Suggestion: Woman players & clubs ?

There isn't a big enough demand for this yet but in a few years there may well be. These threads always go the same way most people reject the idea due to the researching and the fact that it is not a part of football that people would be interested in. I would prefer a 1960's database than a female one.

I'd play it and happily offer my services as a researcher (regularly attending W-League games and being a season ticket holder for our local side) but yeah, I don't think there's much demand for it to be viable. There's plenty of people out there who don't even think women's football is a "proper" sport (which I think is BS but that's another story.)

I doubt SI would want to do this as there clearly isn't as much interest when compared to the men's game, but I don't think it would take very long for them to implement a system where someone could add it in as a mod. That way they're not losing too much time developing it and they'll get people who are enthusiastic about the women's game to contribute instead.

So would I, but even that would also be very hard to research.

Harder than hard but as long as players had real names and a random PA that's all I would want but like researching the womens game it would be very difficult.

Harder than hard but as long as players had real names and a random PA that's all I would want but like researching the womens game it would be very difficult.

In a way, the PA would be the easiest thing to do, as you know what happened to them. Unlike when researching for a current team.

In a way, the PA is the easiest thing to do, as you know what happen to them. Unlike when researching for a current team.

I agree with well known players but surely some of the lesser leagues would have players that would be hard to judge. I think CA would be harder but a bit of randomness would be good.

Medical report.

Your medical assistant reports that after training player x has gotten pregnant.

She will be out for 9 months.

:D

At least that would solve the other recurring type of thread "When am I going to get a son!?!!?!!!"

The Women's game is well and truly on the up in real life but it's just not feasible for SI to devote the resources required for something which isn't going to increase game sales by much at all.

No one's asking them to. Whenever women's football is mooted, we always come back to "just give the editor a bit more juice and we'll do what we can from there". SI don't have to put in the research, they don't evn have to put any leagues or players in the game (although they could maybe throw the Women's World Cup and continental championships in to the editor, to save us a lot of faffing around with the advanced rules). All they need to do is add one or two things to the editor, which I don't think will be too hard, and expand the game's feminised vocabulary to players as well as staff, the work is already done, it just needs to be applied.

What we editors and Women's Football enthusiasts need/want is:

-Make the "is female" tick box available for players.

-A similar set of tick boxes for competitions: "female players only", "female match officials only". Obviously some people will want something blocking female players from entering male leagues, so we would need the opposite tick boxes too "male players only".

-A tick box for clubs: "Academy produces female players only".

after that we can do all the work.

For my part I actually would rather see women's teams in FIFA-type games rather than FM, because then they're more likely to be licensed and those games have a better chance of latching on to the excitement generated at this and previous year's World Cups.

Archived