+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Digital downloads now available (PC & Mac WSM and Fútbol Manager)

We can call it whatever you like

Another hour and a half so. Can't bleedin wait!!

Originally posted by Andy Jordan:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Duffy:
    Links on the first page updated. Boonty and Direct2Drive are for PC

Mac WWSM still uploading (about 40% now)
    simple extrapolation says about an hour and forty minutes left.

got any good stories, Marc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did I ever tell you about the Managing Director with a really really hairy back?

Part-Timer

no, but that does make a lot of sense now that you say it...

Right, Neil D is going to be your host through the next hour or so as we wait for take off. He's got the FTP info and is pressing F5 about as much as you guys are pressing it here.

I've sadly got to get to bed, to get up for an early office meeting and then the Goldeeeeen Joystick awards.

Good luck Mac friends

Amateur

Hour and half is the best guess huh. Man this uploading thing is painfully slow in this age of lap top supercomputers. An hour and a half to suffer whether starting unemployed or taking a MLS team to international glory.

I know, it's painful. The upload speeds are poor ... good for you on the download speeds...

Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar

Greetings to the Mac friends.

Hi friend

Amateur

Glad to hear that the game works on the best operating system available in Leopard!

What do you guys think of Leopard? Is Time Machine the most ingenious feature ever? I can't wait to install it tomorrow!!!

Amateur

Thanks Marc....for the updates.
    Marc...you are Messiah....
    Believe me you are not the only one F5ing every 5 seconds

Amateur

Goodnight Marc, get some much needed rest. Hello Neil now we can pester you with senseless neurotic questions until we get a link.

So under an hour you think?

I haven't tried Leopard yet, I'm still on Tiger, but a few of the lads have been using it on their test machines.

Talking of which, we got a new Mac Monster yesterday. Core 2 Duo and everything with a cool 8GB RAM.

Amateur

Yeah I had to buy a laptop but I got the meatiest one I could, I want to run the entire football world. For that I suppose I would need a heavy duty desktop.

Amateur

Originally posted by Neil Dejyothin:
    I haven't tried Leopard yet, I'm still on Tiger, but a few of the lads have been using it on their test machines.

Talking of which, we got a new Mac Monster yesterday. Core 2 Duo and everything with a cool 8GB RAM.
    Very nice. I have a monster MBP with 2.33 Ghz C2D and 3 GB of RAM. 256 MB Graphics Card too.

Part-Timer

are we still on track?

Amateur

Based on the previous numbers I am calculating another half hour. I have no idea if this is a fair calculation but for us tired and desperate thread reloaders it gives us some hope

We're over 50% now, but as Duffy said before, sleep is for losers, yet he's gone to bed!

Amateur

Bought WWSM with the download, haven't been able to actually download the game. The icon that says "Download Worldwide ..." first produces a Windows message that says "Tiny Downloader" has encountered an error; on subsequent attempts it produces nothing. I have an order ID. I tried downloading a second copy of the setup program, but it didn't change anything. Boonty tells me maybe the server was down and I should try again ... which I just did.

Anybody else having these kinds of problems? Should I uninstall everything and start over, or will that cost me one of my two installations?

Amateur

Seems like I am going to revise my figures that last 10% was way sloe

so we're looking at another 2 hours or so.

We're at about 65%, believe!

Part-Timer

I think that I'll get to download and install at a leisurely pace while watching 30 Rock, The Office, and Scrubs tonight.

Amateur

Have been trying to download Futbol Manager from Boonty since yesterday, but keep getting the (common to many users on this forum) message that the transaction has failed. Boonty support replied to say that my bank turned down the transaction, but my bank haven't done anything. So, I eagerly awaited Direct to Drive, who have futbol manager available for download, albeit only for people in South America. However my order gets blocked because of country location restrictions. Presumably those retrictions are because I am in South America. I've checked my IP address, and it is correctly locating where I am. This is kind of like the episode of a certain programme (that may not have been shown yet so I won't give a spoiler) where a character's love for a woman is killed off when she deliberately makes herself smell before having sex with him badly. This is how I am beginning to feel about Football Manager.

Originally posted by vikeologist:
    Have been trying to download Futbol Manager from Boonty since yesterday, but keep getting the (common to many users on this forum) message that the transaction has failed. Boonty support replied to say that my bank turned down the transaction, but my bank haven't done anything. So, I eagerly awaited Direct to Drive, who have futbol manager available for download, albeit only for people in South America. However my order gets blocked because of country location restrictions. Presumably those retrictions are because I am in South America. I've checked my IP address, and it is correctly locating where I am. This is kind of like the episode of a certain programme (that may not have been shown yet so I won't give a spoiler) where a character's love for a woman is killed off when she deliberately makes herself smell before having sex with him badly. This is how I am beginning to feel about Football Manager.
    I'm sorry to hear that and it's unusual, because Fútbol Manager should only be available to your territory.

I've fired off an email to the guys over at Direct2Drive, so if they come back to me I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Amateur

Thanks for rattling off the percentages, it is helpful

Part-Timer

Neil, may I ask for an update?

Amateur

Neil how did you get stuck with this shift? Gotta keep asking you questions lest you slip off into a deep sleep and leave us here to get increasingly anxious

Neil, may I ask for an update?
    75%

Amateur

Seems like another 50 minutes, then.

Originally posted by OneEyedJack:
    Neil how did you get stuck with this shift? Gotta keep asking you questions lest you slip off into a deep sleep and leave us here to get increasingly anxious
    It's okay. I work 24 hours, 7 days a week. Remember, sleep is for losers!

Guess what, Direct2Drive have fixed this for you now. Go get it quick!

Amateur

the_dave maybe less than that the percentages are picking up steam here. Oh to see it get to single digits and trickle towards sweet linking and then the downloading countdown begins.

Amateur

Originally posted by old fat bald guy:
    Bought WWSM with the download, haven't been able to actually download the game. The icon that says "Download Worldwide ..." first produces a Windows message that says "Tiny Downloader" has encountered an error; on subsequent attempts it produces nothing. I have an order ID. I tried downloading a second copy of the setup program, but it didn't change anything. Boonty tells me maybe the server was down and I should try again ... which I just did.

Anybody else having these kinds of problems? Should I uninstall everything and start over, or will that cost me one of my two installations?
    Guess I'm the only PC person here because everybody else is playing already. Hello?

Amateur

Old fat bald guy, must be frustrating to be having these problems. After waiting all this time I think I might go a little nuts if I have problems with the downlaod

Amateur

A little bit frustrating, yes. I'd love to get an answer about whether I can just delete what I have and try again with my order ID number. Just emailed Boonty with that, too. Evidently it's a busy day for them.

Amateur

Hate to be a thorn, but could I bother for an update? Thanks!

Amateur

Thanks for your help Neil.

Amateur

Curious to see what the next update is. SI seems to be using a new company for this download, I hope all goes well once this is uploaded. I guess we will be the guinea pigs

Originally posted by atlgunner:
    Hate to be a thorn, but could I bother for an update? Thanks!
    We're in the home straight now!

Amateur

I do hope that was the proper use of the exclamation mark. As in ready in the next few minutes??!!

Not quite, but we've about 25MB to go.

Amateur

Not too shabby

Hi guys,
    just a few words from a Mac-female-user (am I the only woman here?)
    First of all, thanks a lot to Mike and Neil who are losing their time with us poor addicted...
    And a question: would it be thinkable in the future to have the possibility to specify the player's gender, and maybe to have the pronouns, etc, changing accordingly?
    Take care guys (and girls),
    S.

Amateur

Oakland you would happen to live in Oakland, because that is where I am sitting and suffering. Seems like a good idea to have gender specific wording, first female I know who plays this game

Amateur

Originally posted by Oakland:
    Hi guys,
    First of all, thanks a lot to Mike and Neil who are losing their time with us poor addicted...
    And a question: would it be thinkable in the future to have the possibility to specify the player's gender, and maybe to have the pronouns, etc, changing accordingly?
    S.
    No Oakland your not the only woman in here, I am a woman myself so there are two of us..I think.

Guess what...

We have lift off!

Part-Timer

I am downloading something... excellent!

e-Sellerate Worldwide Soccer Manager is now available to download from here:

http://download.sega.com/u/nasa/wwsm_2008.zip

Thanks for your patience.

Where can we download from?? Thanks

Amateur

BOO YAH!!!!

