+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2012 Announced!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by r.midt View Post
    I really hope there will be more good brittish talents end newgens.. i have always struggled finding good brittish talents after playing som seasons... Look at Chamberlain , gret talent but terrible on fm...
    Britain have no talent, all the talent comes from Spain, Germany, Brazil and Italy.

England produces crap like Gareth Barry...

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Rubentus_Juventus View Post
    Britain have no talent, all the talent comes from Spain, Germany, Brazil and Italy.

Yeah and italy full of talent is't it only thing italy good for last few years is a good bit of corruption and match fixing

Part-Timer

haha wat have England done that is significant in the last 10 yrs?

what has your random trolling got to do with the announcements?

Anyway, does anyone know when the blogs start?

Third Team

Not been full of corruption and swindlers, cant remember last time a italian season started without a team or 2 been deducted points for cheating or players banned for year for cheating

Semi Pro
    Love Big Ron story..Gary Birtles gets knocked out pyhsio tells Ron Birtles doesnt know who he is..

thought this was about fm12.....................take the argument somwhere else

Semi Pro
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by kingrobbo View Post
    Totally agree. If we cannot post intelligently then any sensible requests for more information or clarification of features announced will only fall on deaf ears.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by kingrobbo View Post
    True i just thought that guys post needed a response

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by markyosullivan View Post
    Was available last year so I'm sure it will be available in FM12.
    There's match fixing talkings, and Turkish Football Federation maybe won't give team licences to games.

Amateur

Lets try and stay on topic please.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Äktsjon Männ View Post
    The stats stuff and the squad depth screens look nice. Won't be much use of course if the match engine isn't up to scratch, but we'll have to wait and see about that. Manage anywhere etc sounds great, hoping it is as straightforward as advertised. Also like the interface changes.
    Totally agree that squad depth analysis looks like a 'small feature' that will become absolutely essential to long-term squad development and transfer strategy. The current 'assistant report' is ok for getting some indication of what your starting 11 might look like, but pretty useless for finding out where your gaps or excesses are further down the depth chart. Thanks for this!

Part-Timer

I really liked that team report to get a better idea of how strong is your team compared to the rest of the league, i always enjoyed to see that on the pre-season meeting so it's great to have that information available.

Amateur

Is gameplay becoume hardly to win in 3d match? In FM2011 i won too easy.

The management game is ok for me but AI must improve respect 2011 version

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kanukki View Post
    Totally agree that squad depth analysis looks like a 'small feature' that will become absolutely essential to long-term squad development and transfer strategy. The current 'assistant report' is ok for getting some indication of what your starting 11 might look like, but pretty useless for finding out where your gaps or excesses are further down the depth chart. Thanks for this!
    If the AI also uses it potentially if could solves some of the long term AI problems.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kanukki View Post
    I just find it funny that a feature that was found in EHM 2005 took 7 years to get into FM, kind of silly IMO. But yes, it's an excellent feature, should really help out.

I've updated the original post with another video that has just been released showcasing Goalkeepers in the new Match Engine. Go check it out

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Bertie BG View Post
    I've updated the original post with another video that has just been released showcasing Goalkeepers in the new Match Engine. Go check it out
    thats what I came in here to do, except the editing of the firts post bit, meh! :P

looks quite good so far, and the various teams means those complaining about only seeing Wimbledon can shut up finally

Part-Timer

10 shots, about 5 clear cuts and not one goal. Super keeper much :P

I love the clip where the cross comes in from deep and the goalkeeper punches it away from danger, that happens all too rarely on FM11. Here's hoping there will be more of that in FM12

Amateur

Yeah the AI really needs to improve. In real life sir alex is extremelly intelligent on the game he is daft, for example im chelsea playing againt manchester united in the fa qauter final againt man u then alex ferguson picks a team full of 17/18 years olds whiles i play a first team then he looses 3-0 and is on the verge of getting sackrd also he makes the stupidest of signings which makes his team play awful. Please sort it out si.

First Team Squad Member

at least the snow looks much better this year, it was horrible in FM11, i had to turn off weather effects because of it.

Part-Timer

OMG, did i just see a keeper coming out the 6yard box to stop the cross? [1:41]
    Fantastic!
    Really enjoy video! Great work SI!

