[FM11] Only in Europe

I've decided that I'm going to try a new career save only in Europe. This is including uncle ron's edited database. So with that included my game set-up includes;

England - Down to uncle ron's edit.

Holland - Eerste Divisie

Hungary - Division II

Ireland - First Division

Israel - National League

Italy - C2

Northern Ireland - Second Division

Russia - First Division

Scotland - Third Division

Spain - Second Division B

Ukraine - First League

Wales - Principality Welsh Premier

I would really like to achieve a long-term save which will take me through to the release of FM12, or possibly past that should I enjoy it so much. Approximate player count is 62,000 and I also have all players based in nation of England.

Best of luck mate. You must have a ridiculous machine to run so many leagues though!

My couple of attempts left me tearing my hair out at how long it took to progress from week to week, even if my system was rated at 4 and a half stars....

I decided to start unemployed and didn't mind where I went first. I applied for all fifty jobs available and decided to take the manager's hotseat at

Paultonroversfc.jpg

Paulton Rovers FC

The media predict us to finish third this season. If we achieve that then I'll be delighted. Currently I don't think we will though. Our finances are insecure and our chairman is looking to leave. I'm excited though and I've signed a one year deal on £120 a week. I've also persuaded the board to allow me to be full-time. I don't have any transfer funds and I'm currently over my £800 wage budget by £82. I hope that my scout can find me some players eventually.

Best of luck mate. You must have a ridiculous machine to run so many leagues though!

My couple of attempts left me tearing my hair out at how long it took to progress from week to week, even if my system was rated at 4 and a half stars....

If you have a look at past career threads that I've started, I've been able to load up about 186k players and more nations. But whilst it processes fast enough, after a few seasons you can't do anything. So I've gone with the approach of less is more.

Not this is my sort of thing, waiting to see how things go.

I don't expect to achieve instant success with Paulton. Nor do I expect any success with any club. I just want another fun save.

I've finally decided on the way I'll do my updates. I'm planning on doing them at the end of the month in October, February and May.

July to October 2010 Review

So, with us now at the end of October I can start to assess the team's failures. I was fairly confident in the team that I had assembled over pre-season that I bigged them up in the media by saying that we could win the league. I think I did anyway. That in my opinion has proved to be a massive mistake. As not only have struggled in the league and cups, it's also resulted in my job hanging by a thread. In the league we are currently languishing in 19th place in the league.

In the cups we haven't done much better. We were out in the Prelimanary Round of the FA Cup after losing to Cinderford in the replay at home on penalties. A mammoth penalty shoot-out eventually was won by Cinderford. In the FA Trophy we are also out. Again in the Prelimanary Round having lost to Godalming at home. Things do seem to be getting better though as we have won our last two games which were in the cup. They were in the Somerset Premier Cup and the Red Insure Cup

There haven't been many stand out players but one player who has impressed has been Matt Cooper.

Transfer wise I made 8 signings whilst also seeing 8 players leave with 2 on loan. The new signings haven't really impressed but I'm hoping that the squad will start to gel better which will hopefully help us climb away from trouble. The two players that went out on loan have now returned and gone straight into the first team squad.

I've also made the bold decision of sacking my assistant and my scout. I wasn't happy with my assistant and my scout was rubbish. So I figured that I best look for someone new for those two positions. Unfortunately I haven't managed to bring anyone in yet though.

November 2010 to 15th January 2011

Things gradually improved throughout this period but there was still the annoying feeling of knowing that the team and I could do better. We were 20th in the Zamaretto League Division One South/West and whilst we didn't look in any particluar danger for relegation, we weren't exactly moving upwards either.

In the cups were doing better than I thought. We had managed to get to the 3rd round of the Insure Cup and the Quarter Final of the Somerset Premier Cup but the league was the priority and it was very frustrating.

Our discipline was also poor. During the 21 League games we had amassed 59 yellow cards, nearly three per match. The red cards weren't much better as we topped the table for that as well with 5.

So with me losing 3-0 against Clevedon, I decided that it was time to resign from my position as Paulton Rovers manager and seek employment elsewhere.

Where will I go next, I'm not sure. There's only one other job available and that is at Dover Athletic and as much I would love to take the job there I don't think they will have me as my record isn't exactly great.

One thing I do know though is that wherever my next job is, I will be trying to sign Matt Cooper who is a great striker. I'm also on his favoured personnel list.

February 2011- April 2011

The last few months of the season at Taunton were good ones. Although it didn't start to good. I joined the club when they were 19th in the Zamaretto League Division One South/West and my first game was against Frome. They beat us 4-0 and I thought that it would be just like it was a Paulton. Luckily the players got their act together and we went on a 6 match unbeaten run which saw us climb the table. We were looking to push on but we then went and lost our second game in eight games. In the 6 remaining matches we failed to win but did pick up four draws to keep us in with a chance of getting up to 13th but in thos six remaining matches we lost the final two which meant we fell to 18th. That was where we finished the season.

Zamaretto League Division One South West - As you can my previous employers were relegated. Amazingly Andover had a great escape as they were bottom at Christmas with about 6 or so points.

The cups don't matter as we were already out of them before I joined.

Top Goalscorer: Callum Green - Green had scored a few goals before I joined and I had hoped he would continue that. Unfortunately he only managed another 3 in the final 14 or so games. He did miss the remaining few through injury.

Key Players

Oliver Sutton - The young central defender performed great for me after I joined.

What Next?

My contract expires in a few months and I'm starting too be linked with jobs in higher divisions. I'm not a favourite or anything. Just one of the names in the hat. If a bigger club does come in for me I will definitely have to consider it. I would like to stay if nothing comes regarding a bigger club.

Cooper Watch

With Paulton's relegation I will be looking at trying to sign Matt Cooper. My staff think I'm mad and that he isn't good enough but he proved to be a great goalscorer for me. I've tried saying I want to sign him in the past month or so with no luck. Hopefully now he'll be interested and I can snap him up for a cheap fee should I stay.

Trying to bring Taunton (I formerly lived a few miles away in neighbouring Wellington) to the big time sounds an interesting challenge for you. Time to give Somerset a decent team. ;)

Archived