Does star ratings matter?

How much does stars in the assistant/scout/coach report for players (24 years or older) matter? should I only keep an eye on the stats or are the coach reports worth listening too?

The ones for "current ability" don't matter at all. They are just reflections of the player's ability relative to other members of the squad, which is just a weighted sum of his attributes. They are a good for a quick comparison, but they are not perfect and you're better off comparing key attributes.

The ones for "potential ability", however, are crucial, as they are your only way of telling how much your players will improve.

So if I got a reserve player with okay stats and the report says that he is not good enough (current) then I should only consider the key stats?

I don't listen to the coaches and AssMan on this .... what do they know?? .. .if they were so good, they would already be managers ;) ... if you think he is good enough, then who cares what the AssMan thinks :)

I have had plenty of times where my AssMan keeps telling me to seel a player as he is not good enough for the team, even though he consistently scores high marks in the games and are one of my best players.

The star ratings provide an indication that is all. Its like the visual starfish thing that shows how good they are in each area, it just makes assumptions based on stat weighting. I have a great DC who is only 3 star rated, I even checked his PA and its pretty low, but he has all the key stats for a great DC, he cant pass or dribble, and gets a nosebleed if he goes over the halfway line but he is consistently one of my top DCs and helped guide me to the CL final last year while my 4 star DC had a wobble and got dropped cause of poor form.

Archived