches.
    wtf Worthless useless feature that will be interesting just one time.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by tom_15390 View Post
    Could anyone see any difference between the Director cam and TV cam?
    I was unsure about that as well. But very happy with some of the other offerings. Looking forward to more announcements and additional features being outlined.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by martvez View Post
    wtf Worthless useless feature that will be interesting just one time.
    for you perhaps

Amateur

It seems pretty good, Liking the ideas of some of the new fetures the possiblity for my 2012 career save have really opened up with the mange anywhere anytime. Looking forward to seeing what effect Tone has on private chats, remeber when the feature was added last year players getting ofended to easily was a major problem when chatting with them. Hopfully it will makes the man management side of the game alot more fun now. The screens of the new team reports are looking like a massive improvement to the game as well.

Just out of intrest is there any plans to do a podcast in the build up to the release? Looking forward to listening to you Si guys chat about the game, football in genral and play abit of feature roulette,

Semi Pro
    Love Big Ron story..Gary Birtles gets knocked out pyhsio tells Ron Birtles doesnt know who he is..

sounding great always look forward to the new releases!! love the idea of adding extra playable nations to a saved game great option

hoping there will be the option of loaning players as part of a transfer deal(eg take man u for example say I want to buy rodwell everton might be more likely to sell if they get cash and say a player like macheda on loan for a season)
    you get your transfer budget given to you earlier than now so you can make offers before window opens
    would love the ability to add edited db's to saved games as per the extra playable nations option......or a saved game editor(so you can keep up with transfers/sackings/injuries/takeovers etc etc without waiting for lenghty updates

perhaps to make things even more realistic in player interaction there should be an option where you can tell one of your players to tap up a targeted player whilst on international duty on your behalf.......hows about being able to contact agents to do the same thing i.e. offering a contract before a deal has been done thus making a player request a transfer ...a bit naughty and i'm sure this is never done in real life
    Last edited by kingrobbo; 18-08-2011 at 05:36.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post
    I too am desperate to see a VASTLY improved AI intelligence in the way they manage their squad, go after transfers and hopefully make it really hard for you to dominate- it is too easy and not so much fun at the moment imo when you reach the top. I want to see rich ambitious chairmen make it their mission to end your dominance and pour fortunes into getting the best talent around to do so- maybe even try to hire you for big money too, recognising the hue role the manager has in a clubs' success and trying to buy that in for his club, like Chelsea aiming to break Man Utd and formerly Arsenal dominance by hiring Mourinho/AVB.
    Couldn't agree more.

I'll start dominating and Man Utd will try and break me by hiring Stuart Pearce.

Just ain't right.

Semi Pro
    Love Big Ron story..Gary Birtles gets knocked out pyhsio tells Ron Birtles doesnt know who he is..

Quote Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post
    I agree perhaps there should be an option/sliding scale where teams are likely to spend their budgets...even get extra loans etc to buy top players..........as now it is unrealistic when you get an offer accepted at a reasonable price and teams sitting on £100m plus dont bother to bid/guzzump you

Amateur
    Ipswich (Aus) - Queensland NPL Researcher

I don't have Germany loaded in my FM11 game. But I just looked at a players history for Mainz. I'm in 2014. Looking at Mainz, it seems they have spent a couple of years in the Bundasliga and a couple in a blank league, so I assume Mainz has been relegated and promoted in the last couple of game years - if this is true I guess this means the number of teams from the non-playable leagues able to appear in Europe will be larger. I think in previous verison the teams always stayed in their non-playable division year in year out.

Part-Timer

I'm definitely ready to love this series all over again....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast