20/20 players (in-game and real life) - how rare?

So one of my players just reached the 20/20 mark (not sure if that's a common soccer phrase, like it is in baseball or basketball) - he got 20 goals and 20 assists in one season, and still counting!

I'm just wondering how rare of a feat this is? Both in FM and in real life? Particularly in UEFA leagues.

Thanks!

side question - should I sell the kid (23 y/o) for $50m to the giants? Or keep him to continue to compete for trophies (I'm in Russian league and he's a foreigner, but is 3 years from gaining citizenship...lol)

Depends what you think you can do with the money really. If your economy is fine and you'll struggle to replace him for the money you'll get, what's the point? I personally only sell key players when I have others waiting in the wings to take over their role.

Never heard of 20/20, but I'd say it's probably fairly uncommon. The kind of player that scores 20 goals isn't usually also who provides 20 assists.

My best player in FM has done this twice in the last 5 seasons in real life I think this would be extremely rare. As you progress in FM this type of thing will be more common as you will sign top strikers that can do both very well.

While a 20/20 ratio is clearly very good and rare, due to the points Scab outlined, it has to be remembered that assists are not weighted as highly in football as they are in American sports therefore it is conceivable to prefer a 25/10 ratio if you are creating the same kind of chances, and therefore goals, throughout. I'd probably keep him though. 20/20 is unreal.

Oh, and that be my first post on these shores. Well I be damned.

side question - should I sell the kid (23 y/o) for $50m to the giants? Or keep him to continue to compete for trophies (I'm in Russian league and he's a foreigner, but is 3 years from gaining citizenship...lol)

I've just sold a defender to Barcelona for what would be something like £51M. I didn't need the money but thought it could be fun to a) strengthen Barca as they haven't done well in Europe and b) "force" me to use a 17 year old more than I already did... And there could be a lot of other good reasons to sell. Sometimes it's just good to see a new face :-)

I've just sold a defender to Barcelona for what would be something like £51M. I didn't need the money but thought it could be fun to a) strengthen Barca as they haven't done well in Europe and b) "force" me to use a 17 year old more than I already did... And there could be a lot of other good reasons to sell. Sometimes it's just good to see a new face :-)

yeah, same has happened to me a lot. I sell players even if I don't need to - like you said, just to freshen the team up or start early development of a younger player...or yeah even to make another club stronger lol (why does the game hate Barca and love Atletico Madrid so much, anyway?)

Archived