do you bother with training?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by magpies_fan:

but what do i do?

like my team is playing pretty well

and i'm a nightmare when it comes to training and tactics, but i would like to give it a go....what are the main things i should study for a striker, midfileder and defender?

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for me:

attacking players: high in attacking,shooting, technique,stamina,strength.

defnesive minded players: high in tactical,defensive,stamina,strength.

set pieces are tacked on at the end for me.

play around with it, i find that all training scheudles overall intensity are just a notch down from hard is the best

but you dont want to waste your attackers time by training them in defensive skills and like whys defendsive players in attacking.

goalkeepers are really high in stamina and strength and goalkeeping.

nothing for shooting and attaching. light in defensive and tactics.

a. if you leave your players on the general schedule, they will train quite adequately and their CA will rise slowly.

b. if you get your own schedules, designed by position, then your players will undoubtedly train better and their CA will go up faster.

c. go to the Tactics forum and look in the FAQ thread at the top of the forum and read up about training there. There are also several good training schedules to download in there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

a. if you leave your players on the general schedule, they will train quite adequately and their CA will rise slowly.

b. if you get your own schedules, designed by position, then your players will undoubtedly train better and their CA will go up faster.

c. go to the Tactics forum and look in the FAQ thread at the top of the forum and read up about training there. There are also several good training schedules to download in there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a. you've also got to take into account that yes, their ca will rise but some of the wrong stats will be rising in relation to their position if it's a general schedule.

you'll have a defneders attacking stats rising and nicking points when they could be going towards defensive stats.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rinso:

definitely!! have my own schedules set up for each position, for senior and youth players too!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif Attention to detail...

I have schedules for each position but it really takes no time at all. I just set up schedules for each position and one for fitness when i first buy the game, save them and use them for each game after that. I probably spend ten minutes on training in the whole time I play the game but my schedules are still detailed and useful this way.

i have one schedule for everybody. counter attacking play works better when full backs and DM join in. worked so far, 3 seasons, 2 leagues, fa cup, league cup. maybe its different with smaller clubs or lower leagues.

i also set the schedule to heavy. nobody moaning. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:

i have one schedule for everybody. counter attacking play works better when full backs and DM join in. worked so far, 3 seasons, 2 leagues, fa cup, league cup. maybe its different with smaller clubs or lower leagues.

i also set the schedule to heavy. nobody moaning. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha good little manager you are eh!

ive now got different training aspects for every player now....took a good 1 hour!

I can't be sure if setting up my own schedules makes any difference, but I do it anyway.

I have a schedule for forwards and strikers, one for defenders and one for goalkeepers.

I have two separate ones for midfielders. My attacking midfielders' schedule more closely resembles that of the strikers', but with modifications. My schedule for more defensively-minded midfielders is closer to my defenders' one, again, with modifications.

Never at the start, but after a seasonor two, when I've actually decided that this save is going to alst, I'll then put the effort into setting up my backroom staff, training and scouting assignments.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SiDolman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">or course it does </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry but the player development is a farce </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It what way?

I posted this in another thread but it seems to show that players can develop over time.

Brian aged 15

Brian aged 21

Brian aged 27

One of the first things i do when i take over at a club. New schedule for Keepers, Defenders, Defensive Mid, Midfielders, Attacking Mid and Strikers.

It's fairly obvious which sections you use for each position whilst i tend to keep the strength and stamina sections fairly similar for each position around the beginning of the medium with pre-season being higher.

It helps to tweak each schedule ever so slightly every now and then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SiDolman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">or course it does </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It what way?

I posted this in another thread but it seems to show that players can develop over time.

Brian aged 15

Brian aged 21

Brian aged 27 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree players DO improve over time. Its just that 90% of everyone here expect to see instant results in a few months..its not like that anymore in Fm 08,(which I think is realistic) it takes years now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

It what way?

Brian aged 15

Brian aged 21

You must've been well chuffed with him dafuge? icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joor:

I agree players DO improve over time. Its just that 90% of everyone here expect to see instant results in a few months..its not like that anymore in Fm 08,(which I think is realistic) it takes years now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the way it should be, players should generally peak at around 27, not in their late teens or early twenties. With previous versions you could work out how good a player would get very quickly, this is much better.

It what way?

Brian aged 15

Brian aged 21

I just note that from your images, if "natural fitness" cant developed by training or age at all??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joor:

I agree players DO improve over time. Its just that 90% of everyone here expect to see instant results in a few months..its not like that anymore in Fm 08,(which I think is realistic) it takes years now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the way it should be, players should generally peak at around 27, not in their late teens or early twenties. With previous versions you could work out how good a player would get very quickly, this is much better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, it make much more sense now while player peak themselves at age 27 or so. However, with the developing curve post 8.0.1, you are almost impossible to get any Messi or Fabregas at the age of 18 or so.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rickooko:

Yea, it make much more sense now while player peak themselves at age 27 or so. However, with the developing curve post 8.0.1, you are almost impossible to get any Messi or Fabregas at the age of 18 or so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously that is not ideal, but it is better than every player having a career like Messi or Fabregas.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by magpies_fan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:

i also set the schedule to heavy. nobody moaning. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha good little manager you are eh!

ive now got different training aspects for every player now....took a good 1 hour! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, thanks for that icon_confused.gif i wasn't boasting, just making a point that my training works...

anyone else use one schedule?

I created a training schedule for each position by looking at key attributes and the training areas that improve them. This way my training will hopefully improve my players in areas that are important for the tactics I use. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly. similar to mine, but with more schedules.

i tried the individual schedule method with Juve, didn't really work as i only had a few strikers and apart from Van Der vaart, nobody else contributed with goals and we let in loads from counter attacks because the mids didn't stop build up plays.

i would do individual training for young strikers, for example, to boost their early development. then again, i've had Lansbury on whole team training and he's developing very well at the moment as an AMRC.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barside:

Surely natural fitness by definition cannot change. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my current natural fitness is fairly good. if i improved by doing lots of cardio work then my antural overall fitness would improve. i'ts not going to stay the same if someone goes from doing no exercise to running 50miles a week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rickooko:

Yea, it make much more sense now while player peak themselves at age 27 or so. However, with the developing curve post 8.0.1, you are almost impossible to get any Messi or Fabregas at the age of 18 or so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously that is not ideal, but it is better than every player having a career like Messi or Fabregas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gotta desagree, i'd rather have a team full of messis or fabregas then having a team full of idiots with low physical stats. the low physical stats in regens are a serious problem and since the training takes too much time they wont be able to get good physical stats until they're 25+ . i found very good regens that i bought but i then just sell them because their speed and aceleration are ridiculous, usually 12, and no matter how good other stats are they will be owned by fast players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeathSpawn:

Obviously that is not ideal, but it is better than every player having a career like Messi or Fabregas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gotta desagree, i'd rather have a team full of messis or fabregas then having a team full of idiots with low physical stats. the low physical stats in regens are a serious problem and since the training takes too much time they wont be able to get good physical stats until they're 25+ . i found very good regens that i bought but i then just sell them because their speed and aceleration are ridiculous, usually 12, and no matter how good other stats are they will be owned by fast players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i gotta dissagree

that makes it so unrealistic...i like having very few world class players on the game because thats what makes the game! haha

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeathSpawn:

gotta desagree, i'd rather have a team full of messis or fabregas then having a team full of idiots with low physical stats. the low physical stats in regens are a serious problem and since the training takes too much time they wont be able to get good physical stats until they're 25+ . i found very good regens that i bought but i then just sell them because their speed and aceleration are ridiculous, usually 12, and no matter how good other stats are they will be owned by fast players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My entire squad are now regens and only two of my players have either pace or acceleration in single figures, one of which is a goalie. Almost half of them have got both pace and acceleration of 15+. The average age of the squad is 23.

Only get involved if things are going very badly, like the other day increased defensive set piece training because we'd lost more goals from set pieces than any other team. And seems to work. Getting really good coaches isn't too difficult in the game so I let them to the vast majorty of the work.

do i bother with training? of course, that's how 16 year old Arturo Fernandez AKA Torro became the leading scorer in the German first Division by the age of 18. Btw, is it normal for him to dubbed Wonderkid after he has achieved success. Aren't Wonderkids spotted at young ages, like 14 or 15? Just wondering.

Thanks

Archived