Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 101 to 200 of 281

Thread: Football Manager Live

  1. #101
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Location
    Khano's Weapons HQ
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    I also had some crazy players Some bug that released youths who all 20s Just hope it should come back in the near future I don't think it costs that much to run a couple of servers.

  2. #102
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th September 2006
    Posts
    409

    Default

    I bet if SI opened a gameworld with capacity for 2000 managers for 66p per day it would fill.

  3. #103
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    8th February 2012
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    It had a lot of criticism , but the one thing that can't be disputed is that they got the environment spot on, the chat rooms and the tools for player v player interaction was great in building up communities.

    Was great just logging on to see what was going on in the little fml universe, even if you didn't play any matches.

  4. #104
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    14th July 2008
    Location
    Rossendale, Lancashire
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    i still chat to a few of the people i met on FML , the chat is realistically one of the things missing with fm12 , glad to of experienced it but happy to have been able to reclaimed my life after it ended :P
    play ps3 with a few former mods a few times a week .

  5. #105
    Moderator
    Join Date
    28th June 2004
    Location
    Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.
    Posts
    34,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
    Arca that's it. What was the DMC called? He was awesome, he was like a young Pirlo.

    I think I had about £30 million due to using youths and investing like you did. I was able to start making more once I got my JP up though was well worth the 4 months investment learning.

    I still try doing same in FM now but it's just not the same as the AI don't quite develop players like we did.

    No doubt about it we would have dominated the GW for years. People might have thought that would be unfair but we sacrifised a lot of seasons to build a team capable of doing well for years. I mean we played all youths against worldclass sides who were already developed. Not many choose the route we did and tried to build for the future. Your side was just starting to mature if I remember right as you had a lot of people hitting 22 and due to the training and amount of games they had, had developed awesome.
    I can't remember the DM. I'll have to fire my laptop up and see if I can find the pictures of some of them.

    Given three more seasons I reckon the both of us would have been constantly in the top five - there were a few other teams in our GW that were just insane.

  6. #106
    Moderator
    Join Date
    28th June 2004
    Location
    Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.
    Posts
    34,606

    Default

    I've found them

  7. #107
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    8th February 2012
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickMegarity View Post
    i still chat to a few of the people i met on FML , the chat is realistically one of the things missing with fm12 , glad to of experienced it but happy to have been able to reclaimed my life after it ended :P
    play ps3 with a few former mods a few times a week .
    This was the big problem - if you wanted to even just be able to stay afloat in the game,as well as be a good player and turn up for your league matches, the amount of hours you had to put in was astronomical.

    Its the little things I miss - the three different beeps you got when you started it up, all spaced around 2 seconds apart, telling you you had mail, there was news, and there was discussion mail too.

    Used to go - Beep (2seconds) Beep (2seconds) bbbb beep. It used to set the budgie off every time, and drive the missus crazy, although after a while she got to know the sounds, and if I was in another room and the big Der Der Der Der !! noise came on, she would shout me and tell me someone is challenging me to a game.

    We have a young baby now so going on FML would be near on impossible now.
    Last edited by gechal; 11-02-2012 at 02:52.

  8. #108
    Moderator
    Join Date
    28th June 2004
    Location
    Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.
    Posts
    34,606

    Default

    I had the echo-y message alert as my text message sound for ages.

  9. #109
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    8th February 2012
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ackter View Post
    I had the echo-y message alert as my text message sound for ages.
    Thats made me laugh!

    Quality

  10. #110
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    26th November 2008
    Location
    Priestfield
    Posts
    1,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ackter View Post
    SI tried everything they conceivably could and it was determined in the end that the game's design just didn't work in an MMO environment - it very, very nearly did imo, but ultimately it fell short leaving only a handful of hardcore (and successful - if they weren't successful they'd just keep jumping worlds until they were) players.
    I'm not sure those parentheses are entirely fair- the GWs I was in had plenty of us low/mid-ranking managers who weren't really very good, but who stayed with the GW because of the community. I'm not sure my team ever rose above 150th. Yes, there were a lot of GW hoppers, no doubt about it, but there were plenty who never did anything significant, at least in the GWs I played, and stayed put.

  11. #111
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th June 2005
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Don't think it was the situation of not having similar starting position. It was the situation of not being able to make being lower level exciting.

    In FM you would've had lot of fun finishing 6th in Conference. In FML finishing same position in 4th Div was a "meh?" achievement really.

    And in the end, for completely rookie players the tricks they needed to learn were not easy to obtain unless they created some bond with some experienced manager who taught them that (which required certain activity). The step from being successful in FM to being successful in FML is really hard to make and when someone didn't start off well, they were in a right hole. It required whole new level of understanding players, how the ME in itself works and most importantly team management is times more challenging than it is in FM if you'd start off without knowing anything or having anyone to help you.

    But if someone from the FML bunch becomes rich, they better pay SI to get this thing running again. :P

  12. #112
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th January 2012
    Location
    kavala
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanel View Post
    Don't think it was the situation of not having similar starting position. It was the situation of not being able to make being lower level exciting.

    In FM you would've had lot of fun finishing 6th in Conference. In FML finishing same position in 4th Div was a "meh?" achievement really.

    And in the end, for completely rookie players the tricks they needed to learn were not easy to obtain unless they created some bond with some experienced manager who taught them that (which required certain activity). The step from being successful in FM to being successful in FML is really hard to make and when someone didn't start off well, they were in a right hole. It required whole new level of understanding players, how the ME in itself works and most importantly team management is times more challenging than it is in FM if you'd start off without knowing anything or having anyone to help you.

    But if someone from the FML bunch becomes rich, they better pay SI to get this thing running again. :P
    this would never happen...si would never sale game or publish fml for other company....The ppl just don't give so much attention on live game cause fml worth 50$ per game....!!once they release it they have earned the money....if they release again fml they won't have so much profit and fml need ppl 24/24 and it doesn't worth it for 5$ per month....i personaly believe that si should split the ppl working on fml and fm or a new company should help them (that's why they cooperate with korean company about fmo)..!

  13. #113
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd January 2011
    Posts
    586

    Default

    FML is in a way similar to loads of different browser-based football management games on the Internet. Those who started early and/or those who put in a lot of hours have a huge advantage over others after a while. When a newbie joins, he gets easily discouraged when he sees what it would take and how much time it would take to be competitive on a larger scale. That's the problem you can't really solve.

  14. #114
    Moderator
    Join Date
    22nd February 2003
    Location
    www.clearcutchance.com
    Posts
    35,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shirajzl View Post
    FML is in a way similar to loads of different browser-based football management games on the Internet. Those who started early and/or those who put in a lot of hours have a huge advantage over others after a while. When a newbie joins, he gets easily discouraged when he sees what it would take and how much time it would take to be competitive on a larger scale. That's the problem you can't really solve.
    Actually (as a late starter myself) it was a lot more easier to get good players and build a brilliant squad on the cheap in an older GW. The only disadvanatge was the skills but they didn't really make it any harder to get a decent squad cheap.

  15. #115
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th November 2009
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Christ I miss the game. Just as I had gotten a ton of 4+ pots youths about to break into my first team the shutdown were announced. I was so gutted heh.

  16. #116
    Moderator
    Join Date
    28th June 2004
    Location
    Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.
    Posts
    34,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
    Actually (as a late starter myself) it was a lot more easier to get good players and build a brilliant squad on the cheap in an older GW. The only disadvanatge was the skills but they didn't really make it any harder to get a decent squad cheap.
    You had quite a lot of help, though

  17. #117
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th January 2012
    Location
    kavala
    Posts
    17

    Default

    let's make a charity to own fml rights :P
    Last edited by bon3z4tw; 12-02-2012 at 02:25.

  18. #118
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    21st July 2008
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    I must admit, I really really enjoyed FML when I actually played it but it was too easy for managers to abuse the system. Buying players for ridiculous amounts and keeping them on low wages added to the reluctance of people to sell some of their players meaning you're not always able to get who you want.

    I'll admit, towards the end SI fixed a lot of the bugs and stuff but I think that the damage was already done by then.

  19. #119
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th January 2012
    Location
    kavala
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sayengwar View Post
    I must admit, I really really enjoyed FML when I actually played it but it was too easy for managers to abuse the system. Buying players for ridiculous amounts and keeping them on low wages added to the reluctance of people to sell some of their players meaning you're not always able to get who you want.

    I'll admit, towards the end SI fixed a lot of the bugs and stuff but I think that the damage was already done by then.
    This is the true reason i think that many ppl left the game...many ppl had about 5 sub's etc...!!!but for me personally wasn't a trouble cause i was too good...someone who has cash of 5 sub's can't win someone who playing near 15 years....!

  20. #120
    Moderator
    Join Date
    22nd February 2003
    Location
    www.clearcutchance.com
    Posts
    35,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ackter View Post
    You had quite a lot of help, though
    When I started to go the youth route yeah but I had a great squad with players aged 24+ before that without help. As there was loads of good free or cheap players around due to the GW been established.

  21. #121
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th January 2012
    Location
    kavala
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
    When I started to go the youth route yeah but I had a great squad with players aged 24+ before that without help. As there was loads of good free or cheap players around due to the GW been established.
    the big database was too easy to make a good squad with less cash

  22. #122
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Location
    Khano's Weapons HQ
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ackter View Post
    I had the echo-y message alert as my text message sound for ages.
    That was such a great tone I miss it

  23. #123
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Location
    Khano's Weapons HQ
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    I think too many people got bored with loosing and left and SI couldn't afford that many servers with minimal people in each GW. Mabye if we create a couple of more servers for the hardcore fans? I know SI are making big profits so it won't cost them? I'm always hoping hahaha

  24. #124
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st January 2008
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abz Khan View Post
    I think too many people got bored with loosing and left and SI couldn't afford that many servers with minimal people in each GW. Mabye if we create a couple of more servers for the hardcore fans? I know SI are making big profits so it won't cost them? I'm always hoping hahaha
    I think i play with you in some gameworld Abz, Miller maybe? I misse it a lot too..i play at a regular 1/2 hours a day base... I try it in FM12 but normally the interest lower i need to start new save...

  25. #125
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th January 2012
    Location
    kavala
    Posts
    17

    Default

    fm without live sux \m/

  26. #126

    Default

    Would be awesome if they opened up one game world and give it another trial just to see how it went, and charge a subscription for it. Many here would jump at the chance.
    Im just so gutted i only joined a few months before the end . Losing never bothered me, you have to start somewhere and that was the challenge, working your way up. Not winning straight away. Guess though some others didn't see it like that, although you have got to ask what did they honestly expect

  27. #127
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th January 2012
    Location
    kavala
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve4evasaints View Post
    Would be awesome if they opened up one game world and give it another trial just to see how it went, and charge a subscription for it. Many here would jump at the chance.
    Im just so gutted i only joined a few months before the end . Losing never bothered me, you have to start somewhere and that was the challenge, working your way up. Not winning straight away. Guess though some others didn't see it like that, although you have got to ask what did they honestly expect
    that was a big true....but i really think that si don't listen in any offers

  28. #128
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    28th June 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,235

    Default

    As much as a few of us really enjoyed it, there are no plans to bring it back as it stands. Sorry - it's not as simple as just throwing up a server - sorting out hardware, maintenance, licensing costs etc just don't really make sense unless you can get to certain economies of scale.

    Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

  29. #129

    Default

    None of us said it was straight forward, but if the demand is there surely its got to be considered? Obviously just by this thread alone wouldn't be enough to go on of course, but one gameworld would be cheaper than having the number FML did?

    I think we are clutching at straws here guys :P

  30. #130
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    28th June 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,235

    Default

    I think you're right!

  31. #131
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th October 2008
    Location
    Leiria
    Posts
    2,283

    Default

    FML features should be Integrated with Normal FM it would make the game profit even more, lets face it the current multi-player component of FM is not changed in ages and its still very basic

  32. #132
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th October 2008
    Posts
    983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aim_Less View Post
    FML features should be Integrated with Normal FM it would make the game profit even more, lets face it the current multi-player component of FM is not changed in ages and its still very basic
    I completely agree here. There has been zero development in that area for at least a couple of years, and to actually make FM work over the internet, you have to install Hamachi. That cant be right.

    I could partly understand the lack of development when FML was in production, as SI/Sega would compete with themselves. But now that FML is dead and buried and never to be resurected, SI should dedicate the resources to at least making it possible to play a network game over the internet, at a speed that is acceptable. No lag or need for 3rd party programs should be a min. specification.

  33. #133
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th October 2008
    Location
    Leiria
    Posts
    2,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneColdA View Post
    I completely agree here. There has been zero development in that area for at least a couple of years, and to actually make FM work over the internet, you have to install Hamachi. That cant be right.

    I could partly understand the lack of development when FML was in production, as SI/Sega would compete with themselves. But now that FML is dead and buried and never to be resurected, SI should dedicate the resources to at least making it possible to play a network game over the internet, at a speed that is acceptable. No lag or need for 3rd party programs should be a min. specification.
    Xbox version of FM had a MP component that you could use your current squad and play against other people squads without need to create a network save . According to miles it used a microsoft technology , wonder why they don't put some effort to make this happen on the pc version
    You don't even need servers this could be done using P2P technology , the only thing that SI has to keep running is a match making system and some kind of ranking or leaderboards etc

  34. #134
    Moderator
    Join Date
    28th June 2004
    Location
    Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.
    Posts
    34,606

    Default

    That and the inclusion of proper match plans​.

  35. #135
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th October 2009
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    32

    Default

    I cant understand why any hardcore FM'er wouldnt have enjoyed FML, it took genuine skill to play, was so fun tactically.
    Personally I wouldn't pay a fee each month to play a game like this, when there are so many other online football managers on the net for free. I know that you can't compare, but still.

  36. #136
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Location
    Khano's Weapons HQ
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt - SEGA View Post
    As much as a few of us really enjoyed it, there are no plans to bring it back as it stands. Sorry - it's not as simple as just throwing up a server - sorting out hardware, maintenance, licensing costs etc just don't really make sense unless you can get to certain economies of scale.

    Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.
    Aaaaah that's a shame

    But regarding to other posts, I think some of the features such as Youth Academies and Managing the Stadiums and also the online features from FML should be given a go into FM. Especially the online features and the sense that your playing against other REAL managers would be great

  37. #137
    Moderator
    Join Date
    28th June 2004
    Location
    Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.
    Posts
    34,606

    Default

    I'm not sure the stadium stuff would be well received in FM, unfortunately.

  38. #138
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th October 2008
    Location
    Leiria
    Posts
    2,283

    Default

    yeah it would cause a riot in the forums . but the MP part of the game needs a revolution

  39. #139
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    11th October 2005
    Location
    Hull, home of Mr Wilberforce.
    Posts
    2,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aim_Less View Post
    yeah it would cause a riot in the forums . but the MP part of the game needs a revolution
    There was a thread in FMO about improving the network side of things, hope this will happen in FM13 as online play is in the dark ages compared to other online games.

  40. #140
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd August 2007
    Location
    Villa Park, Birmingham
    Posts
    706

    Default

    Anyone else sad enough to have kept screenshots of their teams? wish i had took more tbh, i had some other great variations, prob better than the ones i have screens for, but then again, i am pretty awesome haha

    i cant decide which of mine was better :P






  41. #141
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th October 2008
    Location
    Leiria
    Posts
    2,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorsmen View Post
    There was a thread in FMO about improving the network side of things, hope this will happen in FM13 as online play is in the dark ages compared to other online games.
    i got the felling it wont happen but :/ knowing how slow SI is on improving somethings

  42. #142
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    11th October 2005
    Location
    Hull, home of Mr Wilberforce.
    Posts
    2,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aim_Less View Post
    i got the felling it wont happen but :/ knowing how slow SI is on improving somethings
    I hope your feelings are wrong, would have been pointless posting that thread Ov made in FMO, lets keep our fingers and toes crossed it improves one day.

    And a side note to SI (in fun of course) concentrate less on the background houses and beaches and bring the flipping tunnel back i for one want visual realism and not walls and sand.

  43. #143
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Location
    Khano's Weapons HQ
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    Do you have a link to FMO, I need to see it Also yeah, there needs to be more multiplayer and online in FM, that would be quality

  44. #144
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    11th October 2005
    Location
    Hull, home of Mr Wilberforce.
    Posts
    2,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abz Khan View Post
    Do you have a link to FMO, I need to see it Also yeah, there needs to be more multiplayer and online in FM, that would be quality
    The thread has gone now unfortunately, not sure why it was removed though, maybe SI had gathered enough information of peoples thoughts on how it could be improved.

  45. #145
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th September 2006
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Guys, did you know that Football Manager Online is 1 Gameworld only?

  46. #146
    Reserves
    Join Date
    12th July 2011
    Location
    PSN/NNID/Gamertag: Bootador
    Posts
    14,345

    Default

    Korean FM Online site (I think)

    http://fm.paran.com/main.asp
    Last edited by Bootador; 15-02-2012 at 20:24.

  47. #147
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th November 2004
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    972

    Default

    Ahhhh the memories One of my no1's and on a very small wage bill of 180k! not bad considering the next few are all spending about 500k on wages and had to be constantly online buying and selling to keep going. I was a tactical genius :P


  48. #148
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Location
    Khano's Weapons HQ
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    Aaaaah the old FAs.....

  49. #149
    Moderator
    Join Date
    28th June 2004
    Location
    Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.
    Posts
    34,606

    Default

    Those aren't the old ones, they have the newer badges on them.

  50. #150
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Location
    Khano's Weapons HQ
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    Yeah, it was all about the World Famous XFA

  51. #151
    Moderator
    Join Date
    28th June 2004
    Location
    Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.
    Posts
    34,606

    Default

    The original OFA is where it was at. The Overnight Football Association was themed each season.

    First season was Crystal Maze theme so we had Ocean League, Futuristic Cup etc
    Second season was Aztec God theme with Tepozticatl Premiership etc...

    Shame we never actually got to play any matches because there wasn't enough entrants so we all had to rejoin the MFA again.

  52. #152
    Moderator
    Join Date
    28th April 2005
    Location
    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.
    Posts
    27,548

    Default

    Pffffft!! Monster FA was the place to be FML should never have come out of Beta it would still be going if it hadn't lol

  53. #153
    Moderator
    Join Date
    28th June 2004
    Location
    Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.
    Posts
    34,606

    Default

    GWs 1-3 would still be going strong definitely. Not so sure about the others as they weren't as experimental or just plain mental.

  54. #154
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    26th November 2008
    Location
    Priestfield
    Posts
    1,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kriss View Post
    FML should never have come out of Beta it would still be going if it hadn't lol
    Some would suggest it never did ;)

  55. #155
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th October 2008
    Location
    Leiria
    Posts
    2,283

    Default

    the only reason i never tried FML is monthly payments i refuse to play games that require monthly fees

  56. #156
    Moderator
    Join Date
    28th June 2004
    Location
    Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.
    Posts
    34,606

    Default

    It was actually well worth it.

  57. #157
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th November 2004
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abz Khan View Post
    Yeah, it was all about the World Famous XFA
    I was in the XFA in one of the old GWs but everyone left because I won it 9 seasons in a row :P

  58. #158
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th September 2006
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt - SEGA View Post
    As much as a few of us really enjoyed it, there are no plans to bring it back as it stands. Sorry - it's not as simple as just throwing up a server - sorting out hardware, maintenance, licensing costs etc just don't really make sense unless you can get to certain economies of scale.

    Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.
    There were licensing costs for the regen only worlds?

  59. #159
    Moderator
    Join Date
    19th December 2000
    Location
    Some people think I'm Bonkers, I just think I'm free!!!! :D
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneColdA View Post
    I completely agree here. There has been zero development in that area for at least a couple of years, and to actually make FM work over the internet, you have to install Hamachi. That cant be right.

    I could partly understand the lack of development when FML was in production, as SI/Sega would compete with themselves. But now that FML is dead and buried and never to be resurected, SI should dedicate the resources to at least making it possible to play a network game over the internet, at a speed that is acceptable. No lag or need for 3rd party programs should be a min. specification.
    You do not need to install Hamachi to play FM Online.

    Here is the link to Ov's thread in FMO about how to improve FM Online.

    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...M?daysprune=-1
    Last edited by Andy H; 17-02-2012 at 23:17.

  60. #160
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    9th August 2008
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    FML will always be the best game ever created (in my humble opinion), pity it was ran on a shoestring budget

    I would pay double the old subscription cost in a heartbeat if it ever came back.

  61. #161
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Location
    Khano's Weapons HQ
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    I also think the major downfall for FML was lack of advertising So many people that loved playing FM 2 players, didn't even know about FML

  62. #162
    Moderator
    Join Date
    28th June 2004
    Location
    Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.
    Posts
    34,606

    Default

    Sega aren't exactly known for their successful marketing campaigns.

    Even when they did finally push the boat out and advertise the hell out of Bayonetta, no-one bought it anyway meaning they probably won't push the boat out again.

    Shame really, it's a great game.

  63. #163
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    26th November 2008
    Location
    Priestfield
    Posts
    1,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ackter View Post
    Sega aren't exactly known for their successful marketing campaigns.
    And I bet you still don't have a SEGA CD.

  64. #164
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th October 2008
    Posts
    983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    You do not need to install Hamachi to play FM Online.

    Here is the link to Ov's thread in FMO about how to improve FM Online.

    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...M?daysprune=-1
    Maybe I have a blurry vision but I fail to see what besides the opening post of that thread, tells us about their commitment to making the internet play better.

    It really really sucks, they have acknowledged that in the past. But as they have chosen to link FM so close to Steam, why now have the opportunity to play a game vs friends via steam. Instead of having to fight with pretty advanced router setup.

  65. #165
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th October 2008
    Location
    Leiria
    Posts
    2,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneColdA View Post
    Maybe I have a blurry vision but I fail to see what besides the opening post of that thread, tells us about their commitment to making the internet play better.

    It really really sucks, they have acknowledged that in the past. But as they have chosen to link FM so close to Steam, why now have the opportunity to play a game vs friends via steam. Instead of having to fight with pretty advanced router setup.
    they had this on XBOX version of FM they should had make it to the PC version aswell

  66. #166
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Location
    Khano's Weapons HQ
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    Yeah mabye, better online against real people is what its all about

  67. #167
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th February 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I'd love FM Live to comeback! It's probably the best game I've played tbh and prefer it over the normal FM.

    Hopefully it may come back one day. Maybe start with one gameworld and instead of having a three/four month subscription fee make it 12 months so people will play the game in the long run and the serious people will join because it's a higher price for longer time. Then if it is going well do another gameworld. I'm sure there is at least enough ex-diehard football manager live fans who would play it again and if it makes money then worth doing.

    Plus you can also still buy FM Live and I was going to this week but it's a good job I checked here and had my hopes dashed.

    Bring back FM Live!
    Last edited by Jakenuttie; 27-02-2012 at 14:25.

  68. #168
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th February 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I'd love FM Live to comeback! It's probably the best game I've played tbh and prefer it over the normal FM.

    Hopefully it may come back one day. Maybe start with one gameworld and instead of having a three/four month subscription fee make it 12 months so people will play the game in the long run and the serious people will join because it's a higher price for longer time. Then if it is going well do another gameworld. I'm sure there is at least enough ex-diehard football manager live fans who would play it again and if it makes money then worth doing.

    Bring back FM Live!

  69. #169
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th October 2008
    Location
    Veroia, Greece
    Posts
    447

    Default

    Bring back FML. I did not manage to find a substitute for it yet.

  70. #170
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th July 2010
    Location
    Helmond, Holland
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Here are the first screenshots for UFL

    http://uflive.com/images/stories/new...creenshots.png

  71. #171
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th February 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Like Gerara I have not find something to replace it with!

    Whats the deal with UFL? Will it be as good as FML?

  72. #172
    Moderator
    Join Date
    28th June 2004
    Location
    Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.
    Posts
    34,606

    Default

    UFL is a game made by former-FML players who are trying to recreate the FML feel. Has been in the works since about a week after FML was announced that it was shutting down.

  73. #173
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th May 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    211

    Default

    aww I miss FML am still not over it !!

    At least I play FM Online to give me a little fix

  74. #174
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2000
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    662

    Default

    i know its only a game but i made allot of online gaming friends playing FML. We run a network game on a Sunday with FM which is great fun but i miss the accessibility of FML. I could come home from shift log on for 10 mins and have a blether, i could be up late after everyone was in bed and chill out and log on and you would have people online , the fact you could mold your team you could sit and chat. The community sold it for me along with a game that i was and still am a fan of.

  75. #175
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2000
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ackter View Post
    UFL is a game made by former-FML players who are trying to recreate the FML feel. Has been in the works since about a week after FML was announced that it was shutting down.
    i would be up for this, i wonder if Si would ever release the ME if they knew it as going to a dedicated fm fan base ;)

  76. #176
    Moderator
    Join Date
    28th June 2004
    Location
    Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.
    Posts
    34,606

    Default

    No, SI would never release the match engine.

  77. #177
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    17th November 2003
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    2,610

    Default

    Been missing FML a fair bit recently... I'm playing a lot of FM iat the moment but it is just far too easy in comparison. I'm still rocking with my old FML tactics and philosophy! Plus i have nothing to rage about any more ;)

  78. #178
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th October 2006
    Posts
    288

    Default

    I lid up seeing this thread! Have so many great memories from FML! Hope it comes back someday...

  79. #179
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th October 2009
    Posts
    44

    Default

    FML was the best game ever - never has a game caused so much emotion - I could be dancing round the room one match then wanting to fling my mouse around the room in annoyance the following game. The ability to just log on in seconds and have a quick match. Checking my mails every four weeks to see how successful my transfer bids were. Building the youth teams. The community. Oh, I really do miss it.

    Threads like this are important - it helps let SI know that there is still a demand out there for it - and looking at it, quite a big one. True, there are other management sims out there, but SI still have that important ME which set the game apart.

    Please one day bring this back....

  80. #180

  81. #181
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th October 2009
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Just seen this link which is interesting http://www.fmscout.com/a-sports-inte...ow-hiring.html

    Mentions from SI themselves that as well as FMO, they have plans for other football management titles too! Also mentions they have a bit of cash in the kitty so hopefully something for us in the UK

    Of course, it's a shame there's a need to develop a new game when there's a perfectly good one already made, with a massive fan base... unless they have any plans to revamp FML of course.

    And of course if SI need a year or two to plug the gap before our next UK treat (just being presumptious from their statement), we'll all be more than happy with gold old FML! I still think it would be a real cash cow - a relaunch would be massive bucks - retention obviously would be the problem but if we all got together to promote it and advertise it properly ourselves, the skies the limit....maybe they wouldn't need a new title after all ! And maybe retention would be ok, the game had just about got to a perfect state when it was turned off, so maybe people would hang around longer.

    Please SI, use some of your surplus cash to treat us, your loyal old FML fans!!!!

  82. #182
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th September 2006
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark77 View Post
    And of course if SI need a year or two to plug the gap before our next UK treat (just being presumptious from their statement), we'll all be more than happy with gold old FML! I still think it would be a real cash cow - a relaunch would be massive bucks - retention obviously would be the problem
    Not if FM Live was one gameworld only, then gameworlds couldn't die.

  83. #183
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    9th August 2008
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bag View Post
    Been missing FML a fair bit recently... I'm playing a lot of FM iat the moment but it is just far too easy in comparison. I'm still rocking with my old FML tactics and philosophy! Plus i have nothing to rage about any more ;)
    Same here, FML was the perfect outlet for my rage, now i just keep it all bottled up inside which can't be healthy, SI are literally damaging my health by not giving us FML back

  84. #184
    Moderator
    Join Date
    28th June 2004
    Location
    Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.
    Posts
    34,606

    Default

    Why not give UFL a try?

  85. #185
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    26th November 2008
    Location
    Priestfield
    Posts
    1,716

    Default

    I miss it so much, I'm travelling to Martinique to set up my own youth academy, just like I had in FML.

    ...as soon as I can work out where Martinique is.

  86. #186
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Location
    Khano's Weapons HQ
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    I'm waiting for UFL Looks good, but there will only ever be one FML Top game! SI neeeeed to bring it back

  87. #187
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Location
    Khano's Weapons HQ
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawlore View Post
    I miss it so much, I'm travelling to Martinique to set up my own youth academy, just like I had in FML.

    ...as soon as I can work out where Martinique is.
    Hahahaha I remember my Youth Academy in Vutalu A country that has a land area of 26km square

  88. #188
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th July 2009
    Posts
    70

    Default

    I've only just discovered this thread and UFL in the last 20 minutes but it's already getting those FML juices flowing again and I'll definitely be chipping in for the project.

    Weirdly I found it when reminiscing. I went into the Francescoli members group on steam. Then saw Scally was online and clicked on him which said he was a member of the Miller group on Steam, clicked on that and received a link to this thread, so nice work Abz ;)

    Rob.

  89. #189
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Location
    Khano's Weapons HQ
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    No Probs Rob I think this thread is gathering momentum so SI might want to reconsider hahahaha

  90. #190
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th May 2000
    Location
    RAMOS - FC Ballaghkeen
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Just for the record, in terms of games I ever played, FML was by far the best.... absolutely brilliant!

  91. #191
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th January 2008
    Posts
    186

    Default

    The main problem with this game is that when people struggle, they quit. On FM the simply start a new game. On FML they stop playing or move GW. I think that wiill always be a problem

  92. #192
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th February 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Basically FML is the main reason why i wanted to find out my login details so i could make a comment on this thread...

    Absolutely loved the game, and played it endlessly, would definately love it to come back no matter the cost....even though i wasn't that good at it, i never left and wanted to play on to try and make my club a force...

  93. #193
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th June 2008
    Posts
    194

    Default

    nearly a year since fml was gone

  94. #194
    Third Team
    Join Date
    3rd April 2003
    Location
    Kirkcaldy Fife, Xbox Live Gamertag: monty99/ PSN: Monty22
    Posts
    6,671

    Default

    and i`m not even missing it

  95. #195
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th February 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    As someone said before, i advise you to jump over to UFL and have a browse around, it definately looks really good, as could be the replacement we are looking for....

  96. #196
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Location
    Khano's Weapons HQ
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mckergan9 View Post
    Basically FML is the main reason why i wanted to find out my login details so i could make a comment on this thread...

    Absolutely loved the game, and played it endlessly, would definately love it to come back no matter the cost....even though i wasn't that good at it, i never left and wanted to play on to try and make my club a force...
    The same reason for everyone hahahaha

  97. #197
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Location
    Khano's Weapons HQ
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    UFL is looking pretty sick though! FML was in a league of its own though

  98. #198
    Third Team
    Join Date
    3rd April 2003
    Location
    Kirkcaldy Fife, Xbox Live Gamertag: monty99/ PSN: Monty22
    Posts
    6,671

    Default

    what i do miss is the old gameworlds cantona gw

  99. #199
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th February 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abz Khan View Post
    UFL is looking pretty sick though! FML was in a league of its own though
    Yeh i definately will be getting it when it gets released...signed up with the forum etc there...

    Maybe fill the gap of FML now

  100. #200
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th October 2006
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix81 View Post
    nearly a year since fml was gone
    Makes me sad. I light up every time i see this thread though

    Will go check out UFL now.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts