+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SPORTS.tv presents: Top2Bottom (FM11)

Amateur

Kuda Laut Gemilang Chairman Interview

Q: Mr. Jayatsena, how do you think about the fist game?
    A: Every first thing will be the tough one, expect nothing but better performance from our team in the next match.

Q: Your side has the upper hand today...
    A: Yes, that's football. It's different from math.

Q: Are you satisfied with the performance of your current squad?
    A: There is still room for improvement especially up front. I'll talk to Mr. Hodgson to make sure he use all the money invested here.

Amateur

New season statement from Mitsubishi Stadium

Chairman, Ashley Teagle
    "I am absolutly delighted to be announcing a brand new team in this years revised footballing world called...Shakhtar Senseless! With the great help of Mitsubishi for building and putting us up in this magnificent stadium, and to Nurofen for providing sponsors and financial backing, this is going to be a fantastic year for the area and the club."
    "We appologize for the delay to our pressconference. Some of our members of staff were unfortunatly caught up in the rioting in North London so we were unable to hold this meeting, but were back and ready to go."
    "I am very pleased with what we, and the other 27 clubs have achieved so far. The organisation made by GCB is second to none! Only the second weekend in and its looking to be a crackerjack of a season, i feel it will go down to the wire at both ends of the table! i am now going to pass you over to Sir Alex Ferguson for details on the team, Sir Alex."

Head Coach, Sir Alex Ferguson
    "So another season to keep you lot waiting to get a shot of me! You thought this was the year didnt you?! Well, to frank, im more motivated than ever. SS is going to be a great challenge for me and with the squad ive got, I think were in with a shout, even if our prediction is only 13th. We are better than this."
    "This is shown by a solid Pre-Season. Away draws at Estudientes, Gillingham and Bristol Rovers are what i would call solid results. Its important to get some early moral within the team and i couldnt have asked for anything more from the lads with the away wins at Fiorentina and Deportivo, showing Europe is something we want to be a part of. A narrow loss at the San Siro was the only dampner but these results show that we are better than 13th."
    "Any Questions?"

Reporter
    "Hi Sir Alex, and congrats on a fine job so far. Do you have a FirstXI sorted yet? If so are you happy with it?"

Sir Alex
    "Well the likly 11 is going to be - Gomes, Carr, Jose Enrique, Mertesacker, Ricardo Carvalho, Rodwell, Lennon, Xavi, Lisandro Lopez, Pato, Robinho. Everyone is performing well at training."

Reporter
    "How important was it to be selected for the Premier League and not the Championship?"

Sir Alex Ferguson
    "It was highly important to get into the Premier League I feel. Some managers would say that Championship level football is good for them to build on. There is no time to build! If your not in the big leagues pushing for Europe places, you are missing out on a lot of money, TV time and exposure for our brand. Because that is what this is these days, football is a branded culture and Premier League action is important for the club and fans alike."

Reporter
    "Carling Cup is comming soon, how do think the cup runs will go this year?"

Sir Alex
    "Unlike some managers the Carling cup is important for us as we want to enter European competition next season and this is a great way to it. it gives a club like ours the chance to do so as shown by Blackburn, Leicster and Middlesborough in recent times, its highly important and I think we will be ok against the Blades."

Reporter
    "Finally, new Bloc is just around the block...im sorry i couldnt help myself! What are the prospects?"

Sir Alex
    "I can smell sucess in the air, we are in a good place at the moment. New Bloc are a good team and are predicted 8th so this is an early test away to gauge how this season is going to go. A good start is cruicial and im hopeing for at least 9 out of 12 points to start the campaign. Arshavin and Miller being out should help Lennon to use his pace down the flanks to get some killer balls in box. However I cant keep this a secret for much longer but we have 3 first 11 out and 4 injuries in total: Carr, Pienaar, Lopez and Pato are all out. Hopefully we wont pick up any more because already the bench is weaknd and some youngsters are going to have to step up and be counted."

Reporter
    "Concerned much?"

Sir Alex
    "Not in the slightest! As I said earlier, training is going well and everyone is vying for places in the squad, competition is rife. Even though those 4 players are out today, they are not getting an easy ride back into the squad...well maybe with the exception of Pato, gotta love that wonderkid!"

Everyone
    "HAHAHAHA!"

Chairman, Ashley Teagle
    "That concludes the Conference, tea and buiscuits are on your right and cucumber sandwhiches on your left. Thank you very much for attending, see you all next week!"

Shakhtar Senseless is sponsored by Nurofen, because once you've Shakhtar Senseless, she's gonna need some!

Amateur

A very short Essendon FC update update via iPhone as some low life has stolen my laptop - very disappointed with the 0-3 loss, but given the injuries and paper thin squad it is to be expected. Once these players get back from injury, expect a much better performance! (and expect a more thorough update when I get another laptop)

Youth Team

Sunday August 15th, 2010

NEW BLOC KNOCKED SENSELESS!
    SIR ALEX STARTS THE SEASON WITH ANOTHER WIN!

Sir Alex Ferguson kicked off his 25th season in the top flight of English football with a victory with his new club Shakhtar Senseless as they won 2-1 at the Verizon International Stadium, the home of New Bloc, one of the teams fancied to challenge near the top of the Premier League this season. For Sir Alex, after nearly 24 years at Manchester United, goals from Magaye Gueye and Robinho were enough to secure three points and start him out on the road towards what would be a record twelfth Premier League title. However, for New Bloc and their manager Chris Hughton, the result will come as an enormous disappointment as they themselves seek a good start to the season.

The Verizon International Stadium was jam-packed with 45,000 fans with most of the excitement surrounding the confrontation between the two former Barcelona midfielders, Xavi and Andres Iniesta, who would be on opposite sides for the first time in their careers. Chris Hughton sprung a surprise as he chose Bobby Zamora as the lone striker for New Bloc whilst leaving Andy Carroll on the bench and he named Croatian Darijo Srna as captain of the side. Ferguson partnered Robinho and former Aston Villa youngster Nathan Delfouneso up front as well as playing experienced German defender Per Meretesacker at right back whilst Ricardo Carvalho and Jonathan Woodgate paired up in the centre of the defence. It was Shakhtar Senseless who started the brighter with a number of early corners but it was New Bloc who forced the first real chance of the game as Zamora slid in Criscito but his effort was blocked well by Gomes.

Robinho and Xavi were beginning to link up well for Senseless though and they created a chance for youngster Delfouneso soon afterwards, Robinho laying the ball back to him 22 yards out and his fizzing shot beat Jaaskelainen but flew inches over the bar. The game was even though and Sidwell’s fierce drive for New Bloc was heading for the top corner before Gomes caught it well before the best chance of the game so far fell to Senseless. Xavi’s pinpoint free kick to the far post found Magaye Gueye unmarked and his header missed the target when it should have hit the net and put Ferguson’s side in front.

Senseless were starting to get on top and Gueye had the perfect opportunity to make up for his earlier header on 35 minutes. New Bloc defender Diego Godin was off the field receiving treatment when Aaron Lennon motored away down the right, his cross was perfect and GUEYE smashed home from 8 yards. The marking was poor but New Bloc would probably attribute that to their defender being off the field at the time. Senseless were not worried though and they had their lead heading towards half time. Bloc responded well though as Iniesta’s corner found Godin whose volley from 10 yards was well saved by Gomes to take the visitors in at half time with their lead in tact.

Andy Carroll was brought on at half time by Chris Hughton and it almost paid off within seconds of the restart. Sidwell dispossessed Xavi and found Zamora, he flicked the ball into the path of Carroll and the big striker took a touch before hitting a bulldozer of a shot that Gomes did superbly well to tip over the bar. New Bloc could count themselves unfortunate not to be level but then they allowed Shakhtar Senseless to control the next ten minutes and they finally paid dear for it. Nathan Delfouneso almost took advantage of slack defending from a Xavi free kick as he forced Jaaskelainen into a save on 50 minutes and he then saw a curling 25 yard effort fly just wide 6 minutes later. With almost an hour on the clock, New Bloc were 2-0 down though as their luck ran out. Xavi picked the ball up deep and found Rodwell, the young England future star slid the ball to ROBINHO who turned Godin with ease before placing the ball low and hard past Jaaskelainen and into the corner to make it 2-0. There was an increase in frustration amongst the home fans now but they were almost cheering 5 minutes later, Jonas firing Iniesta’s pull back at goal and forcing Gomes to tip over well.

Chris Hughton was continuing to urge his team on and he brought on Spanish winger Juanlu and new signing Pavel Ninkov as New Bloc sought an opening and a way back into the game. However, it was Senseless who were having the better chances as Lennon’s low cross was poked straight at Jaaskelainen by Delfouneso and then Robinho’s dipping volley after a Xavi corner was just over with the keeper beaten. With desperation setting in, New Bloc had a great chance 5 minutes from time as Zamora and Carroll linked well, Zamora’s shot deflected into the path of Ninkov and his low drive was tipped wide of the post by Gomes to deny Bloc once again. In injury time, New Bloc finally broke Gomes’ resistance. Carroll ran at the Senseless defence, slid in ZAMORA who took a touch past Mertesacker and then cleverly flicked the ball over Gomes into the corner of the net to give the home fans hope. They responded with a wall of noise as New Bloc went in search of the equaliser and they almost got it in the fifth minute of stoppage time. Sidwell’s ball over the top was perfect, Juanlu controlled it well and composed himself before shooting at goal. However, that man Gomes was in the perfect place to block the shot and then dive on the ball to secure the points for Shakhtar Senseless.

New Bloc 1-2 Shakhtar Senseless
    Zamora 90 | Gueye 35, Robinho 58

New Bloc: Jaaskelainen, Srna (c), Godin, Ferdinand, Yurevich, Jonas, Sidwell, Wilson, Criscito, Iniesta, Zamora
    (SUBS: Butland, Brightwell, Ninkov, Juanlu, Carroll, Lambert, Beill)

Shakhtar Senseless: Gomes, Mertesacker (c), Carvalho, Woodgate, Jose Enrique, Lennon, Rodwell, Xavi, Gueye, Robinho, Delfouneso
    (SUBS: Smithies, Rooney, Winn, Cahill, Allen, Wright, Hickling)

Last edited by Greasy Chip Butty; 23-08-2011 at 14:01.

Youth Team

AidanofLFC and SamRuff04 have yet to post in the thread, let alone post anything of note. Wootton Wanderers and Ruff FC can be replaced, guys. You need to post something please.

Nothing of note from AFC Slough (letissierandhenryaregreat), Discworld (magvest), A1 FC (fyrros), Dustbin Rovers (AdamW) and Horden All Stars (fergysafc) yet though you have posted in the thread at some point. I appreciate some people may be on holiday but if nothing comes, I will not post updates on your teams and you may be replaced. I have at least four people who have PM'd me about wanting to be in this sign up and I reckon I could use FMRTE to replace your teams if I needed to.

Reserves

Someone can replace me.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    Someone can replace me.
    Why?!!! GCB

Youth Team

Saturday August 21st, 2010

T2B CLUBS FINAL PLAYER DRAFT!
    56 PLAYERS AVAILABLE TO STRENGTHEN SQUAD!

With the 28 T2B sides recent formation, many squads need a little extra strength. However, the managers have been reluctant to sign free agents recently so 56 players have been named for the final T2B draft.

The 56 players listed below are available. Please draft one player at a time, whoever drafts him first gets him. At different points over the coming days, I will post the remaining players and allows teams to draft one more player until the final General Draft. I will then use FMRTE to assign these players to their new clubs. You DO NOT have to draft players if you don’t wish to ... There are enough for each team to select two players at least but if people don’t draft then there could be more. If your squad is low on numbers, this is your chance to expand it a little ...

Make sure you don’t draft a player that has already been drafted or else you waste your turn. DO NOT EDIT A POST! If a post is edited, I will ignore it.

THE 56 PLAYERS:
    GK: Carlo Nash, Andy Marshall, Jason Brown, Boaz Myhillm Carl Ikeme
    RB: Graeme Murty, Steve Finnan, Andy Griffin, Steven Reid, Bradley Orr, Greg Halford
    LB: Ben Thatcher, Lee Naylor, Paul Konchesky
    CB: Jody Craddock, Danny Higginbotham, Danny Gabbidon, Andy O’Brien, Clint Hill, Clarke Carlisle, Fitz Hall, Chris Riggott, Steven Caldwell, Gary Caldwell, Mark Hudson, Calum Davenport, Matt Kilgallon, Mike Williamson, Anthony Gerrard
    CM: Paul Scholes, Gavin McCann, Sean Davis, Leon Britton, Gary O’Neil, Brian Howard, Michael Johnson
    RW: Wayne Routledge, Michael Kightly
    LW: Jason Koumas, Lee Cook
    ST: Kevin Phillips, Robbie Blake, Brett Ormerod, Carl Cort, Marcus Bent, Tommy Smith, Marlon Harewood, Rob Hulse, Andrew Johnson, Rob Earnshaw, Nathan Tyson, Marcus Tudgay, Michael Chopra, Luke Moore, David McGoldrick, Zavon Hines

To draft a player, post in the thread like this:

Sheffield United draft: Stephen Quinn

Start drafting now!

Part-Timer

Fareham Fallguys draft: Paul Scholes & Danny Higginbotham

Amateur

Dockland South draft Paul Scholes

Amateur

damn. beaten to the punch. in that case...

Dockland South draft Kevin Phillips

Part-Timer

lowen united draft: marcus bent

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Greasy Chip Butty View Post
    Why?!!! GCB
    I can't see myself updating and saying yeah, I'm want to do this and it was a great win etc etc.

Part-Timer

New Bloc draft: Luke Moore

Part-Timer

Calvary FC sign up Gary Caldwell

Part-Timer

Southsea Athletic draft: Andrew Johnson

Part-Timer

Confusion greater than disappointment at Southsea Athletic

After their surprise opening 2-0 home defeat at the hands of hugely unfancied Rushden Phoenix, Athletic owner Dave Farrow has spoken of his bewilderment.

'I'm disappointed of course, but to be honest the overriding emotion at the club right now is confusion. We had a far better team; in fact probably the best in the league, and we completely outplayed the other team throughout the match. The ref wasn't great; there were more than a few dodgy decisions, and I think we just didn't have the luck of our opponents. I'm impressed with Mark Hughes, he's been brilliant during training, he's got a great grasp of tactics, and he lets me look at his wife. Ahem..

'I'm off on holiday for a couple of weeks tonight, so I'm not going to be around, which I'm sure Sparky will be pleased about. I've told him that if he's dropped any points before I come back he's getting the sack!'

I genuinely am going away for two weeks tonight, so will be unable to post in this thread until then. I offer my apologies, so please don't boot me!

Youth Team

I can't see myself updating and saying yeah, I'm want to do this and it was a great win etc etc.
    Why did you sign up in the first place then?

Youth Team

Danny Higginbotham has not gone, Fareham Fallguys chose two for some reason.

Part-Timer

Danny Higginbotham has not gone, Fareham Fallguys chose two for some reason.
    Sorry about that GCB, jumped the gun there. My bad.

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

Shire FC draft Marcus Tudgay

Semi Pro

darlington all stars draft zavon hines

Amateur

Discworld Post match press conference:

Hi everyone. Welcome to our first press conference here at Ankh-Morpork. Chairman Terr Pratchett, manager Harry Redknapp and Carlos Tevez will be answering your questions tonight. Let's start:

Press: Mr Pratchett, you've invested a lot of money into building this new team. What are your goals and expectations with Discworld FC?

Pratchett: Well, I've always enjoyed the sport and when the opportunity came to start a team in the premiership, I felt that I had to do this. As for expectations, I hope that the team will do well, at least a european spot. But I also expect the team to play some lovely football, that can entertain the supporters just as well as my book does.

Press: How comy you signed Harry Redknapp as manager of the team?

Pratchett: I've always liked Harry, done a great job in most clubs he's been at, and I like what he did with Tottenham. Hopefully he can do even better results with this team.

Press: Mr Redknapp, what do you think of the club?

Redknapp: Really enjoyed it so far. Mr Pratchett has been very nice and have let me handle all team decisions. The squad looks really good and hopefully we have a good season in front of us.

Press: 1-0 against Dockland South, what are your thoughts of the game mr Redknapp?

Redknapp: A pretty good effort. The first game of the season is always hard. You never really know how strong your team really are. The team did what had to be done and managed to secure a 1-0 win.

Press: How will the team handle that two central midfielders injured?

Redknapp: Well we have a strong squad, so I'm sure we'll manage. But it is of course very tugh to lose such quality players as Hamsik and Rosicky.

Press: Carlos Tevez, only goal scorer of the match, can you describe the game please?

Tevez: Well, a solid team effort. Sagna did a wonderful pass to me and I could finish with my usual flair. The team then defended well and could get 3 pts.

That's all for now. We'll be back from Ankh-Morpork after next game here..

Amateur

Sorry for the late press conference GCB, have been crazy at work lately and will be for a while longer. I'll try to post more often though....

Amateur

Saku FC drafts Marlon Harewood.

Part-Timer

J: We are hearing rumors of FC Freljord activity for the latest draft announcement. Let's hear out Leslie from the club building:

L: Hello Jake. We have learned that there is an announcement to be made by the club this afternoon and we are eagerly waiting for it. Ohh, here's the chairman. Let's hear what he has to say:

KT: Hi everyone. I, Kaldera Tryn, as the chairman of FC Freljord announce today that we have drafted Danny Higginbotham in the draft window that has just been opened. The other draft option will be used when the second window is opened only if our manager feels the need. Thank you!

L: We all heard that Jake. The expected movement in the draft window has been done for now and FC Freljord has drafted Danny Higginbotham to bolster the defense line. I will try to approach Mr. Tryn to get an appointment for an interview. I am hoping we will provide our watchers with more information on the club in the near future. That's all for now from the club building of Freljord. Jake.

J: Thank you Leslie. Kaldera Tryn announced the draft of Danny Higginbotham by FC Freljord just moments ago. We will be on with the interview when Leslie manages to convice Mr. Tryn. That's all for now. Always have your Sports.eye on!

Reserves

Why did you sign up in the first place then?
    Because I wanted say stuff but I just can't be bothered now.

Part-Timer

AFC Slough drafts Danny Gabbidon

Amateur

Kuda Laut Gemilang draft: Michael Johnson

Youth Team

Because I wanted say stuff but I just can't be bothered now.
    You shouldn't have signed up then. It was clear in the opening post. Jeez ...

Youth Team

Second stage of draft open!

REMAINING PLAYERS:
    GK: Carlo Nash, Andy Marshall, Jason Brown, Boaz Myhillm Carl Ikeme
    RB: Graeme Murty, Steve Finnan, Andy Griffin, Steven Reid, Bradley Orr, Greg Halford
    LB: Ben Thatcher, Lee Naylor, Paul Konchesky
    CB: Jody Craddock, Andy O’Brien, Clint Hill, Clarke Carlisle, Fitz Hall, Chris Riggott, Steven Caldwell, Mark Hudson, Calum Davenport, Matt Kilgallon, Mike Williamson, Anthony Gerrard
    CM: Gavin McCann, Sean Davis, Leon Britton, Gary O’Neil, Brian Howard
    RW: Wayne Routledge, Michael Kightly
    ST: Robbie Blake, Brett Ormerod, Carl Cort, Tommy Smith, Rob Hulse, Rob Earnshaw, Nathan Tyson, Michael Chopra, David McGoldrick

SO FAR:
    Fareham Fallguys - Paul Scholes
    Dockland South - Kevin Phillips
    Lowen United - Marcus Bent
    New Bloc - Luke Moore
    Calvary FC - Gary Caldwell
    Southsea Athletic - Andrew Johnson
    Shire FC - Marcus Tudgay
    Darlington All Stars - Zavon Hines
    Saku FC - Marlon Harewood
    AFC Slough - Danny Gabbidon
    Kuda Laut Gemilang - Michael Johnson
    FC Freljord - Danny Higginbotham
    Last edited by Greasy Chip Butty; 24-08-2011 at 11:05.

Third Team

Capite Ad Calcem drafts:

draft 1: Leon Britton
    draft 2: Nathan Tyson

Amateur

Dockland South draft Michael Kightly

Semi Pro

Shire FC draft Steven Reid

Amateur

Shakhtar Senseless

Draft 1: Fitz Hall
    Draft 2: Michael Chopra

Part-Timer

AFC Slough drafts Mike Williamson

Part-Timer

FC Freljord drafts Gary O'Neil for their second round draft.

Part-Timer

Calvary Fc draft Paul Konchesky

Part-Timer

New Bloc drafts: Carl Ikeme

Youth Team

Update on remaining players ...

REMAINING PLAYERS:
    GK: Carlo Nash, Andy Marshall, Jason Brown, Boaz Myhill
    RB: Graeme Murty, Steve Finnan, Andy Griffin, Bradley Orr, Greg Halford
    LB: Ben Thatcher, Lee Naylor
    CB: Jody Craddock, Andy O’Brien, Clint Hill, Clarke Carlisle, Chris Riggott, Steven Caldwell, Mark Hudson, Calum Davenport, Matt Kilgallon, Anthony Gerrard
    CM: Gavin McCann, Sean Davis, Brian Howard
    RW: Wayne Routledge
    ST: Robbie Blake, Brett Ormerod, Carl Cort, Tommy Smith, Rob Hulse, Rob Earnshaw, David McGoldrick

SO FAR:
    Fareham Fallguys - Paul Scholes
    Dockland South - Kevin Phillips, Michael Kightly
    Lowen United - Marcus Bent
    New Bloc - Luke Moore, Carl Ikeme
    Calvary FC - Gary Caldwell, Paul Konchesky
    Shire FC - Marcus Tudgay, Steven Reid
    AFC Slough - Danny Gabbidon, Mike Williamson
    FC Freljord - Danny Higginbotham, Gary O'Neil
    Capite Ad Calcem - Leon Britton, Nathan Tyson
    Shakhtar Senseless - Fitz Hall, Michael Chopra

Remaining players at 9pm tonight (GMT) will be available to anybody (max of 3)

Part-Timer

Max of 3 more at 9pm tonight, or max of 3 altogether from this draft?

Part-Timer

CALVARY F.C.
    (glennuk)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Press Statement - One trophy, more to come

A press statement has been released by Calvary Fc. It comes from chief PR officer Miles Clark.

Miles: After discussions with the Chairman and Management team at Calvary we would like to announce that until Sports Tv improves their skills Calvary will not be sending the Chairman or Management to any extra press conferences. The decision was made after the ludicrous prediction of 11th in the League for a team that clearly has the strongest squad in the league, followed by an absurd claim after our Victory that we were one of the favourites. If the powers that be in Sports.tv actually understood how much this could offend a club like Calvary then they would issue a public apology, this however is yet to happen.

We are happy to continue in the league and we as a club are looking forward to showing what we are really made of.
    The recent aquistions of Caldwell and Konchesky will sure up a defence which were short on cover and will also bring some experience to our side. This again will help improve our status as the strongest club the league has to offer.

Now we have that out of the way, we would like to thank the fans for their support in the Community Shield and the fact that we gave them something to cheer about, shows how we reward our fans.
    We want you all to know, that this is the first of many trophies that will be presented in our Trophy Cabinet.
    Be sure this is just the first of MANY successes for this club!

Part-Timer

Okay let's get it right this time!
    Fareham Fallguys draft: Jody Craddock

Part-Timer

Lowen United Draft: Carlo Nash

Amateur

3rd pick Sean Davis

Part-Timer

FC Freljord drafts Boaz Myhill for the last spot.

Semi Pro

Shire FC draft Wayne Routledge

Amateur

Essendon FC Draft:

Jason Brown
    Lee Naylor
    Brian Howard

Whilst I'm disapointed to only find out about this draft towards the end, I'm glad I've managed to get some kind of back up players seeing as my manager refuses to sign anyone despite the fairly decent transfer budget I left him with!

Amateur

Dockland South draft Robbie Blake

Third Team

Capite Ad Calcem drafts: Jason Koumas

Youth Team

One more hour left. You can draft as many of the remaining players as you like. I'll update the list ASAP.

Youth Team

Update on remaining players ...
    Remember = 1 hour left!

REMAINING PLAYERS:
    GK:
    RB: Graeme Murty, Steve Finnan, Andy Griffin, Bradley Orr, Greg Halford
    LB: Ben Thatcher
    CB: Andy O’Brien, Clint Hill, Clarke Carlisle, Chris Riggott, Mark Hudson, Calum Davenport, Matt Kilgallon, Anthony Gerrard
    CM: Gavin McCann
    RW:
    LW: Lee Cook
    ST: Brett Ormerod, Carl Cort, Tommy Smith, Rob Hulse, Rob Earnshaw, David McGoldrick

SO FAR:
    Fareham Fallguys - Paul Scholes, Jody Cradoock, Steven Caldwell
    Dockland South - Kevin Phillips, Michael Kightly, Robbie Blake
    Lowen United - Marcus Bent, Carlo Nash
    New Bloc - Luke Moore, Carl Ikeme
    Calvary FC - Gary Caldwell, Paul Konchesky
    Shire FC - Marcus Tudgay, Steven Reid, Wayne Routledge
    AFC Slough - Danny Gabbidon, Mike Williamson
    FC Freljord - Danny Higginbotham, Gary O'Neil, Boaz Myhill
    Capite Ad Calcem - Leon Britton, Nathan Tyson, Jason Koumas
    Shakhtar Senseless - Fitz Hall, Michael Chopra, Sean Davis
    Essendon - Jason Brown, Lee Naylor, Brian Howard
    Discworld - Andy Marshall
    Last edited by Greasy Chip Butty; 25-08-2011 at 12:12.

Amateur

Discworld drafts Andy Marshall

Part-Timer

Fareham Fallguys drafts: Steven Caldwell

Youth Team

2 minutes left ...

Youth Team

FINAL DRAFT TAKES PLACE!
    Paul Scholes signs at Fareham Fallguys!

The final 'Top2Bottom' draft took place this afternoon with several big names being snapped up on free transfer deals and sixteen T2B sides strengthening their squads with the transfer window set to close in just under two weeks time. The biggest name to move in the draft was the 35 year old former Manchester United and England midfielder PAUL SCHOLES who made the move to nPower Championship side, Fareham Fallguys.

Scholes, a Champions League winner on two occasions, took the decision to postpone retirement for at least one more season and entered his name into the draft but it came as a surprise that he agreed a deal to step down into the Championship. He will be hoping to help Fallguys into the Premier League for one last crack at the big time next season. Fallguys moved for three players in total with Scholes joined by JODY CRADDOCK and STEVEN CALDWELL. Other Championship clubs involved were Lowen United who signed former Everton players MARCUS BENT and CARLO NASH and Saku FC who brought in experienced striker MARLON HAREWOOD.

Dockland South, Shire FC, FC Freljord, Capite Ad Calcem, Shakhtar Senseless and Essendon FC all proved to be busy in the draft as well bringing in the maximum of three draft players. Dockland South made their moves for experienced strikers in KEVIN PHILLIPS and ROBBIE BLAKE as well as taking a chance on the injury hit right winger, MICHAEL KIGHTLY. Shire FC brought in pace to their squad as striker MARCUS TUDGAY, full back STEVEN REID and winger WAYNE ROUTLEDGE were given their opportunity to join the Hobbits. The versatile former Stoke City player DANNY HIGGINBOTHAM joins FC Freljord with GARY O'NEIL and BOAZ MYHILL also joining Steve McLaren's side whilst The Romans of Capite Ad Calcem bring experienced Championship players LEON BRITTON, NATHAN TYSON and JASON KOUMAS into the Premier League for their crack at the big time. Shakhtar Senseless - winners at New Bloc on the first day of the season - moved to being in cover for the spine of their team with defender FITZ HALL, midfielder SEAN DAVIS and striker MICHAEL CHOPRA arriving at the club whilst JASON BROWN, LEE NAYLOR and BRIAN HOWARD have joined Essendon FC to add some depth to their thin squad.

Other teams involved in free agent deals at the draft were New Bloc who brought in striker LUKE MOORE and keeper CARL IKEME; Calvary FC who signed defenders GARY CALDWELL and PAUL KONCHESKY to join their Premier League and Champions League squads; Southsea Athletic take a gamble on the fitness of former England striker ANDREW JOHNSON; Darlington All Stars move for former West Ham young striker ZAVON HINES; AFC SLOUGH have signed up defenders MIKE WILLIAMSON and DANNY GABBIDON; injury hit MICHAEL JOHNSON will hope to put his recent Manchester City nightmares behind him as he joins up with KUDA LAUT GEMILANG; and Discworld have brought in goalkeeper cover with the signing of experienced keeper ANDY MARSHALL.

In other transfer news today, young Emurica FC defender IGNASI MIQUEL has joined Northampton Town of League 2 on loan until January.

Youth Team

----------

DZEKO DOUBLE SINKS HAPLESS WANDERERS!
    FC Freljord win at the Aidan Arena despite Coloccini red card!

FC Freljord manager Steve McLaren got his first win as manager today as FC Freljord stunned Wootton Wanderers at the Aidan Arena. After an opening day loss at home to Stratford Rangers, FC Freljord were not fancied to get the victory but two early strikes from Edin Dzeko and a terrific rearguard performance proved enough despite the late sending off of Fabricio Coloccini and youngster James Schooley’s late goal for the home side.

McLaren opted to hand a debut to Danny Higginbotham after he signed for the club during the ‘T2B Draft’ yesterday allowing Coloccini to move into a holding midfield position as Freljord lined up in a 4-5-1 formation with Dzeko as the lone striker up front. For Wanderers, 2-1 winners at Darlington All Stars on the opening day of the season, a 4-4-2 diamond formation was employed with Mesut Ozil playing just behind the front two of Ross McCormack and John Carew with Lukas Podolski suspended after his opening day sending off. Wanderers’ paper thin squad desperately needs new additions with several injuries affecting them but chairman Aidan Liverpool seems to have vanished leaving the club with no option but to battle on with what they have. 16 year old Jack Robinson continued at left back for them whilst fellow 16 year old Bruce Corbett made his debut in the centre of the defence.

With over 58,000 crammed inside the Aidan Arena, it was the visitors who started brightest and they went in front on 10 minutes. Ross McCormack gave the ball away cheaply to Arjen Robben, the Dutch winger slid the ball quickly to DZEKO and the Bosnian chipped the ball over the advancing Van Der Sar in front of the Freljord fans to make it 1-0. Coloccini was booked moments later before Adriano went close with a curling effort but on 22 minutes, the visitors doubled their advantage. Michel Bastos did well down the left, Adriano played a clever ball when he looked set to shoot and DZEKO controlled well before driving the ball into the corner. The frustration around the home fans was evident but delirium in the away end followed as Dzeko celebrated in front of them. The rest of the second half played out with few chances although Robben’s long range effort just before half time almost made it 3-0 as it clipped the outside of the post and went behind.

Whatever manager Paul Lambert said to his Wanderers side at half time, it didn’t work. Within seconds of the restart, Robben fed Dzeko and he waltzed past the defenders before crashing an effort off the bar. With Kaboul off injured, Wanderers were forced to plunge further inexperience into the back line with young Paul Webb before Mesut Ozil had their first decent chance as he fired over from 18 yards. Collison went close from distance for Freljord before Arjen Robben jinked past the youthful defenders and went even closer with a placed shot inches wide of the post. Collison’s free kick forward was headed onto the post by Dzeko with Van Der Sar stranded and it seemed a matter of time before the lead was extended until the 78th minute. Coloccini wasn’t ready for a short free kick and he hacked down John Carew for a second booking and a red card. However, Wanderers were unable to take charge of the game even with an extra man and continued to struggle until the last minute of normal time. Julien Faubert played the ball out wide for Gabriel Obertan and he crossed low for another youngster on as a substitute, striker JAMES SCHOOLEY, to prod home at the near post for a debut goal. Hope for the home side but they were unable to force another chance and they deservedly took nothing from the game.

Wootton Wanderers 1-2 FC Freljord
    Schooley 89 | Dzeko 10, 22

Wootton Wanderers: Van Der Sar, Faubert, Kaboul, Corbett, Robinson, Raul Meireles, Pedretti, Bostock, Ozil, Carew, McCormack
    (SUBS USED: Webb for Kaboul 34, Obertan for McCormack 68, Schooley for Bostock 78)

FC Freljord: Reina, Cuellar, Vidic, Higginbotham, Adriano, Coloccini, Robben, Collison, Gonzalez, Bastos, Dzeko
    (SUBS USED: Weiss for Robben 75)

Youth Team

PREMIER LEAGUE ROUND UP
    Round 2 / 38

AFC Slough 1-1 New Bloc
    A goal after 22 seconds from ALEXANDER HLEB gave AFC Slough the perfect start as he fired home from a tight angle after being set up by Anderson. However, Andres Iniesta created the equaliser on 35 minutes for JONAS to fire home from 4 yards and an even game ended up with a fair point for both sides.

Calvary 0-0 Shire
    A dull game at Uncle Franks Arena as neither side were able to make the breakthrough in an even contest. A flurry of bookings was about as exciting as it got and the game ended goalless to the disappointment of over 50,000 people in the stadium.

Chelsea Australia 2-1 Capite Ad Calcem
    Ian Holloway’s side bounced back from their opening day defeat to register their first win at The New Bridge against Capite Ad Calcem. Steven Fletcher set up JAMES MILNER to put Chelsea Australia in front and they doubled the lead on 38 minutes when Angel Di Maria’s cross was met with a fantastic diving header from FLETCHER which went in off the post. A mix up between Mancienne and Julio Cesar allowed DEMBA BA to pull one back on his debut but Chelsea Australia hung on for the win that moves them level on points with their opponents.

Dockland South 1-1 Real Clifton
    A dull game at The Black Lagoon was lit up early in the second half by RYAN SHAWCROSS’s near post header that gave Dockland South the lead to the delight of their home fans. Referee Chris Foy then sent off South’s Sergio Busquet and this allowed the visitors to get a foot in the game. In the final minute, the pressure finally told as Abidal’s ball forward found PABLO HERNANDEZ who slid home to maintain their unbeaten start. A real disappointment for Dockland South who find themselves near the foot of the table after picking up just one point so far.

Kuda Laut Gemilang 0-3 Darlington All Stars
    After both sides lost on the opening day of the season, the last thing that Kuda Laut Gemilang needed in this game was an early red card. However, Cheick Tiote was sent off just six minutes into the game after a late challenge on Cristiano Ronaldo that Kevin Friend deemed a sending off. It took until the 18th minute for the All Stars to get on top but when they did so, the scorer was not a popular one amongst the 60,000 fans in the ground as Frank Lampard’s cross was met by the head of RONALDO who headed past Schwarzer at the far post. Another header brought the second before half time as Malouda’s corner was flicked home at the near post by RAUL ALBIOL. In the second half, Darlington were never in danger and they extended the lead on 57 minutes with a third headed goal. This time, Cissokho centred, Schwarzer misjudged and RONALDO headed home his second. A disastrous start for Kuda Laut who are pointless and goalless after two games.

Rushden Phoenix 1-1 Discworld
    After both sides won their opening games, Rushden Phoenix and Discworld were desperate to win this one and cement their place up at the top of the embryonic Premier League table. It was the Discs who started the brighter and they went in front with a 9th minute penalty kick. Jesus Navas ran at the Phoenix defence, skipped in on goal and Stephen Kelly tripped him as he went towards the goal. John Obi Mikel was furious with the decision but – once the penalty had been given – the decision not to send off Kelly or even book him was mysterious to say the least. Up stepped Carlos Tevez to bury the penalty though and it stayed 1-0 to the visitors until 10 minutes from time when the equaliser was scored and it was a former Everton partnership that provided it. Mikel Arteta swung the corner over and a powerful low, stooping header from LEON OSMAN flew into the corner to give both sides a point.

Shakhtar Senseless 3-0 Essendon FC
    A comfortable home win for Shakhtar Senseless sees Sir Alex Ferguson in a familiar position on top of the Premier League after two games whilst Essendon occupy bottom spot after two games. The writing was on the wall after 12 minutes as ROBINHO waltzed past Ilunga and Cathcart to drive home past Gordon for his second of the season. Jack Rodwell’s cross led to the second, a smart turn and volley from NATHAN DELFOUNESO before the third sealed it late on as XAVI smashed home after being set up by Gueye. Senseless go top but it is two 3-0 defeats in two games for Essendon who need to improve quickly.

Solent Galaxy 2-4 Southsea Athletic
    After both suffered opening day defeats, Solent Galaxy and Southsea Athletic both started fast in order to avoid a second defeat and there were four goals in an extraordinary opening 18 minutes at Pitch Galaxy. Athletic took the lead on 2 minutes, DELVIN NDINGA stooping to head home Leighton Baines’ cross, before a quick equaliser on 5 minutes as Damien Duff’s low cross was smashed home by RYAN GIGGS. Duff was a key man in the next two goals as well starting with putting Galaxy in front on 10 minutes. In a turnaround from the first goal, Giggs crossed this time and DUFF headed home from six yards with a diving header into the corner. Ndinga created the equaliser for Southsea on 18 minutes though, Rangel’s cleareance of his cross cannoning back off DUFF into the net for an unfortunate own goal. 2-2 it stayed until 12 minutes from time when Athletic took the lead again. Sneijder’s corner was partially cleared back to the Dutchman, his stinging low drive smacked off the foot of the post back to BRYAN RUIZ who controlled and slid the ball into the unguarded net to make it 3-2. And minutes later, it was 4-2 and the points were heading for Athletic. Barrera’s ball forward found Diouf, he centred low and FERNANDO TORRES smashed the ball into the corner to seal the points. Galaxy are in the bottom three and are yet to pick up a point.

Stratford Rangers 0-2 Emurica FC
    A terrible day all round for Stratford Rangers who dropped points at home and lost striker Asamoah Gyan for up to 3 months with a torn groin. However, Emurica FC – SPORTS.tv’s pick for relegation – recorded their second win in two games to sit pretty near the top of the league. A break from defence gave them a 10th minute lead, Kalou’s long punt forward wasn’t deal with by Razvan Rat and ROBBIE KEANE nipped in to drive the ball past Foster into the top corner. It was 2-0 on 78 minutes as Luke Young’s ball forward from the right was controlled brilliantly by ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC and the Swede drilled the ball under Foster into the corner in front of his delirious fans behind the goal. It was tough luck on Rangers who will be ruing the chances that they missed and will feel they should have taken a point. However, Emurica FC sit second with one of only two 100% records!

Youth Team

nPOWER CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND UP
    Round 3 / 46

Bristol City 0-0 Lowen United
    After winning their first two matches, Lowen United failed in their third game where manager Alex McLeish admitted to being happy with a point in a dull game at Ashton Gate. A second yellow card for Sulley Muntari on 47 minutes meant that United were hanging on late on and an ankle injury for Moussa Dembele – out for at least six weeks – means that they now have seven players injured or suspended ahead of their next game at Crystal Palace in the League Cup Round 2. However, they remain unbeaten and near the top of the early Championship table.

Crystal Palace 0-1 Dustbin Rovers
    A second 1-0 win on the bounce for Rovers who lost Spanish striker David Villa early on to injury. The striker is expected to miss 3 months with a broken ankle, a huge blow to Rovers’ promotion hopes. However, they were able to recover enough to win this one as STEPHANE SESSEGNON’s stunning 30 yard effort flew into the top corner to secure a deserved win for David Moyes’ side.

Hull City 2-2 A1 FC
    An entertaining game at the KC Stadium as A1 FC failed to win away from home for the second straight game against Hull City. A goalless first half was followed by a goal for the hosts on 51 minutes as MATT FRYATT got in front of Matt Upson to glance home a header from Jay Simpson’s cross. In truth, A1 were dominating and didn’t deserve to be behind and they responded with two goals in quick succession. Paul McShane was lucky to avoid a red card when he bodychecked Nicolas Anelka on the edge of the box but YOANN GOURCUFF punished the Tigers with a super free kick into the corner of the net to level. With 17 minute left, Petroc headed Duke’s goal kick back forward and ANELKA outstripped the defence before slotting past Duke to make it 2-1 to the visitors who now looked set for 3 points. However, 7 minutes from time, Simpson sped away down the right on the break and his cross was met again by FRYATT who slammed it home to deny Neil Warnock the three points he wanted.

Leicester City 2-5 Horden All Stars
    Horden All Stars’ unbeaten start to the season continued at the Walkers Stadium as they thrashed Sven Goran Eriksson’s Leicester City in a fantastic away performance. It took just 11 minutes for Horden to take the lead, Valencia sliding in DIEGO MILITO to power home past Ricardo at the near post. On 19 minutes, it was 2-0, Billy Jones’ mistake in defence punished as CRAIG BELLAMY robbed him and curled home superbly. MILITO made it 3-0 on 42 minutes as he slotted home a rebound after Ricardo saved from Bosingwa and Valencia’s 59th minute cross was headed home by RORY DELAP to make it 4-0 and make the game safe. Leicester threatened a comeback when they pulled one back on 65 minutes through JERMAINE PENNANT’s good finish and 8 minutes from time it was 4-2 as PAUL GALLAGHER raced clear to fire past Almunia. However, the comeback was short-lived and in the final minute, Valencia released MILITO again and he completed his hat trick to seal the victory.

Middlesbrough 1-1 Ruff FC
    With just one point in two games so far, Ruff FC chairman Clive Ruff is facing questions from his own fans over his disappearance when the going has got tough. Things weren’t helped for the chairman after a third failure to win at the Riverside and coupled with a disastrous cup defeat against Port Vale, Ruff FC are now getting desperate for a win. TARMO KINK put Boro in front here with an 18th minute free header from a Barry Robson free kick but an own goal from MATTHEW BATES when he deflected Abou Diaby’s effort into the net off the post on 31 minutes at least gave Ruff FC a point to try and build on. Avram Grant will be hoping for his first win as Ruff FC manager at home to Portsmouth next weekend.

Portsmouth 2-3 Fareham Fallguys
    Speaking of Pompey, they were involved in an entertaining game at Fratton Park as they faced Roberto Di Matteo’s Fareham Fallguys side who included Paul Scholes who was named man of the match. Scholes set up the first goal on 26 minutes as THOMAS HITZLSPERGER fired a stunning long range effort past Ashdown before SEBASTIEN BASSONG doubled the lead with a header from an Etherington free kick on the hour. Pompey fought back though and AARON MOKOENA headed home Liam Lawrence’s corner to reduce the defecit before a clever free kick from Scholes set up defender GAEL GIVET who fired home like a striker to re-establish the two goal advantage. Portsmouth refused to lay down though and they pulled another back late on as PABLO ZABALETA’s tackle on David Nugent flew into the bottom corner for an own goal that made it 3-2. However, Fareham held out to move onto six points and take a place in the Play Off spots.

Saku FC 3-0 Millwall
    A dominant display from Carlo Ancelotti’s Saku FC as they ran out easy winners and took the early top spot in the Championship after a fine 3-0 win. An early Arbeloa cross was not dealt with by Millwall’s defenders and ASHLEY YOUNG nipped in to make it 1-0 before new signing MARLON HAREWOOD made it two on 37 minutes as he volleyed home Young’s free kick from the right at the far post. The win was sealed with a header from young defender LIAM McNAMARA on the hour and Saku FC look the team to beat.

Scunthorpe United 0-1 Darlington Rangers
    The only other team with a 100% record after three games in the Championship are Darlington Rangers although they made hard work of beating Scunthorpe United at Glanford Park. A Gael Clichy cross was headed home superbly by EDINSON CAVANI on 33 minutes – Cavani heading home from at least 16 yards out – in the best moment of a very dull and uninspiring game. However, Darlington Rangers manager Roberto Mancini will be happy with the 3 points and the 100% record although a torn calf muscle will keep Jose Antonio Reyes out of the team for around 4 months after he was forced off late on.

Youth Team

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
    LEAGUE TABLE

Code:

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st | | Shakhtar Senseless | | 2 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 1 | +4 | 6 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd | | Emurica | | 2 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 2 | +3 | 6 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd | | Calvary FC | | 2 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 3 | 0 | +3 | 4 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th | | Real Clifton | | 2 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 3 | 1 | +2 | 4 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th | | Rushden Phoenix | | 2 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 3 | 1 | +2 | 4 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th | | Discworld | | 2 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 1 | +1 | 4 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th | | Shire FC | | 2 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | +1 | 4 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th | | Darlington AS | | 2 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 4 | 2 | +2 | 3 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th | | Southsea Athletic | | 2 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 4 | 4 | 0 | 3 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th | | Wootton Wanderers | | 2 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 3 | 0 | 3 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th | | Capite Ad Calcem | | 2 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 0 | 3 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 12th | | FC Freljord | | 2 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 0 | 3 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 13th | | Chelsea Australia | | 2 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | -1 | 3 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 14th | | Stratford Rangers | | 2 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 2 | -1 | 3 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 15th | | New Bloc | | 2 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 3 | -1 | 1 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 16th | | AFC Slough | | 2 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 2 | -1 | 1 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 17th | | Dockland South | | 2 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 2 | -1 | 1 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 18th | | Solent Galaxy | | 2 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 4 | 7 | -3 | 0 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 19th | | Kuda Laut Gemilang | | 2 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 4 | -4 | 0 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 20th | | Essendon FC | | 2 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 6 | -6 | 0 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

nPOWER CHAMPIONSHIP
    LEAGUE TABLE

Code:

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st | | Saku FC | | 3 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 11 | 4 | +7 | 9 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd | | Darlington Rangers | | 3 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 2 | +3 | 9 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd | | Horden All Stars | | 3 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 9 | 3 | +6 | 7 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th | | Lowen Utd. | | 3 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 6 | 1 | +5 | 7 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th | | Fareham Fallguys | | 3 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 7 | 6 | +1 | 6 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th | | Dustbin Rovers | | 3 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 2 | +1 | 6 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th | | Doncaster | | 3 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 4 | 5 | -1 | 6 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th | | Barnsley | | 3 | 1 | 2 | 0 | 5 | 4 | +1 | 5 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th | | A1 FC | | 3 | 1 | 2 | 0 | 4 | 3 | +1 | 5 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th | | Bristol City | | 3 | 1 | 2 | 0 | 2 | 1 | +1 | 5 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th | | Ipswich | | 3 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 7 | 6 | +1 | 4 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 12th | | Preston | | 3 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 6 | 6 | 0 | 4 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 13th | | Coventry | | 3 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 4 | 4 | 0 | 4 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 14th | | Sheff Utd | | 3 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 7 | 8 | -1 | 3 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 15th | | Watford | | 3 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 3 | 4 | -1 | 3 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 16th | | Crystal Palace | | 3 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 2 | -1 | 3 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 17th | | Leicester | | 3 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 4 | 7 | -3 | 3 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 18th | | Ruff FC | | 3 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 7 | 9 | -2 | 2 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 19th | | Middlesbrough | | 3 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 4 | 6 | -2 | 2 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 20th | | Derby | | 3 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 3 | -2 | 2 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 21st | | Portsmouth | | 3 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 5 | 7 | -2 | 1 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 22nd | | Hull | | 3 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 5 | -2 | 1 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 23rd | | Millwall | | 3 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 5 | -4 | 1 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 24th | | Scunthorpe | | 3 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 6 | -6 | 0 | | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Amateur

Post-Match Press Conference

Press: Mr. Henno are you happy with how your team has performed in the first 3 games of the season?

Chairman: Yes, of course. I believe C.Ancelotti is doing a very good job with the limited ammount of players available to him.

Press: You decided to draft M.Harewood to your squad and he managed to score in his debut. Are you happy with his performance?

Chairman: M.Harewood is a great player and he is determined to do his best for our team.

Press: Your team seems to play very attacking football. Would you say that it's the strongest point of your team?

Chairman: We are leading the league in goals scored and I'm certain it's because our team is perfectly balanced in every aspect of the game.

Press: Thank you for answering to these questions.

Chairman: No problem at all.

Part-Timer

Post Match Portsmouth FC Press Conference With Marcus Mann & Roberto Di Matteo

Reporter 1: Well, Marcus and Roberto, very tight match and the first of the new 'South Coast Derbies' of the season, please give us your thoughts on how the match went.

RDM: Yes of course, the performance was very pleasing to the eye for the whole ground to see, however, certain defensive issues will have to be addressed before the next game, yet I have no complaints. Fratton Park is one of the most vocal stadiums in the Championship and I am happy the players coped well with the pressure of a derby and they should be congratulated on getting the team the three points today.

Reporter 2: Question to either of you, Paul Scholes, that was some debut and to top it off a MoM performance including 2 assists, how is he settling in on the South Coast?

MM: I believe the transition he has made and the immediate impact on the club and its fans is absolutely fantastic and we couldn't have asked for more from a thoroughbred professional who has played at the highest level for a very long time.

RDM: Just to elaborate on what Marcus has said, it was certainly quite a coup signing Paul as he should be one of the stand-out players at this level against the original teams left in the Championship and I honestly cannot wait to see him play again.

Reporter 3: Last question gents, are you both currently happy with your current league position because 3 weeks in you are not currently showing the form of true champions, surely you must begin to live up to your billing as predicted champions or risk being left behind?

MM & RDM: There's definitely a lot more football to be played, we've just got started.

End Of Transmission

Amateur

Nice! Top of the league! Nice to see my star foregner, and draft picks linking up nicely

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by arkitekt View Post
    Nice! Top of the league! Nice to see my star foregner, and draft picks linking up nicely
    Don't forget to mention your team name so we know who you are!

Part-Timer

Mystery Package Arrives at New Bloc Online Office

A mysterious audio tape arrived with the words "Play Me" written on it this morning to the offices of New Bloc Online/ With the tape was a note written on New Bloc stationary saying, "This might be of interest to you," and signed by Mr. X.

The tape, which runs for 5 minutes is a recording of chairman Zhaorchak running down current New Bloc manager Chris Hughton after winning only 1 point from the first two games in the Premiership season. The most notable clip was transcribed as follows. "Hughton, you ******* ****, you were my ******* choice to manager this club and you've got us eating **** near the bottom of the table! *Sobbing and mumbling heard* I don't give a **** what your family wants Chris, I want some ******* results!"

The full audio clip as well as all your New Bloc updates will continue to come from your #1 New Bloc source, NBonline.com!

Part-Timer

We are going to struggle, AFC Slough have no cutting edge...

Amateur

Kuda Laut Gemilang Chairman Interview

Q: Mr. Jayatsena, what happens to the team, it is already two defeats in two games?
    A: It's a hard league to compete, but we will be fighting back.

Q: What do you think the fans will think about those defeats?
    A: I hope they will understand it. First game is a hard away match, and in the second game, there is no good on early red card.

Q: Do you still want to keep Roy as your manager?
    A: I have to contact Mr. GCB, the commissioner of the league, to know if there any mechanism to change the manager. And since today is the Eid Mubarak day, I think I will forgive him and give him another chance. Please send my warmest gratitude and Happy Eid Mubarak to all managers on the league.

Amateur

After escaping from his moon base RUSHDEN PHOENIX chairman T.H.E. Sheriff sent us this tape from his new secret lair in Narnia. It stated that he was “very pleased by the team’s performance against tough opposition and is glad that, even though it is still early days, the team are proving the media prediction wrong by pushing for Europe.” He then mentioned something about finding a wardrobe but the tape cut out before any more details were mentioned.

Where will T.H.E. Sheriff be next time? Will he have found his wardrobe? And Will Rushden Phoenix be able to continue well after an impressive start? Tune in next time for more – ‘T.H.E. Sheriff and the Order of the Rushden Phoenix’.

Semi Pro

Good evening all i will be taking a few question's before i go hit the Bar's with the rest of the players

Press : After a great what are your thought's ?
    DAS : Well it was a marvelous win after our nightmare start against whooton hopefully the boys will carry on winning.

Press : Did you have any input in the squad Mr Howe Fielded this afternoon??
    DAS : No i didn't it was just a matter of time before Ed got his tactics right i have full faith in his ability.

Round of Applause

DAS: Lady's And Gentlman i would like you meet our Newest signing Zavon Hines

Press : Do you think Mr Hines Will be starting this year
    DAS : Well you never say never but if injury's do hit then we have a young Explosive striker who is waiting for his chance to shine

DAS: Anymore question's no ok well its been nice talking to you all but we must go and celebrate our win.

Amateur

hey i used to be in the top2 botton Fm10 and it was great if you decided to doing again i know all the work that takes let me know

Amateur

Bumpasaurus!!!

This was such a good sign up with a great begining to the journey, even if this was done in a bit less detail it would be amazing.
    You put such a lot effort into this GCB, shame for it to be abruptly halted, and only one ther comment from anyone else wondering why?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3