Amateur

the goalkeeper edition video looks great.Maybe we finally be able to see some nice goalkeeping performances instead of dolls between woodwork's.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    at least the snow looks much better this year, it was horrible in FM11, i had to turn off weather effects because of it.
    +1 on this. Maybe, it won't be raining on a sunny day without a cloud in the sky this year, either.

Amateur

What was done with Russia? Will it have the real life tranisitional schedule, or will it continue with the previous shedule?

Third Team

I'd like to see more emphasis on the youth team and how your youth is allocated/acquired

Amateur

Regarding the Manage Anytime Anywhere feature, I assume that this won't however enable us to add/remove editing files (edt/xml) on the fly as these are database changes? From how I understand it, adding a new league would simulate all its players from the original database, but making database changes mid-game would be impossible.

Not a big problem, but if one wanted the option of lower leagues or leagues outside the default playable ones, you'd still need to make these changes at the beginning of a save rather being able to turn them on mid-way.

Amateur

With FM12 the spl teams should and no doubt will have their ca lowered a bit more.

theres a massive gulf between the english teams and scottish, id say rangers and celtic would struggle in the Premier League. They might be good in the Championship.
    But all the other Spl teams are League One standard at best.

on itv they said hearts are the 3rd biggest team in scotland and are expected to finish 3rd, hahaha no wonder its always only between rangers and celtic in the entire spl history.
    they were awful against Spurs. Ive seen bottom half championship sides put in a better performance than that against Spurs in the League Cup/ Fa Cup. (no modric/crouch/king either) Then the same Spurs team (apart from Gomes) got battered by Man Utd.

i fear for hearts going to white hart lane, probably end up a double figure aggerate score

First Team Squad Member

Why would you lower an entire nations worth of players based on one game? Hearts were rightly completely out played, but when Van Der Vart makes more than their entire squad its not hard to see why. Anyway its not like ANY of the current hearts players would play well in the EPL anyway.
    You clearly have no knowledge of scottish football so why your commenting on it i have no idea.

Amateur

Agreed. I don't think he's the only one. I cringe when they even try to talk about Scottish football in the pod cast. Fact is the Scottish league is struggling a bit financially right now. Which means most of the top players are moving to England. Looking at the quality of some of those players - Charlie Adam (product of Rangers) was one of the players of the season last year, Stephen Fletcher (product of Hibs) scored 5 in 5 to keep Wolves up, then James McArthur, Christoff Berra and David Goodwillie to name but a few. If anything the financial situation of the clubs should be downgraded but the PA/CAs upgraded.

As for Hearts everyone knows that they can be incredibly unpredictable - sacking one of the best managers in the league and bringing in a stooge is an almost annual event down Tynecastle (and I say this as a Hearts supporter) no wonder they fell apart against a good side.

Amateur

I am loving them goalkeeper animations and the way the match engine is so smooth and fluid and actually looks like a football match and not some bots playing top stuff

Amateur

Will Financial Fair Play rules be incorporated into FM12?

Amateur

The video shows good teams but i hope the match won't be so fluid for lower league and the matchs will be different and sometime it should be boring as real.

Semi Pro

gk still skate on the grass wen already on the ground :/

Amateur

Look much better

Do we know when we will have confirmation as to whether or not the system requirements for FM12 will differ from FM11?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    Good point this, as hopefully it will level out the playing field for transfers

Amateur

Nice to see more of the stadium.

Semi Pro

The match engine videos look like everyone is floating around the pitch. Are there animations missing or something?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by r.midt View Post
    I really hope there will be more good brittish talents end newgens.. i have always struggled finding good brittish talents after playing som seasons... Look at Chamberlain , gret talent but terrible on fm...

I'd say that the British players are overrated in FM2011; However, the amount of top-notch newgens and regens from the Netherlands has been astonishingly low.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by noikeee View Post
    The match engine videos look like everyone is floating around the pitch. Are there animations missing or something?
    I particularly like the guy moonwalking in the GK video. (approx 1:44)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by skumlepappa View Post
    I only hope for FM12 they can include a "cancel change tactic" button. How many times have you prepared your final substitution and while it is waiting to change, you get a red card or an injury. Or a goal for that matter. It shouldn't really be that hard...
    This. So much this. It's a bug (or design flaw if you prefer) introduced several releases ago. Happened to me so much, I stopped playing.

Fix this, I'll buy FM12. Don't and I go back to FM06 as I have done for the last few years.

I don't care about any of the new features that match. They're just a bonus.

All I want is a game that doesn't infuriate me by forcing substitutions to be agreed so far in advance you don't even know what the score will be when they're made and you get no chance to cancel them even though the score has changed since you set the instruction. In real life, managers cancel pending subs when the score has changed. FM11/10/09/08 forces you to stick to them - creating scenarios where you go ultradefensive for the last 5 minutes of a match even though you're no longer winning or even when you're losing. Grr....

Fix the subs bug this year. Please.

Banned

Agreed, thats a must fix. Its so annoying that you can leave a guy when hes just scored or change your sub because of a change in scoreline.

Mr Digsy

Quote Originally Posted by LC- Foxes View Post
    With FM12 the spl teams should and no doubt will have their ca lowered a bit more.

theres a massive gulf between the english teams and scottish, id say rangers and celtic would struggle in the Premier League. They might be good in the Championship.
    But all the other Spl teams are League One standard at best.

on itv they said hearts are the 3rd biggest team in scotland and are expected to finish 3rd, hahaha no wonder its always only between rangers and celtic in the entire spl history.
    they were awful against Spurs. Ive seen bottom half championship sides put in a better performance than that against Spurs in the League Cup/ Fa Cup. (no modric/crouch/king either) Then the same Spurs team (apart from Gomes) got battered by Man Utd.

i fear for hearts going to white hart lane, probably end up a double figure aggerate score
    Sigh, I don't know where to begin with this.

Basing your opinion (as it seems to me) on the outcome of one football match is folly. This is the same SPL that has produced two Europe League finalists in the last eight seasons and teams in the knock-out phase of the Champions League. With Rangers and Celtic both gaining some respectable results against English opposition in the process. Oh, and Aberdeen making into the knock-out phase of the Europe League also.

I would also like to highlight the increasing amount of Scottish players moving to EPL teams and performing well.

I'm not denying there's issues with competitiveness in the SPL, these issues are present in England and Spain (I am not comparing the quality of the SPL with the EPL or La Liga).

Just please think about what your say and try and back up your rational with a decent body of evidence.

Now, back to FM12!
    Last edited by Mr Digsy; 24-08-2011 at 15:42. Reason: typo

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Digsy View Post
    I would also like to highlight the increasing amount of Scottish players moving to EPL teams and performing well.
    As a Middlesbrough fan, I feel compelled to highlight our squad of last season.

First Team Squad Member

I think Strachan had lost the plot when he took over Boro, speaking as a dons fan for any club to pay us £500k for Lee Millar when he had 6 months left on his contract had to be the worst piece of buisness any club was involved at the time, we could not believe our luck up here!!! Barry Robson and Thompson have done quite well for you tho. McManus usually gets a game as well doesnt he?

Semi Pro

McManus is doing alright now, though we did lack any experienced defenders when we signed him. Robson and McDonald are getting better under Mowbray now. Thomson is good when he isn't injured (but he is all the time), Andy Halliday has been OK in his handful of games, but hasn't really impressed, while Kris Boyd was utter garbage. Chris Killen failed to impress, Willo Flood tried hard but didn't really have the ability, and Lee Miller has just gone to Carlisle on a free.

I think that covers it?

First Team Squad Member

hahahaha yeah i forgot about Killen, he couldnt even get a game for Celtic under Strachan so i could never understand that, Flood your completely right about, tries hard with little end product. Boyd just should never have left Scotland, a very very average player but very good at putting the ball in the net against rubbish teams. Thompson would be a great player for you but he has had terrible luck with broken bones hasnt he? Shame because he is a very solid player on his day.

Honestly i still laugh today about the Miller deal, i dont think we will ever do a better piece of business in our clubs history, Strachan must have felt sorry for us at the time!!

Semi Pro

The rumours going around our club now he's gone are that Miller wasn't signed for footballing reasons. I dunno what we were hoping for, either we were going to nick some more Aberdeen players on the cheap, or we were going to send some back, but it sounds like a shady deal on our part.

First Team Squad Member

Now that would make sense, there is just no way in hell it was a good decision from Boro, he was a very very average player at best and you could have gotten him for free at the end of the season! McGee and Strachan are best mates so im guessing it was tied into that, saying that its not like we ever used the money on anything other than paying off the debts!!

Semi Pro

Taking over another club to buy an average player from your supported team for a vastly inflated transfer fee, then soon after resigning?

Most people on these forums would say that's cheating

First Team Squad Member

hahahahahaha strachan is in the FM mindset obviously!!

Part-Timer
    Playing FM here: http://fm-fmo.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by tom_numbers View Post
    The rumours going around our club now he's gone are that Miller wasn't signed for footballing reasons. I dunno what we were hoping for, either we were going to nick some more Aberdeen players on the cheap, or we were going to send some back, but it sounds like a shady deal on our part.
    Yep, definately something more to that deal than meets the eye. Maybe Strachan had a conscience over it in the end because he left Boro and turned down any compensation package he was due.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wally13 View Post
    Yeah and italy full of talent is't it only thing italy good for last few years is a good bit of corruption and match fixing
    wow, England won the world cup, what, 45 yrs ago and counting and England fans have never shut up about it; Italy won it only 5 years ago AND Italian teams won the champions league in 2007 and 2010, not bad for the last five years imo, especially as an English team has only won the C.L once in that time whilst the national team struggle to even qualify for tournaments.

I don't think Italy are doing too bad.

Amateur

SI, I was hoping to see more of those scenarios whereby,

one-on-ones:

a) the GK accidentally trips the player and earns a yellow/red.
    b) GK saving with his outstretched foot.
    c) player fakes the GK to commit early and rounds him to score.
    d) draws the GK out of his line and chips over his body.
    e) double point-blank reflex saves/tip overs.

Shots:

a) Out of position GK beaten by lob shots.
    b) More variable in height of saves, E.g: low, medium, high

Lastly, reduce the scenarios where the GK just "freezes" when the player dribbles near/past him and scores.

Nevertheless, thanks for the improvements made so far to be as close to real life as possible. Shall be looking forward to more real life scenarios improvement in coming months.
    Last edited by kcg11; 24-08-2011 at 18:35.

Part-Timer

Has the..

goalkick --> midfield header --> fast striker one on one

..move been fixed in this FM12 engine?

I think most people have experienced it;

Opposing goalkeeper boots the ball up field, your central midfielder heads it forward, your fast striker latches on to it and gets a clear one on one. About 75% of goals scored seemed to be because of these all-to-common moves.
    Last edited by Erimus1876; 24-08-2011 at 19:07.

Banned

The goalkeepers are awesome, but the defenders still look and act like mindless hacks.

Amateur

regarding the breaking Champions League news with Fenerbahce being withdrawn from the competition, what is going to happen in FM for this year? Will Fenerbahce compete for the Champions League in FM, or will it be the loser with the highest co-efficient?

Amateur

Gbr Chairman oppurtunity??

I would like them to introduce the option to become Chairman, through earning the right by gaining a certain amount of points,(say after 6/7 seasons minimum) and then choose 2 options, become chairman and manage full time or become chairman and appoint a manager, and then concentrate on attracting sponsors, stadium, facilities, staff contracts, meetings with managers and more...what do people think?

Amateur

Gbr Chairman oppurtunity??

I would like them to introduce the option to become Chairman, through earning the right by gaining a certain amount of points,(say after 6/7 seasons minimum) and then choose 2 options, become chairman and manage full time or become chairman and appoint a manager, and then concentrate on attracting sponsors, stadium, facilities, staff contracts, meetings with managers and more...what do people think?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by David Sc. View Post
    So picking a sponsor wil take what a few turns, what else are you going to do to make the game entertaining?
    You won't be able to control your team, you'd basically end up watching all the games as if they were AI vs AI.

I can't understand why people love this idea, I really can't.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post
    wow, England won the world cup, what, 45 yrs ago and counting and England fans have never shut up about it; Italy won it only 5 years ago AND Italian teams won the champions league in 2007 and 2010, not bad for the last five years imo, especially as an English team has only won the C.L once in that time whilst the national team struggle to even qualify for tournaments.

I don't think Italy are doing too bad.
    ...and just when I thought the toilet had been flushed!

Amateur

2 words for you fella - FIFA Manager

Amateur

Yeah I used to play that years ago, is it any good now?

I love FM, have played it since 1994! Got every version since then, but just feel it could do with the option of becoming a Chairman, as for what to do, interact all the stuff in the boardroom request, and meet with potential investors, scout players like a director of football, a lot of scope you could do, have a budget that you give to the manager for players keeping some to build stadium or prioritising whatever money you have to improve the club

Amateur

Don't want to use any bad language about FIFA Manager but let's say it belongs to people with a different approach to managing.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest166 View Post
    Don't want to use any bad language about FIFA Manager but let's say it belongs to people with a different approach to managing.
    Yes, people who like watching cartoon football

Although I've heard their match engine has been totally re-written for FifaM 12.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest166 View Post
    It's not a bad game, it just doesn't focus on football like FM does. And more to everything additional to that.
    FifaM is more arcade , FM is more simulation.

Amateur

Skipped fm11. Still playing fm10. So this will be a must-buy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Erimus1876 View Post
    Although I've heard their match engine has been totally re-written for FifaM 12.
    It's still gonna be gay.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by martvez View Post
    It's still gonna be gay.
    There's nothing wrong with a happy match engine!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DivineOne View Post
    It's not a bad game, it just doesn't focus on football like FM does. And more to everything additional to that.
    FifaM is more arcade , FM is more simulation.
    I'd say focusing on football in a football sim is pretty vital to being a good game really.

Loved TCM, but since it was rebranded it has been awful

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    I'd say focusing on football in a football sim is pretty vital to being a good game really.
    No, it's vital to a good football game. It's a good game that happens to go about football.

Amateur

Well, I never knew if you already can make this, but I hope you can stop a substitution if you need to. It happened to me sometimes that I make a substitution and before it happens the player scores or the rival does and I need to change plans

Amateur

I hope the improvements on International Management mean you can arrange Warm-UP matches before major tournaments before you have to pick your final squad. And to be able to hold these matches in the country that the tournament is due to take place in

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Danielos View Post
    For next FM it is about time to make a HUGE overhaul of the sound engine. When was it last updated? Ten years ago?? Specifically, we need lots of proper crowd noises for the lower leagues!
    Agree with you it has been bland for so long now, yes some play without the sound but a lot play with it and it badly needs overhauling.

Also will you be able to run with the lower leagues already activated and available (Below Conference North & South) without needing a degree to work out how to run them??

Amateur

Other thing I wondered is why didn't implement the Rule 225 in Argentina (You can play a suspended player if you have an injured player or a player gone for an international duty, but they have to pay that suspension later). It'd be neat to have that in-game
    Last edited by Vector; 25-08-2011 at 17:05.

Part-Timer

Have B teams been looked at properly for the new 2012 game? Are first team managers able to name the B team manager rather than have a news story stating "X may be fired if result does not come".
    For all its great highs, this is one aspect FM appears incapable of sorting out. B teams are really not all that difficult to understand and I cant see why in-game, they are always in financial trouble. Barcelona are the obvious one that comes to mind, the talent its B team is producing should be enough emphasis for Sigames to work on this and not have to wait on patches once again, like every other year.

Amateur

1) I really hope the team talks are improved, ive always let my assistant do them as they are all the same and you know the repucussions behind each answer, maybe the new tone system will change that but i can see it being the same just dressed up differantly.

2) I agree about AI team building, im fed up of them buying a player for a premium price and then never getting a game, its really become a game breaker for me on long saves.

3) im really happy about the ability to add leagues thats something ive always regretted once starting a save but now i can add when i want.

4)to me by far the most IMPORTANT thing, is that something interesting happens once you hit success, im bored now of 'being on everyones lips' or 'the mastermind behind the success' every time i win a comp, i take a conferance side to champions league success in 3-5 years and i get one news report and thats it, next season its as if nothing happened. also i have a player who has won 9 of these 8 of this etc, has made record goals for the club etc etc and he retires, thats it, its as if he never existed, where is his legacy?

i guess what im saying is i feel the game and the players need more character, its almost as if i can see the dice rolling behind the scenes.

5) CA and PA needs an overhaul in my opinion, it would be better if they where more dynamic and changed as the game went on. ie if you played an old cm/fm game where owen was say 22 years old, he would be a goal machine and would be until he was say 32, in real life he is still decent but declined due to injurys or what not. and that would be the same in todays game, if you picked aguero he would get you goals season after season, but in real life he may hit 28 and be average and playe for a team such as braga cos he declined after a few seasons. (just an example)

It would just be good if theyr abilitys changed, not just grow due to time and training, but there pa increaed/decreased due to factors such as injurys or moving team helped him improve.
    Last edited by Rub Rub; 25-08-2011 at 18:54.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Rub Rub View Post
    5) CA and PA needs an overhaul in my opinion, it would be better if they where more dynamic and changed as the game went on. ie if you played an old cm/fm game where owen was say 22 years old, he would be a goal machine and would be until he was say 32, in real life he is still decent but declined due to injurys or what not. and that would be the same in todays game, if you picked aguero he would get you goals season after season, but in real life he may hit 28 and be average and playe for a team such as braga cos he declined after a few seasons. (just an example)

It would just be good if theyr abilitys changed, not just grow due to time and training, but there pa increaed/decreased due to factors such as injurys or moving team helped him improve.
    This has been one of the only things i've actually wanted in the game for a while, don't get me wrong, the way they have it at the minute isn't bad, but if PA changed according to how the player is treated e.g. first team opportunities, mis-management or his temperament, his injury proneness etc I just think it would give developing a player a more rewarding feeling and an extra touch of realism. That's just my opinion though

Part-Timer

I would like this in to

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by toon army 06 View Post
    I would like this in to
    I don't understand why people would want to be a chairman....

Organise sponsors, hire a manager etc etc.. the game IMO would be pointless, you would probably have to holiday most of the time just for the next thing to do.

Amateur

I would like to know if the new FIFA financial regulation will take a place in the new upcoming FM12.

Third Team

Goalkeepers anims look a lot better, the players still look stiff though so ill probably stick to 2d matchdays

Amateur

Will it have Steamworks like FM11?

Sorry if its been answered already I didn't read the whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    oh really hope that this comes in!

Amateur

Now what I want to know is what font is that using, because it looks hot. http://footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/ima...eamreport2.jpg
    Last edited by DeadPanda; 26-08-2011 at 16:24.

Youth Team

Transfers & Contracts – significant changes to the transfer and contract systems, including loyalty bonuses, better implementation of amateur and youth contracts, an improved transfer centre and the ability to lock areas of the contract negotiation when you aren't prepared to budge. This helps you to manage your budgets and gives you flexibility in what you offer money hungry players, or agents, as incentives.

Scouting improvements – using several real life scouting reports, a new in-game report has been devised which includes squad analysis, tactics information and information about goals scored and conceded alongside lots of other scouting improvements, giving you all the information you need to prepare before kick-off and throughout the season.

3D Match Improvements – new animations, a whole new crowd system, improved weather system, more stadiums, plus two brand new cameras - "Behind Goal" and "Director Cam" as well as all other camera angles being reversible - meaning you can watch and analyse every aspect of every game.
    These are things I raved about last season! Glad to see that the SI team took on board. It may not have been my idea they read. But it's definitely points I brought up time and time again! Thanks SI <3

On top of these key innovations, there are lots of areas of the game that have had huge improvements, such as the media system, press conferences, the youth system, newgens, the social networking options, friendlies, international management and many more which will be detailed in a series of video blogs over the coming months, alongside more information about Football Manager 2012.
    I can't wait. It's going to be EPIC!

Amateur

Another addition i'd like to see is the naming of squads for away fixtures so that players can be rested and left at home, or players who are due to be sold can be left at home too

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Alborzinho View Post
    oh really hope that this comes in!
    Ohh dear god, that will completely change the way i play the game.

Just my wishlist is the Match Engine let me to be Guardiola.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Themer View Post
    If the AI also uses it potentially if could solves some of the long term AI problems.
    Took those words from my mind right before I saw your post.

First Team Squad Member

Anyone know if the Russian League changes for next season (where, iirc, the season will run from August-May) will be in FM12?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Suggy33 View Post
    Anyone know if the Russian League changes for next season (where, iirc, the season will run from August-May) will be in FM12?
    Normally changes like that are in, unless they're not yet official, or unless it's been decided couple weeks before release day (and then they probably put it in via patch).

Part-Timer

Tone? aw god not more emphasis on team talks? What about eye contact and body language? We should be able to walk around the dressing room and press 'w' to wave our arms or 's' to shake fists. Or is that for 2013?

sarcasm by the way.

Team talks ruin this game. So much influence on results. If you can't figure out the tedious pattern to team talks then you might as well give up as a virtual manager because you wont have any consistancy or success.

Part-Timer

Leave it to your assistant if/when it gets tedious. He'll do fine most of the time (following the same AI logic as your opposition), especially with a decent Motivating skill.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Scab View Post
    Leave it to your assistant if/when it gets tedious. He'll do fine most of the time (following the same AI logic as your opposition), especially with a decent Motivating skill.
    That's not good enough, and I would never let my assman give the half time team talk.

Part-Timer

I suppose I could be looking at this the wrong way, but to have him do well relative to his Motivating skill seems quite appropriate..? Get an assistant who's very good at it and he'll rarely go wrong while you can focus on other things that you enjoy more.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by DivineOne View Post
    Normally changes like that are in, unless they're not yet official, or unless it's been decided couple weeks before release day (and then they probably put it in via patch).
    http://www.uefa.com/memberassociatio...l?cid=PULSE_TW

The story broke last September, but I don't know how much else has been said about it.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Scab View Post
    I suppose I could be looking at this the wrong way, but to have him do well relative to his Motivating skill seems quite appropriate..? Get an assistant who's very good at it and he'll rarely go wrong while you can focus on other things that you enjoy more.
    If you have a team of Determined professionals who love carrying the world on their shoulders, leaving it all up to the assistant is fine, as he tells them "for the fans" 99/100 times.

If one of those players is a player who lacks the consistency, pressure handling, determination and professionality to handle that, your assistant will not tell him "no pressure" or other pressure-light team talks. The result is that he will become nervous, and he will play poorly and make mistakes, clear the ball away when he shouldn't, run more slowly, make poor decisions, miss his shots/tackles/marking/dribbles etc etc. On top of that, nervousness seems to be a contagious disease that spreads throughout the team until everyone "got it" and then they die. If more than one of your players are nervous, you're essentially looking at a post-apocalyptic scenario akin to 28 Days Later and the Rage Virus... only they curl into a fetal position and start crying instead of turning into zombies.

Similarly, if the team morale is poor and you haven't won in a while, the assistant doesn't care that confidence needs to be built up wherever possible, so if you go into half-time and the score is a draw, he will be disappointed if the betting companies think you are the favourite - no matter what! If the situation is the opposite; team morale is superb, you're on a winning streak and the entire team thinks it's a turn-up-and-win match they're going into - he still say "for the fans" and as a result the whole team is complacent. If you lose that match ending your winning streak, the assistant won't consider that you lost confidence, and he will still say "for the fans", "expect a performance" and stuff like that... often resulting in another loss because morale and confidence is on its way down after a loss (apparently).

If you want to know why the AI (and you, if you listen to the ass.man) go from a winning streak to a losing streak as if the whole game was pre-programmed, this is why.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by martvez View Post
    It's still gonna be gay.
    Ooooh! A word associated with homosexuality used in a negative way :-( - ffs, is it still 1981in these forums?????? What next, use of the words "Queer" and the "N" word? I feel the forums could do without this kind of terminology. ....and I make no apologies if I am being oversensitive here, this not an isolated use of the word "Gay" in these forums as amocking gesture recently. Sort it out SI Mods...please.
    Last edited by tigerhgrrrrrr; 28-08-2011 at 16:04. Reason: added word "please"

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tigerhgrrrrrr View Post
    Ooooh! A word associated with homosexuality used in a negative way :-( - ffs, is it still 1981in these forums?????? What next, use of the words "Queer" and the "N" word? I feel the forums could do without this kind of terminology. ....and I make no apologies if I am being oversensitive here, this not an isolated use of the word "Gay" in these forums as amocking gesture recently. Sort it out SI Mods...please.
    Are YOU still in the 80's?

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....icle671972.ece

Language evolves. Deal with it.

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by tigerhgrrrrrr View Post
    Sort it out SI Mods...please.
    Saying "sort it out" in a thread isn't much use really, use the report button if you have an issue.

Remember it's the summer holidays, and saying "gay" to mean "bad" is something kids do a lot. We can't change that (though we'll try), but hopefully their education will.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast