Transfer saga's in your games???

With Luka Modric's transfer dragging on and on, I got thinking. How many of you fine people have had a transfer saga in your games?

I remember when I took over at Everton, every big club wanted Jack Rodwell. Manchester City put in a £17 million bid in the summer which I rejected (I valued him way higher considering he had an average rating of 8.4 having started nearly every game that season). He then got pretty angry with me and asked me why I wouldn't let him go. I told him that I felt the club could grow and he would be a massive part of that (I finished sixth in the league) but he was still unhappy.

I then stuck him on the bench to prove a point and he handed in a transfer request.

I managed to hold onto him until January and sold him for £26 million. :)

You?

Guest Lee7947

On Football Manager 2010(i think it was 10)Man United kept making bids every day for Shawcross. Was quite annoying tbh.

Usually the transfer sagas involve me pursuing someone else's player incessantly for years, trying to pry them loose. Took a couple of years to get Neymar from Ajax, and in my current season I've just pulled two targets (newgen RWB and DM) from them after following those two for about three years. There are a few other times, but those examples are what spring to mind now. It's always sweet to finally close the deal.

I took almost 2 years to sign leo messi.

My latest one was for a german defender named raphael hoffmann (a newgen CB). It took almost 3 months to sign and I eventually got him for 50 million. Worth every penny imo because he's 22 and already the best CB in the world. He's definitely gonna be starting for me for at least 10 years.

I've had 2 sagas with Gareth Bale, took my 3 years with Chelsea before I could snatch him from Spurs, he finally became unhappy when 'Arry left and they hired Steve Bruce. Only cost me £30m in the end as well, I'd been offering more than that the summer before.

The second saga has been his recent contract negotiations, he took a wage decrease on his last deal (he's over 30 now), and this time wanted an increase again, took me about 6 months and 4 rounds of negotiation where it constantly broke down, until we eventually reached a deal. He's worth it though.

charles nzogbia at start of my second season i said nzogbia wern't for sale then he got unhappy i said this club can grow he said he cant wait that long. and put in transfer request i rejected it, then chelsea man utd and psg offered 8.5 million rejected the offers he got unhappy with me again he had 2 years left so i thought i would have too sell him at start of the 3rd season but luckily we won league cup and he became happy and signed new 5 year deal. he player mostly everygame in second season and was in great form him wanting a transfer and being unhappy bought the best out of him.

On an older CM, I spent 14 years chasing a DMC. At one point, I almost had him. He chose another club over me :( Needless to say, I got my guy in the end. 34 years old and I was determined that he would still play football for me so I signed him on a free transfer :)

Currently in the middle of a saga with Johan Vonlanthen. Having signed him for Peterborough on a free at the start of the season, he's been chased by several sides (including Everton, I think) for a good few months now. Turned down several bids in January, too. He tried making noises about moving on but I convinced him that London Road is the place to be, thank God!

I'm managing Chelsea and got Eden Hazard. Couple of years ago Barcelona had asked me for his price, told them 40milions which they offered. But I thought it through and rejected. Then they made a 48millions offer but I still didn't want to accept it :) He was 22 and had 4 year contract so I thought I would wait a season or two. Now, 2015, with Neymar comming in for free, I'm pretty sure I'll let Hazard go ;-)

During my short spell (8 months) at Sunderland I managed to sign a great Brazilian AMC newgen named Antônio for the relatively low fee of 9.5M... too bad he had just been loaned out to Cagliari for the season, so we had to wait to get him joining (BTW, is that accurate? I thought the new "owners" of the player could overturn/renegotiate existing loan deals).

Anyway, I got offered the Chelsea job and I jumped ship... and Antônio, who had been impressive for Sunderland once he had joined, was one of my targets.

But he accepted Liverpool's offer instead (go figure).

Fast forward 3 years, I'm now at Barcelona, and Antônio is a world-class AMC for Liverpool, his actual transfer value is around 30-40M... So I decide it's time to splash the cash on him...

But he accepts Real Madrid's offer instead (more money I suppose)

It's really weird I've never managed to have in my club a player who owns to me his european career

At least I get to field him for the Brazilian national team... ;)

I have a regen called Lancine Kone, very talented DR/WBR. Bought him when he was just gone 16, he's now just coming 19 and is already captain of the French U-21's. Anyway, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea have constantly been making bids for him. His value is now at £2m. But he'll be worth much much more than that one day, he's a 4.5 star potential, tall, strong and quick.

Anyway, ever since I've had him, I've been offered his plain value. Then 100k more, then 100k more, then 100k more...over and over again, most I've had is around £4.5m when his value was £1.5m. The only time it stops is when I offer him and he accepts a new contract, which I'd be stupid to do every transfer window. His current deal is £3k p/w and it lasts for 4 years.

I have a regen called Lancine Kone, very talented DR/WBR. Bought him when he was just gone 16, he's now just coming 19 and is already captain of the French U-21's. Anyway, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea have constantly been making bids for him. His value is now at £2m. But he'll be worth much much more than that one day, he's a 4.5 star potential, tall, strong and quick.

Anyway, ever since I've had him, I've been offered his plain value. Then 100k more, then 100k more, then 100k more...over and over again, most I've had is around £4.5m when his value was £1.5m. The only time it stops is when I offer him and he accepts a new contract, which I'd be stupid to do every transfer window. His current deal is £3k p/w and it lasts for 4 years.

Thats really strange I have a regen called Lacine Kone who has captained the France U21s and has now moved onto the Senior side as a Wonderkid CB (My replacement for Vidic) and I bought him also when he was 16 but ever since he turned 19-20 i've been harrased by the likes of Inter Milan making enquiries and offering £5m?!- I told them where to go but they keep coming back with marginally better offers- no way am I selling

FM2010 (or was it 09...) I was Arsenal, played 2 seasons with Barcelona dying to sign Fabregas. Bidding all the time, Fabregas unsettled (Very realistic eh...) anyway in the end I got a £103M offer for him (largely installments) but he had a broken leg and was out for 6-7 months at the time so no deal went through. He then was injured in the january transfer window as well and ended up being a ****ed off player all season causing squad harmony problems... bit annoying, never finished that season in the end so Fabregas didn't leave in the end... probably woulda gone in the summer to Barca had I carried on though.

Archived