Violent two-feet tackles

Instantly hit them with a 2 week fine is what i do.

A friend of mine has 7-8 of them the last 5-6 matches now... These tackles doesn't seem to be tied to Aggression at all, and I don't know if the Temper hidden stat is reduced as well or just Aggression.

I also feel that the violent tackles happen a bit too often and too randomly for 11.3

We could be winning 3-0 and some player will just make a massive scissor kick on the other side of the pitch. Once in a blue moon is ok but it happens too often

I also feel that the violent tackles happen a bit too often and too randomly for 11.3

We could be winning 3-0 and some player will just make a massive scissor kick on the other side of the pitch. Once in a blue moon is ok but it happens too often

:D happily winning 3-0 when you see your player say

you got knees in the middle of your legs...AV IT!

I also experienced this in Italy on a, notably with AC Milan in 13/14. I'd previously been at Newcastle and although we fouled a lot we only gave away two red cards in two seasons. In the Serie A we gave away eight in two seasons. To be fair at AC I still had the likes of Gattuso, Ambrosini etc. But oddly enough it wasn't those players who were getting the cards.

A friend of mine has 7-8 of them the last 5-6 matches now... These tackles doesn't seem to be tied to Aggression at all, and I don't know if the Temper hidden stat is reduced as well or just Aggression.

High 'Dirtiness' (hidden stat) is the main culprit. You can get an idea how dirty a player is from his reports, Occasional Trouble=dirty, Sometimes Trouble=very dirty and ???(the worst one, I have yet to see it)=loco.

High 'Dirtiness' (hidden stat) is the main culprit. You can get an idea how dirty a player is from his reports, Occasional Trouble=dirty, Sometimes Trouble=very dirty and ???(the worst one, I have yet to see it)=loco.

So the whole of AC Milan has high Dirtiniess?

I don't remember mentioning AC Milan, but as you have; all bar Abate and Pirlo, that's 13/15 of AC Milan's defenders, have high dirtiness in FM10. (DMs inc)

You mentioned two attributes that you weren't sure about, I thought I'd help you out.

Cheers

xxx

Ah - it was an actual question, not insinuating anything and I know you didn't mention Milan (someone else did and it is my friend's club in our game). And yes I forgot completely about the Dirtiness hidden attribute!

Would you say that losing his temper and just hacking down someone is a "dirty tackle"? I mentioned temper because when you fine them the player says he'll try to control his temper in the future. Do you know if the Temper or Dirtiness hidden attributes are going down like Aggression when you fine a player for violent conduct?

Ah - it was an actual question, not insinuating anything and I know you didn't mention Milan (someone else did and it is my friend's club in our game). And yes I forgot completely about the Dirtiness hidden attribute!

Would you say that losing his temper and just hacking down someone is a "dirty tackle"? I mentioned temper because when you fine them the player says he'll try to control his temper in the future. Do you know if the Temper or Dirtiness hidden attributes are going down like Aggression when you fine a player for violent conduct?

No worries. :cool:

No, I don't know. I'm still playing FM10, when you say Temper is this new to FM11, or are you just referring to Temperament? I have noticed Dirtiness (and Injury Proneness) go up in youngsters as they develop. It sometimes happens when a player gets an attribute boost but I have no idea what causes it, my best guesses are; in response to the shape of the development due to new attributes, something that happened in a match or randomness. I've only noticed Temperament change through tutoring.

I once had an MC, Abderrahman Kabous 19 Aggression, 18 Dirtiness, 5 Sportsmanship, PPMs 'Dives Into Tackles' and 'Argues With Officials', scared the hell out of me when he got 'Fired Up', but in two years he got no red cards and ten yellows which was either luck or setting him to 'Normal Tackling' and selecting the shout 'Stay on feet', then switching tackling to easy when he got a yellow card. Maybe you and your friend could look at reducing the tackling strength of these players.

I don't remember mentioning AC Milan, but as you have; all bar Abate and Pirlo, that's 13/15 of AC Milan's defenders, have high dirtiness in FM10. (DMs inc)

You mentioned two attributes that you weren't sure about, I thought I'd help you out.

Cheers

xxx

It must be because AC Milan rocks.....

No worries. :cool:

No, I don't know. I'm still playing FM10, when you say Temper is this new to FM11, or are you just referring to Temperament? I have noticed Dirtiness (and Injury Proneness) go up in youngsters as they develop. It sometimes happens when a player gets an attribute boost but I have no idea what causes it, my best guesses are; in response to the shape of the development due to new attributes, something that happened in a match or randomness. I've only noticed Temperament change through tutoring.

I once had an MC, Abderrahman Kabous 19 Aggression, 18 Dirtiness, 5 Sportsmanship, PPMs 'Dives Into Tackles' and 'Argues With Officials', scared the hell out of me when he got 'Fired Up', but in two years he got no red cards and ten yellows which was either luck or setting him to 'Normal Tackling' and selecting the shout 'Stay on feet', then switching tackling to easy when he got a yellow card. Maybe you and your friend could look at reducing the tackling strength of these players.

I meant Temperament there. Hard, easy or normal tackling isn't influencing violent two-feet tackles! That is the whole point behind this thread, really. It is someone trying to harm another player, not an attempt at taking the ball from him. The morale indicator "losing discipline" is not connected to these incidents either.

They run around minding their own business then suddenly something snaps and they go nuts!

I have had 3-4 of these incidents in 10 seasons with Las Palmas in Spain, have barely seen it at all in England, but in Italy my friend's Milan team get one or two every match! Earlier he experienced the same thing with Napoli. He's using Brob's 4-1-2-3 tactic, which has hard tackling on everyone except the three strikers, but in several seasons with Everton he has barely seen it happen.

Archived