Digital downloads now available (PC & Mac WSM and Fútbol Manager)

• SI Staff

I am pleased to announce that digital versions of Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008 and Fútbol Manager 2008 are now available. Details are as follows.

Worldwide Soccer Manager

This is the North American version of Football Manager and can only be purchased by people currently based in those territories. When you attempt to purchase Boonty will look up your IP address.

- PC Download from Boonty

- PC Download from Direct2Drive

- PC Mac Download from e-Sellerate (link disabled)

Fútbol Manager

This is the South American version of Football Manager and can only be purchased by people currently based in those territories. When you attempt to purchase Boonty will look up your IP address.

- PC Download from Boonty

- PC Download from Direct2Drive

- Mac Download from e-Sellerate (link disabled)

As you will have read, we are working on a patch for all titles (v8.0.1) which is save game compatible

We are also going to be releasing a digital version of Football Manager 2008 at some point after 8.0.1 ships so this may suit any of you in other countries who are unable to get the game delivered.

I've never done this before, is it easy

Yep! Click the link, enter your details, download the game and activate on your choice of 2 machines. Should your machine break or you get a new one contact Boonty support who can free one up for you.

Are there manuals?

As part of the download we include localised PDF manuals for you to enjoy

I've got a problem

Depending on the nature depends who can help you best. If you have a problem downloading the file or activating then you should contact Boonty support. If you have a problem with the game or a feature in the game please post on these forums. If all else fails, email me marc_duffy (at) sigames.com

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Originally posted by SaintsCanada:

And as your reward,

Swing low, sweet chariot,

Comin for to carry me home!

urrgh, Egg chasing..try this

You've got to hold and give

But do it at the right time

You can be slow or fast

But you must get to the line

They'll always hit you and hurt you

Defend and attack

Theres only one way to beat them

Get round the back

Catch me if you can

Cos' I'm the England man

And what you're looking at

Is the master plan

We ain't no hooligans

This ain't a football song

Three lions on my chest

I know we can't go wrong

We're playing for England {In-ger-land}

We're playing the song

One question for you, Marc. I've downloaded the game, and it puts it in a 'Boonty' folder, along with an ini file. I don't want to install it right now, as i am at work. Can I take this folder home, and install it there, or will I have to download it again?

• SI Staff
Originally posted by fifafan:

One question for you, Marc. I've downloaded the game, and it puts it in a 'Boonty' folder, along with an ini file. I don't want to install it right now, as i am at work. Can I take this folder home, and install it there, or will I have to download it again?

You should be ok to take home and play.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by Burto1945:

Thank you Marc, besides yesterday's hiccup, once again you have done your company proud.

One question: does this have more than one license attached (as in, putting the game on my laptop & desktop)? Thanks again.

please see my initial post which I've updated with a small Q & A

Originally posted by Marc Duffy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Burto1945:

Thank you Marc, besides yesterday's hiccup, once again you have done your company proud.

One question: does this have more than one license attached (as in, putting the game on my laptop & desktop)? Thanks again.

please see my initial post which I've updated with a small Q & A </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Marc, 2 licenses!!

Originally posted by wahoo05:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rafaeldamiani:

i have a problem

connection failed for activate

Me too. I am assuming this is just an early hiccup and will smooth out soon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

(and yes, my firewall is turned off, so the problem is not on my end icon_wink.gif )

• SI Staff
Originally posted by rafaeldamiani:

i have a problem

When do you get this error, at the point you are entering your serial code to activate?

Do you have a firewall or anything?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rafaeldamiani:

i have a problem

When do you get this error, at the point you are entering your serial code to activate?

Do you have a firewall or anything? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is after clicking on "Buy It Now." It stalls on the first step and then times out and says to make sure firewall is not interfering (and mine is definitely off so that is not the problem)

• SI Staff
Originally posted by _Chief_:

Hi, thanks for the links, could it be possible to have the size and checksum of those files ?

It's because I've downloaded a 5,584,104 bytes exe file and it doesn't seem right.

that is right (you've downloaded the Boonty application which will guide you through the rest of the process)

marc

Originally posted by _Chief_:

Hi, thanks for the links, could it be possible to have the size and checksum of those files ?

It's because I've downloaded a 5,584,104 bytes exe file and it doesn't seem right.

That is just the install program. I assume once it is working you download the game within that.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by hilld1985:

Hey Marc,

Thanks for the update.

Quick question: Am I able to install/play the game with multiple users on the same machine? Or does a single user = a single license?

Cheers,

If you are all on the same machine it's fine.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by rafaeldamiani:

disable firewall but in connection for activate, failed and no receive email confirmation

You have purchased the game and have an activation code ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by _Chief_:

that is right (you've downloaded the Boonty application which will guide you through the rest of the process)

marc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I see. I thought you could buy it after the big download.

I wouldn't want to pay, then given a link for download only to discover that the download speed is terrible (common in this part of the world) and be stuck with it.

Probably the system collapsed... i am trying to buy it but is says:

Purchasing Futbol Manager 2008

We are sorry, an error has occurred. Please renew your order or contact us on customer service indicating the nature of the problem you have encountered. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Tried 3 times... all with the same result...

Archived