Amateur

That was a sweet surprise, already downloading, Thanks and now get some sleep (it's not for losers just tired winners)

IT'S THERE!!!!!!!!
    Great to know that I'm not the only female coach around...
    Thank you Neil for YOUR patience!
    Have fun (Yankee-ram especially )

Originally posted by Oakland:
    Hi guys,
    S.
    No problem at all.

Onto your question, yes, it's something we would like to address in the future although it's actually not as easy to do as it sounds.

To put it bluntly, we were a little on the naive side with how we went about implementing text and translations all those years ago in what has now become "Football Manager".

We've made great strides since then of course and continue to improve this side of things, particularly for when we translate the game into other languages which also have gender based arguments.

The game though has literally thousands of lines of text and they are all split up into little chunks of text and code and then concatenated together, which is where it becomes difficult as you have to get lots of "logic" right to make sure the text knows what context its in.

I hope that made some sense, but it's on our agenda definitely!

Amateur

I download the boonty version of Fútbol Manager, i´m in Brasil. When the download finish, I click on exe file. About 3 minutes later, I choose the language (english, Français and Spanish), but then, the install dont start. What´s wrong??? Please, help me....

Amateur

Downloading....A big thank you to Marc and Neil

Amateur

Si, eso es.
    Well done, y'all.

Part-Timer

downloaded.

thanks Neil - we all appreciate it.

Amateur

My bad.... I think now it´s installing

Part-Timer

had to pay via PayPal because I couldn't change the expiration date on my Visa.

no worries, let's play.

Amateur

Has anyone got the Mac version to work, I downloaded it and installed it but when I go to launch it I am getting the spinning soccer ball of death and a black screen. It's just not loading. And the ball is spinning really slowly. Comments?

Amateur

had to pay via PayPal because I couldn't change the expiration date on my Visa.

no worries, let's play.
    If anyone else has this issue, just select the expiration fields and type the numbers. For some reason the eSellerate mac client wont allow you to actually select from the pull down list.

Amateur

Same problem, expiration date function not working needs to be fixed

Damn, not sure why that would be for you OneEyedJack.

It might be worth clearing your preferences. I think you can find them here (sorry on the PC at the moment, so this is off the top of my head).

You should probably trash the "Sports Interactive" folder here to see if that helps:

/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Sports Interactive/

The expiry date issue, thanks for raising that. I'll talk to the team tomorrow to see if there's anything we can do.

Amateur

I got the Mac version working....only odd thing I have is that I get no input from the keyboard. I'll reboot at some point and see if it fixes it.

Otherwise it makes entering your name a little trickier than it needs to be. Managed to circumvent that...game seems to be fine otherwise

Amateur

Is it possible to transfer my own licenses between 3 PCs? I got a laptop (old and slow), home PC and a entertainment PC at work.

Amateur

My Digital Download for Fm2008 played fine before the beta patch. After the beta patch, I NOW CAN NOT PLAY IT BECAUSE I NEED THE CD?? WTF

Amateur
    SALVE a nobis, Deipara Maria, venerandus totius orbis thesaurus, lampas inextinguibilis, corona virg

musint-the beta patch is for boxed versions of FM. You have the Digital Download which will take a different patch. The patches are not compatable.

Reinstall your game and wait until early next week for correct beta patch.

Amateur

Originally posted by musint:
    My Digital Download for Fm2008 played fine before the beta patch. After the beta patch, I NOW CAN NOT PLAY IT BECAUSE I NEED THE CD?? WTF
    Unless your Digital Download came boxed in some way, I think you might have made a mistake.

"
    There will be many different versions of the "beta" patch available for the different variations of the game. As these become available, the game name will be in bold lettering.

Football Manager 2008 PC boxed - http://download.sega.com/u/fm2008_pa..._betapatch.exe
    Football Manager 2008 Mac boxed - http://download.sega.com/u/fm2008_pa..._betapatch.dmg
    WWSM 2008 PC boxed - coming soon (likely early next week)
    WWSM 2008 Mac boxed - coming soon (likely early next week)

WWSM 2008 Digital Download - coming soon (likely early next week)
    Futbol Manager 2008 Digital Download - coming soon (likely early next week)

The reason for them being available at different times is that the different versions all need different installers, which take quite a bit of time to build, and also need to be tested (the installer) before we can make them live. We appreciate your patience during this time, and they will all go live as soon as we can get them done.
    "

I think it wasn't the best of ideas to release this test beta patch, it just confuses people with all the versions and there will always be complainers '...and yet another download! come on SI get it straight... bla bla'

Amateur

Does anybody know the size of the file you download from Direct2Drive ?

The other site Boonty had a 5Mb downloader and then apparently the game was downloaded after payment.

This, Direct2Drive just started downloading something after payment and there's no indication of what is it.

Amateur

I also had to pay by paypal as i couldn't get the expiration date to change. I tried typing stuff.

Amateur

my post was deleted. But for direct 2 drive the file is 475. You pay get an activiation code, download it, then when you installed, and run the game it lets you activate.

Amateur

How many systems can I put this on?

Just curious - are there going to be any more PC download options available for WWSM in the coming days?

The only reason I ask this is because my only payment option is PayPal (no credit card), and it seems that both Boonty and D2D don't support it. (I thought Boonty *did* based on their website, but the payment page for WWSM doesn't have that option surprisingly.)

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

I will chase Boonty up on that for you.

Originally posted by Mercurial23:
    How many systems can I put this on?
    2/3 as standard (depending on the provider)

if you ever have any problems (if you say reinstall your machine) contact me

Originally posted by _Chief_:
    Does anybody know the size of the file you download from Direct2Drive ?

The other site Boonty had a 5Mb downloader and then apparently the game was downloaded after payment.

This, Direct2Drive just started downloading something after payment and there's no indication of what is it.
    With Boonty you download their installer app (5mb) which downloads the game

With D2D you download the full game in one and activate

Originally posted by Marc Duffy:
    I will chase Boonty up on that for you.
    Great to hear! Thanks Marc.

Amateur

Thanks so much for getting Direct 2 Drive up and running!! I was in contact with the Boonty tech support people, but was still having lots of problems getting it to work. Direct 2 Drive was simple and worked right away!! Thanks!!!

Amateur

Originally posted by wahoo05:
    Thanks so much for getting Direct 2 Drive up and running!! I was in contact with the Boonty tech support people, but was still having lots of problems getting it to work. Direct 2 Drive was simple and worked right away!! Thanks!!!
    Same here, in just one try.

Turkish Co-Head Researcher

wonderful! thank you i hope turkish people will use that

Amateur

Originally posted by Neil Dejyothin:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vikeologist:
    Guess what, Direct2Drive have fixed this for you now. Go get it quick! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Well, i have just sent you an email Marc about this... to see what I should do...

Amateur

Well, i have sent an email to Marc but it looks like he is offline...
    SO, i will post it here to see if someone can help me...

The last 2 days i have been trying to buy the game through Boonty and i got the error that was described previously (in the third page, after completing the form i get the message "there was an error... ").
    So, i came here today to see if there was a solution... and i found this:

He describes the same problem that i have with Boonty.

And Neil Dejyothin replied:
    I'm sorry to hear that and it's unusual, because Fútbol Manager should only be available to your territory.
    I've fired off an email to the guys over at Direct2Drive, so if they come back to me I'll let you know as soon as I can.
    and some minutes later, Neil replied again:
    So, it is safe to go and try Direct2Drive? or shall i wait to see what happened with my order on Boonty? (i am specially worried about the credit card, obviously )

Thank you very much.

Amateur

Originally posted by lmatt69:
    I got the Mac version working....only odd thing I have is that I get no input from the keyboard. I'll reboot at some point and see if it fixes it.

Otherwise it makes entering your name a little trickier than it needs to be. Managed to circumvent that...game seems to be fine otherwise
    I had the same problem, so I saved the setup world (without adding a manager) and restarted WWSM, and the keyboard works fine.

I don't know how I entered my expiration date, but I got it to work somehow.

Little speed bumps on the road, nothing more. Great job.
    Thanks again, Marc and Neil.

Boonty have now confirmed Paypal is working on our products

Originally posted by Pierroth:
    Just curious - are there going to be any more PC download options available for WWSM in the coming days?

The only reason I ask this is because my only payment option is PayPal (no credit card), and it seems that both Boonty and D2D don't support it. (I thought Boonty *did* based on their website, but the payment page for WWSM doesn't have that option surprisingly.)

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
    See above.

gasior

Hey Marc, emailed you about trying to get my copy of Futbol Manager running in English, is there anything I can do?

Originally posted by fercecy:

The last 2 days i have been trying to buy the game through Boonty and i got the error that was described previously (in the third page, after completing the form i get the message "there was an error... ").

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Have been trying to download Futbol Manager from Boonty since yesterday, but keep getting the (common to many users on this forum) message that the transaction has failed. Boonty support replied to say that my bank turned down the transaction, but my bank haven't done anything. So, I eagerly awaited Direct to Drive, who have futbol manager available for download, albeit only for people in South America. However my order gets blocked because of country location restrictions. Presumably those retrictions are because I am in South America. I've checked my IP address, and it is correctly locating where I am. This is kind of like the episode of a certain programme (that may not have been shown yet so I won't give a spoiler) where a character's love for a woman is killed off when she deliberately makes herself smell before having sex with him badly. This is how I am beginning to feel about Football Manager.

So, it is safe to go and try Direct2Drive? or shall i wait to see what happened with my order on Boonty? (i am specially worried about the credit card, obviously )

Thank you very much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get Direct2Drive and if you have any unwanted Boonty charges - please contact me

Boonty have now confirmed Paypal is working on our products
    And I'm currently downloading WWSM right now.

Again, greatly appreciated Marc.

Amateur

Neil,
    I am in North America and accidently downloaded Futbol Manager (South American version in Spanish).. I told Marc Duffy about this and he said on this that he has an answer for me, and to e-mail him. I did but I have no reply after 2 days.
    Do you know if I could play the game with the English version? Can I somehow get the WWSM instead of the Futbol Manager i downloaded? Thanks

2 days...I don't think so!
    I'm going through those mails now so you might be lucky but no way 2 days sir

Amateur

2 days...I don't think so!
    I'm going through those mails now so you might be lucky but no way 2 days sir
    just trying to expedite the process
    i downloaded the wrong game 2 days ago, and notified you on that day. you said you could have an answer by the next day (yesterday) and did, but we never got in touch.
    no hard feelings mate, i just can't wait to play!!

Well, I've gone through the emails I had and I hope yours was one of them

Amateur

yes it was!
    thanks man, it's running great now!

Is it possible once the game is downloaded to burn onto a cd or is there some kind of lock on it?

Amateur

Originally posted by Taz of the Boro:
    Is it possible once the game is downloaded to burn onto a cd or is there some kind of lock on it?
    I would like to know too! coz I wanna be able to play it when I'm at home, or on my laptop when I'm traveling as well as when I have free time at work using my work PC.

Amateur

Originally posted by bolung:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz of the Boro:
    I would like to know too! coz I wanna be able to play it when I'm at home, or on my laptop when I'm traveling as well as when I have free time at work using my work PC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    They have already explained that you can activate the game in 2 different machines.

Amateur

Originally posted by fercecy:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bolung:
    I would like to know too! coz I wanna be able to play it when I'm at home, or on my laptop when I'm traveling as well as when I have free time at work using my work PC.
    They have already explained that you can activate the game in 2 different machines. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand that part. However, is the change just like one click to deactivate on PC "A" and then another click on PC "B" to activate my license? Coz I wanna do it on 3 PCs instead of 2.

Thanks for ur reply!

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fercecy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Have been trying to download Futbol Manager from Boonty since yesterday, but keep getting the (common to many users on this forum) message that the transaction has failed. Boonty support replied to say that my bank turned down the transaction, but my bank haven't done anything. So, I eagerly awaited Direct to Drive, who have futbol manager available for download, albeit only for people in South America. However my order gets blocked because of country location restrictions. Presumably those retrictions are because I am in South America. I've checked my IP address, and it is correctly locating where I am. This is kind of like the episode of a certain programme (that may not have been shown yet so I won't give a spoiler) where a character's love for a woman is killed off when she deliberately makes herself smell before having sex with him badly. This is how I am beginning to feel about Football Manager.

Thank you very much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get Direct2Drive and if you have any unwanted Boonty charges - please contact me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Ok, thanks Mark.
    Direct2Drive have just procesed my order... i will start downloading it now...
    Now you need to pull out that beta patch for the DD and you will be my idol...

Amateur

Any chance the beta patch will get through for digital download sooneR?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast